‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI ---> ??? )

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: ‘22 France F Jeremy Foumena (URI Verbal Commit)

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Bray is without question an impact transfer.
Yeah I knew someone would say that.

All freshman A-10 is nice. He'll be good.

Not on Femi's level.
It's nice? Who was the last All A10 freshman we had? Jeff Dowtin? How did he turn out?

Bray had a better freshman season than Femi had at Pitt...He also looked fantastic to end the season so I don't believe for a second that he's not on Femi's level. I think they are both great players.
Yeah I know he could be our best guard, but we need multiple impactf transfers. Femi is a P5 level wing player and there's not a lot of them in the A-10.

We probably needed both to make noise right away.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

SandorClegane wrote: 1 year ago I know this is a Foumena topic, but I think one of the benefits to the returning players is not so much coaching but the different game scheme. The reality is that we had a team of slashers, while playing a post/kick out offense. If our shooters were hitting 3s (and we didn’t at a high %) then we weren’t going to win games. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Archie seems like he plays more of a high paced offensive strategy. Hopefully that benefits both the new and old players.
Exactly. And bringing it back to Foumena - that's why I think he'll be successful. He's EXACTLY the type of big man you need in Archie's system.

Archie didn't go and get the best or highest rated players. He targeted guys he knew were going to be able to grow, learn, and excel in his system.

The last coach cobbled together a team of random parts - anyone who was an athlete, or had a high ranking like the twins.

Archie isn't targeting "everyone" - he has specific needs for specific positions. He wants shooters, and players who can run a transition offense.

Foumena will be the perfect anchor for this system. Quick enough to not need to stay under the hoop and stay on the pack line. Big enough to make a difference when in the post. Skilled enough to allow spacing in the halfcourt and looks like he can develop a 10-15 footer.

Since Archie knows what he's doing, I'm not concerned about what schools are looking at a certain player. I know he knows what he's doing and if he sees a skill set he can blend with our team to be successful, I want him.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ramfansince58 »

Should recruit red (26). Best player on the floor. Rory looks lost.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

In contrast to most of the prospects we've had in the past, man, there is a ton of full-game footage video for Foumena and Stewart's team:

https://www.youtube.com/c/OrangevillePr ... &flow=grid

Unfortunately, most of their game results don't have box scores or stats. Foumena's "season stats" consist of 5 games, even though they played 14 or 15. Foumena averaged 23.0 PPG, 13.2 RPG and shot 60 percent, which is what you'd hope for an almost-seven footer in high school / prep league, but obviously he's not going to post those numbers in college.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramfansince58 wrote: 1 year ago
Should recruit red (26). Best player on the floor. Rory looks lost.
I'm assuming Archie is not going to decide based on one game. If you watched other games, Rory looks great.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

What is the purpose of posting a video of committed recruits getting outplayed and losing by a large margin to another high school team?
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

You posted it, you tell us what your purpose was.
0 x
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

It was first posted by steveystuds06 » 3 days ago. I commented on his post. Pay attention please.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramfansince58 wrote: 1 year ago It was first posted by steveystuds06 » 3 days ago. I commented on his post. Pay attention please.
Huh? Your post sure makes it look like you posted it, not commenting on someone else's post...
Screenshot 2022-05-12 140001.jpg
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

Please go back to page 2 of this thread and you will see the first post by steveystuds06. I copied his post and made a comment on it. Why do the Steve's on this board have a problem following the thread.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramfansince58 wrote: 1 year ago Please go back to page 2 of this thread and you will see the first post by steveystuds06. I copied his post and made a comment on it. Why do the Steve's on this board have a problem following the thread.
Maybe because you didn't properly quote the video when you replied to it in the first place...
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ramfansince58 wrote: 1 year ago What is the purpose of posting a video of committed recruits getting outplayed and losing by a large margin to another high school team?
You didn't reply to my post. Instead, you posted the same video and commented.

Do you realize this thread is about Foumena, not Rory? He gets an excellent offensive rebound, scores an and 1, blocks a shot and hits a pretty corner jumper in the first 2 minutes of the game... I thought he played well...I posted the video saying Foumeana is a beast down low. I didn't think I brought up Rory but if I did who cares. The game that I thought Rory played well I posted in his thread yesterday. I could give a shit about the score. I'm watching recruits to see how they play... Instead of a highlight reel that only shows the good things, I'd much rather watch our players in real games.
Last edited by steveystuds06 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

🍿🍿🍿
2 x
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

"Low the hi low game between him and Rory"... steveystuds06. Your comment on the post.
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

is this 72s new account or something?
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ramfansince58 wrote: 1 year ago "Low the hi low game between him and Rory"... steveystuds06. Your comment on the post.
I do like the hi low game between him and Rory, so I probably did say that. I feel like they play well together. I've posted a handful of videos about Foumena and Rory, and I'm not going back to find what my comment was for each one. I know I said something about Foumena playing well in that game somewhere. I explained to you why I posted that. I like the watch our players in real games. My question is, why does it matter to you? If you don't like the video, then don't watch it.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

I have been a staunch URI fan since the 50's. Three sons graduated from Rhody and one is in the URI Athletic Hall of Fame.
I didn't like the video and gave an honest opinion. I won't watch it again. You act like i called your kids ugly. It is too bad this board has so many homers.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Am I in the twilight zone?
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ramfansince58 wrote: 1 year ago It was first posted by steveystuds06 » 3 days ago. I commented on his post. Pay attention please.
If you're going to be a condescending dick you need to make sure you're definitely right. Also, please learn how posting on the site works.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

🍿🍿🍿🍿
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Why can’t we be friends…

Oh shoot … singing is BANNED

but singing is joyous …. No ?!!

It brings joy to the world

Oh damn .. there I go again

There I go again on my own

Going down the only road I’ve ever known

Come on - you cant ban whitesnake can you ?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Orangeburg Prep ((Ontario) played against Mount Zion Prep from Maryland and NBA Academy (Global) in the National Prep Invitational at Rhode Island College back in the first week of February.

I have attended this well organized Tournament in the past but was unable to attend this year.

This was from On3 following the Mount Zion prep game.

Jeremy Foumena

Foumena took on a pair of high major 7-footers on day one of NPSI and walked away with 26 points and 15 rebounds. At 6-foot-11, there is not much more you can say about the Orangeville (CAN) Prep center. He has long arms and a go-get-it mindset around the rim.

Foumena plays with a great motor, showing touch from 15-feet today. He recently took his first official visit to USF and also carries a Georgetown offer. A couple of other schools trying to get involved and he showed today why he was getting the high major love. Look for Foumena to be in the conversation to enter the rankings during our next update.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Sweet!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Orangeburg Prep ((Ontario) played against Mount Zion Prep from Maryland and NBA Academy (Global) in the National Prep Invitational at Rhode Island College back in the first week of February.

I have attended this well organized Tournament in the past but was unable to attend this year.

This was from On3 following the Mount Zion prep game.

Jeremy Foumena

Foumena took on a pair of high major 7-footers on day one of NPSI and walked away with 26 points and 15 rebounds. At 6-foot-11, there is not much more you can say about the Orangeville (CAN) Prep center. He has long arms and a go-get-it mindset around the rim.

Foumena plays with a great motor, showing touch from 15-feet today. He recently took his first official visit to USF and also carries a Georgetown offer. A couple of other schools trying to get involved and he showed today why he was getting the high major love. Look for Foumena to be in the conversation to enter the rankings during our next update.
Got a feeling this kid going to be a good one for us
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Really looking forward to watching him play and develop, even if there are growing pains initially.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Really psyched to watch this kid play.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago Really looking forward to watching him play and develop, even if there are growing pains initially.
Growing pains? you mean he is still going to grow!? he's already almost 7 feet tall!

(this is sarcasm)

With that heigh, if he can be mobile and has half the touch people are saying, then he will certainly be a key piece for us the next few years (hopefully 4).
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Section104 made a very compelling comparison, in the Roster thread (I think), between Osunniyi and Foumena. I looked up a quick scout on Osun from HS/prep yr. and it is interesting: Osun played on winning teams, played well in big games, had okay season averages, was ranked 18th in New England his prep year at Putnam, iirc.

Both players look to be similar in skill level, body type and reach from what I could find (keeping in mind I didn’t perform a deep dive).

I do like this comp by 104 and I am looking forward to see how it plays out over time.

I thought 104,s comp take would get lost in the other thread and therefore, felt it was worth mentioning here. Thanks, 104.
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’m not sure Foumena will be ready to start in November. It’ll depend on how quickly he picks up the defense.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Archie Miller - "Long term, he is somebody we look at as a major difference maker who can be one of the better frontcourt players in the country."

NO DOUBT !
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago Archie Miller - "Long term, he is somebody we look at as a major difference maker who can be one of the better frontcourt players in the country."

NO DOUBT !
I read that,ECR. I am trying to contain my excitement. That quote and the other quotes from Archie on the players are making it difficult for me stay grounded.

Pass the limoncello. I’ll take a sip but, I’m not singing yet. :D
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow if he can be on a level with OO or similar we going to be in for a heckova ride
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jeremy Foumena
C | Fr.
6-11 | 235
Montreal, Canada | Orangeville Prep
One of two freshmen coming by way of coach Tony McIntyre's Orangeville Prep program in the Toronto area, Foumena chose Rhode Island while also holding offers from UCF and Georgetown. Other programs that looked at him included Oklahoma, Indiana, Marquette and Xavier. He is 6-11 with a 7-3 wingspan. With two uncles who played professionally in France, Foumena has strong bloodlines in the game. With a competitive and aggressive approach on both ends of the floor, this is a high-impact front court addition.

Archie Miller on Jeremy Foumena
"Jeremy brings in tremendous size and length at 6-11 with more than a seven-foot wingspan. He has great speed and agility for a big guy. He can run the floor well and fits into an up-and-down style. As he evolves, he has the skill level to really shoot the ball, and he can put the ball down well for a big guy. Long term, he is somebody we look at as a major difference maker who can be one of the better frontcourt players in the country."
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

That last sentence above stands out. Lofty expectations from the HC. He must know/see something with this young man that is special. Coach ‘em up, Arch!

Can’t wait for the season to start and begin the climb back to relevance.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

But notice he started with “long term” which, seems to me, he’s still got some learn in’ to do before he starts.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Saw that. I am okay with it. I’ll enjoy the ride as patiently as possible. :D
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Isn't he a freshman big? It takes time.
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

What was Archie's line again? "When we are good, we are going to be really good."
The leash is long with the project prospects now. Bring them in and lets get "really good" in a year or two. I can hold out with limited bigs for a year or two since we seem to have some really good pieces for the back court.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Per his IG he was on campus yesterday.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

There were a lot of gatherings and parties on campus last night. Place to be for students. Will be much more fun for sure than the past two years.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

What about Ant?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
What about Ant?
I don’t know. I know people said I was overreacting but I’m still worried about his status. Let’s hope he’s here this week!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
What about Ant?
I don’t know. I know people said I was overreacting but I’m still worried about his status. Let’s hope he’s here this week!
I thought Archie was following him on twitter (as he does all of his players), He doesn't now.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I get the vibe, Ant is not coming
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Can confirm, just saw him
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING