Top 10 Basketball Places

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Top 10 Basketball Places

Unread post by Rhody15 »

April fools day came early, I guess.
0 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Yes, saw that, interesting. Maybe that kinda thing was what Hurley Sr. described as the “sleeping giant…..”So maybe we are an attractive destination for a higher level coach?
Last edited by section(105) 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

was this wriyten by the same person who compared Cox to Keaney ?
1 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

I’m guessing he didn’t visit this year (if at all). The only way we hit 10 is if wanting the coach fired is the number 1 criteria.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't know how people still continue to think they compared Cox to Keaney as a basketball coach.

The job of social media is to present the team/coach in a positive light.

The post only stated Cox had more wins in his first 100 games as coach (a fact), and Keaney just so happened to be second on that list (also a fact).

If it was any other coach in second, that coach would have been included in the graphic, and not Keaney.
0 x
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't know how people still continue to think they compared Cox to Keaney as a basketball coach.

The job of social media is to present the team/coach in a positive light.

The post only stated Cox had more wins in his first 100 games as coach (a fact), and Keaney just so happened to be second on that list (also a fact).

If it was any other coach in second, that coach would have been included in the graphic, and not Keaney.

silly me
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Worth reading the article (or at least skimming it) before calling the author an idiot. It was actually a unique approach to comparing locations/programs

He had a well laid out methodology. You don’t have to agree with it, but that was his choice. He’s not power ranking teams by their results this year, there’s already a million of those lists.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I actually think the author in a roundabout way points out something we've seen before when we've been good. Kingston is a GREAT place for college basketball. Fantastic arena, reasonable tickets, free parking, the only game in town, not too far off the beaten path (despite what RI drivers might think). Despite our typical Rhode Island pessimism there is a lot going for us and when we have the right coach we tend to take off like a rocket. Tenth is ambitious, but there's a lot of good things going for us
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Yeah I like/understand the context of the list, and tend to agree.

When PC basketball is good - it's not like the only thing going on in Providence is PC basketball. Providence is a city. There's a ton to do. Great restaurants. Concerts. Entertainment. A semi-pro hockey team. I mean PC hockey is a draw as well.

When URI basketball is good, time is calculated in South County between game days.

Same for all the other cities on that list. Durham is the center of the vortex between Duke, UNC, NC State and Wake Forest.

Storrs is a solid #2. I think they got the top 4 right, then lost me when they put LA in there. East Lansing should be higher.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow definitely a surprise to come in @ 10 with all those powerhouses
0 x