Season ticket sales

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Season ticket sales

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This is the direct link to last year's season ticket information:

https://gorhody.com/sports/2020/6/9/tic ... ckets.aspx

In case that becomes a dead link, hopefully the following link will lead to the more general men's basketball ticketing page, although the dating on it makes me think it might not work:

https://gorhody.com/sports/2020/6/9/tic ... index.aspx

Last year season tickets went on sale April 1st. Hopefully this year they go on sale March 21st.

The donors put up, Thorr put up, hell Archie put up, now it's time for the rank and file fans to put up. We need the Ryan Center back to what it was at the end of Hurley's tenure here right out of the gate, not a slow climb back
9 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Season ticket sales

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Nice.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Wasn’t going to renew my season tix bc of the last two years of disappointment but now that has all changed.
5 x
Common sense is not common.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Now that we got our man time to get working on the roster and OOC for the next few seasons!

And Thorr. Assuming Miller does what we hope - let’s make it so he has everything the program needs and more so when the big schools come calling it won’t be so easy to leave and/or we’re a turn key program that sets up the replacement for success.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

🎆 🎇 🍾 🎊 🌈
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

I'm graduating in May and just put in my young alumni season ticket deposit!!! :D :D :D This wouldn't have happened if Cox stayed.
8 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

It's great that they are taking deposits but seems like they should have pricing info up on the website. They probably should try to fill the building before raising prices but that will be their decision.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The athletic department jumping right on this as they should. Well done.
3 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago It's great that they are taking deposits but seems like they should have pricing info up on the website. They probably should try to fill the building before raising prices but that will be their decision.
Haven't settled on pricing yet. It would probably go up - as it should.

Crazy value for games. No problem paying more for a better product!
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago It's great that they are taking deposits but seems like they should have pricing info up on the website. They probably should try to fill the building before raising prices but that will be their decision.
Haven't settled on pricing yet. It would probably go up - as it should.

Crazy value for games. No problem paying more for a better product!
I'll be renewing my seats either way. I do enjoy when the building is at or near capacity.
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Is $2M in ticket sales attainable? This will get Archie a $10K bonus. At 5,000/game for 15games is 75,000 tickets. I'm not counting student tickets. That's around $28/ticket. I wonder how tickets will be priced?
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago Is $2M in ticket sales attainable? This will get Archie a $10K bonus. At 5,000/game for 15games is 75,000 tickets. I'm not counting student tickets. That's around $28/ticket. I wonder how tickets will be priced?
Great post as usual Rhody72. The sticking point on Archie's deal was the 10 grand attendance bonus.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Raising ticket prices for the upcoming season would be a mistake. Keep them for a year then raise. The current prices were set after the Successful Hurley years. This team has been gotten worse each year since then. We don’t have enough fans waiting in the wings to jump on season tickets. It’s pretty shady If they are actively taking new deposits then raising prices from what had been posted for years.
3 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Two years ago I purchased tickets to the URI game vs St. Joe's at Hagan Arena. I got two very hard bench seats almost in line with the basket for $55 per ticket. I have never criticized URI ticket pricing since then. URI ticket pricing is a bargain and I would not object to it going up after that crappy experience at St. Joe's.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Two years ago I purchased tickets to the URI game vs St. Joe's at Hagan Arena. I got two very hard bench seats almost in line with the basket for $55 per ticket. I have never criticized URI ticket pricing since then. URI ticket pricing is a bargain and I would not object to it going up after that crappy experience at St. Joe's.
Amen. And I won't object to our prices going up after getting Archie to restore us to greatness.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I hope they do since everything else costs more and we need to pay a reasonable amount to support this new shiny basketball program we suddenly have.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago I hope they do since everything else costs more and we need to pay a reasonable amount to support this new shiny basketball program we suddenly have.
Yep, hopefully beer prices go up and they start charging for parking, too! Let's go!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'd keep prices the same this year to try and attract a larger season ticket holder base. Start raising the prices next year.
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I would be interested in knowing how many people put a deposit on season tickets that had let them lapse over the past few years?

We have been keeping up with ours (4) even through the dark few years...
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago I would be interested in knowing how many people put a deposit on season tickets that had let them lapse over the past few years?

I did. I rolled them over Covid year 1 and then took a refund this year. Wish I had rolled em though again. I hope I get my same seats back.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago I would be interested in knowing how many people put a deposit on season tickets that had let them lapse over the past few years?

Me and a couple of friends fit in this catagory
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

We kept ours but didn’t make to many games.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

I did. I rolled them over Covid year 1 and then took a refund this year. Wish I had rolled em though again. I hope I get my same seats back.
Rolled over for two years in a row...can't wait to get back.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I kept my seats during the last two uneasy years. Will be adding an additional seat to my account for next year and the many more to come.

I just can not wait to be in a Full Ryan Center and take in the atmosphere again. Man it seems like it has been so long since the feeling of a packed Rhowdy house. The half full Ryan Center crowds the past few have just not been the same.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Does anyone have a link to Athletic Donor levels? I tried looking around GoRhody.com but couldn't find it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago I kept my seats during the last two uneasy years. Will be adding an additional seat to my account for next year and the many more to come.

I just can not wait to be in a Full Ryan Center and take in the atmosphere again. Man it seems like it has been so long since the feeling of a packed Rhowdy house. The half full Ryan Center crowds the past few have just not been the same.
Yep, last game we were at was the March 2020 jam packed Dayton superspreader. Best thing about was that there was an Obi dunk highlight on ESPN.com the next day and you could see us in n the background... Getting dunked on by the POY...late night blowout.... good times.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago I kept my seats during the last two uneasy years. Will be adding an additional seat to my account for next year and the many more to come.

Yep, last game we were at was the March 2020 jam packed Dayton superspreader. Best thing about was that there was an Obi dunk highlight on ESPN.com the next day and you could see us in n the background... Getting dunked on by the POY...late night blowout.... good times.
My last game as well. Can't wait to get back.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Does anyone have a link to Athletic Donor levels? I tried looking around GoRhody.com but couldn't find it.
Maybe the Foundation site?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Add me to that list for the Dayton game, although I did take the kids to one of the woman’s games this year
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

Add me to that list for the Dayton game, although I did take the kids to one of the woman’s games this year
Yeah I have been to almost all the home games since the Dayton game mentioned above. However, not many since then have brought that energy that you get from the packed Ryan Center. I kind of think back to the VCU game when Jeff Dowtin hit the three 3 pointers in a row and the place went nuts.

I miss those type of nights.
3 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Kept ours and went to every game this year..
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Does anyone have a link to Athletic Donor levels? I tried looking around GoRhody.com but couldn't find it.
Do you mean a list of who donated at what level?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
Do you mean a list of who donated at what level?
No the list of like how much for Athletic Director, how much for Silver Ram, Gold Ram etc. And the benefits like parking. I was in Lot A for years until my daughter went to URI and my priority was tuition then. Now she's graduated so.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Endzone went from $170 to $185
Mezzanine/209 went from $275 to $325
Loge went from $375 to $425
Club went from $500 to $575

These are fair increases for the extra excitement this year should have compared to last year, though it might stop casual fans from making the leap before wins come
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Endzone went from $170 to $185

These are fair increases for the extra excitement this year should have compared to last year, though it might stop casual fans from making the leap before wins come
The e-mail also says that the plan is to add more home games, so that the per game price won't be much different than it was last year.
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I renewed. I'm back on the bandwagon!
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Renewed and paid for. Go Rhody!
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Renewed!
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Happily Renewed. It’s a new day.
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

The prices before the increases were put in after the Hurley years. People paid those prices for 3 seasons of mediocre(and at the end bad) basketball. You paid the same no matter how many games there were. I don't know how they can say as part of their pitch, after raising prices that they plan on having more home games- what if there isn't? After dropping my seats following 2019/2020 season, I had planned on jumping back in, but not at those prices.
IMO a better approach would be to hold/slightly decrease season ticket plans, draw people in, then increase next season.
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Jeeze 75 extra dollars a year to support a rising program should not be too much to ask.

Some of you fans baffle me. We finally get the support we have been dreaming about and yet people find a way to make an excuse to why they can not support the program themselves. Match the program support like Thorr, the president, the university and the big donors did or get lost. Now is the time. If not now then when?
4 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago

The prices before the increases were put in after the Hurley years. People paid those prices for 3 seasons of mediocre(and at the end bad) basketball. You paid the same no matter how many games there were. I don't know how they can say as part of their pitch, after raising prices that they plan on having more home games- what if there isn't? After dropping my seats following 2019/2020 season, I had planned on jumping back in, but not at those prices.
IMO a better approach would be to hold/slightly decrease season ticket plans, draw people in, then increase next season.
If a price increase of $50 for the year for Mezzanine changed your plan from getting season tickets to not, I question your commitment as a fan. Last year they had 16 home games scheduled. The increase would be $3 per game if they don’t increase the number of home games.
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

This is an ABSURD take.

Do you have any idea what those Club seats cost at the Dunk? $1000-$1700.

This is a ridiculous value. $3 per game increase? Honestly I don't think it's enough. I would've been OK requiring PSL's or a larger increase for club seats based on the investments we've made. VCU requires $250 donation PER TICKET.

$575 for club seats is an insane deal for what you get.

Thankfully, it seems like URI is finally catering to and investing for fans - not casual ones who would balk at a $3/game price increase.

WOOF
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago

If a price increase of $50 for the year for Mezzanine changed your plan from getting season tickets to not, I question your commitment as a fan. Last year they had 16 home games scheduled. The increase would be $3 per game if they don’t increase the number of home games.
$ spent by fans doesn't always equate to level of commitment.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just look at the 50 or 75 dollar increase as a donation. That's a dollar or a dollar and a half per week if you average it our over the year. Skip your coffee purchase once a month and you're even.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Depends.

If the $50 is difference between eating/bills or not? Than no. No it doesn't at all. I wouldn't mean to admonish anyone for that.

If the $50 difference is the misguided "principle" of "I don't want to pay more because I feel slighted" than yeah, it totally does.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

The prices before the increases were put in after the Hurley years. People paid those prices for 3 seasons of mediocre(and at the end bad) basketball. You paid the same no matter how many games there were. I don’t know how they can say as part of their pitch, after raising prices that they plan on having more home games- what if there isn’t? After dropping my seats following 2019/2020 season, I had planned on jumping back in, but not at those prices.
This is an ABSURD take.

Do you have any idea what those Club seats cost at the Dunk? $1000-$1700.

This is a ridiculous value. $3 per game increase? Honestly I don’t think it’s enough. I would’ve been OK requiring PSL’s or a larger increase for club seats based on the investments we’ve made. VCU requires $250 donation PER TICKET.

$575 for club seats is an insane deal for what you get.

Thankfully, it seems like URI is finally catering to and investing for fans - not casual ones who would balk at a $3/game price increase.

WOOF
One million percent agree — and factor in that we don’t pay for parking and it’s an even better deal than what you’ve already laid out. I think they’re absolutely right to take advantage of the buzz they’re generating RIGHT NOW. We wanted this school to pay for a top-tier coach, now we need to be willing to pay up a little, too.

Also Miller’s ridiculously low buyout means that he might not be around long. So if they do have a great year and he leaves after one season, it’s a much harder increase to stomach going into the following season. The excitement is here. Plus we get the PC game at home this season. To not raise prices now would be malpractice.

And it sounds like most people agree — I emailed Tyler to add a seat to my season tickets and he said they’d just been inundated with calls all day.
3 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

I'm not going to question anybody's commitment as a fan. We all have different entertainment budgets. If someone has a strained budget it would be a much better deal to catch some of the promos they run and also a few other games that interest you the most. Apparently, they got enough deposits to surmise that raising prices was the best course of action. I hope the Ryan Center is full this year but have some doubts that it will be. That being said I'm renewing my seats. It was a shame that they did not move more season ticket holders to better seats after all of the late cancellations last year. I did not appreciate seeing better seats available in our section for individual games than the seats we had as season ticket holders. I'm not a big donor so do not expect my seats to improve any going forward.
1 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I’m not sure casual fans are making the leap to season tickets regardless of what the price is or whether the wins have started coming yet. Most “casual” fans are buying single games, maybe mini plans. And even if those prices go up as well, I’m sure there will be some of the usual deals. The key is using this coming season to turn those casual fans into season ticket holders a year later.
1 x