Assistants under Coach Miller 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Assistants under Coach Miller 2022-23

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 2 weeks ago
adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago
BattleTested wrote: 3 weeks ago I'm hearing we've already hired KJ's replacement and he's already here recruiting... And no it was not an in house hire.
I'd expect there to be an announcement in the next couple days
Good to know, thanks for the info! I assumed that was the case. No reason to think Archie was going to just sit around and let us be short handed on the staff.
Thank you BattleTested for the advance info on the Assistant Coach. Excellent job of keeping the name confidential, yet give a clue or two to allow some fun on the board to let fans guess. Well done!
Agreed Ramster , I thought it was great and fun to guess too
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago
adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago Ok, here is my conspiracy theory for the day...our friend RV has heard who the new assistant is, and it will fall in to category 3 listed below. He's putting this tweet out now to get out in front of it so he can say it was a bad hire once it's announced. :lol:

Good one!

In that Abu Bakr interview, Abu was advocating for hiring a former alumni.

I think you're right. Why else would he have a problem with some former assistant of Archie's? He won't get interviews!
I think you were right Adam.
Rhody Vault knew Archie was likely to go a different way. RV early on says he likes options #1 and #2 but not #3 which was Archie getting someone he knows to replace Kenny Johndon and someone he has worked with in the past with significant HC experience.

RV also criticizing the money that Archie is being paid and the large sum he has for AC’s and Staff hires.

RV criticizing loss of Kenny Johnson and Cunningham yet Johnson left for a better situation. He got closer to home, a higher level conference plus likely higher pay (not public info on pay since Georgetown is private). Cunningham clearly got a deserved promotion and higher pay to go to Charleston. Both easily could be viewed as promotions.

RV refuses to find a way to say a single good thing about Archie Miller. It’s always negative. So obvious it’s weird and somewhat creepy to be so public with his axe to grind.
IMG_3373.jpeg
IMG_3370.png
3 x
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago
adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago Ok, here is my conspiracy theory for the day...our friend RV has heard who the new assistant is, and it will fall in to category 3 listed below. He's putting this tweet out now to get out in front of it so he can say it was a bad hire once it's announced. :lol:

Good one!

I think you're right. Why else would he have a problem with some former assistant of Archie's? He won't get interviews!
Rhody Vault knew Archie was likely to go a different way. RV early on says he likes options #1 and #2 but not #3 which was Archie getting someone he knows to replace Kenny Johndon and someone he has worked with in the past with significant HC experience.

RV also criticizing the money that Archie is being paid and the large sum he has for AC’s and Staff hires.

RV criticizing loss of Kenny Johnson and Cunningham yet Johnson left for a better situation. He got closer to home, a higher level conference plus likely higher pay (not public info on pay since Georgetown is private). Cunningham clearly got a deserved promotion and higher pay to go to Charleston. Both easily could be viewed as promotions.

RV refuses to find a way to say a single good thing about Archie Miller. It’s always negative. So obvious it’s weird and somewhat creepy to be so public with his axe to grind.

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3370.png
It is incredibly weird.

It's especially evident after Jamaraques Lawrence committed. Everyone else gets praised and all he gets is "This is the Rams first commitment" lol
4 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Would it not have been better to promote Cunningham at the expense of Carroll?
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago
Good one!

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3370.png
It is incredibly weird.

It's especially evident after Jamaraques Lawrence committed. Everyone else gets praised and all he gets is "This is the Rams first commitment" lol
Bryant landed some Bonnie’s bench player and he was saying how big of a commitment that was for Bryant 😂
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 week ago Would it not have been better to promote Cunningham at the expense of Carroll?
If what Coach Benny Sander is true, absolutely.

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Cunningham played for Mack at Louisville. It may have just been a case of him wanting to go back and work for his old coach.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Good one!

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3370.png
Yeah its bizarre ramster. It's all pretty transparent at this point. I also just kind of find it funny that he built this whole account around a program that he now kind of hates. :lol:
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 1 week ago Would it not have been better to promote Cunningham at the expense of Carroll?
Everyone else loves Sebastian Thomas coming back. He's not coming back if Carroll isn't here
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 week ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3370.png
It is incredibly weird.

Bryant landed some Bonnie’s bench player and he was saying how big of a commitment that was for Bryant 😂
Bryant list just about everybody. Then Timberlake decides to return from portal. I watched Martelli Jr as Bryant HC at the games at UBS Arena. Martelli was yelling and screaming at everybody. Not impressed at all. I can see why most all his players walked.
This transfer from St Bonaventure started only 3 games as a Soph, far below his 23 starts as a freshman.
Hit 12-38 for 31.6% over 2 years - not bad for 3FG% but problem is that 31.6% is for FT’s!!!!!

Vault over-rates, over-promotes guys for his own benefit, and yo benefit the HC’s he wants to promote. As has been said before RV is a Grifter.
IMG_3410.jpeg
IMG_3409.jpeg
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good one!

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3370.png
It’s absolutely a personal vendetta and I can’t stand it !
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Has Kenny Johnson recruited anyone for Cooley?
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."