PC game 12/04

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

PC game 12/04

Unread post by section(105) »

…..just came across email, exclusive off for ticket offer RAMS Fund donors, range $40-$120……up to four tickets……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: PC game 12/04

Unread post by ramster »

Lindy’s Basketball Magazine just out has PC 8th in NBE. Too high imho.

https://247sports.com/college/providenc ... 75/?page=1

$30 million for PC Ruane Practice Facility
$4 million per year for Ed Cooley Coach for Life Salary
13-13 record last season and 9-10 in NBE
$0.00 I will pay after last seasons chicken shit move by this supremely overrated coach

Tickets will be very, very easy to come by for this 12 noon game.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Lindy’s Basketball Magazine just out has PC 8th in NBE. Too high imho.

$0.00 I will pay after last seasons chicken shit move by this supremely overrated coach

So...just to be clear on this....you are 'not' going to the game at the dunk this year, correct? ;)
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago Lindy’s Basketball Magazine just out has PC 8th in NBE. Too high imho.

So...just to be clear on this....you are 'not' going to the game at the dunk this year, correct? ;)
Yep
That is the correct answer :lol: :lol:
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I have not gone to a game in the dump since the year the Ryan Center opened. I will never go again. The stunt the overrated clown of a coach pulled last year solidified my decision.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Cooley has proven he can recruit and make the Dance, but he has also proven he can't win once there.

Plus he's a total boor.

I don't see them ever going any further than they have with him. He's reached his ceiling.

Of course, compared to us, I would take a Dance invite right now, any Dance invite!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PC-CFL is not dancing this year picked 8th preseason NBE
He used to recruit top 50 players but now he is losing most of his targets past few years since David Duke Class, and he is Taking transfers from mid majors. Plus pushed back in standings and recruiting by Hurley/UCONN.
Much less energy from his program. Lifetime contracts do that as we well know.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ah, here we are.

Our fans thinking they're holier than thou and skipping out on a rivalry game where bars and restaurants will be packed pre and post game, loud and sold out arena, beers in seats during games, a chance to boo Clown Cooley and hopefully watch us win.

Yes Cooley was chicken shit for ducking last year, yes he thinks his program is a blue blood, and yes everyone outside that school knows they are just an average P6 program.

If some of you want to stick to your morale high ground and be petty (for no actual legitimate reason), so be it.

I'm assuming there will be plenty of people here who will thoroughly enjoy pregaming before the game, drinking in seats during the game, cheering, yelling and booing Cooley in the only sold out game (driving distance wise) we will have this year.
1 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Have fun 15. Enjoy the event.
I go to every URI-PC game home and away for a long long time.

But screw PC and all the media that chose to not call him out on did chicken shit move

Honestly I would not enjoy it

But I’ll be at all the other OOC road games fwiw except maybe Charleston.

I’ll be shocked if the PC game is sold out. But don’t care.

What a freakin chicken shit move to end up 13-13, 9-10 in NBE and picked 8th in NBE by some preseason polls.

What a joke Of a head coach.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'm starting to wonder if cools just wants to push uri buttons any time he can and then chuckle about it after....not a bad strategy really...
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago I'm starting to wonder if cools just wants to push uri buttons any time he can and then chuckle about it after....not a bad strategy really...
Oh he 100% trolls the fanbase the week before the game saying it's not a rivalry, just another game, chastising the media telling them "you guys better all be here all season, not just this game" etc etc.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

He’s an idiot. Love that PC has him signed for life at $4 million a year and locked in. Beautiful.
Can’t make this stuff up.

Michigan’s best decision ever was to drop going after him a few years ago. What a sigh of relief for them.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Piss on the mental hospital.

Having done so, I highly recommend it.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Ah, here we are.

Our fans thinking they're holier than thou and skipping out on a rivalry game where bars and restaurants will be packed pre and post game, loud and sold out arena, beers in seats during games, a chance to boo Clown Cooley and hopefully watch us win.

Yes Cooley was chicken shit for ducking last year, yes he thinks his program is a blue blood, and yes everyone outside that school knows they are just an average P6 program.

If some of you want to stick to your morale high ground and be petty (for no actual legitimate reason), so be it.

I'm assuming there will be plenty of people here who will thoroughly enjoy pregaming before the game, drinking in seats during the game, cheering, yelling and booing Cooley in the only sold out game (driving distance wise) we will have this year.
This is the correct take.

Also it's an option to watch a game without a mask which is also nice. Also, you'll have WiFi. Also, you'll be able to get into the building in 3 minutes. Also, you can watch replays on their big screen. ALMOST LIKE EVERY OTHER SPORTING EVENT THAT ISN'T BASED IN KINGSTON.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Also it's an option to watch a game without a mask which is also nice. Also, you'll have WiFi. Also, you'll be able to get into the building in 3 minutes. Also, you can watch replays on their big screen. ALMOST LIKE EVERY OTHER SPORTING EVENT THAT ISN'T BASED IN KINGSTON.
Sounds great. Enjoy!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Sounds great. Enjoy!
As noted earlier...move all the home games there and I'd be at every one instead of rolling my tix to next year...
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

And it'll take an hour and a half to get out of the city after the game.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….yeah but, maybe there be an ATV/dirt bike “parade” going by to help pass the time on nite games…..
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….yeah but, maybe there be an ATV/dirt bike “parade” going by to help pass the time on nite games…..
Games at the dunk with no mask >>> Games at the Ry with masks...
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The Dunk is filthy. Going there without a mask vs seeing a game at Ryan with a mask seems stupid to me. Also I refuse to give PC any of my money.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Games at the dunk with no mask >>> Games at the Ry with masks...
Providence season tickets start as low as $180. Better make the move now!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago The Dunk is filthy. Going there without a mask vs seeing a game at Ryan with a mask seems stupid to me. Also I refuse to give PC any of my money.
Pick any game on Rhody's schedule. I'd rather watch it at the dunk with no mask, than at the Ry with a face flag...and I'm within walking distance of the Ryan Center....
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Imagine thinking you’re so important and being a URI fan trolling/berating other URI fans for going to the URI PC game lol. What a world.

Get off your high horses people, nobody think you’re special for skipping the game.
2 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Imagine thinking you’re so important and being a URI fan trolling/berating other URI fans for going to the URI PC game lol. What a world.

Get off your high horses people, nobody think you’re special for skipping the game.
Says the PC Troll / PC Fan himself.

Are we going to have yet another season of you masquerading as a URi fan? Really?

Come on man. Stop the con, it’s old.

Visit instead the New Mexico State Board to continue your string of 10,000+ berating posts of your least favorite (former) Ram.

Glad for you that your team is back playing URI and out of their Alumni Hall for the Dunk - fun.

Enjoy your $4 million a year CFL and your 8th place preseason predicted finish.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

The Rhody game at the dunk may be the only game I attend this year: no masks/beers in seats/pre and post game beers in walking distance. Sign me up.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago The Rhody game at the dunk may be the only game I attend this year: no masks/beers in seats/pre and post game beers in walking distance. Sign me up.
Sounds like beers are more important than the game to you.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago The Rhody game at the dunk may be the only game I attend this year: no masks/beers in seats/pre and post game beers in walking distance. Sign me up.
Can't speak for RR...but for me, beers aren't more important, but not wearing a mask is. By a lot. If they were to suddenly say, "no more beers at the Ryan, but you don't have to wear a mask...I'd be all in.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Imagine thinking you’re so important and being a URI fan trolling/berating other URI fans for going to the URI PC game lol. What a world.

Says the PC Troll / PC Fan himself.

Are we going to have yet another season of you masquerading as a URi fan? Really?

Come on man. Stop the con, it’s old.

Visit instead the New Mexico State Board to continue your string of 10,000+ berating posts of your least favorite (former) Ram.

Glad for you that your team is back playing URI and out of their Alumni Hall for the Dunk - fun.

Enjoy your $4 million a year CFL and your 8th place preseason predicted finish.
Who?
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Can't speak for RR...but for me, beers aren't more important, but not wearing a mask is. By a lot. If they were to suddenly say, "no more beers at the Ryan, but you don't have to wear a mask...I'd be all in.
I'll just never understand what is so difficult about wearing a mask (unless it's the principal of the matter). After a few minutes, I don't even realize I have it on until I eat or drink. It's kind of like contact lenses, a pain in the ass at first until you get used to them. I haven't seen a live basketball game in almost 20 months. A mask certainly isn't going to stop me from seeing one now.
6 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….yep, this, what Billyboy said……
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

For me, wearing a mask feels like wearing MOPP gear. I get flashbacks of the gas chamber I had to go through.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago For me, wearing a mask feels like wearing MOPP gear. I get flashbacks of the gas chamber I had to go through.
And I can respect that. Everyone is different. For me personally, it doesn't bother me at all. My daughter is a nurse. She's wears one for 12 hours and has always done that, even pre-Covid. My wife works in the schools and has to wear one for 7 hours. I haven't had to deal with wearing one all day since I'm retired. But wearing one for a 2 or 3 hours doesn't bother me. By the way, thank you for your service.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'll just never understand what is so difficult about wearing a mask (unless it's the principal of the matter). After a few minutes, I don't even realize I have it on until I eat or drink. It's kind of like contact lenses, a pain in the ass at first until you get used to them. I haven't seen a live basketball game in almost 20 months. A mask certainly isn't going to stop me from seeing one now.
I guess if you can just sit there quietly with your mouth shut for 2.5 hours and your face doesn't get a rash...it's fine. But if you can't then the thing is probably a damp disgusting petri dish of a mess within 30 minutes. Never mind how creepy sci-fi weird it looks, for me, it's about comfort, not principal, it's about being comfortable. Like I said, if they gave a choice...I would go see them play every game in the dunk if it meant not wearing a face flag.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I guess if you can just sit there quietly with your mouth shut for 2.5 hours and your face doesn't get a rash...it's fine. But if you can't then the thing is probably a damp disgusting petri dish of a mess within 30 minutes. Never mind how creepy sci-fi weird it looks, for me, it's about comfort, not principal, it's about being comfortable. Like I said, if they gave a choice...I would go see them play every game in the dunk if it meant not wearing a face flag.
So, how have people in the medical profession done it for all of these years? Are they always sick from those petri dishes? And they wear them for a lot longer than 2.5 hours. And it's totally comfortable to me. What are you wearing, one that's made out of metal or something?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So, how have people in the medical profession done it for all of these years? Are they always sick from those petri dishes? And they wear them for a lot longer than 2.5 hours. And it's totally comfortable to me. What are you wearing, one that's made out of metal or something?
You'd have to ask them, they signed up for it, so they must have it covered. I did not. Not sure why you're tracking me on this...if you want to wear them...go for it...I've never said not to, or that you shouldn't wear one, only that I'm not going to and that the rules around it are silly and arbitrary. See:. Dunk policy vs RC policy. Forget about 'who' is making the rules...(state or private)...that they're different...doesn't seem too science-based, but that could just be me.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You'd have to ask them, they signed up for it, so they must have it covered. I did not. Not sure why you're tracking me on this...if you want to wear them...go for it...I've never said not to, or that you shouldn't wear one, only that I'm not going to and that the rules around it are silly and arbitrary. See:. Dunk policy vs RC policy. Forget about 'who' is making the rules...(state or private)...that they're different...doesn't seem too science-based, but that could just be me.
My daughter has never complained about wearing a mask. She knows it protects both her and her patients.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

My daughter has never complained about wearing a mask. She knows it protects both her and her patients.
I'm not sure what that has to do with me, or anyone else that chooses to take a pass...but I'm sure you'll find a way.... ;)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm not sure what that has to do with me, or anyone else that chooses to take a pass...but I'm sure you'll find a way.... ;)
You said to ask them because they signed up for it. That was my response to that comment.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

You said to ask them because they signed up for it. That was my response to that comment.
I know at least one teacher that has to wear them all day, too...that is not renewing season tix because they don't want to wear it at a basketball game. So...here we are...I guess. Repeat:. I could care less who wears a mask or why they do so...I'm just not going to. Not sure why you want to shit on my choice so badly...when I could care less about yours....
0 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

I'm glad to see it's not just our board that has every thread devolve into Covid pissing contests.
6 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago For me, wearing a mask feels like wearing MOPP gear. I get flashbacks of the gas chamber I had to go through.
And I can respect that. Everyone is different. For me personally, it doesn't bother me at all. My daughter is a nurse. She's wears one for 12 hours and has always done that, even pre-Covid. My wife works in the schools and has to wear one for 7 hours. I haven't had to deal with wearing one all day since I'm retired. But wearing one for a 2 or 3 hours doesn't bother me. By the way, thank you for your service.

Nurses, pre covid, didnt wear a mask straight thru for there whole shift. They would only wear one during surgical procedures or while running a code. And not all of them wear one running a code. As for surgical procedures it is not there to protect the nurse it is used to prevent anything from going into the opening. They also don't wear the same mask the whole day. They are getting changed out frequently. Pre covid you would never see nurses wearing masks while at work. I used to be in the ERs daily and none of the Drs or nurses wore them.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

FDshoes wrote: 2 years ago

Nurses, pre covid, didnt wear a mask straight thru for there whole shift. They would only wear one during surgical procedures or while running a code. And not all of them wear one running a code. As for surgical procedures it is not there to protect the nurse it is used to prevent anything from going into the opening. They also don't wear the same mask the whole day. They are getting changed out frequently. Pre covid you would never see nurses wearing masks while at work. I used to be in the ERs daily and none of the Drs or nurses wore them.
When COVID first hit badly, in February or March of last year, because of shortages, she had to wear the same mask the entire 12 hour shift.
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

When COVID first hit badly, in February or March of last year, because of shortages, she had to wear the same mask the entire 12 hour shift.
Yes that is correct but you also stated pre covid as well. In surgery they still need To use fresh sterile ones Everytime. Not one nurse I talked during that period of time you are speaking of didn't complain or bitch about how dirty that was to wear the same mask in a ER for a whole shift. I say ER because when I was an EMT that's who I interacted with on a daily basis.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….think Rhody will beat the Smith Hill Saints?………
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yes that is correct but you also stated pre covid as well. In surgery they still need To use fresh sterile ones Everytime. Not one nurse I talked during that period of time you are speaking of didn't complain or bitch about how dirty that was to wear the same mask in a ER for a whole shift. I say ER because when I was an EMT that's who I interacted with on a daily basis.
Ok, I'm wrong on that. The majority of her nursing career has been during COVID, as she graduated from UVM in 2018 and started working in Pittsburgh at UPMC Mercy in July of '18, so I guess it just seems that way. So, about 18 months pre-COVID and about 22 months since with no end in sight as of now. It feels even much longer than 22 months.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago I'm glad to see it's not just our board that has every thread devolve into Covid pissing contests.
You can tell that Covid is bad because it's uniting URI and PC fans....
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago I'm glad to see it's not just our board that has every thread devolve into Covid pissing contests.
Which brings up the question......What's worse, a PC fan or a Trumper?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yes, it's always good to try to figger out "who's worse"....don't want to lose sight of that...keep fueling that division. Well done.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yes, it's always good to try to figger out "who's worse"....don't want to lose sight of that...keep fueling that division. Well done.
It's a light hearted question. I didn't expect an answer. I think it's obvious.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

A Biden voter?
2 x