'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Re: Anthony Harris (UNC —>> URI)

Unread post by rjv »

I agree 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Well, you guys just put it to 19.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Stop the madness, lock it up.
3 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Stop the madness, lock it up.
Can't lock it til Archie says yay or nay!
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
Or at least until we get to 20 pages!
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
Archie has said more than once that this resides in URI Admissions. Still to be determined.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Archie has said more than once that this resides in URI Admissions. Still to be determined.
How many years are we going to wait before we realize it's not going to happen? BTW, it would be great if this thread gets locked right before it hits 20 pages. :lol:
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Let's get going URI ADMISSIONS!! Say yes or say no...stop this madness once and for all.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rjv wrote: 1 year ago I agree 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With what ????????????????????
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Let's get going URI ADMISSIONS!! Say yes or say no...stop this madness once and for all.
Pretty sure they said no, or he'd be in school right now. :)
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

No way this epic thread about nothing get locked…
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Let's get going URI ADMISSIONS!! Say yes or say no...stop this madness once and for all.
Then they should announce that.
The last word from Archie Miller was the decision was in URI Admissions.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

What is there to announce? There are two games left in the season and the kid isn't here. I think its safe to assume he won't be on the team this season.

I thought everyone loved the "stealth"? :lol:
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just going by what the Head Coach said

Seems like the honeymoon is waning
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago What is there to announce? There are two games left in the season and the kid isn't here. I think its safe to assume he won't be on the team this season.

He's going to be in Brooklyn and take us to The Dance! :D
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Just going by what the Head Coach said

So just because Archie hasn't announced anything else since his last statement, do you think there is still a chance Ant Harris plays this season? Or that the admissions office just hasn't gotten around to looking at his application yet? Come on, lets use a little common sense here and not be deliberately obtuse.

Ant's not going to be eligible this season. We'll see what happens with him during the offseason for next year. No press release or comment by the coach is going to change that at this point in the year.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
adam914 wrote: 1 year ago What is there to announce? There are two games left in the season and the kid isn't here. I think its safe to assume he won't be on the team this season.

He's going to be in Brooklyn and take us to The Dance! :D
Haha I'd love to see it! Maybe he'll pull a Willis Reed and come running out of the tunnel and turn everything around!! :D
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

So just because Archie hasn't announced anything else since his last statement, do you think there is still a chance Ant Harris plays this season? Or that the admissions office just hasn't gotten around to looking at his application yet? Come on, lets use a little common sense here and not be deliberately obtuse.

Ant's not going to be eligible this season. We'll see what happens with him during the offseason for next year. No press release or comment by the coach is going to change that at this point in the year.
Nothing about this 20 page thread hints at any level of common sense so why start now?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nothing about this 20 page thread hints at any level of common sense so why start now?
Sorry,

19 pages of bullshit. My mistake saying 20 pages.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Sorry,

It's not "all" bs...I mean, there's some rampant speculation mixed in with the deliberate obtuseness required to give this legs ...like, "he'll join the team this summer!" 20 pages would be impressive. Ja'drum, don't be browbeaten and told what to do so easily ;)

And for those who 'think there's news' only to come over here and be crushed to see 'bs'....kinda funny if you really think you're going to "hear it here first" :lol: :lol: Not news, instead, this thread, well...That's.....

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

Sorry,

It's not "all" bs...I mean, there's some rampant speculation mixed in with the deliberate obtuseness required to give this legs ...like, "he'll join the team this summer!" 20 pages would be impressive. Ja'drum, don't be browbeaten and told what to do so easily ;)

And for those who 'think there's news' only to come over here and be crushed to see 'bs'....kinda funny if you really think you're going to "hear it here first" :lol: :lol: Not news, instead, this thread, well...That's.....

Quite well done and just a great song. Sorry, but no news on Ant. Carry on.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Sorry,

🤐
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago

Sorry,

🤐
dude! The response to 'don't be intimidated to silence' is NOT the lips of zipper....that response was you-know-who-esque, in a "I been told to keep quite" kinda way. :lol:
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Friggin’ emoji’s! I can’t keep up with that stuff! :lol: :lol:

Oops! This is my final post……again.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I don't think he has said that. This is an NCAA matter, not a URI matter
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

He did not say it, it is not accurate that the decision rests in the hands of Admissions, and they legally couldn't announce if they rejected a student's admission. Outside of that though...
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

He did not say it, it is not accurate that the decision rests in the hands of Admissions, and they legally couldn't announce if they rejected a student's admission. Outside of that though...
Typically, when it comes to academics - the onus rests on the player to take the classes and pass them. That would be what common sense would say.

I've never heard of any school's admissions department stopping a student from getting credit on classes they enrolled in or passed.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

Typically, when it comes to academics - the onus rests on the player to take the classes and pass them. That would be what common sense would say.

I've never heard of any school's admissions department stopping a student from getting credit on classes they enrolled in or passed.
At least with "normal" transfer students, there can be some back-and-forth about what your incoming credits will count as, if they count at all. Like, you can't just take welding classes and have them count at every four-year college. It also probably depends on how deep of a hole Harris was in, academically, following his time at UNC.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Maybe, sort of "new" content, here is him tagged in some training video with other players from two weeks ago. (The post is dated two weeks ago, but I don't know if its "fresh" or simply recycling old content.) Just a single dunk though, so if you don't have Instagram, you're not missing much.

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago Maybe, sort of "new" content, here is him tagged in some training video with other players from two weeks ago. (The post is dated two weeks ago, but I don't know if its "fresh" or simply recycling old content.) Just a single dunk though, so if you don't have Instagram, you're not missing much.

No one even knows which one he is, because he's (vying for the title of) the "most talked about player no one has ever seen or will see here."
Nother 20 posts or so...20 pages. That's gotta be pretty rarified air for guy that never plays here...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago Maybe, sort of "new" content, here is him tagged in some training video with other players from two weeks ago. (The post is dated two weeks ago, but I don't know if its "fresh" or simply recycling old content.) Just a single dunk though, so if you don't have Instagram, you're not missing much.

No one even knows which one he is, because he's (vying for the title of) the "most talked about player no one has ever seen or will see here."
Nother 20 posts or so...20 pages. That's gotta be pretty rarified air for guy that never plays here...
Great to see Ant with the rock in his hands
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

reef wrote: 1 year ago

Great to see Ant with the rock in his hands

do I read this correctly that he is training at MVM training which is in Virginia near D.C. Does this mean that he will show up somewhere else next year?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

one can only speculate...
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago one can only speculate...
Be careful with that...
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Ant no way he's playing here.
3 x
dave11to28
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by dave11to28 »

I spoke to Thorr recently re Ant. He told me there is no chance he ever plays for us or for any future school in his opinion mainly due to grades and other issues so pretty sure we can end this forum at 19 pages....
3 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

For those of you who want Archie to say something definitive on this, it’s not going to happen. He’s not going to draw attention to the mess and would probably prefer that the whole Harris/URI association just fade from memory.
5 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

agreed.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

This is worse than the Covid thread.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

dave11to28 wrote: 1 year ago I spoke to Thorr recently re Ant. He told me there is no chance he ever plays for us or for any future school in his opinion mainly due to grades and other issues so pretty sure we can end this forum at 19 pages....
Did this thread drive you crazy enough to go up to Thor and ask him directly?

Or

You must be Thor! Come to put the hammer down on this fiasco??
1 x
dave11to28
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by dave11to28 »

Definitely the first option. I am just a season ticket holder who had the opporunity to spend some time with him recently so I was dieing to know so asked him and that is what he said....
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

and now we've all read it on the interwebs, so it must be true
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Maybe he will join the Globetrotters? No grades,or “other issues” are required.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

XAdministrative question. Do we need to get to 20 pages or do we need to complete 20 pages?..🤣🤣
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

get 'to' 20 pages...it'll be a pretty terrific accomplishment
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 1 year ago Maybe he will join the Globetrotters? No grades,or “other issues” are required.
Are NOHEHOHs eligible?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm determined to get to 20 pages!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

And I won't take no for an Ant-ser!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Quick turn on your TV! I hear Thorr is about to make an Antnouncement!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Did you just hear the news?!
0 x