'23 VA SG - Connor Dubsky (URI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

'23 VA SG - Connor Dubsky (URI ---> ??? )

Unread post by Matunuck »

Connor Dubsky - SG
Hometown: Arlington, VA
School: St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
Travel / AAU: Prospect U.

- NOTE: Hometown is listed as Arlington, Vermont on some sites, but every other connection of his seems to be related to Virginia, so I think this is a typo.

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 190

RANKINGS
Verbal Commits: 2 stars / unranked

OFFERS
Rhode Island (visited 5/18/22)
Bryant
Maine
Radford

- Updated 5/20/22 to add in the Bryant offer.
- Updated 6/20/22 to reflect URI going from interest to offer.
- Updated 8/12/22 to (finally) change the typo in the title, and to reflect verbal.
0 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Re: Placeholder

Unread post by Matunuck »

Connor Dubsky just finished his visit.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

The Dubber! (and no #notcommittedimadork)
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Can we get his name on this thread please
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

While we’re at it, can we pin the recruits we’ve signed to the top of the recruitment corner.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

'23 VA G Connor Dubsky (Offer)

Unread post by STC »

Offers:
Maine
Radford
Last edited by STC 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Have we offered him?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago Have we offered him?
I may have jumped the gun on putting URI in the offer column as I can't find anything confirming an offer. Updated my prior post.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: '23 VT SG - Connor Dubsky (Visited URI)

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Sorry about the delay on this one, but updated. As STC notes, I wasn't able to find anything about us actually offering him - seems like he just visited us. Seems to be a pretty under the radar prospect as of right now, as his only other offer was Maine before today, when Radford offered. (Even Bryant hasn't offered!)
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I haven't seen that we offered. He is definitely from Virginia (Va), as he was at Bishop O'Connell before transferring and I believe reclassing.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for posting the video, Jersey.

Dubsky does look to have a nice jump shot; good release, good height off the floor and good touch. He appears to have good skills but, not sure about the level of competition, however.

Compelling prospect. Under the radar, stealth recruit? We need shooters and however the staff can find them or wherever they can is a good sign they value the need.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago Sorry about the delay on this one, but updated. As STC notes, I wasn't able to find anything about us actually offering him - seems like he just visited us. Seems to be a pretty under the radar prospect as of right now, as his only other offer was Maine before today, when Radford offered. (Even Bryant hasn't offered!)
Haha

Bryant and Radford offered 2023 St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (VA) G Connor Dubsky. @ConnorDubsky verbalcommits.com/players/connor…
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago Sorry about the delay on this one, but updated. As STC notes, I wasn't able to find anything about us actually offering him - seems like he just visited us. Seems to be a pretty under the radar prospect as of right now, as his only other offer was Maine before today, when Radford offered. (Even Bryant hasn't offered!)
Haha

Bryant and Radford offered 2023 St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (VA) G Connor Dubsky. @ConnorDubsky verbalcommits.com/players/connor…
Ha! Grasso is getting slow on his trigger finger, now that he's had so much success in the transfer market. ;) Added in the Bryant offer.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: '23 VT SG - Connor Dubsky

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I mean if Grasso doesn't offer you when you're in middle school does he even want you????
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Forgot we had a thread on Dubsky already. Starting to blow up, got 4 offers yesterday including one from Kansas State.

0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

URI on this player early hopefully that pays off.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramfan22
ARD

Just announced he’s transferring to Putnam Science Academy. Also has gotten offers from George Mason, George Washington, Rice, and Wichita State, since Rhode Island offered yesterday.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

22 or others here, I am curious if you think whether Dubsky transferring to Putnam Science will have any impact - or not - on our recruitment of him or on his recruitment in general?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago 22 or others here, I am curious if you think whether Dubsky transferring to Putnam Science will have any impact - or not - on our recruitment of him or on his recruitment in general?
Only an hour or so from campus, so it'll be easy to go see him if he becomes a priority.
1 x
Ramfan22
ARD

1 x
Ramfan22
ARD

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

He's been pursued by better programs lately. Maryland and Kstate offered. For all the people on here that are always asking for shooting. This kid can shoot. He's more athletic than you would expect as well. I hope we land him
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

A team can never have enough shooters in today’s 3 point focused game so, I hope we land him too.

If we don’t land him this time, then we will move on to phase two of his recruitment. #NotYetUncommitted :D
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Quick,

name a recruit that this board didn't want to land?????

who was the last one?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Quick,

who was the last one?
For some here, anyone with less than 4 stars next to their name. :roll:
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago A team can never have enough shooters in today's 3 point focused game so, I hope we land him too.

If we don't land him this time, then we will move on to phase two of his recruitment. #NotYetUncommitted :D
If we are deciding between him and Trey Autry. I'd probably lean toward Trey.

We are after some great 23" recruits, so I don't know that Archie wants to take a commitment from what seems like an under-the-radar kind of player. Then again, This team needs shooters. He is, without question, a great shooter. Has a beautiful turnaround in his midrange. I trust whatever Archie wants to do.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

who was the last one?
Off the top of my head. Most people wanted Durugordon early on, but after some of his social media posts and hearing that we were going after Weston, some preferred not to land Durugordon. I think Jersey and I were the only ones that wanted Brafford, but some were hesitant due to his lack of offers and a 2-star rating.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

who was the last one?
I have not heard of a single player in a year that people didn't want.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

who was the last one?
Off the top of my head. Most people wanted Durugordon early on, but after some of his social media posts and hearing that we were going after Weston, some preferred not to land Durugordon. I think Jersey and I were the only ones that wanted Brafford, but some were hesitant due to his lack of offers and a 2-star rating.

Rhody Vault had URI closing in on Durugordon early. 9 pages on Durugordon. When it looked like it might not happen then interest in him waned.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Back to Dubsky.

My guess is the next recruit announced with be stealth, as most have been.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

who was the last one?
I have not heard of a single player in a year that people didn't want.
All you have to do is read this thread, Ramster.

viewtopic.php?t=8907
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

It’s all about “Dubs”

Gimme some Dubs!!

:)
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

name a recruit that this board didn't want to land.

who was the last one?

Rhody Vault had URI closing in on Durugordon early. 9 pages on Durugordon. When it looked like it might not happen then interest in him waned.

As I said, people wanted him, but some people changed their minds. He was one of the only names we were involved with early on, and he looked like a very intriguing prospect. I wanted to land him once I heard we were on his list of schools. However, once I heard we were going after Brandon Weston, I hoped we didn't take Durugordon's commitment because I wanted Weston. I have messages from Blueman saying he didn't want Durugordon, and he posted it on his thread. I also sent a message to Jersey saying, "The more I watch him, he's not very skilled and just looks athletic. I don't want him, "... So I know I changed my mind about wanting Durugordon to commit here.

Overall, I agree that most on here are very optimistic about 99% of the recruits we go after. I think that's the diehard fan in all of us. We all want every kid we go after to be a superstar, so this team is the best program in the A10.

I prefer Trey Autry over Cam and Connor, but if we aren't sure that Trey will commit, I don't want to lose out on all of them. Archie will make the right decision.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramfan22
ARD

1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Let’s go!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago
Let’s get another commitment!!
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago
Let’s get another commitment!!
What scholarship are we going to find to use for him?
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Article from 23 days ago on Kansas State Rivals page:

Guard Connor Dubsky eyes potential visits

Virginia-based guard Connor Dubsky is a high priority target for multiple programs. He currently hears the most from Kansas State, Maryland, UCF and Wichita State. The Wildcats and Terrapins have the best relationships with him and both hope to have him on campus for a visit.
However, there is still time for others to jump into the picture, according to the new Putnam Science Academy guard.
K-State assistant Jareem Dowling recruits Virginia and the surrounding areas. He has spearhead Dubsky's recruitment, which began a little over a month ago.
It didn't take long for head coach Jerome Tang and the rest of the staff also greet the 6-foot-4, 190-pound rising senior. Tang did the honors of extending the offer and made the Wildcats the first high-major program to do so.

"Coach Jareem Dowling was the first to start recruiting me," Dubsky said. "We’ve built a strong relationship after they had offered me. It's been through texts, calls all those types of things to stay connected and just checking up. He’s a very genuine and thoughtful guy and he has some funny jokes. I think the relationship got real strong when he was able to talk with my parents and come to my tournament with actually the whole coaching staff to see me play."
The conversations with both Dowling and Tang have remained constant.
"Coach Tang and I have spoken numerous times," the shooting guard mentioned. "He's a down-to-earth coach, really tells the truth and shared great advice about basketball and about becoming a man."
"They love that I'm able to score at all three levels," Dubsky added. "And continue to become a combo guard and getting my teammates involved and making everyone around me better. They want me to come in and work for time on the floor offensively and defensively and impact the game and win as many games as possible."

As one of the recruits near the top of the board, serious conversations about having Dubsky taking a trip to Manhattan have already been discussed. The two sides are looking at a weekend with a football game on campus. A probable date is early September.
"I want to learn what the culture at K-State is, the energy the school brings and if I could really see myself there and be able to call it home," Dubsky replied.
Maryland is another program that has offered and are in the planning stages for Dubsky to visit College Park. They offered at the beginning of June, a few weeks after the Wildcats.
"I spoke with Coach (Kevin) Willard a few times," Dubsky noted. "Originally my AAU coach had a connection with assistant coach (David) Cox at Maryland and he called me and told me that they really loved and admired my game and to keep my recruitment open so they could show how serious they were about me."
Maryland's history of sending players to the NBA has stood out to the east coast hooper.
"I like that some players that have been through that program have gone to the league," Dubsky shared. "I have similar playing styles, too. Also, it seems like the culture there is always wanting to win and get better regardless."

UCF is a program that has yet to offer, but they have shown Dubsky a lot of attention. They have wisely been using their future conference to their advantage. They, along with Houston, BYU and Cincinnati, will enter the Big 12 beginning in the Fall of 2023.
"UCF has been following me," he stated. "They say they love my game and are moving to the Big 12 after this season. They love that I am adaptable and versatile with my game and that I play with toughness on the court."
Just like Kansas State and Maryland, the Golden Knights hope to host him for a trip to Orlando.
"They told me on text and on the phone that they will (offer me) as soon as I visit," Dubsky revealed.
Lastly, there is Wichita State. The Shockers offered Dubsky less than a week after the Wildcats.
"For Wichita State, I have talked to Coach (Tyson) Waterman mainly," Dubsky pointed out. "He shared that I would be able to make an immediate impact early."

Although the four programs he mentioned are the ones the most embedded in his recruitment, the 6-foot-3 guard made it clear that he is still open to new suitors and isn't ready to hone in on only those programs.
"I have been getting a lot of love from those schools and other programs," Dubsky informed KSO. "My recruitment is open. I’m looking for the right fit and opportunity to work and continuing to develop and play."
He will not be scheduling any visits until after he has taken care of a couple things. First is his grassroots basketball finale at Virginia Beach that takes place from July 20-24. Secondly, he has a move in the works. He'll be transferring to Putnam Science Academy (PSA) for his senior season.
"I really have to wait and see because Virginia Beach is a few days away and then I'm headed to Putnam Science Academy the third week of August," Dubsky answered. "Talking with coaches about fit, how they see me and development are all important to discuss before setting up officials."
"The move to Putnam Science Academy is to play at a high prep level, work on development and put more tools in my bag," he continued. "I’m looking forward to playing with Mo (Dioubate), Ugonna (Kingsley Onyenso) and the other guys at PSA."

Dioubate is another target for both K-State and Maryland. The wing and Dubsky have already played with each other a couple times this Summer. We asked if the two would be interested in playing with one another at the next level if the opportunity arose.
"Honestly, I’ve enjoyed playing with him for my first three games during the live period," Dubsky admitted. "We have different and unique parts of our game that could compliment each other. So, if it’s possible, I’d do it."
Based on our conversations, I expect Dubsky to make a decision soon after he takes official visits. He mentioned he would like to be committed and have his decision behind him by early Fall.
"I want a head coach that believes in me," he responded. "I want a program that has a high standard of player development and growth for college and the next level and provides an opportunity to make an impact. It has to be a welcoming culture."
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

GW, Kansas St, Maryland, or Rhody

Let's go Rhody!!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Article from 23 days ago on Kansas State Rivals page:

Guard Connor Dubsky eyes potential visits

Virginia-based guard Connor Dubsky is a high priority target for multiple programs. He currently hears the most from Kansas State, Maryland, UCF and Wichita State. The Wildcats and Terrapins have the best relationships with him and both hope to have him on campus for a visit.
However, there is still time for others to jump into the picture, according to the new Putnam Science Academy guard.
K-State assistant Jareem Dowling recruits Virginia and the surrounding areas. He has spearhead Dubsky's recruitment, which began a little over a month ago.
It didn't take long for head coach Jerome Tang and the rest of the staff also greet the 6-foot-4, 190-pound rising senior. Tang did the honors of extending the offer and made the Wildcats the first high-major program to do so.

"Coach Jareem Dowling was the first to start recruiting me," Dubsky said. "We’ve built a strong relationship after they had offered me. It's been through texts, calls all those types of things to stay connected and just checking up. He’s a very genuine and thoughtful guy and he has some funny jokes. I think the relationship got real strong when he was able to talk with my parents and come to my tournament with actually the whole coaching staff to see me play."
The conversations with both Dowling and Tang have remained constant.
"Coach Tang and I have spoken numerous times," the shooting guard mentioned. "He's a down-to-earth coach, really tells the truth and shared great advice about basketball and about becoming a man."
"They love that I'm able to score at all three levels," Dubsky added. "And continue to become a combo guard and getting my teammates involved and making everyone around me better. They want me to come in and work for time on the floor offensively and defensively and impact the game and win as many games as possible."

As one of the recruits near the top of the board, serious conversations about having Dubsky taking a trip to Manhattan have already been discussed. The two sides are looking at a weekend with a football game on campus. A probable date is early September.
"I want to learn what the culture at K-State is, the energy the school brings and if I could really see myself there and be able to call it home," Dubsky replied.
Maryland is another program that has offered and are in the planning stages for Dubsky to visit College Park. They offered at the beginning of June, a few weeks after the Wildcats.
"I spoke with Coach (Kevin) Willard a few times," Dubsky noted. "Originally my AAU coach had a connection with assistant coach (David) Cox at Maryland and he called me and told me that they really loved and admired my game and to keep my recruitment open so they could show how serious they were about me."
Maryland's history of sending players to the NBA has stood out to the east coast hooper.
"I like that some players that have been through that program have gone to the league," Dubsky shared. "I have similar playing styles, too. Also, it seems like the culture there is always wanting to win and get better regardless."

UCF is a program that has yet to offer, but they have shown Dubsky a lot of attention. They have wisely been using their future conference to their advantage. They, along with Houston, BYU and Cincinnati, will enter the Big 12 beginning in the Fall of 2023.
"UCF has been following me," he stated. "They say they love my game and are moving to the Big 12 after this season. They love that I am adaptable and versatile with my game and that I play with toughness on the court."
Just like Kansas State and Maryland, the Golden Knights hope to host him for a trip to Orlando.
"They told me on text and on the phone that they will (offer me) as soon as I visit," Dubsky revealed.
Lastly, there is Wichita State. The Shockers offered Dubsky less than a week after the Wildcats.
"For Wichita State, I have talked to Coach (Tyson) Waterman mainly," Dubsky pointed out. "He shared that I would be able to make an immediate impact early."

Although the four programs he mentioned are the ones the most embedded in his recruitment, the 6-foot-3 guard made it clear that he is still open to new suitors and isn't ready to hone in on only those programs.
"I have been getting a lot of love from those schools and other programs," Dubsky informed KSO. "My recruitment is open. I’m looking for the right fit and opportunity to work and continuing to develop and play."
He will not be scheduling any visits until after he has taken care of a couple things. First is his grassroots basketball finale at Virginia Beach that takes place from July 20-24. Secondly, he has a move in the works. He'll be transferring to Putnam Science Academy (PSA) for his senior season.
"I really have to wait and see because Virginia Beach is a few days away and then I'm headed to Putnam Science Academy the third week of August," Dubsky answered. "Talking with coaches about fit, how they see me and development are all important to discuss before setting up officials."
"The move to Putnam Science Academy is to play at a high prep level, work on development and put more tools in my bag," he continued. "I’m looking forward to playing with Mo (Dioubate), Ugonna (Kingsley Onyenso) and the other guys at PSA."

Dioubate is another target for both K-State and Maryland. The wing and Dubsky have already played with each other a couple times this Summer. We asked if the two would be interested in playing with one another at the next level if the opportunity arose.
"Honestly, I’ve enjoyed playing with him for my first three games during the live period," Dubsky admitted. "We have different and unique parts of our game that could compliment each other. So, if it’s possible, I’d do it."
Based on our conversations, I expect Dubsky to make a decision soon after he takes official visits. He mentioned he would like to be committed and have his decision behind him by early Fall.
"I want a head coach that believes in me," he responded. "I want a program that has a high standard of player development and growth for college and the next level and provides an opportunity to make an impact. It has to be a welcoming culture."
Should we be reading anything into this article from 23 days ago not mentioning us at all with his visit and our offer coming outside of that window? Were we not mentioned by the reporter because the reporter only cared about power conference teams? Did we cool on him? Was he looking for something bigger than URI? I guess we'll find out at 1
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago
A Kansas State fan in the comments says they've moved on. No idea how accurate that is and if it's accurate why
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Is he still seen as a 2 star recruit?
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Is he still seen as a 2 star recruit?
247 Sports has him as a 0 star recruit.
0 x
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

If we beat Cox for this recruit that’d actually be funny
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think we focus way too much on star ratings here.

Guess how many stars Obi Toppin had? 0 on 247 and 0 on rivals.

Do I think this kid will be Obi Toppin? Absolutely not.

But this team has a specific need at the guard position. They need someone that has range. They need someone that can hit a jumper. They need someone that keeps the defense honest, so our playmakers like Ant, Ish, Weston, and Bray can do their thing. I genuinely believe Connor fills that need. I have watched him drop 20 and 25 on kids with four-star ratings. He has a knack for scoring the ball.

This is against a team with multiple high major prospects. Watch that video and explain to me why he won't make an impact on our roster.

Go Rhody!!
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I think we focus way too much on star ratings here.

Guess how many stars Obi Toppin had? 0 on 247 and 0 on rivals.

Do I think this kid will be Obi Toppin? Absolutely not.

But this team has a specific need at the guard position. They need someone that has range. They need someone that can hit a jumper. They need someone that keeps the defense honest, so our playmakers like Ant, Ish, Weston, and Bray can do their thing. I genuinely believe Connor fills that need. I have watched him drop 20 and 25 on kids with four-star ratings. He has a knack for scoring the ball.

This is against a team with multiple high major prospects. Watch that video and explain to me why he won't make an impact on our roster.

Go Rhody!!
Exactly. Archie is building a college basketball team, not an all-star AAU team.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I asked Connor if he could give me a little breakdown of his game and any tape that he likes and he sent me this message. Great kid.

"I know there is a lot of video. For 2021-2022 I have varsity, ncaa live, aau tournament highlights. At tourneys Ive scored 90 to 150 points. Every tournament i prove i am a creative 3 level scoring. I think showing you are being guarded close and by someone as big or bigger than me is important (vs Nationally rankedTeam Loaded 3SSB) I do like the Southern and Pittsburh Jam Fest ....lastly varsity "
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING