Mitchells, Berry, Walker, Ayo-Faleye, Betrand in 2022 portal / transferring

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Mitchells, Berry, Walker, Ayo-Faleye, Betrand in 2022 portal / transferring

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago RhodyVault specifically says in follow-up tweets that it ISN'T an official announcement, that he's just repeating speculation.
If they do end up at Arkansas, I wonder if Rhody Vault will claim he was the first to report it, when he specially said it isn't official yet!
Sure looks to me like he said it.
2A629991-C811-4CF9-B02D-F921E1D5B03D.png
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago RhodyVault specifically says in follow-up tweets that it ISN'T an official announcement, that he's just repeating speculation.
If they do end up at Arkansas, I wonder if Rhody Vault will claim he was the first to report it, when he specially said it isn't official yet!

And then look at his following tweets.

Says it’s not an official announcement, not definitive, “if” it happens, blah blah blah.

Basically playing both sides of the fence.
Attachments
F4543816-4FF1-483E-AC09-E1078B30006A.jpeg
4 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Says it’s not an official announcement, not definitive, “if” it happens, blah blah blah.

The surprising things are that after seeing results, it still appears that:
a) they would WANT to play together and
b) that a coach would take them together

It's like no one has ever seen them try to play together before ...
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Good for them and Musselman. Perfect pairing.

Two headed monster lives!
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Still say for URI, addition by subtraction…….
4 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I guess we'll see Mama Mitchell back on twitter now.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Musselman and the Mitchells deserve one another.
6 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

I guess we’ll find out if they’re actually coachable now. Should be interesting to watch.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Well this sure should be interesting to watch!

EDIT: Yeah what URI_05 said! (posted at the exact same time)
2 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Good for them and Musselman. Perfect pairing.

Two headed monster lives!
Yep
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I do kind of see why a coach that runs a program the way Musselman does would want to take a chance with two big, athletic, talented kids. It could work out for them there, stranger things have happened. If it doesn’t, it’s no skin off his back - he’ll go back into the transfer pool and replace them. Musselman could have the cache and the roster to corral them and get them to buy into a role suited for their physical profile and skill set, in which case there’s no reason they can’t contribute on a good team. Best of luck, Mitchells.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Yeah it will definitely be interesting to watch that is forsure. I think it is funny the Arkansas forum is just as optimistic as we were about getting them.

That team is going to be loaded with egos. 6 top 100 recruits and like 3 or 4 in top 20. Along with the twins who we all know about their immature egos.

The season can go really well for them or really really bad hahha. When things go wrong that locker room is going to be tough to control.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

They do have talent but so far they seem uncoachable.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I hope the refs are ready for them. 🥴
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Musselman did pretty good with his last set of twins….
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Maybe I'm crazy but I could see it working out for them there.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe I'm crazy but I could see it working out for them there.
They'll need a major attitude adjustment for that to happen...and for mom to stay out of the way.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Basically all reporters do that. According to sources…I’m hearing….nothing official yet. You can find those verbatim from Zags, Goodman, etc. Also Rhody Vault has earned a real long leash in my book for all the effort and good he is doing with the content he puts out.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago

Basically all reporters do that. According to sources…I’m hearing….nothing official yet. You can find those verbatim from Zags, Goodman, etc. Also Rhody Vault has earned a real long leash in my book for all the effort and good he is doing with the content he puts out.
He claimed to be the first to announce Archie Miller.
Bragging about it just this week.
I never saw that.
I don’t care for the bragging part either. What’s the point of that anyway.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but if Archie sets a time and date to announce his Staff then I think he should be allowed to announce it without the media leaking it out first, racing to beat one another to announce. I think especially local media should respect the HC’s wishes. But for all I know maybe the HC wanted it leaked early.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I never saw that.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but if Archie sets a time and date to announce his Staff then I think he should be allowed to announce it without the media leaking it out first, racing to beat one another to announce. I think especially local media should respect the HC’s wishes. But for all I know maybe the HC wanted it leaked early.
You might be more comfortable in a communist country! Here, we have a free press.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago

I never saw that.

You might be more comfortable in a communist country! Here, we have a free press.
Not in Corporate America. When staff members are asked to keep something quiet until a formal announcement is done then they are expected to do that.

Info is leaking out that should be confidential.

Players on URI found out David Cox was fired from social media. Not by the proper chain of command.

That’s not communism, that’s just keeping things confidential as proper etiquette and business.

You even have guys claiming to be first to release when they were obviously not - for HC and for the Staff announcement.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I never saw that.
I think he's really trying to make a name for himself so he can continue to do this long-term. I'm cool with bragging if you actually did break the news but when you weren't the one that broke the news and you are well aware of that fact that's not a good look...
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I'm not going to argue the merits of a free press since this is a basketball board.
7 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I never saw that.

Not in Corporate America. When staff members are asked to keep something quiet until a formal announcement is done then they are expected to do that.

Players on URI found out David Cox was fired from social media. Not by the proper chain of command.

That’s not communism, that’s just keeping things confidential as proper etiquette and business.

You even have guys claiming to be first to release when they were obviously not - for HC and for the Staff announcement.
Corporate America is a bit different. You leak news that's not public you have violated SEC laws and are subject to prison. This is a college basketball team, and coaches need media to pump their team. So they give some tidbits. I'm good with it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Corporate America is a bit different. You leak news that's not public you have violated SEC laws and are subject to prison. This is a college basketball team, and coaches need media to pump their team. So they give some tidbits. I'm good with it.
So players on the URI team heard that David Cox was fired from the media. They were surprised. Shouldn’t happen that way imho. Call the team together and tell them as a group. They should know before tweeters and message board people know. There is free speech and there is chain of communication.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So players on the URI team heard that David Cox was fired from the media. They were surprised. Shouldn’t happen that way imho. Call the team together and tell them as a group.
They could have learned he was going to be fired 4 months ago by reading this board.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So players on the URI team heard that David Cox was fired from the media. They were surprised. Shouldn’t happen that way imho. Call the team together and tell them as a group.
Why didn't Cox tell his team?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

Why didn't Cox tell his team?
Good question. Or somebody.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

They could have learned he was going to be fired 4 months ago by reading this board.
Good. It’s the players fault.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

That Cox was fired?
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Breaking stories is literally how reporters get promoted and become successful/make a name for themselves.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That Cox was fired?
No, that it’s the players fault that they were not told by a representative of the university - but heard it from other means

They should have read this board 4 months ago as you said
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

That Cox was fired?
No, that it’s the players fault that they were not told by a representative of the university - but heard it from other means

I'm sure Cox knew that he was fired before the media did. He should have told the team.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

That Cox was fired?

I'm sure Cox knew that he was fired before the media did. He should have told the team.
Somebody should have.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

In Corporate America you only go to prison for violating SEC regulations if you have nonpublic information and then trade that company's stock before that info is made public thereby giving you an unfair advantage. That's what insider trading is. Leaking information to the press at most gets you fired and maybe the company can sue you civilly for damages caused by the leak.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago

In Corporate America you only go to prison for violating SEC regulations if you have nonpublic information and then trade that company's stock before that info is made public thereby giving you an unfair advantage. That's what insider trading is. Leaking information to the press at most gets you fired and maybe the company can sue you civilly for damages caused by the leak.
So I leak my companies earnings before they are released and don't trade stock I'm good?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago
I’m very surprised by the twins going to the Hogs, I don’t think they will do well there guess we’ll see
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago

So I leak my companies earnings before they are released and don't trade stock I'm good?
From a criminal standpoint? Yup. You'll definitely be looking for a new job without any severance but you won't be in prison.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So players on the URI team heard that David Cox was fired from the media. They were surprised. Shouldn’t happen that way imho. Call the team together and tell them as a group. They should know before tweeters and message board people know. There is free speech and there is chain of communication.
If they didn't know Cox was gone I don't know what to tell them. We knew he was gone, everyone knew he was gone
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

If they didn't know Cox was gone I don't know what to tell them. We knew he was gone, everyone knew he was gone
Exactly, it would have been more of a surprise if he was retained.
Last edited by RIFan 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not for nothing, but Rhody Vault deleted a tweet saying like “the Mitchell’s transfer fell through, won’t happen, and that’s why it wasn’t a Rhody Vault lock”

So he said it looks like it’ll happen, but says it’s not definite, then says it’s definitely not happening. Allll over the place.

Again, his content is tremendous, a 10/10. Really is perfect.

The “reporting” he does is all over the place and when he claims to be first (when he clearly isn’t) is a sort of a bad look.

I’ll repeat (so people don’t get mad).

Content - perfect

Reporting - ehhhhh
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x
Go Rhody
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

He also spams his post in the replies of a billion people and it’s super cringy, I had to mute him for now
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago He also spams his post in the replies of a billion people and it’s super cringy, I had to mute him for now
Kid is definitely hustling and trying to get him and the account out there. Do what ya gotta do, that’s how people build followings nowadays.

Just didn’t like the bragging and claiming first when there’s time stamps proving he wasn’t.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago He also spams his post in the replies of a billion people and it’s super cringy, I had to mute him for now
Kid is definitely hustling and trying to get him and the account out there. Do what ya gotta do, that’s how people build followings nowadays.

Just didn’t like the bragging and claiming first when there’s time stamps proving he wasn’t.
The thing is I don't even see how the "reporting" is getting him out there. He's getting him and his site over with the content he's putting out. If he just stuck with that he'd be perfect
6 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RIFan wrote: 2 years ago

Correct. They did not know Cox was gone. There was speculation here as to what day it would be announced if it was going to be announced - everybody was not convinced it would happen. In fact, most here were surprised it happened as soon as it did. Most thought it would be Monday or Tuesday, AFTER the A10 Championship game.

Bottom line they heard about it by word of mouth. If you say they should have known 3-4 months ago then I guess you never need to communicate with them the decision. Just read it in the paper or on social media. They should just know.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m still surprised that Rhody Vault never heard of KB shocking to say the least
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 2 years ago

Correct. They did not know Cox was gone. There was speculation here as to what day it would be announced if it was going to be announced - everybody was not convinced it would happen. In fact, most here were surprised it happened as soon as it did. Most thought it would be Monday or Tuesday, AFTER the A10 Championship game.

Bottom line they heard about it by word of mouth. If you say they should have known 3-4 months ago then I guess you never need to communicate with them the decision. Just read it in the paper or on social media. They should just know.
I'm pretty sure that none of them read it in the paper. :lol:
0 x