2022 Football Game 3 - URI vs. Delaware, Sat. Sept 17, 1 p.m.

All things Rhody Rams football.
ramster
Frank Keaney

2022 Football Game 3 - URI vs. Delaware, Sat. Sept 17, 1 p.m.

Unread post by ramster »

Delaware finished last season (3-5) in CAA and (5-6) Overall

Delaware is traditionally one of the power teams in the CAA Conference and often Nationally Ranked in the FCS Top 25
Last edited by SGreenwell 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed date formatting.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: GM 3 Football vs Delaware Time 1pm Saturday Sept 17 2022

Unread post by ramster »

Suggest getting tickets soon for this big game

Elon on October 15th (Family Weekend) is already sold out as of July 7th - more than 3 months prior to the game.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This game just became bigger with Rhody's 35-14 win at Stony Brook tonight. Delaware plays Navy and Delaware State before they play URI on Sept 17th.

Should sellout quickly
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not many tickets left.
A1965243-4B50-476B-A6BE-5C22AD97C1D6.png
1 x
Bartoburger
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Bartoburger »

Any chance URI releases more tickets for the sold-out games? As the capacity right now seems fairly subjective. Seems this is a state fire marshal issue when it comes down to it. URI has to strike the iron while it is hot.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Bartoburger wrote: 1 year ago Any chance URI releases more tickets for the sold-out games? As the capacity right now seems fairly subjective. Seems this is a state fire marshal issue when it comes down to it. URI has to strike the iron while it is hot.
There was talk that more tickets to Homecoming could be released at some point, but now that season tickets have sold out since then I'm sure that's off the table. If a game is sold out at this point don't expect more tickets to be released.

I wouldn't say the capacity is subjective and it's a state fire marshal issue. The issue is part of the structure, for various reasons, isn't safe. The last I heard, the reason for the top of East to be tarped off last year was there was no rear exit for people in that part of the stadium. Unless we've built some kind of new staircases up there I wouldn't expect to see those seats used this year either.

When it comes to striking while the iron is hot it's not about maximizing attendance for this or any other game this year, it's about selling out what we have and convincing state leaders to get an East replacement done asap. This is an election year, maybe when a candidate asks for your vote, you ask them to get a refurbished Meade passed. If we can give a soccer stadium to private developers we can take care of a state owned football and lacrosse venue!
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Delaware beat Navy!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago Delaware beat Navy!
Wow shocker !!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago Delaware beat Navy!
Wow shocker !!
Delaware was +13, won by 7
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Re: 2022 Football Game 3 - URI vs. Delaware, Sat. Sept 17, 1 p.m.

Unread post by Rhodysk »

This is such a huge game for week 3! Great opportunity to really make a statement and make non believers believe.
Sold out crowd and on crappy flosports.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

URI has gone from tied for 20th in the coaches poll to 14th. Delaware has gone from 13th to 10th.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

And in the STATS poll Delaware has gone from 10th to 9th and we have gone from 22nd to 17th.

#9/10 Delaware at #14/17 Rhode Island at 1 pm on Saturday. Sounds like fun to me. It would be really nice if we could sell this one out
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I believe the STATS poll is the preferred poll that is used for FCS, equivalent to the AP for FBS along with basketball.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Eight CAA Football Teams Either Ranked Or Getting Votes In Latest FCS Top 25 Polls

Bookmark and Share 9/12/2022 2:20:24 PM
Rob Washburn
RICHMOND, Va. (September 12, 2022) – Eight of CAA Football’s 13 teams were either ranked or receiving votes in the latest FCS Top 25 polls that were released on Monday.

A season-high five CAA squads were voted into the Stats Perform Top 25, while four squads remained ranked in the AFCA Coaches Top 25.

Villanova (2-0) was ranked No. 5 by the AFCA and No. 7 by Stats Perform. The Wildcats, who are coming off a 38-21 victory at LIU, travel to Army West Point this Saturday.

Delaware (2-0) continued its climb up the polls, coming in at No. 9 in the Stats poll and No. 10 in the AFCA poll. The Blue Hens, who topped Delaware State 35-9 last week, open CAA play at nationally ranked Rhode Island on Saturday.

William & Mary (2-0) vaulted to No. 15 in the Stats poll and No. 17 in the AFCA poll. The Tribe, which beat Campbell 37-21 last Saturday, visit Lafayette this week.

Rhode Island (2-0) moved up to No. 14 in the AFCA rankings and No. 17 in the Stats rankings. The Rams, who downed in-state foe Bryant 35-21 last Saturday, entertains nationally ranked Delaware on Saturday.

New Hampshire (2-0) earned a spot in the poll for the first time this season, coming in at No. 25 by Stats Perform and received votes in the AFCA rankings. The Wildcats, which earned a 28-23 CAA win at UAlbany last week, hosts North Carolina Central on Saturday.

Richmond (1-1) and Elon (1-1) were among others receiving votes in both polls, and Towson (2-0) picked up votes in the AFCA poll.

CAA Football’s five ranked teams in the Stats Perform poll matched the Big Sky for the most of any conference. The CAA, Big Sky and Missouri Valley each had eight teams either ranked or receiving votes.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Does anyone find it odd that this is the fourth straight year we host Delaware?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Delaware Football Message Board - Rhode Island Game

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic. ... 1&start=15
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Delaware Head Coach Teleconference Audio regarding the upcoming URI Game Saturday

https://static.caasports.com/custompage ... _Carty.mp3
0 x
sectionj
Jim Eitner

Unread post by sectionj »

The UD defense has been fairly stout although neither of our past opponents has been much of a test. That was the worst Navy team I've seen in decades, they will be lucky to win 2 games. Our offensive line is a work in progress, that is the kindest way to say it. DSU chased poor Nolan all over the field and they ain't the 85 Bears. While our punter is talented our special teams overall are not very good. Some of Carty's play calling has been suspect but that may be a hedge against a subpar field goal kicker. Nolan is special and can make lots of plays with his legs, we are hoping he is still healthy come playoff time. Look for #33 & #29 on defense, they bring the wood.

Always enjoy making the trip up to your part of the world at this time of year but my kids' best friend had the audacity to get married this weekend :lol:
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jim Donaldson
@JimDonaldsonJr
Big game in Kingston on Saturday as #14
@RhodyFootball hosts #10 @Delaware_FB. Blue Hens opened the season with a win @NavyFB.
Tough test for the Rams. Great to see Rhody once again playing this well.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No Re-Entry
For the 2022 season stadium re-entry will no longer be allowed. This policy is in line with 99 percent of college venues in the country including CAA schools.

https://gorhody.com/news/2022/9/12/fan- ... eason.aspx
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Jim Donaldson
@JimDonaldsonJr
@RhodyFootball hosts #10 @Delaware_FB. Blue Hens opened the season with a win @NavyFB.
Screw Jim Donaldson. He couldn't find Kingston on a map if you spotted him Wakefield and Narragansett.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I understand what you're saying PMMM, but at the same time he's probably speaking to a lot of people that feel similar to him and so that's good press with people we need good press with
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Unfortunately cannot make this game Saturday. Prior obligation.

I have two seats in Section 9, Row H. Would hate to see them go unused. Message me if there is any interest.

Go Rhody!
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Jim Donaldson
@JimDonaldsonJr
Screw Jim Donaldson. He couldn't find Kingston on a map if you spotted him Wakefield and Narragansett.
I have always thought you want to bad mouth uri and basketball and football programs then you get no press pass.
Him and friar frank should not be given Courtside passes or sideline press passes.
They can send someone else.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Donaldson only tweets He is retired as a journalist
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramulous wrote: 1 year ago Donaldson only tweets He is retired as a journalist
Jim Donaldson retired September 17, 2016 after 38 years at The Providence Journal. He wrote a very nice article about Bill Reynolds’s when he retired from the ProJo.
Donaldson stays active with twitter especially with golf, local college sports and anything Notre Dame.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Game notes are out:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gorhody.com/do ... laware.pdf

Still no Kevin Brown on the two deep. Starting left guard Adam McKanna, who left with a leg injury and was on crutches is not on the two deep for this one. Harrison Leonard, the Notre Dame transfer kicker, has been moved up to the top kicker spot. Gabe Salomons is no longer listed on the two deep, replaced at starting linebacker by conference rookie of the week AJ Pena
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago Game notes are out:

Still no Kevin Brown on the two deep. Starting left guard Adam McKanna, who left with a leg injury and was on crutches is not on the two deep for this one. Harrison Leonard, the Notre Dame transfer kicker, has been moved up to the top kicker spot. Gabe Salomons is no longer listed on the two deep, replaced at starting linebacker by conference rookie of the week AJ Pena
Thanks for the insight... At this point do you replace either of our two headed monster at running back with Kevin Brown? If heatlhy, and everything is good, I would think you'd maybe work him in here and there until comfortable. Both running backs have had their moments so far.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Adam walked by me at the game, I think I heard him say his leg was broken. Looked bad.
0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Bos8 wrote: 1 year ago

Thanks for the insight... At this point do you replace either of our two headed monster at running back with Kevin Brown? If heatlhy, and everything is good, I would think you'd maybe work him in here and there until comfortable. Both running backs have had their moments so far.
We've got three guys averaging over six yards a carry, so that give you the luxury of not rushing Brown back depending on the situation, but I'd be surprised if when he's back he's not one of your top two options. That's a long way of saying, yes, I would insert Brown if and when he's ready to come back. Also, he in theory should have fresh legs and not be beat up, so him coming back and being able to take some of the load off the other backs should be nothing but positive
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

We've got three guys averaging over six yards a carry, so that give you the luxury of not rushing Brown back depending on the situation, but I'd be surprised if when he's back he's not one of your top two options. That's a long way of saying, yes, I would insert Brown if and when he's ready to come back. Also, he in theory should have fresh legs and not be beat up, so him coming back and being able to take some of the load off the other backs should be nothing but positive
I must've missed what happened to Brown.

Still hurt from last year? Or a new issue?
0 x
Go Rhody
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

The line is out the door at the bookstore for Touchdown Tuesday. I try to go when they max out the 25%.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

I must've missed what happened to Brown.

Still hurt from last year? Or a new issue?
I've heard injury and I've heard personal issues. I've heard 2-3 games (this game being the end of the timeline), I've heard at least a half season but could last the whole season, and I've heard we might have to move on from him
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jaylen Smith was strong last season, improving later in the season and has been very good this season at RB.

Marques DeShields has been great in his 1st two games since transferring from St Francis this year. He Runs and catches the ball very well. DeShields came over from St Francis this season with Kahtero Summers who is a very talented Wide Receiver.

Don’t expect Kevin Brown back for til mid season.

We are fine with Smith and DeShields.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The Blue Hens have become quite accustomed to visiting Meade Stadium in Kingston, Rhode Island, where they’ll be playing for the fourth straight season on Saturday.
Liam Trainer’s familiarity goes a little deeper and, no doubt, fuels his desire in the matchup of Top 25 FCS teams.
Trainer’s dad, Joe, was Rhode Island’s head coach from 2009 through 2013. Liam and his brother and fellow Delaware linebacker Dillon were in the stands when the Rams handed Delaware a 38-34 defeat at Meade in 2011 that helped cost the Blue Hens an NCAA playoff berth that season.
Delaware's Liam Trainer moves for Delaware State quarterback Jared Lewis in the second quarter at Delaware Stadium, Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022.
Now Liam is a UD captain and starter who has become a key cog in a unit that has started strong, allowing just two touchdowns in wins over Navy 14-7 and Delaware State 35-9 to start the season.
He also realizes No. 9-ranked Delaware has a significant challenge looming against No. 17 Rhode Island (2-0) in the 1 p.m. showdown, which is the Hens’ Colonial Athletic Association opener.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sp ... 998549007/
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Looks like a pretty good game this weekend. You only find out how good you really are when you play great teams. Here is a prime opportunity for URI. Go Rams!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Not complaining but, how could it be possible that Delaware is coming to Kingston for the fourth year in a row?

Like what kind of backwards scheduling is this? I mean, good for us, but how it doesn't alternate home and home is very odd.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I haven’t seen a line yet. They do have them for fcs, right?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Difficult to find odds this year for FCS games, unlike past years
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think a lot of books put those games out on the day of the game
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago I think a lot of books put those games out on the day of the game
True for this year so far, Reef, but in last years the odds were available earlier. Not sure why odds are so late coming out this season.

Fanduel and action network today have URI favored by 2.5 points

https://sportsbook.fanduel.com/football ... d-31756533

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf-gam ... 022/129267
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Go RAMS
0 x
GO RAMS
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

Today's URI-Delaware football game will be broadcast on Cox channel 4 (Yurview New England)
at 1:00pm live from Meade Stadium.

0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I don’t see an anchor?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

If there’s one common theme, it feels like every time there’s a broken play defensively, an athletic QB kills us.

For years.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago If there’s one common theme, it feels like every time there’s a broken play defensively, an athletic QB kills us.

For years.
Yeah really bad matchup

We only beat them last year because that guy was hurt.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

They catch the ball, we don’t.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Is it gonna be like last year where everytime we play a decent team we get murdered?
0 x