'20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri ---> Austin Peay ---> Siena)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: '20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri > ???)

Unread post by TruePoint »

I feel like since there weren’t any posts in this thread for nearly a full 24 hours (!!!), people are like “oh I guess this one is over” which is such a perfect crystallization of Recruiting Brain to me.

With our visit with him scheduled for later this week, no news is good news for us at this point. For Sean’s recruitment and basically for things with this program as a whole right now, try to have just a little patience and see where things fall out. My bold prediction is that things will be OK and we’ll have a roster with more than 6 guys on it when the season starts and that the team will be better - or at least better to watch - than last year.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago I feel like since there weren’t any posts in this thread for nearly a full 24 hours (!!!), people are like “oh I guess this one is over” which is such a perfect crystallization of Recruiting Brain to me.

With our visit with him scheduled for later this week, no news is good news for us at this point. For Sean’s recruitment and basically for things with this program as a whole right now, try to have just a little patience and see where things fall out. My bold prediction is that things will be OK and we’ll have a roster with more than 6 guys on it when the season starts and that the team will be better - or at least better to watch - than last year.
The best is when people think we’re out of it because his Instagram story of him in our jersey is no longer there, which is solely because Instagram stories automatically delete after 24 hours.
3 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

He's in NY which is where his family lives. If anything that's a very good sign for us.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago I feel like since there weren’t any posts in this thread for nearly a full 24 hours (!!!), people are like “oh I guess this one is over” which is such a perfect crystallization of Recruiting Brain to me.

The best is when people think we’re out of it because his Instagram story of him in our jersey is no longer there, which is solely because Instagram stories automatically delete after 24 hours.
I never said we were out of it. Is there a post you are referring to 15?

My prediction is that either Sean or Femi commit to URI by the end of this week. I would say that is leaning more towards Sean right now than Femi.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not you in particular, just people not understanding how social media works and interpreting it as a negative for him coming and saying he’s “playing games” when in reality the post literally disappears forever after 24 hours.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago

I never said we were out of it. Is there a post you are referring to 15?

My prediction is that either Sean or Femi commit to URI by the end of this week. I would say that is leaning more towards Sean right now than Femi.
Really hopeful for 1 of those 2 if not I will be very salty
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

He just posted a IG story from North Providence. Looks like a hotel.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago He just posted a IG story from North Providence. Looks like a hotel.
Bryant? Or just visiting some friends. Doesn’t look dressed for a visit.
0 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

I don't know of any hotels in North Providence, Smithfield near Fidelity and Bryant but I can't think of any in North Providence
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago He just posted a IG story from North Providence. Looks like a hotel.
Bryant? Or just visiting some friends. Doesn’t look dressed for a visit.
Maybe he's visiting Ed Cooley
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

79RhodyFan wrote: 2 years ago I don't know of any hotels in North Providence, Smithfield near Fidelity and Bryant but I can't think of any in North Providence
There are four hotels close to the Bryant campus including two newer ones. Fwiw.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

He must be in Providence
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

While GPS is generally good, it's not uncommon for it to be "off" on cell phones from time to time. The Houston metro area has a bunch of different suburbs, so it's not unusual for them to think I'm in Cypress or Fulshear, when I'm actually home in Katy. I imagine there are similar issues in Providence and Boston, for two East Coast examples. (And that being said - Isn't NP slowly gentrifying? Wouldn't surprise me if there are some decent B&Bs there. Last time I went, there was a new Washington Trust and a Providence Bagel Company.)
0 x
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

I hate being this guy, but I travel a lot. He has one of those "zero germ" remotes. I've seen those extensively at best western properties. If you look up best western post road, the rooms look identical to what's in Sean's picture. Including the picture he has in the background. Like I said, I absolutely hate being this guy, but I'd assume he's at the best western on post road which means he probably just flew in or its saved from when he visited before.

I figured you'd guys would get a kick out of it. 🤣
4 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

This is getting “stalkerish”.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago This is getting “stalkerish”.
creepy
0 x
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Oh I agree with you guys. 100 percent. I don't like me either. But it took me 30 seconds and my own travel knowledge to find out he's probably not at PC or Bryant. You're welcome.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElbertC2020 wrote: 2 years ago Oh I agree with you guys. 100 percent. I don't like me either. But it took me 30 seconds and my own travel knowledge to find out he's probably not at PC or Bryant. You're welcome.
Not directed at you, but common sense could’ve told us he wasn’t at Bryant or PC either.

Getting very stalker-ish like was said before.
0 x
Go Rhody
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

URI can't pay for 2 visits. So they paid for his hotel in Newport for the first visit but this one is on him, thus not Newport.
6 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago URI can't pay for 2 visits. So they paid for his hotel in Newport for the first visit but this one is on him, thus not Newport.
I thought we were visiting him?
2 x
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

ElbertC2020 wrote: 2 years ago Oh I agree with you guys. 100 percent. I don't like me either. But it took me 30 seconds and my own travel knowledge to find out he's probably not at PC or Bryant. You're welcome.
Not directed at you, but common sense could’ve told us he wasn’t at Bryant or PC either.

I dont want to spend too much time on this. I hope we just get this guy. And I hated the fact that I had a pretty good idea of where he was staying based on his IG because i knew it would get this reaction from the normal crew, But....
I respect the forum and the people who post in it. However, calling an insta follow and a Google search stalkerish shows the age gap of the normal posters and the millennial uri fan (which there will be alot of due to Hurley's success). This is 2022. He has a ton of followers and knows what he's posting. Doing the math isn't stalkerish. Now, if anyone tried to meet him or something...that would cross the line. Not trying to be overly argumentative. We are all in this together. But if you guys want more then just the 40 plus perspective and insight, you gotta change your bar of judgement to match the times. That's just my 2 cents.
7 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

ElbertC2020 wrote: 2 years ago

I dont want to spend too much time on this. I hope we just get this guy. And I hated the fact that I had a pretty good idea of where he was staying based on his IG because i knew it would get this reaction from the normal crew, But....
I respect the forum and the people who post in it. However, calling an insta follow and a Google search stalkerish shows the age gap of the normal posters and the millennial uri fan (which there will be alot of due to Hurley's success). This is 2022. He has a ton of followers and knows what he's posting. Doing the math isn't stalkerish. Now, if anyone tried to meet him or something...that would cross the line. Not trying to be overly argumentative. We are all in this together. But if you guys want more then just the 40 plus perspective and insight, you gotta change your bar of judgement to match the times. That's just my 2 cents.
I'm 60-ish and agree with this post!
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I suppose Sean posted a public picture so guessing/analyzing is fair game. I just feel icky about it when it comes to a 20 year old college student.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about getting Duru because I went through the dumpster and found a bag from Gansett Wraps.
4 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago

Funny, you don't post 60-ish. 🤓
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago

Funny, you don't post 60-ish. 🤓
My kids keep me hip!!
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago I'm feeling pretty optimistic about getting Duru because I went through the dumpster and found a bag from Gansett Wraps.
Hahaah. That’s a good one.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I have this one figured out. He is in Providence enjoying the scenery. Archie will be picking him up and driving him to his home for the visit.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago I'm feeling pretty optimistic about getting Duru because I went through the dumpster and found a bag from Gansett Wraps.
Was the dumpster in Smithfield, North Providence, Warwick Airport Best Western or Tower Hill Mobil?
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Whatever the heck is going on just commit to URI Duru !!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace wrote: 2 years ago
Given their roster, it doesn’t seem like they are all that interested in Durugordon?

2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago
Was the dumpster in Smithfield, North Providence, Warwick Airport Best Western or Tower Hill Mobil?
Yes.
3 x
reckless jake
ARD

6 pages here since April 1st and yet it doesn't seem we are any closer to a commitment from him today than we were at the beginning of the month.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago 6 pages here since April 1st and yet it doesn't seem we are any closer to a commitment from him today than we were at the beginning of the month.
He's visited us and is in RI again on the week we are supposed to meet with him. So we are, without question, closer..
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago 6 pages here since April 1st and yet it doesn't seem we are any closer to a commitment from him today than we were at the beginning of the month.
He's visited us and is in RI again on the week we are supposed to meet with him. So we are, without question, closer..
Or he met some girl he really likes when he was on his visit. :D
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

lol. Forget this. I'm not looking at this until something happens.
0 x
GO RAMS
reckless jake
ARD

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah, I'm going with the "he might've met a girl he really likes" theory...

I think he's stalling us to see if he gets an offer he likes better than ours.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Durugordon originally enrolled at Missouri early in January 2021 and redshirted the Spring semester. He practiced and traveled with the team including when Missouri went to the NCAA Tournament. Team went 8-8 conference and 16-10 overall. Lost to Oklahoma in 1st NCAA Tournament game
He announced leaving Missouri on January 21, 2022 so he has been without a team since then, plenty of time to decide. This was after playing the Arkansas game

He is ranked 429 from among 1,484 in evanmiya.com transfer listing.

Missouri had a bad year this past season and fired their HC: 5-13 SEC Conference and 12-21 overall
Durugordon Played 12 games with Missouri before leaving Jan 21:
  • 5.4 minutes per game in 12 games
  • 11-31 FG for 35.5%
  • 2-9 3FG for 22.2%
  • 14-17 FT for 82.4%
  • 1.2 rebounds/game
  • 1 assist / 6 turnovers total in the 12 games
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago

Who is stalling who?
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yep. It’s a two way street.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, Iggy is inferring that the 'maybe' that Sean posted about a week ago was indeed referring to something Archie said to him? In other words, 'maybe we'll give you a scholarship if (insert name) doesn't accept one from us'?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago

Or the opposite.
2 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

Something is off here. His camp is leaking stuff to try and gain interest. I think we are stalling. That's my opinion.
2 x
reckless jake
ARD

If we are stalling, who is it are we holding him off for?
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I find it hard to believe that Archie is stalling- what would you do, if a prospective coach said "you are my second choice, so hold on for a little longer......................"

and I believe if Archie is trying to "close" him, there is likely a time frame in which the offer is valid. I think Archie would protect his reputation and if he says, "you have until ---- at 1100 pm, after that we are moving on" That would likely be not renegotiable---
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago If we are stalling, who is it are we holding him off for?
Femi
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago If we are stalling, who is it are we holding him off for?
Femi
No way because Femi is a guard and Sean is more of a forward but what do I know I’ll sit back and wait
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago I find it hard to believe that Archie is stalling- what would you do, if a prospective coach said "you are my second choice, so hold on for a little longer......................"

and I believe if Archie is trying to "close" him, there is likely a time frame in which the offer is valid. I think Archie would protect his reputation and if he says, "you have until ---- at 1100 pm, after that we are moving on" That would likely be not renegotiable---
I don’t necessarily think it’s a second choice situation, but more of what is your opportunity here.

If Sean wants somewhere he can go and be guaranteed 25 minutes a night, we might candidly not be able to guarantee that if we close on someone else as well. If we say don’t land them, then we can offer more to him
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Dino611 wrote: 2 years ago
Femi
No way because Femi is a guard and Sean is more of a forward but what do I know I’ll sit back and wait
So what? Sean is a wing. Femi can play the 1-3. Femi is a BIG guard. From watching Sean's game tape, he looks to be a lot closer to 6'5 than 6'7. They look very close in height. Plus, we have so many unknowns. Does Archie only want one out of these two? Who would be his top choice? The obvious answer is Femi. Maybe Archie only views Sean as a wing, and he feels like he's set at that position with two big guards like Carey and Femi and a traditional wing in Malik. If Archie is being honest with Sean about where they stand, I respect the hell out of that. Compared to let's get him to commit and promise him minutes and then recruit over him the first chance we get.

We also don't know what Duru wants in a team. Maybe he wants to be a starting wing on a team? Will he get that if we land Femi? Would he be willing to play the 4? There are WAYY too many question marks for you or anyone to say "No way" all because one is more of a guard and the other is a wing.

My question to you is what other player would it be? Femi is the only other player that we know that has us in his final 5.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING