Roster Changes

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Bo Bo
Frenchy Tomlin

Roster Changes

Unread post by Bo Bo »

Coming Soon.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Roster Changes

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This better be good and soon.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Bo Bo wrote: 2 years agoComing Soon.
That is quite a little tidbit to throw out there, interesting.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Any more hints Bo Bo?
0 x
Bo Bo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bo Bo »

Addition by subtraction.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bo Bo wrote: 2 years ago Addition by subtraction.
One opening so far, who knows what will be with any others. I believe the deadline has been extended this year to 7/1 for entering the portal and qualifying for the one-time transfer no-sit rule.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

So either someone who is a cancer or playing too much.

Would have to assume Carey or Harris? Unaware of any off court issues with either though.

I love the cryptic guessing game.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Yeah was thinking Carey myself.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Do we have a new insider here? First post is announcing Bozeman before it came out, and now this news.

(Please let it be who I want.)
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I believe I saw Carey and Berry at the URI Dunkin event last week. My guess is someone didn’t come back to start the summer session.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Harris
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Do we have a new insider here? First post is announcing Bozeman before it came out, and now this news.

(Please let it be who I want.)
Bo bo knows
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years agoHarris
That would be my guess.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Thanks for the heads up, coach!
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Harris
Last edited by KingstonLane 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......for me, it does not so much what is subtracted(Carey/Harris).......but what is added......that could be a push.......at our level and what is available in the clearance rack........
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Just saw on IG Jeremy Sheppard is out in Cali. Hopefully just a Vacation and not a visit.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodylocal wrote: 2 years ago Just saw on IG Jeremy Sheppard is out in Cali. Hopefully just a Vacation and not a visit.
Was in Kingston last week. That would definitely NOT be addition by subtraction.
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

If Harris leaves, the roster is 7 transfers and 4 recruits. Welcome to college basketball 2021.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
That would be my guess.
I hope this is wrong, BUT his Instagram is wiped clean of all photos but one from October 8, 2019.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
That would be my guess.
I hope this is wrong, BUT his Instagram is wiped clean of all photos but one from October 8, 2019.
Many of us guessed JH would be the first transfer but DJ beat him out, if this does happen. I don’t count Fatts because he graduated and played 4 years. Would make sense though with Makhi back and freshman Ileri and Samb. Akeem would be a possible replacement.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Harris was promising and started off well with some highlights in previous years, but hes fallen off a cliff.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Harris was promising and started off well with some highlights in previous years, but hes fallen off a cliff.
His highest rebounding total (10) came in his first career game, and his best game stretch was sophomore year against WKU, MTSU (17 and 7, easily his best overall game), and Brown. Was the only time he scored in double figures multiple games in a row.

Besides that, he was a total and complete liability.

If he is the one to go, addiction by subtraction indeed.

A replacement for him would be a positive by default, I can't see us taking in someone worse.
1 x
Go Rhody
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Amazing that 90% of this board wanted Cox as coach in part or in total because of roster continuity/2018 recruiting class. At least a six year bad decision to hire him.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Gonebarongone wrote: 2 years ago Amazing that 90% of this board wanted Cox as coach in part or in total because of roster continuity/2018 recruiting class. At least a six year bad decision to hire him.
Careful, there is a chance you may end up eating your words.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

It's not like that's ever happened before. ;)
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

I thought Harris was going to transfer after last season after watching him on Cyril’s IG saying he had an announcement to make.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Harris and Cox supposedly have a special relationship going back many years. And Harris wants to transfer? If Cox can't keep him here, he can't keep anybody here.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Harris and Cox supposedly have a special relationship going back many years. And Harris wants to transfer? If Cox can't keep him here, he can't keep anybody here.
He didn’t keep Fatts here? Coulda swore he did.

Harris might see a bunch of players in front of him, and simply wants more playing time. Probably has nothing to do with Cox as a person/coach.
0 x
Go Rhody
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Gonebarongone wrote: 2 years ago Amazing that 90% of this board wanted Cox as coach in part or in total because of roster continuity/2018 recruiting class. At least a six year bad decision to hire him.
Would be happy to be wrong. The 2020 and 21 classes are very underwhelming. He's very limited when it comes to coaching any type of offense. If you are betting, the chance of him making a tournament at Rhody is probably 7/1. It's just a matter of how long a leash he has. There is almost nothing that is on an upward trend.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Harris and Cox supposedly have a special relationship going back many years. And Harris wants to transfer? If Cox can't keep him here, he can't keep anybody here.
If he does transfer, I don't think it is about his relationship with Cox.
More like minutes and trying to make more of an impact elsewhere.
He currently has the twins and Walker ahead of him in the rotation.
He also may be frustrated about his lingering injuries and wants a change of scenery, might improve his chances and luck.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I think Cox knows that Harris isn't good enough to play at this level. It's best for Harris to go play at a lower level and hopefully contribute. I don't see how he would get any minutes this year unless we had injuries. Even then I'd rather see if Samb can play. I feel really bad for the kid because he had so much hype coming into his freshman year. I wish him nothing but the best if he does decide to leave
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Gonebarongone wrote: 2 years ago
Would be happy to be wrong. The 2020 and 21 classes are very underwhelming. He's very limited when it comes to coaching any type of offense. If you are betting, the chance of him making a tournament at Rhody is probably 7/1. It's just a matter of how long a leash he has. There is almost nothing that is on an upward trend.
"IF" he can keep the core intact, we may have a decent chance of making the "Dance" in 22-23, this coming season however is doubtful.
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

I feel like Harris would probably end up at Bryant if he transfers. Old HS coach is an assistant under Grasso.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Gonebarongone wrote: 2 years ago
ftfy
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
That would be my guess.
It’s been like that for weeks if not months.

*redacted*

I could imagine the staff didn’t love that if they ever pay attention to that sort of thing
Last edited by KingstonLane 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

More or less? This post should be removed.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane
Why would you post something like that?

As DC_Rams would say, players and their families and their friends read this board.
Doesn’t matter which player on our team or any team, doesn’t even need to be a player - statements and accusations like this are clearly out of bounds.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Harris might see a bunch of players in front of him, and simply wants more playing time. Probably has nothing to do with Cox as a person/coach.
The new transfer rule wasn't in effect during Fatts 4 years here. As far as Harris not being good, he was very highly rated coming out of high school and didn't develop here. Isn't that also on the coaching?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

The new transfer rule wasn't in effect during Fatts 4 years here. As far as Harris not being good, he was very highly rated coming out of high school and didn't develop here. Isn't that also on the coaching?
You didn’t say anything about the transfer rule in your original post, so Cox definitely gets credit for keeping Fatts here. With the coaching change, Fatts probably had a decent chance of getting a waiver to play immediately.

And it’s pretty clear Harris was extremely overrated coming out of high school. As far as him not developing (and maybe even regressing), I’d say most of it can be on coaching, with the other factors being injury, work ethic, motivation to get better, etc.
0 x
Go Rhody
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago KingstonLane
Why would you post something like that?

As DC_Rams would say, players and their families and their friends read this board.
Doesn’t matter which player on our team or any team, doesn’t even need to be a player - statements and accusations like this are clearly out of bounds.
He was posting it on his insta story, it wasn’t exactly secret information. I’ll delete the context for the sake of family/friends, but if someone wants to hide something that’s generally not how it’s done
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You didn’t say anything about the transfer rule in your original post, so Cox definitely gets credit for keeping Fatts here. With the coaching change, Fatts probably had a decent chance of getting a waiver to play immediately.

And it’s pretty clear Harris was extremely overrated coming out of high school. As far as him not developing (and maybe even regressing), I’d say most of it can be on coaching, with the other factors being injury, work ethic, motivation to get better, etc.
I think Dan also encouraged Fatts to stay at URI.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

78 is there anything you aren’t negative about?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago

78 is there anything you aren’t negative about?
When it comes to the current coaching situation, no. I'm positive about lots of other things.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Of the people I know that are more connected to the current situation concerning Rhody hoops, very few have hopes of a good season ahead.

Sorry it's just the way it is. Don't expect any miracles from this staff.

Mid pack A10 this season at best, seems to be the general consensus.

Most expect Cox to be gone after the coming season, along with half [if not more] of the roster, clearing the way for another coach to build up again.

It's going to require more patience from those of us who want change sooner than later.

We are clearly an A10 mid pack program again, at least for a while.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

A coach who is or might be short can't recruit. If you can't recruit you can't build or maintain a high quality program. I've seen this movie before.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Of the people I know that are more connected to the current situation concerning Rhody hoops, very few have hopes of a good season ahead.

Sorry it's just the way it is. Don't expect any miracles from this staff.

Mid pack A10 this season at best, seems to be the general consensus.

Most expect Cox to be gone after the coming season, along with half [if not more] of the roster, clearing the way for another coach to build up again.

It's going to require more patience from those of us who want change sooner than later.

We are clearly an A10 mid pack program again, at least for a while.
It doesn't take some secret insider with connections to the program to know next season probably isn't going to be all that good. Someone could've watched this program last year for the first time ever and know next season isn't going to be the best.

Also, nice seeing this post for the 408048309534095230th time.
2 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

15, another pain in the ass.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago 15, another pain in the ass.
I (along with multiple others) just don’t understand how you can post the same thing daily in multiple threads over and over again.

This thread is about a soon to be roster change, and you somehow managed, yet again, to post “Cox is the worst, he’s gotta go now, he’s not the one to lead us, everything is the worst and the sky is falling.”

Nobody changed the subject, it was all on topic, and you felt the need to post your usual depressed doom and gloom bs for no reason at all.
6 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

So who's out?
0 x