THE EARLY LINE URI VS DUQUESNE

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS DUQUESNE

Unread post by luke »

Well , here it is .URI has a chance to win a game . Vegas opens up with the spread at URI - 11 1/2 . That is a big number for Rhody to cover and
maybe they will cover it , but I have my doubts .So if I were you I would avoid betting on this game at all unless that number comes down below 9 .
URI has the potential to finish as high as 9th in the A10 , but that would require a win here , another home win next against St. Louis and a road win at St. Joes . Probably beating SLU might be the most difficult . However, SLU is a notoriously poor road team , so it is a fair opportunity as is the case
with St. Joes in Philly . This Rhody team has disappointed at almost every turn with the sole exception of the home Davidson win .Maybe they can pull off
a couple of home wins by playing at the level of the Davidson game against SLU . This upcoming Duquesne game will only require a decent level
of play to win based on how things are going for the Dukes.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS DUQUESNE

Unread post by reef »

Hmmm seems high I think Dukes cover
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Line has moved up slightly to - 12 . Vegas must have some to date unfounded faith in URI . Could URI cover or will the Dukes cover ? Could go
either way but don't bet on it either way . A simple victory would be nice .
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Wow that seems high!

But as we've said many times, Vegas tends to be right. They had that UConn game the other night vs. Nova dead nuts at CT -2. Incredible really.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And unfortunately for the program, the losses continue off the court, with third-year big man Tre Williams now out for the final two weeks of the season. Towards the end of the first half against Davidson, the forward suffered a meniscus injury. It looked scary at first since it was no contact but the good news is that there’s no ligament damage, making the recovery time much more manageable.

Williams will be back for the 2022-23 season but that dooms the current campaign for the Dukes. He’s second on the team with 10.8 ppg and 5.7 rpg, while also leading them with 2.1 blocks, good for 5th in the Atlantic 10 and top-20 nationally. In a season where there have been 10+ different starting lineups, the 6’7 forward has been the lone consistent presence, starting all 26 games.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/02/26/ ... son-dukes/
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

URI gets a late cover in the final minute
0 x