Bias Resource Team?

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Bias Resource Team?

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Bias Resource Team?

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

And there are still some that don't think we need a puke emoji here?
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Oh my lord. Thank god I graduated when I did.
1 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

It's insane!

Marxism at its finest.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Joined the Army in 85 and volunteered to go to the Fulda Gap. I loved flipping off the commies.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Joined the Army in 85 and volunteered to go to the Fulda Gap. I loved flipping off the commies.

Who knew that 36 years later we'd have communists in our own back yard.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I understand how this maybe seems a little soft (and also pretty harmless and clearly well-intentioned), but what the hell does it have to do with communism? Lol people love saying things they don't like are communism. This literally could not have less to do with communism or marxism. I think some of us are listening to too much talk radio or spending too much time on facebook. Yeesh.
9 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Because maybe a BRT seems to some, like Thought Police? Bias is not action, it's thought...action may come from it, but it's still thoughts or feelings, not action. And, organizations are trying to police it.

From the form:
"If you selected "Another Type of Bias Not Listed", please describe the perceived bias below"

That's not, 'what happened?', that's..."how did someone give you the sads?"

At work, I had to go through 5-6 hours of calls and meetings because someone in a meeting said that it didn't seem like we had a secure border. Someone told someone else they thought that created a hostile environment...and we were off to the administrative, time-wasting races...
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

You can think it is soft if you want and I'm sure you can find someone who has the time to debate you on that (it won't be me). But you can't say it is communist. That doesn't even make sense. Communism is a type of economic system, it isn't a set of views on social issues.
5 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Higher(Brain washed) Education at its finest.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago You can think it is soft if you want and I'm sure you can find someone who has the time to debate you on that (it won't be me). But you can't say it is communist. That doesn't even make sense. Communism is a type of economic system, it isn't a set of views on social issues.

Well, you are wrong, it's what they do in China and China is communist...... Not sure if you've heard of the points system they have but it's essentially the same type of principles.

No need to worry about not having time to debate me because I am correct that this is a complete and utter joke. Every former and current faculty/staff I've spoken to has also thought it was ridiculous.

In theory, you can go to this Bias Resource Team for ANYTHING.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

China Communism.

Three-anti and Five-anti Campaigns
The Thought Reform Movement ended by 1952 and it was merged with the Three-anti/five-anti campaigns. As a result, the Central Committee Department of Propaganda has taken ideological control of China's cultural and educations systems.[8]

According to Robert Jay Lifton, the CPC's program of thought reform emerged as one of the most powerful efforts at propaganda ever undertaken, and included imposed doctrines, ideological purges, and mass conversion movements carried out in an organized and comprehensive way.[9] The thought reform program was applied in universities, schools, special "revolutionary colleges", prisons, businesses and government offices, and peasant organisations. It brought significant personal upheaval to the individuals affected.[9]
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yay, another one of this threads..
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Yay, another one of this threads..
Another Bias Resource thread? Or were you referring to something different?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Another thread where people on the left and people on the right will both argue and not agree with the other.

Exhibit A, the covid thread from last year.

My two cents is I couldn’t care less about this and people seem to want to argue just for the sake of arguing.

People saying this is “communism” is absolute laugh out loud funny though.
3 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Another thread where people on the left and people on the right will both argue and not agree with the other.

Exhibit A, the covid thread from last year.

My two cents is I couldn’t care less about this and people seem to want to argue just for the sake of arguing.

People saying this is “communism” is absolute laugh out loud funny though.
So, you think this BRT is a necessary and good use of resources. Got it.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago China Communism.

The Thought Reform Movement ended by 1952 and it was merged with the Three-anti/five-anti campaigns. As a result, the Central Committee Department of Propaganda has taken ideological control of China's cultural and educations systems.[8]

According to Robert Jay Lifton, the CPC's program of thought reform emerged as one of the most powerful efforts at propaganda ever undertaken, and included imposed doctrines, ideological purges, and mass conversion movements carried out in an organized and comprehensive way.[9] The thought reform program was applied in universities, schools, special "revolutionary colleges", prisons, businesses and government offices, and peasant organisations. It brought significant personal upheaval to the individuals affected.[9]
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago You can think it is soft if you want and I'm sure you can find someone who has the time to debate you on that (it won't be me). But you can't say it is communist. That doesn't even make sense. Communism is a type of economic system, it isn't a set of views on social issues.

Well, you are wrong, it's what they do in China and China is communist...... Not sure if you've heard of the points system they have but it's essentially the same type of principles.

No need to worry about not having time to debate me because I am correct that this is a complete and utter joke. Every former and current faculty/staff I've spoken to has also thought it was ridiculous.

Saying this is communist because it reminds you of something that happens in China is like saying school shootings are capitalism because those happen in America. It makes no sense. Capitalism is an economic theory/system. Communism is a competing economic theory/system. Those terms reference who in a society owns and controls resources and systems of production. I'm not even arguing with you guys about the underlying bias thing, which I think is kind of silly but also harmless. I'm just saying you shouldn't use words when you don't know what they mean, or if you do know what they mean you shouldn't use them incorrectly on purpose.
7 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Can someone get URI dropout Candace Owens thoughts on this matter?

/s
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago China Communism.

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

Saying this is communist because it reminds you of something that happens in China is like saying school shootings are capitalism because those happen in America. It makes no sense. Capitalism is an economic theory/system. Communism is a competing economic theory/system. Those terms reference who in a society owns and controls resources and systems of production. I'm not even arguing with you guys about the underlying bias thing, which I think is kind of silly but also harmless. I'm just saying you shouldn't use words when you don't know what they mean, or if you do know what they mean you shouldn't use them incorrectly on purpose.
You have to be brainwashed to think communism is good. Plain and simple.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

And on that note, it’s time to LOCK HER UP!

(The thread of course)
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LOL. Locking up a thread because people think communism is a threat? Here's another.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Darn cancel culture strikes again…

“Therefore, effective immediately, general political discussion is no longer welcome on KeaneyBlue. Those who would like to discuss politics are urged to explore other venues.” - Mods 4 years ago.

I heard the URI Forum on Parler is lit though.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So when the University get's political, we can't discuss it?
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Where did URI get political in their press release?

https://web.uri.edu/brt/?fbclid=IwAR1dz ... lCM7dy7Acg
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 2 years ago Where did URI get political in their press release?

https://web.uri.edu/brt/?fbclid=IwAR1dz ... lCM7dy7Acg
If you can't read between the lines not sure what to say.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Exactly, they didn’t. Look, I’m on a cross country flight so I can keep dunking on you all day in this thread if you want to keep going.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 2 years ago Exactly, they didn’t. Look, I’m on a cross country flight so I can keep dunking on you all day in this thread if you want to keep going.
So, you 'can't' read or 'won't acknowledge what's between the lines? Which is it?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

There was nothing political in the release, bottom line.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 2 years ago There was nothing political in the release, bottom line.
Now you're just being that way on purpose...
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Okay, so please show me where URI “got political”.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I didn’t say that the bias thing or communism is good or bad. I just said that the bias thing is not communism and has nothing to do with communism.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I didn’t say that the bias thing or communism is good or bad. I just said that the bias thing is not communism and has nothing to do with communism.
So, what you're saying is that communism was a red herring? #clue
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Ok, so would you say the bias thing is good? And if it is, since it's being pushed at a public institution, which thus makes it political, which political genre would it fall under?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Can honestly say that I don’t care about it one way or the other. As I’ve said here previously, it seems kind of soft and silly but it’s also clearly well-intentioned. It doesn’t move the needle for me either way.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Communism is economic, seems like most communist states are also a form of a dictatorship and we lump them together causing confusion or generalization of terms.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It is definitely 'intentioned', but I would hardly say it is 'well' intentioned.
0 x