‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Re: ‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI Verbal Commit)

Unread post by McRam »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago I’m not sure Foumena will be ready to start in November. It’ll depend on how quickly he picks up the defense.
He does not have to be ready. Only more ready than the other players
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Saw on his IG story he was in hospital. Saying it was a little bump in the road and he is going to get better.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

D10B86DE-0F5B-4E58-8597-1BD5BD38CE33.jpeg
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I hope that’s all it is. Heart issue?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

That doesn’t look good. Hope he’s alright.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Feel better Jeremy. We are all thinking of you, my friend!
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Not sure what the issue is but here's to a complete and speedy recovery!
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Feel better Jeremy!
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Anybody know what the current status of Jeremy is?
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I guess nobody knows what is going on. This is like Belichick with the Cam Jones injury.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago I guess nobody knows what is going on. This is like Belichick with the Cam Jones injury.
These are college kids. It could have been something like an irregular heartbeat. Not everything needs to be put out into the public by a team official.
2 x
Go Rhody
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago I guess nobody knows what is going on. This is like Belichick with the Cam Jones injury.
These are college kids. It could have been something like an irregular heartbeat. Not everything needs to be put out into the public by a team official.
It seemed something like that. Looked more serious from his IG story initially. But I did see him taking part in the photo shoots with the new uniforms. He was even dunking during the photo shoot for the camera guy.

The first picture seemed serious but not going to speculate what it was. But based on his most recent IG stories seems like it he will be okay.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

True but he’s the one who put it out there on IG.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago
True but he’s the one who put it out there on IG.

That does not mean whatsoever the team has to.

Jalen Carey totaled his car last year and posted about it, does that mean the team should’ve made an announcement that Jalen was ok after suffering a single car accident?
2 x
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It's still the preseason, so I'm not sure how much of an active eye is on the team. Koch is still covering the Red Sox, for example, and Will is probably more focused on URI football and high school sports. Your best bet would probably be to ask one of them to ask Archie about it, next time there is some kind of media availability. Or, just ask Jeremy on social media yourself. A team preview probably isn't going to come out until mid to late October.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Irregular Heartbeat Hmmmmm ??? Does everyone remember Hank Gathers from Loyola Marymount.
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Jeremy practicing. Good news.

5 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

NO DOUBT !
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

He looks like a big presence in the post. Big wing span and wide base. Another player I am looking forward to watching play.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago

Irregular Heartbeat Hmmmmm ??? Does everyone remember Hank Gathers from Loyola Marymount.

Jesus dude take it easy.
2 x
Go Rhody
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago These are college kids. It could have been something like an irregular heartbeat. Not everything needs to be put out into the public by a team official.

Jesus dude take it easy.
, Yep, Think I misread Eli's comment- read it as minimizing an irregular heartbeat- struck home with me since I was at the Hank Gathers final game and still remember it vividly and still gives me chills!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The guys call him 'Fou' (or Foo). So, when Jeremy makes a play, the cheer will be Fooooooooo!!!
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Foumena won't be playing this year. Red shirt.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Ramfan22
ARD

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Foumena won't be playing this year. Red shirt.
Oh wow
0 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Heart issue? This team will definitely have to play through some adversity…
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago Heart issue? This team will definitely have to play through some adversity…
Have to think it’s related to this unfortunately
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago Heart issue? This team will definitely have to play through some adversity…
Where did you get this from? If it was from this:
then that’s a problem. Really irresponsible.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago
Where did you get this from? If it was from this:
then that’s a problem. Really irresponsible.
Irresponsible?? I’m asking a question. Notice the question mark. Heard various people mention it, so asking the forum. Chill brother…

Wishing the best for this kid. Hope it’s nothing serious.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Mother of god they’re dropping like flys.
0 x
GO RAMS
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

If he’s just behind based on a late arrival and a health matter of some sort (which has been noted, including pictures from Jeremy himself), then a redshirt makes sense. I hope it’s just a delay to his college basketball career rather than something more serious.

A “scheduled” redshirt year can make a lot of sense- guys can be on their own developmental plan, with a goal of just getting better and not worrying about game time. It’s like how transfers used to be handled before immediate eligibility.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ace wrote: 1 year ago If he’s just behind based on a late arrival and a health matter of some sort (which has been noted, including pictures from Jeremy himself), then a redshirt makes sense. I hope it’s just a delay to his college basketball career rather than something more serious.

A “scheduled” redshirt year can make a lot of sense- guys can be on their own developmental plan, with a goal of just getting better and not worrying about game time. It’s like how transfers used to be handled before immediate eligibility.
Yes, redshirting makes a lot of sense for him, and hoping that is the extent of it.

Unfortunately, that leaves us with a big depth problem.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
ace wrote: 1 year ago If he’s just behind based on a late arrival and a health matter of some sort (which has been noted, including pictures from Jeremy himself), then a redshirt makes sense. I hope it’s just a delay to his college basketball career rather than something more serious.

Yes, redshirting makes a lot of sense for him, and hoping that is the extent of it.

But, the report did say that he is redshirting due to 'personal issues'.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah, that makes it seem like it definitely wasn’t the plan. Still, there’s a lot of good that can come from it if everyone knows where they stand as they go through the season. Not sure if Archie’s going to love this info coming from a source other than the team, though.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

ace wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah, that makes it seem like it definitely wasn’t the plan. Still, there’s a lot of good that can come from it if everyone knows where they stand as they go through the season. Not sure if Archie’s going to love this info coming from a source other than the team, though.
Ace: it's not the job of a Podcaster, blogger or journalist to keep information private until the staff wants it announced. Not sure where you got that idea.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago

Ace: it's not the job of a Podcaster, blogger or journalist to keep information private until the staff wants it announced. Not sure where you got that idea.
That’s really what you took from my comment? I didn’t mention anywhere in that comment the job responsibilities of those people. I don’t have that idea, that’s why I didn’t say it.

I was merely commenting on how much of a control freak most coaches are and that they usually try very hard to control the flow of information. Can’t see how that’s something with which to argue.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 year ago

That’s really what you took from my comment? I didn’t mention anywhere in that comment the job responsibilities of those people. I don’t have that idea, that’s why I didn’t say it.

I was merely commenting on how much of a control freak most coaches are and that they usually try very hard to control the flow of information. Can’t see how that’s something with which to argue.
Ace is probably correct since Foumena has now deleted his comment on Twitter about it. My guess is the coaching staff saw him tweet about it and asked him to take it down until we have an official announcement.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

My apologies if I read something into that comment that wasn't there.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Man I can't wait for this season to start so I can enjoy our players making news on the court instead of more unfortunate news off the court.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Is this actually official?
0 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Is this actually official?
Are you referring to the discussion regarding him redshirting?

I don't think Archie has actually made any official announcement.

That may be the current plan, but remember they can pull his redshirt at any time and activate him.

If they are doing this as a precaution for a medical condition, that can be a little concerning.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Is this actually official?
Are you referring to the discussion regarding him redshirting?

I don't think Archie has actually made any official announcement.

That may be the current plan, but remember they can pull his redshirt at any time and activate him.

If they are doing this as a precaution for a medical condition, that can be a little concerning.
Correct, I haven't seen anything official.
0 x
GO RAMS
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Did anyone see Foumena's announcement on Instagram yesterday after the loss?

It appears that he signed with a Sports Agent "Disruptive Sports" agency.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago Did anyone see Foumena's announcement on Instagram yesterday after the loss?

It appears that he signed with a Sports Agent "Disruptive Sports" agency.
Looks like a couple of Pats players are with them, including Kendick Bourne.
0 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 47942.html

Kendrick Bourne is a client of this agency. But see link above, this is more likely what Foumena is using them for. I would not doubt at all that they look for NIL deal and they take a percentage of that. Spitballing here and I am not sure Foumena would command much but we are in a pay for play era plain and simple. Do not care what anybody else calls it, that is it what it is. Unless he plans of signing with an international team, which this agency seems does not seem to have any particular strength in, that is what I see. They also provide funding for a percentage of future earnings. Interesting that all of these business concepts that have been around forever are now coming to college sports. Fun times, not.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big Fou coming back to URI or putting name in the portal ?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 month ago Big Fou coming back to URI or putting name in the portal ?
I don't see him coming back.
0 x