Looks like Danny came closer to leaving in 2013 than we thought

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Looks like Danny came closer to leaving in 2013 than we thought

Unread post by adam914 »

Looks to me like it's just one guy saying St. John's should have hired him.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

It's looks like some guy saying he knows how Hurley felt without actually saying how he knows.

I know Hurley didn't want the SJU job. Checkmate, NY Post, you tabloid-pretending-to-be-a-newspaper.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lmao what a trash article.

Dan Hurley didn't want another rebuild. St John's is/was a dumpster fire. Their facilities are severely lacking. Their on-campus arena is trash and when they play in MSG it's a ghost town unless Villanova or UConn are coming to town, and then it's away fans. Outside of their conference and NYC location, there really aren't that many differences between them and URI in the last 2 decades. Hurley was never going there. He was going to UConn. Dream job.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

St. John's, Rutgers, Georgetown were some of the rumors over the years before finally leaving for UConn. There was a Georgetown guy that was adamant it was going to DH until it was Ewing, then he was like, "we could have had him if we wanted." I'd love Ace's take on this, though I'm pretty sure she has said in the past that DH was only leaving for a select few schools. UConn happened to be one of them.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

This story is garbage. If you follow the link from this one to where "Danny wants the job" the reporter talks about why Hurley would be good for St.J, it does not say he wants the job!!
1 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

I think maybe the OP meant 2015?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I think maybe the OP meant 2015?
Yes 2015 was when Lavin left , sounds like the AD wanted Mully all along and good that they didn’t come after DH with a boatload of cash and promises
0 x