Concerts

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Concerts

Unread post by theblueram »

Not sure about anyone else, but there are a ton of shows for old timers out there. Saw Jimmy Buffet last summer. Outstanding. Have tix for Genesis next week at the Garden. Granted Phil is not there, but I have never seen him before. Looking forward to it. Saw The Fixx last month in Fall River. Phenomenal. And I have tix to The Circle Jerks in Boston at the Paradise. First tour in 15 years for the Jerks. I have been wanting to see them since '84 when I moved to Carlsbad. Any other bands playing of interest? If Covid moves out I'm probably going to Dublin to see Duran Duran next June.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Concerts

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Oh man would I love to see Phil Collins live. I heard his health has failed a lot and he cannot play drums like he used to.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Whenever you get a chance to see the Blushing Brides, take advantage of it. Phenominal.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Pearl Jam
1 x
:lol:
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago Pearl Jam
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Was supposed to see them at MSG right before COVID in April 2020. Been postponed until 2022.
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I am probably the only white person who doesn't like either Pearl Jam or Dave Matthews Band. :lol:

Evenflow and Black are great songs, but other than that Pearl Jam isn't my vibe. DMB-- eh. Can't be bothered.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

I am probably the only white person who doesn't like either Pearl Jam or Dave Matthews Band. :lol:

Evenflow and Black are great songs, but other than that Pearl Jam isn't my vibe. DMB-- eh. Can't be bothered.
you're a terrible person
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago Oh man would I love to see Phil Collins live. I heard his health has failed a lot and he cannot play drums like he used to.
Tix are still available. We are going Dec 16. We can give you a ride up, but I think we are staying overnight.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

you're a terrible person

I can confidently tell you that you're in a very small (maybe solo?) club thinking that.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

damram wrote: 2 years ago Whenever you get a chance to see the Blushing Brides, take advantage of it. Phenominal.
They played across the street a few weeks ago
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Pearl Jam is 'ok', but hard pass also on DMB.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

you're a terrible person

I can confidently tell you that you're in a very small (maybe solo?) club thinking that.
Ive been a firm believer for a long there should be a ‘sarcastic’ font to be used on the interweb.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

you're a terrible person

Ive been a firm believer for a long there should be a ‘sarcastic’ font to be used on the interweb.
On other boards I've been on, they use blue font to designate sarcasm. On Reddit, the popular method with the kids there is /s.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

On other boards I've been on, they use blue font to designate sarcasm. On Reddit, the popular method with the kids there is /s.

Yah I mean Idk if Blue Baller is a troll or not though?
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

1, it's blue ballz. def not a baller.
2, def not a troll. i'm a real poster, fan, paying customer. unlike most others here on kb, I don't take myself so seriously and I keep it light, fun.

tough welcoming committee ya'll got round these parts.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

Yah I mean Idk if Blue Baller is a troll or not though?
AFAIK, he's just a new, enthusiastic poster. We do get those from time to time.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

How about we use the "dropshadow" markup,because it's super important to establish a sarcasm standard on this board.
Attachments
sarcasm.png
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago

How about we use the "dropshadow" markup,because it's super important to establish a sarcasm standard on this board.
oh is it now?
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago

it's whatever, guy. it's your board, do what you want.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

One of my employees is going to see Foo Fighters tomorrow (Fresno)
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago One of my employees is going to see Foo Fighters tomorrow (Fresno)
I saw Foo Fighters at Lupos in Providence in April of 1995, before their first album came out. They were opening for Mike Watt. The show line-up was Hovercraft (Eddie Vedder's ex-wife's band & he played drums while wearing a wig & sunglasses). Then it was the Foo Fighters & closing the show was Mike Watt. Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl, & Pat Smear all played with Mike Watt during his set. What a fantastic show.

This is them on the old Jon Stewart Show that was on MTV a few days before the concert.
6 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago One of my employees is going to see Foo Fighters tomorrow (Fresno)
I saw Foo Fighters at Lupos in Providence in April of 1995, before their first album came out. They were opening for Mike Watt. The show line-up was Hovercraft (Eddie Vedder's ex-wife's band & he played drums while wearing a wig & sunglasses). Then it was the Foo Fighters & closing the show was Mike Watt. Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl, & Pat Smear all played with Mike Watt during his set. What a fantastic show.

This is them on the old Jon Stewart Show that was on MTV a few days before the concert.
that's fantastic
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wow thats a hell of a story!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Not sure about anyone else, but there are a ton of shows for old timers out there. Saw Jimmy Buffet last summer. Outstanding. Have tix for Genesis next week at the Garden. Granted Phil is not there, but I have never seen him before. Looking forward to it. Saw The Fixx last month in Fall River. Phenomenal. And I have tix to The Circle Jerks in Boston at the Paradise. First tour in 15 years for the Jerks. I have been wanting to see them since '84 when I moved to Carlsbad. Any other bands playing of interest? If Covid moves out I'm probably going to Dublin to see Duran Duran next June.
Was that Fall River show at The Narrows? They have a lot of good shows there.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Not sure about anyone else, but there are a ton of shows for old timers out there. Saw Jimmy Buffet last summer. Outstanding. Have tix for Genesis next week at the Garden. Granted Phil is not there, but I have never seen him before. Looking forward to it. Saw The Fixx last month in Fall River. Phenomenal. And I have tix to The Circle Jerks in Boston at the Paradise. First tour in 15 years for the Jerks. I have been wanting to see them since '84 when I moved to Carlsbad. Any other bands playing of interest? If Covid moves out I'm probably going to Dublin to see Duran Duran next June.
Was that Fall River show at The Narrows? They have a lot of good shows there.
It was at the Narrows. What a great place to see a band. I just looked since you asked and saw the English Beat go on sale tomorrow. They were supposed to play with the Fixx but cancelled. I may have to get tix for The Beat.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

A place to see some great cover bands is The Courthouse on Rt 138. Great atmosphere, $4 beers that you can bring to your seat, and free parking. All proceeds go to help programs for differently able youths and young adults. A good night out while helping a great cause. Check out their sign for upcoming shows on your way to a Rhody game. Just across from the West Kingston post office.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

damram wrote: 2 years ago A place to see some great cover bands is The Courthouse on Rt 138. Great atmosphere, $4 beers that you can bring to your seat, and free parking. All proceeds go to help programs for differently able youths and young adults. A good night out while helping a great cause. Check out their sign for upcoming shows on your way to a Rhody game. Just across from the West Kingston post office.
This is very interesting. How many seats do they have? They should look at what The Narrows is doing regarding big name bands coming in. The Narrows had The Fixx with about 400 seats at $65 a seat.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

damram wrote: 2 years ago A place to see some great cover bands is The Courthouse on Rt 138. Great atmosphere, $4 beers that you can bring to your seat, and free parking. All proceeds go to help programs for differently able youths and young adults. A good night out while helping a great cause. Check out their sign for upcoming shows on your way to a Rhody game. Just across from the West Kingston post office.
Jonathan Edwards plays there. I saw him play at Edwards Auditorium when I was in school in the 70s.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I saw Moondance, a Van Morrison cover band, the other night. I would guess that there were 200 people there and tickets started at $28. Great show!
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Nice, those shows were definitely the foundation leading to the band's longevity. Essentially Grohl was creating the band from scratch for touring because the first album was entirely his doing in the studio. Fortunately the tours ignited Grohl's interest in music after the heartbreak of his friend's/Nirvana's demise and we got the best, the best, the best, the best of Dave. (Sorry for the song pun.)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyruckus wrote: 2 years ago

Nice, those shows were definitely the foundation leading to the band's longevity. Essentially Grohl was creating the band from scratch for touring because the first album was entirely his doing in the studio. Fortunately the tours ignited Grohl's interest in music after the heartbreak of his friend's/Nirvana's demise and we got the best, the best, the best, the best of Dave. (Sorry for the song pun.)
Nicely punned. It worked ...what a super-talented dude. I love that he seems to be willing and more than able, to play with anyone. Rick Astley (yes, that one), Seasick Steve, the Stones....what a talent...and still seems like a good dude (albeit with usually a few more f bombs than needed - the Letterman show - dressed like the Beatles - was good because he figured out how to leave most of those out and still be cool)
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Going to see Morgan Wallen at MSG in February - pumped up to see him
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Morgan Wallen did not disappoint !

Great show and great time !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not sure where to put this, but...sad news...RIP Taylor HAwkins

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... y-1327112/
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Saw Barry Goudreau (Boston) last night at the Courthouse with my daughter. She brought a Boston album, he signed it and chatted with us for a couple minutes after. Good show and a really good dude, too.
2 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I am going to see Lebanese superstar Fares Karam in Boston next Friday. I have seen him twice in Lebanon.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Saw Barry Goudreau (Boston) last night at the Courthouse with my daughter. She brought a Boston album, he signed it and chatted with us for a couple minutes after. Good show and a really good dude, too.
Wanted to get to that one, life got in the way.

CourtHouse venue is really bringin it!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

damram wrote: 2 years ago I saw Moondance, a Van Morrison cover band, the other night. I would guess that there were 200 people there and tickets started at $28. Great show!
If anyone is interested, there’s a very good Steely Dan cover band playing around the New England region called, Hey Nineteen (they have a website).
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
damram wrote: 2 years ago I saw Moondance, a Van Morrison cover band, the other night. I would guess that there were 200 people there and tickets started at $28. Great show!
If anyone is interested, there’s a very good Steely Dan cover band playing around the New England region called, Hey Nineteen (they have a website).
Tonight, they were right in my neighborhood....have seen them a couple times before, they are VERY good
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Saw the real thing up in Boston in a theatre setting last year which was great. Probably the last time for those guys. Will have to check out the cover band.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Tonight, they were right in my neighborhood....have seen them a couple times before, they are VERY good
Although I haven’t seen him in a long time, I know the founder of the band. Great guy. He went to Julliard School of Music and is a tremendous musician. In my younger working days him and a few of us would meet at lunch and play some songs at a nearby cafe for about an hour. Has to be 20-25 years ago now. Ooph

I have been jonesing to get to see Hey Nineteen play live but have not been able to because of my health, unfortunately.

As an aside, my oldest daughters boyfriend (they met while at Rhody 4-5 years ago) has a band that plays around the region (he’s also writing and album currently when not working his finance day job). The name of his band is Half Baked Horns. I believe he plays trumpet for the Rob Smith Band, too.

Btw…If there are any opera fans out there, My daughter sings opera with Opera Providence (they have summer concerts and are run by a Rhody music professor) and with the Warwick Philharmonic sometimes.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

Although I haven’t seen him in a long time, I know the founder of the band. Great guy. He went to Julliard School of Music and is a tremendous musician. In my younger working days him and a few of us would meet at lunch and play some songs at a nearby cafe for about an hour. Has to be 20-25 years ago now. Ooph

I have been jonesing to get to see Hey Nineteen play live but have not been able to because of my health, unfortunately.

As an aside, my oldest daughters boyfriend (they met while at Rhody 4-5 years ago) has a band that plays around the region (he’s also writing and album currently when not working his finance day job). The name of his band is Half Baked Horns. I believe he plays trumpet for the Rob Smith Band, too.

Btw…If there are any opera fans out there, My daughter sings opera with Opera Providence (they have summer concerts and are run by a Rhody music professor) and with the Warwick Philharmonic sometimes.
I took Music 101 my freshman year. Professor's name was George Kent. I wonder if he's still around.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Forgot about this thread. Saw Clapton in Boston and the B52's at Foxwoods last fall. Duran Duran is playing in Boston next September so probably going to that show.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Hah, my daughter asked me to register for presale, and I got in for her. She has grass seats for the show at Fenway!!
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Awesome - saw him at MSG a year ago
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Hah, my daughter asked me to register for presale, and I got in for her. She has grass seats for the show at Fenway!!
very cool. Hopefully, you don't have to go, too? :lol: :lol:
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Bite your tongue !

Guy is great
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I've got tickets for my annual Dave Matthews Band show at Great Woods (Fuck you Tweeter/Comcast/Xfinity, it's Great Woods), but so far nothing else. Hoping to add some more shows soon. Normally I'd already have my Kenny Chesney at Gillette tickets, but he's skipping the football stadiums this year. Rumors are Pearl Jam will be doing some kind of tour and they always put on a great show. Badfish and a Dave Matthews cover band played an afternoon show at Indian Ranch last year that was a lot of fun, but nothing announced yet. So far a pretty underwhelming tour selection this summer, I had assumed everyone would be around this year
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

For all of you old fogies like me, if you like a good blues'/rock or jam band like we had back in the 70s, check out Tedeschi Trucks. Best live band in the world today, in my opinion. And Derek Trucks, former lead guitarist for the Allman Brothers, is their leader. Best guitarist alive, in my opinion. Lead singer is his wife, Susan Tedeschi from Boston, great blues singer. 12 piece band. Derek, Susan, 2 drummers, bass, keyboard, 3 in the horn section and 3 backup singers, all of them very talented. This is from 11 years ago. They're even better now.
0 x