12/4 | Providence | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

12/4 | Providence | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs Providence College
Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence, RI
Saturday, December 4, 2021
2:00PM

Media
TV: CBSSN
Online: CBSSN
Radio: 101.5 FM (B101) or Tune In Radio App

Previews:
Providence Fan Forum
Another Providence Fan Forum

As of this writing, the annual rivalry game between URI and Providence is scheduled for this coming Saturday afternoon. I have Google alerts set just in case Ed Cooley chickens out of this game again like last season because you can never be too safe. So Rhody fans, don’t get your hopes up too high that this game will actually be played. On the other hand, with the exorbitant prices the Friars are charging for these tickets for this game, it will be tough for Cooley to back out of this one. Providence’s Coach for Life enters his twelfth season but has disappointed the Friar fanbase by amassing just one NCAA tournament win during that span. On the court the Friars are led by 5th year senior center Nate Watson. The Mitchell twins have their work cut out for them as he is a beast downlow averaging roughly 16 & 6. Another player for Rhody fans to keep an eye on is their stretch 4 and adult Macaulay Culkin lookalike, Noah Horchler, who is leading Providence in three pointers made. Unlike what Morey Hershgordon said in his latest podcast, I foresee Walker (or maybe even a little Malik Martin) spending a lot of time matching up against him when the Friars have the ball. Former St Joe’s guard Jared Bynum did not play Wednesday night against Texas Tech & may not be available to play on Saturday after injuring his foot against St. Peters. Indiana transfer Al Durham plays almost 36 minutes a game & has scored in double digits in every game this season, including 23 in his last game. Durham has been sloppy with the ball these last two games with 7 turnovers against St Peters & 4 against Texas Tech Wednesday night. Rhody will need to force more turnovers than Providence is used to committing (12 per game) to win this game. Rhody is shooting the ball better from three, over 5% higher, so the Rams have the advantage there. What worries me is that URI does not have any players on the current team that has played in this rivalry game. Walker is the only one on the roster 2 years ago, but he had to sit because he hadn’t received his waiver from the NCAA after being dismissed from Georgetown, so he didn’t step foot on the court. Other than Walker, no one understands what it is like to play in this rivalry game. Hell, most of this team doesn’t even know what it is like to play in front of a lot of loud fans. This game is unlike any they have played in their college career given it’s a road game that will be in front of roughly 13,000 fans. Conversely Providence has 3 current players who have played in this rivalry game (Watson, Reeves & Fonts). URI is looking for their first road win at Providence since 2002. Yikes! For the love of god, I hope we put a stop to that trend. I am guessing Providence will be favored by around 5.5 points. I for one am hoping for a repeat of when these teams matched up in January of 1979 when URI won by 44 points at the Civic Center. I foresee the first half being a bit of a rock fight as the teams feel each other out & the gameday jitters subside & then a bit more scoring in the second half. Final score of this one will be 69-65. I really hope that the Rams end up victorious, but my head thinks otherwise. Please, please, please win this one. I am tired of leaving downtown with my head down disappointed after a crushing loss. My heart (& liver) can’t take any more of this. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
7-1, 0-0 in the Big East
Last season: 13-13, 9-10 in the Big East

Rankings (URI):
NCAA NET: 87 (112)*
RPI: 15 (27)
KenPom: 60 (78)
BPI: 37 (74)
Sagarin: 50 (86)
* Denotes last season

Leaders:
Points – Nate Watson 16.1 (Sr., C)
Rebounds – Noah Horchler 7.9 (Sr., F)
Assists – Jared Bynum 3.7 (Jr., G) (1.6 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 58-74
H: 40-28, A: 17-43, N: 1-2
Most Recent Matchup: 12/6/19 75-61 W at URI
Most Recent Win Streak: 1 – URI
Match-up Predictor: 25.7 Chance of URI Winning

Fun Trivia:
URI/PC have played 3 “neutral site” games from 1981 to 1983. All 3 of these games were at the Providence Civic Center. The reason those games were classified as neutral site games is both schools decided they would split the revenue. Gavitt came up with the idea to play at the Civic Center and split the tickets, revenue, end expenses. Both sets of fans hated it because they could not get their seats. It was then dropped after just a few years and went back to alternating home games. Thanks to Shane Donaldson for some of this information.

One final note:
Hey Coach Cooley…who in your heart of hearts do you think will win this weekend’s rivalry game?
Last edited by spookydog 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Re: 12/4 | Providence | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Some videos to get you excited for this weekend…

3 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

As a reminder, Providence students thought this video was a good idea to get their fellow students ready for the upcoming season...

Unsurprisingly they went 4-14 that year in the Big East that season.

4 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Spook dog,
Nice write up. I’m now thinking the game gets played but it’s still only Thursday.

You show Providence / URI

I see Providence Ranked #12 and URI Ranked #21 after last nights Texas Tech and @ Harvard games

http://realtimerpi.com/college_Men_basketball_rpi.html
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Spook dog,
Nice write up. I’m now thinking the game gets played but it’s still only Thursday.

I see Providence Ranked #12 and URI Ranked #21 after last nights Texas Tech and @ Harvard games

I grabbed it from here...
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... kings/rpi/
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago Spook dog,

I grabbed it from here...
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... kings/rpi/
I just went there and CBS has NET rankings but NET has not come out yet this season so that is odd - not sure where they get those rankings from but I doubt accurate.

The RPI site itself is updated several times per day and has 12 (21) but close enough I suppose at 15 (27)

Thanks for providing all this background info. Well done as always.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

I’m fired up, let’s shock the state! This game has one of those season turning feels to it. I think it will all come together on Saturday for 40 minutes and we win a BATTLE.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this game (which I may add should be at the Ryan Center - why should Rhody suffer because Cooley was too much of a coward to play last season? They should lose their home game!) but if we do have a lead in the second half we can't do what we did last night and let them back in it.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Looking at the matchups/rosters, advantage predictions?
At this point not sure of starters or who will be available.

Bynum/Breed - Shep
Durham - Ish
Reeves/Minaya - EA/Martin
Horchler - Makhi/Walker
Watson - Makhel

Bench
PC- Goodine, Crosswell
Rhody - Bassy, Carey

Coaches: Cooley - Cox

Providence had the much tougher schedule so far beating Wisc. and TT, only losing to Virginia.
Our losses to Tulsa and FGCU aren't good, we let both those games get away.
The Mitchells and Walker need to come up big and stay out of foul trouble to compete with Horchler and Watson.
Our guard play has been inconsistent and again they all need to play well, don't like some of the size matchups there, big minutes for Martin.
Our scoring has been more evenly distributed than theirs.
Coaching matchup is interesting because most here don't like Cooley, and well so many jumped on that coaching thread started here (not me).
Playing at the Dunk is a big advantage for them, let's see how our guys react.

Some of the stats are pretty similar.
PC - Average 72.3 pts (.46% FG), average 34.6 rebs.
Rhody - Average 72. 1 pts (.50% FG), average 35.3 rebs.

They will be favored and one of our toughest games all year. It will take an A effort to win.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…..after beating Harvard, Team Rankings now says……..their #68 ranked URI has 33% chance to beat their #55 ranked Providence…….dancing at 24%………
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Beat PC
3 x
:lol:
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago The Mitchells and Walker need to come up big and stay out of foul trouble to compete with Horchler and Watson.
Cannot emphasize this enough, along with turnovers from our bigs. Please do not put the ball on the floor for more than one dribble. And even then try not to do it!

Go Rhody!
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Cannot have the Mitchell’s try and do everything to prove to Cooley he made a mistake not taking them.

I have a feeling they’ll be too amped up, trying to block everything, shooting and dribbling too much, and turning it over / committing too many fouls.

Need them to play under control and in the flow of the game.
2 x
Go Rhody
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Cannot have the Mitchell’s try and do everything to prove to Cooley he made a mistake not taking them.

I have a feeling they’ll be too amped up, trying to block everything, shooting and dribbling too much, and turning it over / committing too many fouls.

Need them to play under control and in the flow of the game.
This was my thought, too. Hopefully after the jitters play out, they play under control. They will undoubtedly be tight and try to force some things to make a point.
2 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this game (which I may add should be at the Ryan Center - why should Rhody suffer because Cooley was too much of a coward to play last season? They should lose their home game!) but if we do have a lead in the second half we can't do what we did last night and let them back in it.
Same here, I've never been less excited or pumped for a RI/PC game that I can ever remember, especially after watching PC battle last night without their point guard. Putting the rivalry factor aside, I don't think we match up well at any position and the way we turn the ball over will be exposed against a Big East caliber opponent. PC 78 RI 64, hope I'm wrong.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Seems that the PC Athletic Dept doesn't agree with Ed Cooley. It is actually calling out his lies by labeling their game with URI on Saturday THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR. This was the email PC sent out on Monday:

PC Biggest Game of the year.png
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Win or lose, we never ducked ya pussies!

8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Win or lose, we never ducked ya pussies!
That was awesome! What was that Springsteen song, something about "glory days"...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Win or lose, we never ducked ya pussies!
That was awesome! What was that Springsteen song, something about "glory days"...
Taylor Ross is the GOAT when it comes to URI hype media.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Just win this damn game please!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I wonder if Cooley cancels this series before it goes back to the RC next year.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Was hoping to see Ruben (The Thug) Garces's sucker-punch of Mike Andersen from 1996.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I wonder if Cooley cancels this series before it goes back to the RC next year.
Very possible. He hates this game and doesn’t want to play any games on the road unless he absolutely has to such as with Conference challenge games that alternate home-home which he has no control over.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I wonder if Cooley cancels this series before it goes back to the RC next year.
Wouldn't be shocked if he tries to, but the AD may override him there.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tickets released on Cyber Monday - if that doesn’t tell you something

Lots of tickets available in majority of sections

Even with both teams winning last night prices continue to drop

Popularity of this game isn’t close to what is used to be in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s

Grabbed mine at half court, close to court, great deal, especially compared to years past. Cancelling last years Game and Covid fears rising likely driving interest/demand down and supply up.
83E4C330-904D-4BE1-8980-0518C8E5856F.png
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Tickets released on Cyber Monday - if that doesn’t tell you something

Popularity of this game isn’t close to what is used to be in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s

Or maybe people just don’t want to go to an ice hockey arena to watch basketball and chance getting stabbed walking to their car?
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago Tickets released on Cyber Monday - if that doesn’t tell you something

Or maybe people just don’t want to go to an ice hockey arena to watch basketball and chance getting stabbed walking to their car?
this has some play into that. and of course it's not a rivalry. so why would fans of a rivalry shell out hard earned $$ for a not a rivalry game?
1 x
:lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It’s always been in an ice hockey arena. Plus URI needs to win the A10 Tournament. This is a game to improve with but no At-Large bid likely for any A10 Team unless 1 barely sneaks in somehow.

25-6 record needed for an At-Large in my estimation and Prediction Contest. Hope springs eternal.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

this has some play into that. and of course it's not a rivalry. so why would fans of a rivalry shell out hard earned $$ for a not a rivalry game?
because the ticket cost will continue to drop by Saturday and the local media will try to pump up the game.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Grabbed mine at half court, close to court, great deal, especially compared to years past. Cancelling last years Game and Covid fears rising likely driving interest/demand down and supply up.

Ramster, I thought you weren't giving them any of your money?
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Malik will have to play a lot. They are big in the back court but up front we have a more formidable group. Watson is gonna get his points but doesn’t contribute much beyond that. Al Durham is the straw that stirs the drink for them and a very tough cover. Reminds me of a replica of Delroy James. Agree there is a concern Makhi/Makhel try to do too much here. We will need 1 of our guards to play their best game of the year.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

You beat PC with good basketball IQ, situational quickness, and hitting open shots. Not exactly rocket science.

You lose to PC with a poor defensive gameplan for Watson (or defensive rotations in general), without being able to break down the defense from the perimeter, or by missing open looks.

PC is going to win with toughness and by forcing mental lapses/stupid outcomes.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 2 years ago You beat PC with good basketball IQ, situational quickness, and hitting open shots. Not exactly rocket science.

You lose to PC with a poor defensive gameplan for Watson (or defensive rotations in general), without being able to break down the defense from the perimeter, or by missing open looks.

PC is going to win with toughness and by forcing mental lapses/stupid outcomes.
Watson seemed to have quite a bit of trouble last night when he was double teamed. Will be interesting to see if Cox sends two bodies at him.
0 x
Go Rhody
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

The key to stopping Watson is positioning. Texas Tech did a good job because Watson never really got the ball in scoring position. Usually his defender was able to deny the ball well off-the-block and if he did catch it, he was going to have to put the ball on-the-floor multiple times and the double was going to swipe it. If he gets position on the block he’ll score almost every time.

Now I can’t confirm it, but I also think Watson and possibly Horchler were sick last night. Watson sat extremely long stretches of the game while not in foul trouble, which was very unusual. He’s usually zipping all around the court on offense and didn’t seem to quite have that gas. Have to wonder if the bug that got to Reeves, Minaya, and Goodine spread to the bigs.

Lastly, I saw someone refer to Reeves as an inconsistent starter or something of the like. Reeves has only not started this year when he had a bug and was not 100%. Can go look up the quotes from Cooley after the Virginia game where he talks about Reeves health. If the team is doing anything, he’s a part of it. Hit some big shots in the TT game. If he’s left open it’s probably going in. Contested and he’ll likely rush and miss unless you let him really get going.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

I’m not. Buying tickets from someone else that already bought them. So the money was already spent. Nothing incremental going to the $4 million a year overpaid, overrated coach who cowardly cancelled last years game.

Plus I’m trying to root for URI to keep David Cox from getting fired.

In addition I really like this team. Guys are having fun, passing the ball, shooting well, blocking shots, playing excellent defense. I think this team is better than many think and they have the potential to make some good things happen. I’m not regretting my 25-6 prediction. May not happen but I think we are much better than last year.

This team is more fun to watch than the last 2 years of one guy doing most of dribbling and shooting plus guards getting badly beaten on defense from what my eyes observed. The Different look is refreshing to be honest. Don’t expect anyone to agree with me but for me this team is considerably more fun to watch than last years 10-15 record, 10th place finisher.

Go Rhody!
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

I’m not. Buying tickets from someone else that already bought them. So the money was already spent. Nothing incremental going to the $4 million a year overpaid, overrated coach who cowardly cancelled last years game.

In addition I really like this team. Guys are having fun, passing the ball, shooting well, blocking shots, playing excellent defense. I think this team is better than many think and they have the potential to make some good things happen. I’m not regretting my 25-6 prediction. May not happen but I think we are much better than last year.

This team is more fun to watch than the last 2 years of one guy doing most of dribbling and shooting plus guards getting badly beaten on defense from what my eyes observed. The Different look is refreshing to be honest. Don’t expect anyone to agree with me but for me this team is considerably more fun to watch than last years 10-15 record, 10th place finisher.

Go Rhody!
Just to let you know, I predicted 25-6 before you did. :lol:
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Go Rhody!
What an unbelievable spin zone you just put on buying your ticket.

Nothing but respect for you sticking to whatever hill you’re standing on.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Go Rhody!
So you got your tix on StubHub?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Go Rhody!
So you got your tix on StubHub?
Yep
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Doors will open at 12:30pm
0 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Fun story.

At work this week, a gentleman came in fully decked in PC gear. Hat, shirt, jacket, pants, the whole 9. Helped him out, had a great convo and he commended my assistance.

Passed off to a better POC for what he needed and continued on my day… but just can’t contain myself.

As he walked out, I point at the friar on his jacket and say “See ya on Saturday.” He looked back at me a little confused so I say, “I’m a Rhody alum, go Rams!”

He chuckles and says, “Should be a good one, two pretty evenly matched teams.” To which I reply, “Absolutely, as long as they don’t duck us again!”

Without missing a beat, he says, “Well that’s my fault.” Now me being the confused one, he clarifies, “You’re talking to the AD at PC.” …Amazing. We chuckle a bit, as it is obviously good natured jest.

I say, “Well when are you guys giving us two home games in a year then, you owe us!” Without missing a beat, he says, “Never.” Lol.

So I say, “Well the least you can do is get us in the Big East then.”

Good times. Bob seems like a great dude. Hope this story mad a couple of ya laugh!

Go Rhody
10 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I do agree with ramster that the team is funner to watch...
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago I do agree with ramster that the team is funner to watch...
I’ll add that I like El-Amin’s work ethic, leading by example and positive attitude. Seems to be infectious with the team.
I’ve wanted both Mitchell’s starting even before Cox made the move. So when he chose to start both to start the season I was all in with picking the best record in the contest.
Walker and Martin have been mature, positive and hard working off the bench. Their talent and experience are, and will continue to be, a strength as we move through the season. We really do have 7 starters.
Thomas is contributing confidence, leadership, enthusiasm and energy. No accident he played his most minutes yet last night. He is earning the right. Sees the floor well, anticipates moves by his teammates, passes well. His defense is great for just a freshman. He had some important steals last night.

I also like pregame warm ups better this year. No longer do I see Russell or anyone else shooting shots from mid-court during pregame warmups. Used to drive me nuts because I felt he and others should have been working on the shots he would be taking in the game situations.

Still plenty of room for improvement but team seems to be on the right track this season imho, fwiw.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

the_one_mike wrote: 2 years ago Fun story.

At work this week, a gentleman came in fully decked in PC gear. Hat, shirt, jacket, pants, the whole 9. Helped him out, had a great convo and he commended my assistance.

Passed off to a better POC for what he needed and continued on my day… but just can’t contain myself.

As he walked out, I point at the friar on his jacket and say “See ya on Saturday.” He looked back at me a little confused so I say, “I’m a Rhody alum, go Rams!”

He chuckles and says, “Should be a good one, two pretty evenly matched teams.” To which I reply, “Absolutely, as long as they don’t duck us again!”

Without missing a beat, he says, “Well that’s my fault.” Now me being the confused one, he clarifies, “You’re talking to the AD at PC.” …Amazing. We chuckle a bit, as it is obviously good natured jest.

I say, “Well when are you guys giving us two home games in a year then, you owe us!” Without missing a beat, he says, “Never.” Lol.

So I say, “Well the least you can do is get us in the Big East then.”

Good times. Bob seems like a great dude. Hope this story mad a couple of ya laugh!

Go Rhody
that's awesome hahaha
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago I do agree with ramster that the team is funner to watch...
I’ll add that I like El-Amin’s work ethic, leading by example and positive attitude. Seems to be infectious with the team.
I’ve wanted both Mitchell’s starting even before Cox made the move. So when he chose to start both to start the season I was all in with picking the best record in the contest.
Walker and Martin have been mature, positive and hard working off the bench. Their talent and experience are, and will continue to be, a strength as we move through the season. We really do have 7 starters.
Thomas is contributing confidence, leadership, enthusiasm and energy. No accident he played his most minutes yet last night. He is earning the right. Sees the floor well, anticipates moves by his teammates, passes well. His defense is great for just a freshman. He had some important steals last night.

I also like pregame warm ups better this year. No longer do I see Russell or anyone else shooting shots from mid-court during pregame warmups. Used to drive me nuts because I felt he and others should have been working on the shots he would be taking in the game situations.

Still plenty of room for improvement but team seems to be on the right track this season imho, fwiw.

It used to be that we would rank a game as "which team shows up", referring to the up and down nature of some teams.

For this team, it seems to apply to a single game and which team shows us in each half. Thinking of FGCU and Harvard and why does this happen?
I think some go it comes from Fatts Russell being such a dominant player in ball handling, shooting and overall time of possession for the past 3 years (not counting his Freshman year when he came off the bench. So it seems that this team is still finding itself. Not like we didn't have bad games and half with a 10th place A10 finish but this team is spreading the ball more across all 5 players. Langevine was more getting his own rebounds and cutbacks, same with Hassan Martin. Plays were not run for them as much as they got their own possessions. Now we are involving all 5 players on the floor much more than the past 3 years. The ball is sometimes touching all 5 players on a trip down the floor. May turn out better, maybe turn out worse in the long run - but it is certainly different and I think more fun and interesting to watch.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this game (which I may add should be at the Ryan Center - why should Rhody suffer because Cooley was too much of a coward to play last season? They should lose their home game!) but if we do have a lead in the second half we can't do what we did last night and let them back in it.
Please tell Cox not to slow it down and run the clock at the start of the second half if we are up double digits. He is having a hard time learning this!!!
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Guessing it will be PC 61/2 point favorites. Certainly not a cupcake game!
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

EFF
PEE
CEE
0 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox