‘22 MD G/F Louis Hutchinson (URI —> Charleston Southern)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: ‘22 MD G/F Louis Hutchinson (URI Verbal Commit)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Lou is going to be one of those cornerstone type guys that we build a championship program around...
He should play as a Fr then
He can still be a cornerstone only playing big minutes as a soph-senior
Here is where inflated expectations can cause an issue. People are overhyping what we should be this coming season, so already as fans we're prioritizing results this year over long term development. We have to realize that if a guy isn't getting minutes this year he might not be here as a sophomore through senior. To me the key is finding out who the key guys are/will be in 2023-24 and this year is the year to get them ready for the bubble season next year. With that mindset, you don't wait until next year to get Louis big minutes, if you think he's a key piece for our next tournament team you start doing it this year, short term results be damned
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
Here is where inflated expectations can cause an issue. People are overhyping what we should be this coming season, so already as fans we're prioritizing results this year over long term development. We have to realize that if a guy isn't getting minutes this year he might not be here as a sophomore through senior. To me the key is finding out who the key guys are/will be in 2023-24 and this year is the year to get them ready for the bubble season next year. With that mindset, you don't wait until next year to get Louis big minutes, if you think he's a key piece for our next tournament team you start doing it this year, short term results be damned
Agree. This is the year to show your potential. Next season will be more competitive with incoming talented freshmen and more transfers. Each year the team will be better than the year before.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
On a team next year expected to finish middle of the pack he should be playing plenty of minutes as a freshman then. EC Mathews, Jared Terrell and Jeff Dowtin all showed cornerstone ability their freshmen years
Ramster, you were at the season ticket holder event. Archie specifically said that Lou is going to be a good player, but he's not ready yet.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

On a team next year expected to finish middle of the pack he should be playing plenty of minutes as a freshman then. EC Mathews, Jared Terrell and Jeff Dowtin all showed cornerstone ability their freshmen years
Ramster, you were at the season ticket holder event. Archie specifically said that Lou is going to be a good player, but he's not ready yet.
Yes he did. And as you said he is going to be a good player. The statement by PRT is that he will be a cornerstone player. This means a caliber of EC Matthews, Jared Terrell and Jeff Dowtin. If he is to attain cornerstone caliber, then the point is he should be playing significant minutes as a freshman in a down year for the program relative to where the program is planned to move to in the coming seasons. If he is brought along slowly and seems little time his freshman year then he can be a good player, but a cornerstone player? I doubt it.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Exactly.

There was no indication from Arch that he's gonna show up and take minutes from a bunch of guys with multiple years of D1 experience.

Plenty of "cornerstone" guys need a year to fill out and adjust. Especially when you're someone like him who had all those health issues.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yes he did. And as you said he is going to be a good player. The statement by PRT is that he will be a cornerstone player. This means a caliber of EC Matthews, Jared Terrell and Jeff Dowtin. If he is to attain cornerstone caliber, then the point is he should be playing significant minutes as a freshman in a down year for the program relative to where the program is planned to move to in the coming seasons. If he is brought along slowly and seems little time his freshman year then he can be a good player, but a cornerstone player? I doubt it.
I didn't say he will be a cornerstone player.

I just don't think you have to be an immediate impact player as a freshman to be a cornerstone player.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

His minutes, I assume will be at the 3 and the 4. I think there will be a good competition to see who gets a lot of minutes at the 4. Malik starts there, probably? But who comes off the bench there? Seems it would have to be one of the youngsters which would include Lou, Rory and Samb, unless we play 4 guards, which we could because there is some good size with our guards.
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

The curve on development is not the same for each guy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he played limited minutes next year then blew up later in his career. Jamal Wilson played 5 minutes a game his freshman year. Senior he was 34 and average 16 plus. Delroy was under 10 minutes a game his freshman year and he was one of the best all around players we have had since the Baron era started. What Lou does next year means nothing for what he does over the next 4 as a whole.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody Guy wrote: 1 year ago The curve on development is not the same for each guy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he played limited minutes next year then blew up later in his career. Jamal Wilson played 5 minutes a game his freshman year. Senior he was 34 and average 16 plus. Delroy was under 10 minutes a game his freshman year and he was one of the best all around players we have had since the Baron era started. What Lou does next year means nothing for what he does over the next 4 as a whole.
Wilson only played 11 games his senior year and was kicked off the team by Jim Baron when the team record was 1-11.

https://www.golocalprov.com/sports/excl ... tball-team
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It's pretty rare for a player to log, say, less than 5 MPG as a freshman, but to then be a significant contributor or all-A10 level player on a good team by the time they're a junior or senior. There can be a lot of pining on this board at time for guys like Matthew Butler and Gregory Hammond, because the "allure" of not seeing them in games can be more appealing than the frustrating tendencies of the guys actually getting minutes. Like even guys I'd consider more as "late bloomers" like Marquis Jones were playing above that threshold as freshmen. Nicola Akele was 13 MPG.

So, yeah. If a player isn't getting *any* playing time, I'm highly pessimistic of their ability to be a contributor down the road. There's a high likelihood they transfer to a school they are going to get minutes at (understandably so) or they might just not be good enough for this level, and they're only ever a "break glass in case of emergency" player at URI. We have *so many* new players, and questionable talent among the holdovers, that not everyone is going to work out.

... Which is fine! You don't have to bat 1.000 on player evaluation, it's more about getting (roughly) two or three rotation players a year, and an all-A10 level talent every two years.
1 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

The greatest development made by any player in my memory, happened down the road at PC. I'm sure many of you remember Billy "The Kid" Donovan. As a freshman and even as a sophomore, I never thought he was a division 1 talent. I thought he was slow, awkward, and terrible. That is how much I know. He went from averaging 11 min., 2.5 ast and 3pts as a soph, to 36min., 7.1 ast and 21pts as a senior. Of course after that he was drafted and had a short NBA career and a great coaching career. We need to find out what Pitino was feeding him.
Anyway, the short answer is that kids that are focused and driven can make great improvements.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I agree, RJ, focus and drive play an important role. Donovan went through quite the transformation. Good example.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

RJRam wrote: 1 year ago The greatest development made by any player in my memory, happened down the road at PC. I'm sure many of you remember Billy "The Kid" Donovan. As a freshman and even as a sophomore, I never thought he was a division 1 talent. I thought he was slow, awkward, and terrible. That is how much I know. He went from averaging 11 min., 2.5 ast and 3pts as a soph, to 36min., 7.1 ast and 21pts as a senior. Of course after that he was drafted and had a short NBA career and a great coaching career. We need to find out what Pitino was feeding him.
Anyway, the short answer is that kids that are focused and driven can make great improvements.
Regardless of what you thought though, he played 15.9 MPG as a freshman, and started 17 games. And he had a big jump from sophomore to junior year because they changed coaches to Pitino, and played an entirely different style of basketball that suited his skill set (drastically uptempo, focus on defensive pressure).
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Tom Garrick incredible jump from inconsequential to absolute beast
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago Tom Garrick incredible jump from inconsequential to absolute beast
Started 15 games as a freshman, 22 as a sophomore. He's also another where you can see a clear reason why his production jumped - from sophomore to junior year, the coach changed from Malone to Penders. I suspect that like Donovan, it was more a matter of a better talent evaluator realizing what he had with a player, vs. Garrick suddenly getting awesome.
0 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
RJRam wrote: 1 year ago The greatest development made by any player in my memory, happened down the road at PC. I'm sure many of you remember Billy "The Kid" Donovan. As a freshman and even as a sophomore, I never thought he was a division 1 talent. I thought he was slow, awkward, and terrible. That is how much I know. He went from averaging 11 min., 2.5 ast and 3pts as a soph, to 36min., 7.1 ast and 21pts as a senior. Of course after that he was drafted and had a short NBA career and a great coaching career. We need to find out what Pitino was feeding him.
Regardless of what you thought though, he played 15.9 MPG as a freshman, and started 17 games. And he had a big jump from sophomore to junior year because they changed coaches to Pitino, and played an entirely different style of basketball that suited his skill set (drastically uptempo, focus on defensive pressure).
Just to follow up with an old quote from Donovan from 2009 in response to the question as to what do you attribute the offensive turnaround? "There were a couple of things. One of things, like anything else, when you’re young and immature, you don’t see things the way they really are. As a freshman and sophomore, I would sit there and wonder why I wasn’t playing. I let myself get out of shape. I wanted to point the finger at other people for my lack of success my first two years. The finger probably needed to be pointed back at me because I was not good enough to play and contribute and help the team. I think I was a guy who matured later in life so later in my career I got stronger, I got a little more athletic, and I got quicker."
He does go on to talk about Pitino playing an up-tempo style that he was more accustomed to playing, and instilling confidence in him.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago Tom Garrick incredible jump from inconsequential to absolute beast
Started 15 games as a freshman, 22 as a sophomore. He's also another where you can see a clear reason why his production jumped - from sophomore to junior year, the coach changed from Malone to Penders. I suspect that like Donovan, it was more a matter of a better talent evaluator realizing what he had with a player, vs. Garrick suddenly getting awesome.
He was barely recruited out of high school. He wanted to go to PC, but PC didn't want him. URI wanted him to play football. Yes, Penders definitely upped Tommy's game, but his growth was amazing.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

RJRam wrote: 1 year ago
Just to follow up with an old quote from Donovan from 2009 in response to the question as to what do you attribute the offensive turnaround? "There were a couple of things. One of things, like anything else, when you’re young and immature, you don’t see things the way they really are. As a freshman and sophomore, I would sit there and wonder why I wasn’t playing. I let myself get out of shape. I wanted to point the finger at other people for my lack of success my first two years. The finger probably needed to be pointed back at me because I was not good enough to play and contribute and help the team. I think I was a guy who matured later in life so later in my career I got stronger, I got a little more athletic, and I got quicker."
He does go on to talk about Pitino playing an up-tempo style that he was more accustomed to playing, and instilling confidence in him.
The key to Donovan's success wasn't necessarily totally the up-tempo style. After all, he's not that "long", wasn't super athletic, and wasn't quick. The "style" that led to Donvoan's success was how Pitino and PC used the 3-point shot to their advantage. They didn't have the size to compete with GTown, Syracuse, Villanova, etc. So PC was essentially the first to spread the court and use the stretch-4. Donovan, Pop Lewis, and Delray were their three guards all with the green light to shoot from deep, Kipfer a 4-man who could post and pop-out. Both Duda and Steve Wright were prototypical centers. Donovan executed perfectly for Pitino and it wasn't because he was so fast on offense and a great defender. He mastered the fundamentals and took Pitino's coaching to heart. PC wasn't the only team that played "up-tempo" (UNLV, GTown, OU). But they were one of the first to understand the power of the 3-point shot.

Garrick was a great athlete, strong, and benefited from the freedom and up-tempo play of Penders vs. Brendan Malone. Garrick meshed his athleticism with hard work to refine/polish his game and became a scorer. He also benefited mightily from playing with Silk. Silk was a true lead guard...which allowed Garrick to develop into the star he became. (Similar to MJ and Pippen. I said "similar" folks not identical, so calm down.)
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I love this kid. Hope he gets some PT as a freshman.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

That lab is soon going to be the practice facility.

😁😁😁
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great to see Sweet Lou working out @ the Ryan Center
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Really like Hutch, I think he can develop into an excellent wing for us.

2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I don’t know much about his game but he’s got a Dowtin type attitude. That’s fine with me.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Agreed, 74. Hutch sounds like a very bright young man. His intelligence, maturity, skill and athleticism should translate to smart, high level play sooner or later. Looking forward to watching him continuing his development.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I think it will take some time to develop but this kid is gonna be really good

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Pretty sweet stroke. I love this kid's potential.

1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Pretty sweet stroke. I love this kid's potential.

He does and I really like him a lot.

We will be loaded at the wing going forward with Weston plus recruit Myers.
Curious to see how this pans out.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

He does and I really like him a lot.

We will be loaded at the wing going forward with Weston plus recruit Myers.
Curious to see how this pans out.
Looks great. Archie said he would need a decent amount of time to develop, so I don't expect any impact this year. Maybe next season.

Who's going to be our wings next year? Off the top of my head, it's Weston, Myers, Hutch? Although I kind of view Myers as a four based on the tape I've watched.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow sweet stroke indeed I hope he turns into a Harrison Barnes type for uri
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Interesting comp regarding style and position.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

To me, he looks noticeably stronger. I will be rooting for this kid from day one. I hope he becomes a star.
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Based off his IG Live a couple minutes ago. Louis mentioned he can't play due to illness for two to three weeks. Which brings us to a week or two before the first game.

Based on this might see limited minutes vs Quinnipiac
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He’s sick, Bilau had surgery, Foumema was in the hospital, and Harris is academically ineligible. Not the best preseason.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago He’s sick, Bilau had surgery, Foumema was in the hospital, and Harris is academically ineligible. Not the best preseason.
Reason 5837473838 why getting overly excited about every recruit and thinking they’re going to make an instant impact just is not a smart move.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago He’s sick, Bilau had surgery, Foumema was in the hospital, and Harris is academically ineligible. Not the best preseason.
Reason 5837473838 why getting overly excited about every recruit and thinking they’re going to make an instant impact just is not a smart move.
I don't think many people thought Hutch would be an immediate impact player. He's a project with the tools to be a great wing for us in the future.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
I don't think many people thought Hutch would be an immediate impact player. He's a project with the tools to be a great wing for us in the future.

Scroll back and you’ll see posters saying he’d play right away as a freshman, be in the rotation, play plenty of minutes, and be a “cornerstone” player for us.

A cornerstone player is someone on the level of EC, Terrell, Hassan, Dowtin, Baron, etc.

Would absolutely love if he turns out like that, but it’s completely unfair to throw that around so casually.
3 x
Go Rhody
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I have a suspicion based on total speculation that they may be trying to get a medical redshirt for Lou. He hasn't played since the middle of December and conventional wisdom says it's because he can't defend. Well, Rory is not now blessed with this ability either and he continues to get PT, albeit it's limited. I think it's important to remember that Lou had mono and didn't start playing when the season began. He has played in 11 games which could be a barrier, but if he unexpectedly relapsed, that could be enough to get the redshirt. This makes much more sense to me than he can't play defense when he has proven to be a good shooter and god knows we need that.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago I have a suspicion based on total speculation that they may be trying to get a medical redshirt for Lou. He hasn't played since the middle of December and conventional wisdom says it's because he can't defend. Well, Rory is not now blessed with this ability either and he continues to get PT, albeit it's limited. I think it's important to remember that Lou had mono and didn't start playing when the season began. He has played in 11 games which could be a barrier, but if he unexpectedly relapsed, that could be enough to get the redshirt. This makes much more sense to me than he can't play defense when he has proven to be a good shooter and god knows we need that.
I think the ship already sailed on getting a medical hardship waiver.
He already played in more than 30% of the games and I believe he is participating in full practice and wouldn't be able to get a written medical excuse.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago I have a suspicion based on total speculation that they may be trying to get a medical redshirt for Lou. He hasn't played since the middle of December and conventional wisdom says it's because he can't defend. Well, Rory is not now blessed with this ability either and he continues to get PT, albeit it's limited. I think it's important to remember that Lou had mono and didn't start playing when the season began. He has played in 11 games which could be a barrier, but if he unexpectedly relapsed, that could be enough to get the redshirt. This makes much more sense to me than he can't play defense when he has proven to be a good shooter and god knows we need that.
He already played in more than 30% of the games and I believe he is participating in full practice and wouldn't be able to get a written medical excuse.
Potential redshirts can still practice. Correct? The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. You might be right. I do think they may be able get around the 30% rule because of the illness reoccuring and by the time they tested he played an extra game or two. The last two games he played 3 and 6 minutes, respectively. Makes more sense to me that they are trying to get the redshirt. He's defense can't be that bad, especially if he can shoot.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago
Potential redshirts can still practice. Correct? The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. You might be right. I do think they may be able get around the 30% rule because of the illness reoccuring and by the time they tested he played an extra game or two. The last two games he played 3 and 6 minutes, respectively. Makes more sense to me that they are trying to get the redshirt. He's defense can't be that bad, especially if he can shoot.
It doesn't make a difference even if he is only on the court for 1 minute, he still participated in a game.
Also a RS is very different than a medical hardship waiver.
If he uses it as a RS year, he can practice with the team every day but can't play in any games.
A medical waiver means he is physically unable to participate and needs proof of it.
Hutch is also activated and dressed for every game and participates in pre-game drills unlike Foumena and Bilau.

When it comes to this, the NCAA is typically very strict.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It's strange that he has 9 straight DNPs. In a season where wins and losses don't mean much, but player development means a lot, you'd think he'd at least get a short stint here and a short stint there. If there's ever a blowout, it'll be interesting to see if he gets into a game at the end.
2 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

It doesn't make a difference even if he is only on the court for 1 minute, he still participated in a game.
If he uses it as a RS year, he can practice with the team every day but can't play in any games.
A medical waiver means he is physically unable to participate and needs proof of it.
Hutch is also activated and dressed for every game and participates in pre-game drills unlike Foumena and Bilau.

Thanks for the info Jersey. That helps a lot. Good stuff. Still a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma to me.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago It's strange that he has 9 straight DNPs. In a season where wins and losses don't mean much, but player development means a lot, you'd think he'd at least get a short stint here and a short stint there. If there's ever a blowout, it'll be interesting to see if he gets into a game at the end.
It is 78, unless Archie thinks he just isn't ready or a liability.
If he doesn't get any more play, it seems like this was a wasted season for him and probably should have redshirted.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

I'm kind of fine with them being strict on this. After all, if there was some kind of weird in-game situation, Hutchinson could play, and even though I don't think he's shown a ton this year, he's still on the roster as someone that opponents have to account for when it comes to scouting and game prep.

In what we've seen of Hutchinson so far this year, there hasn't been much "there" there. He's listed as a guard on Sports Reference and a G/F on the Go Rhody roster; I think he's more of a 3 than a 2. He's actually shooting 40 percent from 3, but it's a pretty small sample size (4 for 10). He's tall (6'7") but this doesn't translate into good rebounding, steal or block rates, and as a result his PER is 5.6. (At average starter is usually around 15, an All-Conference type talent is usually 20+.) He also happens to play the one position we're kind of deep at, in that we have three average options for the 3, but he's still not seeing the court even when Archie is going small.

Carey and Martin are graduating off this team, meaning the holdover 3s will be Weston and Hutchinson, if they both stay. Dubsky and Estevez seem to be 1s, 2s or combo guards, but if they can play, you could also do things like put Ish at the 3 at times. Plus, we currently have five scholarships devoted to guys who can probably only play the 5 defensively (Samb, Foumena, Stewart, Bilau, Tchikou). It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them transfer out, and staff pursues another option for the wing instead of just going with Weston and Hutchinson.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm kind of fine with them being strict on this. After all, if there was some kind of weird in-game situation, Hutchinson could play, and even though I don't think he's shown a ton this year, he's still on the roster as someone that opponents have to account for when it comes to scouting and game prep.

In what we've seen of Hutchinson so far this year, there hasn't been much "there" there. He's listed as a guard on Sports Reference and a G/F on the Go Rhody roster; I think he's more of a 3 than a 2. He's actually shooting 40 percent from 3, but it's a pretty small sample size (4 for 10). He's tall (6'7") but this doesn't translate into good rebounding, steal or block rates, and as a result his PER is 5.6. (At average starter is usually around 15, an All-Conference type talent is usually 20+.) He also happens to play the one position we're kind of deep at, in that we have three average options for the 3, but he's still not seeing the court even when Archie is going small.

Carey and Martin are graduating off this team, meaning the holdover 3s will be Weston and Hutchinson, if they both stay. Dubsky and Estevez seem to be 1s, 2s or combo guards, but if they can play, you could also do things like put Ish at the 3 at times. Plus, we currently have five scholarships devoted to guys who can probably only play the 5 defensively (Samb, Foumena, Stewart, Bilau, Tchikou). It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them transfer out, and staff pursues another option for the wing instead of just going with Weston and Hutchinson.
Carey is a redshirt junior. Do we know for sure that he's leaving? I'm not assuming anything.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Carey is a redshirt junior. Do we know for sure that he's leaving? I'm not assuming anything.
Well 78, Archie kind of implied it prior to the season.
It would be his 6th year but who knows, he can always change his mind.
Because of the Covid season some can even get 7 years, possibly Bilau.

Actually at this point who would you prefer Carey or Ant?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

For the reasons Jersey mentions, I kind of assume he's going to either explore his pro (international) options, or maybe just not play college basketball next season. I don't know what his major is, but presumably, he's going to graduate this year or he's close to it. (Random note - Whoever is writing bios for GoRhody needs an editor or some focus, because Carey's write-up has like 500 words about random high school games and tournaments he was in, and like nothing else.)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Well 78, Archie kind of implied it prior to the season.
It would be his 6th year but who knows, he can always change his mind.
Because of the Covid season some can even get 7 years, possibly Bilau.

Actually at this point who would you prefer Carey or Ant?
Ya Archie made it seem like Malik and Carey are leaving in multiple interviews. If he actually comes I think Ant can fill that Carey role next season but I've moved on. I don't get why people are still commenting on his thread with no new news.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I wouldn't mind seeing Hutch getting some run.
He did seem like he had nice upside early on and I like his work ethic and he does well in the classroom.

I don't think he is a bad back-up plan to Weston at the wing.

But again, maybe Archie has different plans.
1 x