22’ New Zealand F KC Nwafor (URI Verbal Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Place holder
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

“Insert Randy Orton Outta Nowhere”
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: 22’ New Zealand F KC Nwafor (URI Verbal Commit)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I knew something was up!

4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago I knew something was up!

All right nice job , does anyone know anything about him ??
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Re: 22 or 23 New Zealand F KC Nwafor (verbal URI)

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

6'7" 216 lbs.
Last edited by KevanBoyles 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Kenechukwu Nwafor

Birth Year: 2003 / Nationality: Nigeria / Height and Weight: 6’7” and 209 lbs / Team: Waikato

Nwafor was one of the revelations of the tournament. He excelled as a mobile play-finisher, team defender and rim protector, displaying good vertical athleticism and an excellent understanding of defense. These were the first two games I’ve seen of him, but I’m nevertheless already convinced that he’s a D1-prospect.
Offensively, Nwafor did not create for himself much, but efficiently converted his teammates’ passes. He displayed impressive touch around the rim, mainly with his right hand, even finishing some layups from extremely tough angles and some through contact. He also showed flashes of a post game, facing up and beating his defenders with his quickness.
Nwafor most eye-catching skill was his team defense. His mobility and long arms allowed him to impact shots as a weakside rim protector, and he consistently showed his feel for the game. His rotations were always quick and on-point – he made up for a lot of his guards’ mistakes – and he always had his hands up to impact his matchup’s vision. He was also very vocal whenever one of his teammates made a defensive mistake, which, if he’s as hard on himself when he makes mistakes, could be the trait of defensive anchor/leader.
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Looks like it's still unclear as to when he will arrive.

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago Kenechukwu Nwafor

Birth Year: 2003 / Nationality: Nigeria / Height and Weight: 6’7” and 209 lbs / Team: Waikato

Nwafor was one of the revelations of the tournament. He excelled as a mobile play-finisher, team defender and rim protector, displaying good vertical athleticism and an excellent understanding of defense. These were the first two games I’ve seen of him, but I’m nevertheless already convinced that he’s a D1-prospect.
Offensively, Nwafor did not create for himself much, but efficiently converted his teammates’ passes. He displayed impressive touch around the rim, mainly with his right hand, even finishing some layups from extremely tough angles and some through contact. He also showed flashes of a post game, facing up and beating his defenders with his quickness.
Nwafor most eye-catching skill was his team defense. His mobility and long arms allowed him to impact shots as a weakside rim protector, and he consistently showed his feel for the game. His rotations were always quick and on-point – he made up for a lot of his guards’ mistakes – and he always had his hands up to impact his matchup’s vision. He was also very vocal whenever one of his teammates made a defensive mistake, which, if he’s as hard on himself when he makes mistakes, could be the trait of defensive anchor/leader.
I think we'll call him KC. :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

It just occurred to me that bc he is down under he may be starting his last season in high school, meaning he would be considered a rising senior. Can anyone help me with this???
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I’m putting money Archie will want him in December and have him RS and practice with the team for the spring semester
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Yikes
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for posting the video, Steve.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Hmm Nigeria to New Zealand to the US ….. I’d like his frequent flyer miles.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago
If he plans on enrolling in December, wonder if Archie will use his last remaining scholarship for 22-23.

Except for Weston all the other commits were a surprise.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

As Jersey said, 1 scholarship left, to use or hold.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago As Jersey said, 1 scholarship left, to use or hold.
I'll take Ant Harris, if we're still after him. Then again, if we fill that last scholly, we only have room for one '23.(if nobody leaves).
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Sounds like a bit of a project with some upside. Fingers crossed he can contribute in a couple years.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Sounds like a bit of a project with some upside. Fingers crossed he can contribute in a couple years.
Who knows. Michael Houben knows international players very well and he said it’s a big time get. I remember he helped me win my fantasy basketball by saying Josh Giddey was a steal. He knows the game well so I definitely value his opinion.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
I'll take Ant Harris, if we're still after him. Then again, if we fill that last scholly, we only have room for one '23.(if nobody leaves).
True, but there is a chance that Louis, KC, and possibly Rory will RS, still leaving them 4 years eligibility starting in 23-24.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
True, but there is a chance that Louis, KC, and possibly Rory will RS, still leaving them 4 years eligibility starting in 23-24.
True also. But I'd expect the level of recruit to be even higher with kids who will be recruited for a full year and more. In other words, I'd expect Archie to shoot even higher than he is with these recent signees. We will need some room for them.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Why would they RS don’t they know we are going to the tourney this year? :lol:
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Sounds like a bit of a project with some upside. Fingers crossed he can contribute in a couple years.
Who knows. Michael Houben knows international players very well and he said it’s a big time get. I remember he helped me win my fantasy basketball by saying Josh Giddey was a steal. He knows the game well so I definitely value his opinion.
Yep, Houben said he has long term upside, which is the same thing I said.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

True also. But I'd expect the level of recruit to be even higher with kids who will be recruited for a full year and more. In other words, I'd expect Archie to shoot even higher than he is with these recent signees. We will need some room for them.
Was Archie known for getting high rated recruits at Dayton? I thought he got under the radar guys.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

78, on this we must trust Archie and the staff.
I don't think he would of offered all these young players unless he felt there was a huge upside and they were just overlooked.

I really trust Houben's opinion, especially when it comes to players from "Down Under".
If he is high on KC that is good for me.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

Was Archie known for getting high rated recruits at Dayton? I thought he got under the radar guys.
He got 10 three star recruits to Dayton. But he also got some big time players to Arizona when he was an assistant and also at Indiana. When he was hired at Dayton, he was known as a big time recruiter.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

He got 10 three star recruits to Dayton. But he also got some big time players to Arizona when he was an assistant and also at Indiana. When he was hired at Dayton, he was known as a big time recruiter.
I don't consider 3* recruits highly rated.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

NO DOUBT
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

EFF IT - it’s Memorial Day and I’m taking myself out of timeout !

You've got a cute way of talkin'
You got the better of me
Just snap your fingers and I'm walkin'
Like a dog hangin' on your lead

I'm in a spin, you know
Shakin' on string, you know
You make me feel like dancin'
I wanna dance the night away
You make me feel like dancin'
I'm gonna dance the night away
You make feel like dancin'
I feel like dancin', dancin'
Dance the night away
I feel like dancin', dancin', ah
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Archie landed mainly 3-star players at Dayton. I believe his highest-rated recruit was Kostas.

Archie recruited his guys that fit his system and developed them. He did worse after landing some of the best recruiting classes on paper at Indiana.

Incredibly, we haven’t played a second of basketball, and we have people already doubting some of these recruits. Let’s give these kids a freaking chance and, more importantly have a little bit more faith in someone that dominated in our conference landing these type of recruits each year.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Archie landed mainly 3-star players at Dayton. I believe his highest-rated recruit was Kostas.

Archie recruited his guys that fit his system and developed them. He did worse after landing some of the best recruiting classes on paper at Indiana.

Incredibly, we haven’t played a second of basketball, and we have people already doubting some of these recruits. Let’s give these kids a freaking chance and, more importantly have a little bit more faith in someone that dominated in our conference landing these type of recruits each year.
I just read back through this whole thread and don't see anyone doubting Nwafor. What are you referring to?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It's really interesting to see how many international prospects we've gotten this cycle. Assuming they're all enrolled and on the roster by Fall 2022 or Spring 2023, it has to be one of our most diverse basketball rosters of all-time.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago It's really interesting to see how many international prospects we've gotten this cycle. Assuming they're all enrolled and on the roster by Fall 2022 or Spring 2023, it has to be one of our most diverse basketball rosters of all-time.
Duane has a lot of international connections, although supposedly KC was recruited by Kenny and Austin.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

THANK YOU!!!!!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

THANK YOU!!!!!
You called it
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Where the heck did this guy come from?!

Stealth!

What a day.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Thanks for the video’s. He looks to have a nice, soft shot. Also looks like a quick leaper and what a wing span.

Good stuff for Archie and staff to work with.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Spoke to Michael Houben. He sent me this message…

“Im going to jump on a Rhody pod over the weekend, so ill link you to that when it comes out, will have more depth to it, but short story is he's a massive sleeper prospect over here. I know he's 6'7 but I'd expect him to play some 5.. super long arms and massive frame.”
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

awesome !
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Spoke to Michael Houben. He sent me this message…

“Im going to jump on a Rhody pod over the weekend, so ill link you to that when it comes out, will have more depth to it, but short story is he's a massive sleeper prospect over here. I know he's 6'7 but I'd expect him to play some 5.. super long arms and massive frame.”
Another Cyril? I’ll take it.
7 x
Slava Ukraini!
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Spoke to Michael Houben. He sent me this message…

Another Cyril? I’ll take it.
The only similarity to Cyril that I see is his build. From the videos, KC appears way more athletic and and with way more skills. If he possesses Cyril's "Ever Ready" motor, I think KC will be very good.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RJ, I will add in softer hands too.
2 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Hey everyone. I have Stevie Cozens a New Zealander Podcaster who broke the story on URI landing KC.

Do you have any questions for Stevie?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

sbrand wrote: 1 year ago Hey everyone. I have Stevie Cozens a New Zealander Podcaster who broke the story on URI landing KC.

Do you have any questions for Stevie?
Scouting report....strengths, weaknesses, etc.
0 x