'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Anthony Harris (UNC —>> URI)

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
I think Ant deleted his Instagram?
0 x
GO RAMS
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

He is now a man of mystery and folklore.

Whew! Congrats and good job on getting this thread from page 17 to 18. I was losing faith we would make it.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Whoa! Didn't even see this was up to 18 pages! Sweet! Congrats 👏
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Hate to cut this thread short, as I was cheering for a 20 pager here…but today in the Alumni Lounge, Coach Carroll laughed when someone asked whether we could expect to see Ant! He laughed and said “not this year”
6 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Hate to cut this thread short, as I was cheering for a 20 pager here…but today in the Alumni Lounge, Coach Carroll laughed when someone asked whether we could expect to see Ant! He laughed and said “not this year”
Encouraging answer. He didn’t say never, just not this year. Leaves the door open for 20 pages as we look out for his arrival prior to the start of next season. :D

Good work and good intel.
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 year ago Hate to cut this thread short, as I was cheering for a 20 pager here…but today in the Alumni Lounge, Coach Carroll laughed when someone asked whether we could expect to see Ant! He laughed and said “not this year”
Encouraging answer. He didn’t say never, just not this year. Leaves the door open for 20 pages as we look out for his arrival prior to the start of next season. :D

Exactly...we all know he's not going to join for the last handful of games this year. This does nothing to dampen speculation for next year (and maybe even the year after that!). Which of our insiders has got watch on him this summer?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

Exactly...we all know he's not going to join for the last handful of games this year. This does nothing to dampen speculation for next year (and maybe even the year after that!). Which of our insiders has got watch on him this summer?
Look if he finally ends up here and contributes great, but I am not holding my breath or care that much at this point.
He had 2nd semester at UNC not playing basketball to get his academics in order and didn't happen.
He had summer school, didn't happen.
He had last semester at juco, still didn't happen.
Enough already, what makes anyone think that even by some miracle if he does come here, he will go to class and keep his grades up.
Besides all that by next season he will not have played Div.1 competitively for almost 2 years.
On top of all that having 2 ACL surgeries, just how injury prone is he.
Lots and lots of question marks and red flags.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Look if he finally ends up here and contributes great, but I am not holding my breath or care that much at this point.
He had 2nd semester at UNC not playing basketball to get his academics in order and didn't happen.
He had summer school, didn't happen.
He had last semester at juco, still didn't happen.
Enough already, what makes anyone think that even by some miracle if he does come here, he will go to class and keep his grades up.
Besides all that by next season he will not have played Div.1 competitively for almost 2 years.
On top of all that having 2 ACL surgeries, just how injury prone is he.
Lots and lots of question marks and red flags.
Great points...only time (and additional pages) will tell....
1 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Tough one.

It could be looked at through the lens that Ant Harris is just not serious about school and therefore should not be allowed to play.

However, if this young man has a learning disability that is either not diagnosed or if he is not getting the support he needs, then that is a different consideration. Who knows, after two knees injuries, the UNC basketball business could have just moved on. Maybe with the right help, he could be successful.

The coaching staff probably knows where the truth lies.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Couldn’t care less about the kid at this point.

Nobody else should either.

Will never put on a URI jersey.

And if I’m wrong, I doubt he contributes much if he does end up here.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Some visiting here misinterpret the point of the thread if following the evolution of it. Carry on.
1 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Please end this lunacy.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Either he's eligible and we take him for next year or we get one of the 1000 other guards that will be available in the portal.

I'll trust the staff if he does end up here, but like, can we just go get some low major guard that scores 18 points a game or something?

Some one that can play offense lol?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago Either he's eligible and we take him for next year or we get one of the 1000 other guards that will be available in the portal.

I'll trust the staff if he does end up here, but like, can we just go get some low major guard that scores 18 points a game or something?

This years roster gives me some pause in the “trust the staff no matter what” camp.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago Either he's eligible and we take him for next year or we get one of the 1000 other guards that will be available in the portal.

This years roster gives me some pause in the “trust the staff no matter what” camp.
My optimism will hinge on the type of transfer we get.

Can't forget all these coaches have coached maybe 100's of players better than what we have now and understand what good players are suppose to look like.

So I still have faith.
Last edited by PeterRamTime 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

So it was the staff's fault that Harris didn't come? Or that Bilau got injured? Or that Bray would be a pain in the fucking ass?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

My optimism will hinge on the type or transfer we get.

Can't forget all these coaches have coached maybe 100's of players better than what we have now and understand what good players are suppose to look like.

So I still have faith.
I definitely have faith. Faith that, whether he comes here or not, we can continue talking about him quite a bit more...
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago#19
easy
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

So it was the staff's fault that Harris didn't come? Or that Bilau got injured? Or that Bray would be a pain in the fucking ass?
Uh Yes it is absolutely 1000% on the staff Harris is not on the team. He didn’t play second semester last year, and the staff didn’t look into his academics well enough obviously.

Yes it’s the staffs fault (to a degree) Freeman was a pain. Attended multiple high schools, should’ve been a red flag right there. He seemed to have a shorter leash when he played than others did.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Uh Yes it is absolutely 1000% on the staff Harris is not on the team. He didn’t play second semester last year, and the staff didn’t look into his academics well enough obviously.

Yes it’s the staffs fault (to a degree) Freeman was a pain. Attended multiple high schools, should’ve been a red flag right there. He seemed to have a shorter leash when he played than others did.
Ok Rhody Vault
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ok Rhody Vault
I thought RV went back to DC?
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Ok Rhody Vault
I thought RV went back to DC?
hahaha
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

This makes no sense. First of all, I’m sure they “looked into his academics.” But let’s just say they didn’t and if they did they would have realized he wasn’t going to be able to play…exactly how would our situation be any different? He definitely wouldn’t be on the team in that scenario. So I’m not sure how it makes any sense to say it is 1000% on the staff that he’s not on the team because they didn’t look into his academics lol.

In reality, I’m sure they recognized that there was a chance he wouldn’t clear whatever bars he needed to clear to play, but they also recognized what we all now recognize - that there is a huge need for talent on this roster - and rolled the dice. No harm no foul, as far as I’m concerned.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago

This makes no sense. First of all, I’m sure they “looked into his academics.” But let’s just say they didn’t and if they did they would have realized he wasn’t going to be able to play…exactly how would our situation be any different? He definitely wouldn’t be on the team in that scenario. So I’m not sure how it makes any sense to say it is 1000% on the staff that he’s not on the team because they didn’t look into his academics lol.

In reality, I’m sure they recognized that there was a chance he wouldn’t clear whatever bars he needed to clear to play, but they also recognized what we all now recognize - that there is a huge need for talent on this roster - and rolled the dice. No harm no foul, as far as I’m concerned.
Uh, it’d be different because they wouldn’t have kept recruited him and could’ve moved onto someone else?

They rolled the dice yes, but they didn’t NEED to. Nobody said “we have to recruit Anthony Harris.” They chose to do that. There were other players they could have targeted.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills where people aren’t blaming the staff from the current roster.

The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the program, including kids he recruits. If players don’t work out, are we giving the staff a complete pass? I can’t do that.

They could’ve given Diggins a higher priority that Harris and who knows, maybe we get Rashool.

Also Diggins was ranked higher than Harris in HS with more years to play. So there wouldn’t be a justification to say Harris was more talented because both players did nothing productive at their initial schools.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ok Rhody Vault

Hahaha ah yes, one person tries saying I’m RV and more people jump onto it because they don’t agree with my post.

Tremendous.
1 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Uh, it’d be different because they wouldn’t have kept recruited him and could’ve moved onto someone else?

They rolled the dice yes, but they didn’t NEED to. Nobody said “we have to recruit Anthony Harris.” They chose to do that. There were other players they could have targeted.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills where people aren’t blaming the staff from the current roster.

The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the program, including kids he recruits. If players don’t work out, are we giving the staff a complete pass? I can’t do that.

They could’ve given Diggins a higher priority that Harris and who knows, maybe we get Rashool.

Also Diggins was ranked higher than Harris in HS with more years to play. So there wouldn’t be a justification to say Harris was more talented because both players did nothing productive at their initial schools.
Maybe they could have recruited someone else, but that’s not what you said. You said “it is absolutely 1000% on the staff Harris is not on the team”. I’m not sure what they could have done that would have resulted in him being on the team right now.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CD7A5D4E-0D98-41B9-B4C1-8B811E26B7CB.jpeg
0 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Maybe they could have recruited someone else, but that’s not what you said. You said “it is absolutely 1000% on the staff Harris is not on the team”. I’m not sure what they could have done that would have resulted in him being on the team right now.
I'm going to jump in here and agree a little with R15, and I'm going to take it a step farther. First let me say that I will certainly cut Coach and his staff some slack because they had a late start, and I expect them to have a better recruiting class this year and in the future. But they knew coming in that they needed guard help. And I think we all may have rolled the dice on taking Ant, but if you are going to do that, you have to be darn sure you have a guaranteed serviceable point guard also coming in. But Bray does not fill that role. 6 different schools in 6 years, and a game that doesn't even come close to what Archie would prefer, just sets the table for a very possible failure, which leaves us terribly vulnerable in the backcourt. When you combine that with the front court, not a stellar recruiting job. Barely a C in my book with a lot of room for improvement..
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 1 year ago CD7A5D4E-0D98-41B9-B4C1-8B811E26B7CB.jpeg
15 swoops in for a solid boost to try to get to 20. Nice. :D
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Ok Rhody Vault

Hahaha ah yes, one person tries saying I’m RV and more people jump onto it because they don’t agree with my post.

Tremendous.
Lol I'm just trolling a little. I know you're not Rhody Vault
1 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Please put an end to this. He's not coming. Let's all move on and stop the blame game, just for the sake of posting.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago Please put an end to this. He's not coming. Let's all move on and stop the blame game, just for the sake of posting.
Can't - not at 20 pages yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago Please put an end to this. He's not coming. Let's all move on and stop the blame game, just for the sake of posting.
Can't - not at 20 pages yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ugh ….
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RJRam wrote: 1 year ago

I'm going to jump in here and agree a little with R15, and I'm going to take it a step farther. First let me say that I will certainly cut Coach and his staff some slack because they had a late start, and I expect them to have a better recruiting class this year and in the future. But they knew coming in that they needed guard help. And I think we all may have rolled the dice on taking Ant, but if you are going to do that, you have to be darn sure you have a guaranteed serviceable point guard also coming in. But Bray does not fill that role. 6 different schools in 6 years, and a game that doesn't even come close to what Archie would prefer, just sets the table for a very possible failure, which leaves us terribly vulnerable in the backcourt. When you combine that with the front court, not a stellar recruiting job. Barely a C in my book with a lot of room for improvement..
Seems this 18th page has dragged on...a lot.

But, these kinds of posts provide a big boost.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

You are 100% correct. Archie got paid a lot of money to turn the program into NCAA caliber team. It is shocking that people think are talent is close to being where we want the program to be. We haven’t won a road game in what seems like years, but we point out 1-2 games we played well against mediocre competition. The league is as bad as it has ever been so we might be looking at a 1-2 bid league going forward. Basketball can be turned around quick with a couple good guards that can shoot and some bugs that defend and rebound. The problem is that none of those guys are on this roster currently. I still think Archie can get guys in here and is certainly a much better coach than Cox, but this is not a successful year by any means in terms of growth with the current roster. Let’s see what he does in the off season
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago

You are 100% correct. Archie got paid a lot of money to turn the program into NCAA caliber team. It is shocking that people think are talent is close to being where we want the program to be. We haven’t won a road game in what seems like years, but we point out 1-2 games we played well against mediocre competition. The league is as bad as it has ever been so we might be looking at a 1-2 bid league going forward. Basketball can be turned around quick with a couple good guards that can shoot and some bugs that defend and rebound. The problem is that none of those guys are on this roster currently. I still think Archie can get guys in here and is certainly a much better coach than Cox, but this is not a successful year by any means in terms of growth with the current roster. Let’s see what he does in the off season
Could this be why he's not here yet?
Still gotta work this out?

viewtopic.php?t=1160&start=3300#p549387
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Was said in another thread that Ant is a Tier 4 player.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss...
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It's significantly more likely that this thread hits 30 pages than Ant Harris comes to URI.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago It's significantly more likely that this thread hits 30 pages than Ant Harris comes to URI.
At this point...that IS the point 👍
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Take the point and run...⛹🏻‍♂️
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

not so fast.. we are still at..

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

My apologies I was too quick to the trigger

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Seems kind of hollow to just shitpost our way to 20 pages
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago Seems kind of hollow to just shitpost our way to 20 pages
Beyond pointless to do.

Cue the people who say “don’t click on it then.”
2 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

It’s getting really annoying thinking that we have new news about Ant and you guys keep posting pointless shit.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Valued, valid opinions above from RK, 15 and Stevey (thread author).

I therefore respectfully resign from the sole pursuit of 20 pages and will only post in response to pertinent info regarding Ant.

To those posters who perpetuated and shared the pursuit, I thank you for the creative, entertaining distraction during a difficult season.

Plus, the season is close to over and I need to get in the right mindset for serious recruiting and potalpalooza posting.
1 x