Our women are better than our men

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Our women are better than our men

Unread post by PeteRI »

URI men's team ranks 344 out of 350 D1 teams, with a gaudy 63.9% free throw percentage.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1

The Lady Rams free throw percentage is 66.7%.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: Our women are better than our men

Unread post by PeteRI »

3-point percentage

Men shoot 34% - tied for 177th place.

Lady Rams shoot 34.26% for 49th place.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Assist to Turnover Percentage

Men are at .96 for 221st place.

Lady Rams are at .98 for 95th place.
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Love ya Pete, but this doesn't seem like it needs to be its own thread. Or in NCAAs or Bust. We've got the last one you started a few days ago that's still going, plus there's already the official WBB thread in URI Athletics. Not trying to hate but I think one of the things that makes this board distinctive from a lot of others in the CBB world is that being well organized funnels posters into a common thread for a topic which makes it easier to read back, get conversations going and in some ways cuts down on shitposting.

Dropping your stat comparison into the official thread would've given them just a much prominence, because it bumps the thread back up to the top of the list. So your points won't go unseen, in fact they may actually get more views because a lot of posters ignore smaller threads like these.

If you look around at some of the other team specific boards, you'll start to see how good KB actually is in terms of organization - there's a ton of teams whose forums are difficult to navigate and filled with dead limb two post threads where people are repeating points, missing shit, etc. I'm always glad when more people are getting excited about other Rhody sports but it might help keep the conversation going longer if we focus on more specific threads.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Pete, welcome to the...you know....see tagline ;)
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Points Against
URI Men are 39th with 64.2 points against.

Lady Rams are 7th in the country with 52.2 points against.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I hear you about the strengths of KB, Puck Frovidence. This is absolutely a top notch fan site, with passionate and extremely knowledgeable members of longstanding. I'm just so sick of our decline that the only way I can stay engaged with MBB is through mockery of their abject failure.

Maybe there can be a temporary subcategory - Mock Cox.
2 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago I'm just so sick of our decline that the only way I can stay engaged with MBB is through mockery of their abject failure.
Oh dude of course. No criticism here. I didn't mean to suggest a change of content, just a different destination.
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Maybe there can be a temporary subcategory - Mock Cox.
That kind of traffic can't be healthy for our servers. Let's do it.
2 x