'22 PA SG- Daniel Skillings (Cincy)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

'22 PA SG- Daniel Skillings (Cincy)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

placeholder
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: '22 PA SG- Daniel Skillings

Unread post by Jersey77 »

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Temple recruiting him hard, currently the favorite to land him.

0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

So, for all the posters that are getting crazy about Cox recruiting 2star guys....Skillings is a 2 star and that isn’t deterring other schools from offering him.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I would put more weight on who is recruiting these players hard, than how many stars they have.

There is definitely a pattern where URI/Cox will offer a player like this, and then within two weeks they have a half dozen offers from high majors. We are trying to leave no stone unturned, looking for that diamond that falls through the cracks, and it seems there are a lot of other teams out there doing the same thing, and determined to make sure we don't get that player.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

jcru wrote: 2 years ago I would put more weight on who is recruiting these players hard, than how many stars they have.

There is definitely a pattern where URI/Cox will offer a player like this, and then within two weeks they have a half dozen offers from high majors. We are trying to leave no stone unturned, looking for that diamond that falls through the cracks, and it seems there are a lot of other teams out there doing the same thing, and determined to make sure we don't get that player.
Thank you for sharing REASON. Bingo.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

His interest continues to grow, B10 steps in.

0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago So, for all the posters that are getting crazy about Cox recruiting 2star guys....Skillings is a 2 star and that isn’t deterring other schools from offering him.
Good point, but, 2 stars after Junior year is different than 2 stars after graduation. Guessing his next ranking will be 3 or 4.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago So, for all the posters that are getting crazy about Cox recruiting 2star guys....Skillings is a 2 star and that isn’t deterring other schools from offering him.
Good point, but, 2 stars after Junior year is different than 2 stars after graduation. Guessing his next ranking will be 3 or 4.
He just had a strong showing at the NBA TOP 100 camp. Safe to say, his stock is soaring RN.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

New basketball recruiting site ON3 has Daniel Skillings currently ranked #41 nationally for '22.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

We’re in serious competition.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Pee Cee offered this kid, didn’t they?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He and Ty are high priority.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

According to 247 he was supposed to officially visit Cincy this past weekend. He is considered the top senior recruit in Phllly.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago According to 247 he was supposed to officially visit Cincy this past weekend. He is considered the top senior recruit in Phllly.
He did visit Cincy. Left without committing.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Does he have a visit scheduled with us?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Is he visiting Kingston?
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

“My recruitment is still open,” he said. “These are just the top 10 who have been interested in me for a long time. I just visited Cincinnati and will be visiting Pittsburgh today, NC State on September 17th and Miami on September 24th.”

Well ok then.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago He and Ty are high priority.
With both seeming likely to go a different path, I’m looking forward to seeing how the staff changes focus, I wonder if the team and staff will need to show a solid season on the court before some of these types of high school recruits will sign on. I think they also need a guy like Leggett to really take off so they can show how they develop a good freshman.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ace wrote: 2 years ago
With both seeming likely to go a different path, I’m looking forward to seeing how the staff changes focus, I wonder if the team and staff will need to show a solid season on the court before some of these types of high school recruits will sign on. I think they also need a guy like Leggett to really take off so they can show how they develop a good freshman.
Yes, certainly more success on the court will help in recruiting. Ty replaced our visit with Illinois and both seem to be leaning towards P6 schools.
Maybe getting more national exposure with these bigger conferences will give these players better NIL opportunities plus a greater chance to reach the next level.
I stated earlier several times that it would be a huge longshot ultimately signing these 2 recruits, so this isn't a big surprise for me.
Recruiting these caliber HS/Prep talents will become increasingly more difficult for schools like us, but again not impossible.
The transfer portal will continue to play a big role in finding these players who get discouraged at some of the P6 schools.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

NIL will eventually bury mid majors.
0 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago NIL will eventually bury mid majors.
Unfortunately, I agree with this take. This, along with the no transfer sit out rule, is going to kill the game of college basketball that I love so much. Yes if you root for a P5 team nothing changes and may get better, but this is brutal for the rest of the teams. It is quite painful to watch this unfold. Only a matter of time before the P5 breaks away and does their own basketball tournament. Quite frankly sucks the way this is trending. Hope I am wrong about this.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This is simply not true. The average NIL deal after 3 months of market opening is 500 bucks per athlete. I have not seen VCU announce any NIL deals and they are killing it on recruiting trail. Same for Dayton. Great coaches and good programs will always find good prospects.
4 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
This is simply not true. The average NIL deal after 3 months of market opening is 500 bucks per athlete. I have not seen VCU announce any NIL deals and they are killing it on recruiting trail. Same for Dayton. Great coaches and good programs will always find good prospects.
Whatever fits your agenda. You’re clearly oblivious.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DC_Rams wrote: 2 years ago
Name calling another one of the most loyal fans this board has ever had.. What a surprise!

Is it going to be harder? 100%... I still believe that good programs, and more importantly, great coaches will find ways to succeed. Have we ever had a more talented era of basketball? We can still land strong D1 players that, under the right coaching, can compete for a bid.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I agree, I think the pivot from Rodgers/Skillings will be interesting to follow. This staff was forced to pivot from Dahmir Bishop & Anthony Walker a few years ago and ended up with Greg Hammond and Marial Mading. Hopefully, we yield some better results this time around.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Lol. Can you list off all those NIL deals that VCU has been leveraging in recruiting? Yeah I didn’t think so. Oblivious? I literally work in this field you asshat.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

Name calling another one of the most loyal fans this board has ever had.. What a surprise!

Is it going to be harder? 100%... I still believe that good programs, and more importantly, great coaches will find ways to succeed. Have we ever had a more talented era of basketball? We can still land strong D1 players that, under the right coaching, can compete for a bid.
I don't like name calling either. But DC RAMS is a shithead....sorry.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

The irony of him saying I have an agenda is peak internet culture.
3 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago The irony of him saying I have an agenda is peak internet culture.
He thinks anyone who does not consistently acknowledge how difficult Dave’s job is has some kind of vendetta against him. I think the reality is that about 3 people want Cox fired now, and the rest just want URI to be successful, with most people hoping Cox is the guy to do it.
8 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago The irony of him saying I have an agenda is peak internet culture.
He thinks anyone who does not consistently acknowledge how difficult Dave’s job is has some kind of vendetta against him. I think the reality is that about 3 people want Cox fired now, and the rest just want URI to be successful, with most people hoping Cox is the guy to do it.
Bingo! My “agenda” is for URI to be good at basketball and make NCAA tournaments. The quickest way to that outcome is with our current coach and staff. However I am not going to whine about how hard it is bc it has always been hard at URI and yet 4 different coaches in my lifetime have done it.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bingo! My “agenda” is for URI to be good at basketball and make NCAA tournaments. The quickest way to that outcome is with our current coach and staff. However I am not going to whine about how hard it is bc it has always been hard at URI and yet 4 different coaches in my lifetime have done it.
Hopefully nobody will sit back and whine about it.

I just think the staff is going to have to work that much harder in finding and closing the deal on those talented players who are a fit, not just the higher profiled ones.

I am still very confident in their ability to get it done.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

My agenda, if you can call it that, is also to see URI BB win and make NCAA tournaments.

I just don't think we have the staff to do it right now.

Cox has this year to show major improvement...if not then see ya.

Nothing new I know.

And I agree with Billyboy's opinion of DC Rams.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Another thread hijacked by juvenile name calling.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

All football schools
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

How about instead of shitposting and name calling you provide facts like bigappleram did?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x