'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ant Harris is visiting
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: Anthony Harris

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

They haven’t burned the ocean state jerseys yet?
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Cole Anthony commenting on his Rhody visit is pretty sick.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Was a 4 star coming out of high school.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Strong, physical guard. Ok!
Last edited by Billyboy78 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Scouting Report 247 on Anthony Harris

H.S. Scouting Report
EVALUATED 11/30/2018
Jerry Meyer
DIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING
PROJECTION
Second Round
COMPARISON
Bruce Brown
DETROIT PISTONS
A well-built and physical athlete. Capable of dominating defensively at either guard position. Highly competitive and will chase down the ball. Loves to attack the basket and also shoots it well from outside. Solid as a handler and passer. Has the makings of a non-flashy but substantive NBA prospect.

National ranking #72 in 2019.

Had a history of ACL injuries (HS and college)
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Backroads wrote: 1 year ago They haven’t burned the ocean state jerseys yet?
Lol wdym? Those jerseys are 🔥 imo
2 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

This would be HUGE! He's had injury issues at UNC but I saw him play with Jeremy Roach in high school, they were on the same team. He was a year older but thought he was better than Roach.
0 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

How much eligibility?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Backroads wrote: 1 year ago How much eligibility?
3 years
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Definite take!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Has anyone seen him play since being injured?
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Backroads wrote: 1 year ago How much eligibility?
3 years
He will be 22 in July and has been in college for 3 years already. He may technically have 3 years of eligibility, but it seems unlikely he would use all of them.

I know he has had two ACL tears and a concussion. Why was he unavailable for the end of last season?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Have we ever had a Tarheel before?
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Have we ever had a Tarheel before?
I don’t think so. Abu Bakr, of course, was a transfer from Duke.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Great stuff here.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Is there any post last injury footage?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Is there any post last injury footage?
Looks like every time the kid was taking a turn and making an impact he got hurt. What intrigues me is when he was healthy he had a role on a stacked UNC team and his coaches seemed to speak highly of him. He seems like a perfect guard that leaves a high major and has a big role on an A10 team.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-guard ... /20089852/
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Definitely worth a flyer here IMO for a season or perhaps 2. Recent events have turned stuff upside down but I do have a bit of a issue with 24/25 yo on college teams in general. Seems to eliminate the “student” aspect in a lot of cases. Strong agree on PC last season, masterful taking advantage of current situation to build a powerful team. In the short term I guess the situation is still the same if Miller decides to play it that way with the last couple roster spots.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Now THAT... is a point guard. Wow. Haven't seen anyone around here quite like that since Tyson Wheeler.

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Now THAT... is a point guard. Wow. Haven't seen anyone around here quite like that since Tyson Wheeler.

Is there any footage post most recent injury?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
jcru wrote: 1 year ago Now THAT... is a point guard. Wow. Haven't seen anyone around here quite like that since Tyson Wheeler.

You'll need to research what games he played in and try to find full games of UNC if you want that.

Scored 6 pts in this game against Kentucky.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

You'll need to research what games he played in and try to find full games of UNC if you want that.

Unless I missed something, surprised there's not more interest in that...
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unless I missed something, surprised there's not more interest in that...
He didn't play much, which is why he's transferring. You can see a much better breakdown of his game with the videos people have posted. If we had a good video from last year, I'm sure someone would have found it by now. You see him do a couple of nice drives in that Kentucky game and hit two free throws. You can't tell much in the UNC games I watched.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Just spit-balling here…

If we sign Weston or Harris, that would give us seven guards, I believe (although I think Martin can split time between the backcourt and front court) and 3-4 in the frontcourt if Martin splits time with 3-4 open scholly’s left (not sure if I’m counting correctly).

Do you think Archie is leaning towards signing both Harris and Weston or just one of the two? If just one of the two, then who would you rather have, Harris or Weston?

Assuming for now that no other guard recruits are in play for us, It’s a coin flip for me if I had to choose today between Harris and Weston. Maybe I would lean towards Weston because of Harris’ injury history.

Just curious as to what others here are thinking.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Harris’ injuries worry me too. If he decides to come I think he’s worth the risk tho’
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago Harris’ injuries worry me too. If he decides to come I think he’s worth the risk tho’
Look at Derrick Rose. He had the absolute worst injuries possible multiple times and years later has found his way back to being a great player in the league. As long as Harris knows how to work he can still be great.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Just spit-balling here…

If we sign Weston or Harris, that would give us seven guards, I believe (although I think Martin can split time between the backcourt and front court) and 3-4 in the frontcourt if Martin splits time with 3-4 open scholly’s left (not sure if I’m counting correctly).

Do you think Archie is leaning towards signing both Harris and Weston or just one of the two? If just one of the two, then who would you rather have, Harris or Weston?

Assuming for now that no other guard recruits are in play for us, It’s a coin flip for me if I had to choose today between Harris and Weston. Maybe I would lean towards Weston because of Harris’ injury history.

I think if possible Archie would take both, I would also love to have Harris and Weston.

Right now please let us get at least one of them.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

I think if possible Archie would take both, I would also love to have Harris and Weston.

Right now please let us get at least one of them.
No word from Harris commiting to rhody as of yet and if there’s no news for the next couple of days, I’m thinking he’s waiting for Weston but at the same time I want some transfers for some experience, but at the same time both would be perfect
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I"d take both in a heartbeat. We need an upgrade in talent if this team is going to be an NCAA tournament team. I love guys like Ish and Thomas but if you can land Ant Harris you do it. Weston is a super athletic wing. I think he has A10 POY type talent.

If we landed one, Weston would be my top choice
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago Harris’ injuries worry me too. If he decides to come I think he’s worth the risk tho’
Exactly. Sounds "worth the risk", but I can't get excited about it with some good post injury footage.
0 x
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Archie has been very patient through out this entire process. He is evaluating what we have and also letting the dust settle with the portal. He is recruiting the prep scene and landed two bigs with great potential. If he lands Harris and Weston I think its a homerun. Harris gives us a combo guard who if healthy and right will make a instant impact. He gives us flexibility at the one and provides us with a backup to Bray. He is physically a dude at 22 and won't be bitched on defense. He is a defense first kid who just spent three really tough years at UNC. He will be hungry for an opportunity and is well worth the risk. Top 100 kid who is just looking for a chance. Harris and Weston would be great gets.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Exactly. Sounds "worth the risk", but I can't get excited about it with some good post injury footage.
Do you honestly think Archie isn't factoring in that this kid has had injuries? He wasn't hurt last year. He stopped playing after 14 games for personal reasons. He had a role on a stacked UNC team in the 14 games he did play so I'm going to assume he'll be able to make an impact at the A10 level.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

DevRam wrote: 1 year ago
Look at Derrick Rose. He had the absolute worst injuries possible multiple times and years later has found his way back to being a great player in the league. As long as Harris knows how to work he can still be great.
Real good example. I never thought Rose would make it back to being a top contributor like he has. Same for the player who was injured when with the Pacers and is now with the Clippers (having a brain fart and can’t remember his name). Anyway, I didn’t think he’d make it back as well as he has either.

I think, as a poster mentioned earlier, being totally committed to the rehab work is a key component.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Harris feels like the stop-gap option whereas Weston feels like the potential cornerstone of the rebuild. I want both but Weston is clearly the preference.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ACL injuries are no longer major injuries, in my opinion. Full recoveries are the norm.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Do you honestly think Archie isn't factoring in that this kid has had injuries? He wasn't hurt last year. He stopped playing after 14 games for personal reasons. He had a role on a stacked UNC team in the 14 games he did play so I'm going to assume he'll be able to make an impact at the A10 level.
I never said anything about him being a good choice or not. I just can't get personally amped without seeing post injury film, that's all. Has nothing to do with whether we should pursue. If you don't think EC's injury changed his career trajectory, I don't know what to tell you.

If everyone (mainly Arch) thinks he's an awesome choice, great, I'm happy, I'd just be happier knowing he was 100% via film....
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Why would you say "Go _____, not committed"?

Translation: "yeah, go! Do effn great things, be awesome! You were so nice to me! Love you guys!!!".

Then, in November, "who?"

Stupid. One of the silliest parts of the whole process. I think it makes the player look like a dork.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Why would you say "Go _____, not committed"?

Translation: "yeah, go! Do effn great things, be awesome! You were so nice to me! Love you guys!!!".

Stupid. One of the silliest parts of the whole process. I think it makes the player look like a dork.
Few reasons.

It’s 2022.

They’re teenagers / in their early 20’s.

Social media and self promotion is the biggest thing going nowadays.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Why would you say "Go _____, not committed"?

Few reasons.

It’s 2022.

K. Still seems tres dorky. I'd rather have people ask and not answer, and that would probably be more to their advantage. Suggest these dude read some Sun Tzu.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Few reasons.

It’s 2022.

K. Still seems tres dorky. I'd rather have people ask and not answer, and that would probably be more to their advantage. Suggest these dude read some Sun Tzu.
LOL- This is awesome... Because a kid says "Go Knights" he is a dork and needs to read Sun Tzu. Got it.
9 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago

Few reasons.

It’s 2022.

LOL- This is awesome... Because a kid says "Go Knights" he is a dork and needs to read Sun Tzu. Got it.
Not as awesome as you totally missing the point....but, some people need to be more spoonfed sometimes. I'll type slower this time..."not committed" is.... totally... dorky ...and shows... lack.... of .... consideration...of...situation ....possibilities and awareness. Better now?
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago

Not as awesome as you totally missing the point....but, some people need to be more spoonfed sometimes. I'll type slower this time..."not committed" is.... totally... dorky ...and shows... lack.... of .... consideration...of...situation ....possibilities and awareness. Better now?
Welcome to 2022. If you don’t like how kids act, don’t follow a college basketball program made up of….kids
9 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I dont begrudge these kids their social media habits - they’re allowed to be a part of their own generation and participate in whatever the specific norms are to be a part of that. I also don’t enjoy it as content and for that reason I don’t follow it and pretend it doesn’t exist.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I thought playing beer pong and drinking Keystone Light was awesome when I was 20. Pretty much every generation has its Thing that it'll look back at, 10+ years on, and cringe about. As some lady once said, let'em eat cake.
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago I thought playing beer pong and drinking Keystone Light was awesome when I was 20. Pretty much every generation has its Thing that it'll look back at, 10+ years on, and cringe about. As some lady once said, let'em eat cake.
Exactly. Once you grow up you realize flip cup is far superior to beer pong, but we're all young and dumb once
6 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The worst was every senior that had exhausted their eligibility announcing they have entered the NFL/NBA draft....Just for likes and attention!
0 x