Cars

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Cars

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm really intrigued about the new Acura Integra. I had a '06 RSX which was really a great, fast car. I find Acura's to be really solid cars, last for up to 300K miles and look good. I'm hoping the Integra, which was just teased in a release will be a 6 speed manual tranny, will be a really fast and dynamic car. I need a new car in the next year as I'm giving my Acura ILX to my youngest. Thoughts?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Cars

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Always a fan of Acura’s
0 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

They did a prototype reveal of the Integra. Yikes. Ugly AF. Looks like a Honda Crosstour with a tiny engine. They dismantled the Integra sports car name. Looks like my search continues for a car now. Audi or BMW maybe.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Been looking at all different cars at this point. Anyone own an Alpha Romeo Guilia? I like the look, and has a strong engine. If the Integra falls flat I'm thinking about that car.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

We just got done shopping, but entirely different market... :lol:
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Been looking at all different cars at this point. Anyone own an Alpha Romeo Guilia? I like the look, and has a strong engine. If the Integra falls flat I'm thinking about that car.
My wife's friend had one - her husband had a lease on it, but then was working overseas, so it became her daily driver. However, they live in Boston, and it's pretty much one of the worst cars you can have for that area. She didn't have any complaints about the car's performance, but it's pretty much built toward being a "let's see what this baby can do on the open road" kind of machine.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Thanks Steve. Being in South County, Rt 1 is pretty wide open, so that might work. Just wish is came with a manual transmission.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So I was at my local gas stop. Right across from Eastward Look. I pulled in and there was a new Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I went in and asked the guy is that your Alfa? He said yes. I told him I was looking at buying a Alfa Romeo Guilia. He said have you driven one? I said no but want to. He said do you have a few minutes? You can drive this one. And there I was tearing down 108 in an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I love this town. I left my car running at the gas pump lol.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So I was at my local gas stop. Right across from Eastward Look. I pulled in and there was a new Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I went in and asked the guy is that your Alfa? He said yes. I told him I was looking at buying a Alfa Romeo Guilia. He said have you driven one? I said no but want to. He said do you have a few minutes? You can drive this one. And there I was tearing down 108 in an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I love this town. I left my car running at the gas pump lol.
Have you returned it yet?
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So I was at my local gas stop. Right across from Eastward Look. I pulled in and there was a new Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I went in and asked the guy is that your Alfa? He said yes. I told him I was looking at buying a Alfa Romeo Guilia. He said have you driven one? I said no but want to. He said do you have a few minutes? You can drive this one. And there I was tearing down 108 in an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I love this town. I left my car running at the gas pump lol.
Have you returned it yet?
Hah. It was nice. Heated steering wheel. And fast. But the Stelvio is an suv type so not what I'm looking for. When I turned onto Burnside he said you can step on it. Went to 60 in about 5-6 seconds. NICE!!!! The guy was really nice, but so is everyone I have ever met in Narragansett. The guy was in line at the counter, never met him before.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I googled the Guilin. Nice car and relatively affordable. I expected it to be six figures.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I test drove an Alfa Romeo Giulia today. OMG!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Bought the Alfa Romeo today.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Bought the Alfa Romeo today.
Giulia? I had never seen one til today, then walked over to the gas station across the street, and boom, there it was...nice looking car. Was that you?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

That wasn’t me but if you see this it might be.
Attachments
6768A217-40BD-480B-B004-BF78D293233C.jpeg
2 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

what cars previously have you owned? and how does the alpha romeo compare?

I am a BMW man myself, but can't afford anything new lol, I like and buy the older models.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 1 year ago

I am a BMW man myself, but can't afford anything new lol, I like and buy the older models.
My last two were an 06 Acura RSX and a 14 Acura ILX. The RSX was very fast but they discontinued it. I've owned two Galants, a Civic and a Grand Am. Then I had a bunch of used cars like a Maverick and Corolla back in the 80's. When I met my wife she had a new Prelude which was a blast to drive. How does the Alfa compare? There is no comparison. I test drove the 2 and 3 series. I thought the Alfa was superior in all aspects.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

My last two were an 06 Acura RSX and a 14 Acura ILX. The RSX was very fast but they discontinued it. I've owned two Galants, a Civic and a Grand Am. Then I had a bunch of used cars like a Maverick and Corolla back in the 80's. When I met my wife she had a new Prelude which was a blast to drive. How does the Alfa compare? There is no comparison. I test drove the 2 and 3 series. I thought the Alfa was superior in all aspects.
I had a Prelude way back when also and it was a blast to drive. My first car with a stick and a sun roof. Good times.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

I had a Prelude way back when also and it was a blast to drive. My first car with a stick and a sun roof. Good times.
She also had a bag phone. Not sure if you remember them, but that was pre cell phone.
0 x