Games of interest - Rest of Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Games of interest - Rest of Season

Unread post by Obadiah »

This past week's URI home losses were in direst contrast to the Rams' previous performance versus both opponents and makes it clear that the URI trajectory is in a downward spiral. As such, URI prospects for post season action are negligible, so I am ending the weekly games of interest thread since the work involved in tracking URI OOC opponents, the weekly polls, the daily schedule, and the key URI metrics has become meaningless.

While the prime focus of the weekly thread has been on A-10 games and games involving URI OOOC opponents, it has always been open to comments on any other interesting games forum posters were riveted on. In that spirit, this new thread becomes the place to discuss any games or developments in college basketball for the rest of season.

In Monday's Top 25 action, #1 Gonzaga travels to play at BYU, the number 2 team in the WCC. If Gonzaga is to suffer a loss in the regular season, this specific game has that possibility. Gonzaga won their earlier meeting in Spokane, 86-69. Late start, 11 PM on ESPN.
10 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Games of interest - Rest of Season

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Thank you for the work you put in tracking games each season
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Hell yea i love the pivot
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

OB you're one of the central reasons that this board has been readable in the midst of this miscarriage of a season.

Thank you for all that you do to give fanatics like us a place to go!

Fantastic pivot, as I anticipate this thread will be full of "how far can PC fall" tracking.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

It's really a bad year when for some of us our only consolation is, "Well, at least PC lost." That is of no consolation to me. I want (as we all do) for URI to be good, first and foremost. PC doing bad is merely a bonus and in the grand scheme of things, what they do means little to me. I really only notice if PC is playing if I'm on Koch's Twitter looking for URI stuff as he tweets about both teams. Unless both are playing the same day, it is rare that I know when PC is playing, because I frankly couldn't care less about that team.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago It's really a bad year when for some of us our only consolation is, "Well, at least PC lost." That is of no consolation to me. I want (as we all do) for URI to be good, first and foremost. PC doing bad is merely a bonus and in the grand scheme of things, what they do means little to me. I really only notice if PC is playing if I'm on Koch's Twitter looking for URI stuff as he tweets about both teams. Unless both are playing the same day, it is rare that I know when PC is playing, because I frankly couldn't care less about that team.
I have typically been in your state of mind. That was until PC thought it was too big time to play their in-state rival. Then I was rooting for PC to lose no matter what happened this year.

Obviously I would rather URI be good than anything else, but fuck PC this year. Fuck them hard.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
I have typically been in your state of mind. That was until PC thought it was too big time to play their in-state rival. Then I was rooting for PC to lose no matter what happened this year.

Obviously I would rather URI be good than anything else, but fuck PC this every year. Fuck them hard.
FIFY
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago It's really a bad year when for some of us our only consolation is, "Well, at least PC lost." That is of no consolation to me. I want (as we all do) for URI to be good, first and foremost. PC doing bad is merely a bonus and in the grand scheme of things, what they do means little to me. I really only notice if PC is playing if I'm on Koch's Twitter looking for URI stuff as he tweets about both teams. Unless both are playing the same day, it is rare that I know when PC is playing, because I frankly couldn't care less about that team.

Obviously I would rather URI be good than anything else, but fuck PC this year. Fuck them hard.
I can't disagree with that sentiment either. I choose not to waste my energy or thoughts on that POS team and their arrogant A hole of coach, other than if I happen to see that they lost, I say to myself "good" and move on with my life.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Good game VCU-Dayton going on. A 3 Fest.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Some teams complain about the lost season and drown their sorrows by listing other teams doing poorly - misery loves company.

Then you have teams that take advantage of the situation, overcome obstacles and demonstrate strength - like VCU.

VCU handled Dayton today winning by 9 at Dayton. VCU was picked preseason to finish 9th in the A10.

Now (14-4) (7-2) tied with St Bonaventure for 1st in A10.

7E2FE7E8-736F-4DD2-84F4-A9990A0FF957.jpeg
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

And they just lost a player.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Terrible effort Dayton turns it over 16 to VCU 8 that’s your difference
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Uconn finds out that Hurley can't beat Cooley.. bet boneyard will be fun tonight...
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NET #93 pc beat NET #51 uconn. Who cares. Both teams are not dancing unless they win their conf tournament.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

UConn has now lost four of their last five games. The absence of Bouknight has had a big impact.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

If Bouknight comes back soon and UConn can finish strong they definitely have a shot to get in without winning their conf tourney. Bracket matrix had them in as of before the game, and the committee will sometimes factor in injuries. The UConn and Hurley names also carry some weight, so I wouldn't count them out just yet.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago NET #93 pc beat NET #51 uconn. Who cares. Both teams are not dancing unless they win their conf tournament.
    Damn. I was rooting for a double forfeit so they’d both lose.
    0 x
    Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago Uconn finds out that Hurley can't beat Cooley.. bet boneyard will be fun tonight...
    Yes how is their board handling it ?? Are they bashing DH ??
    0 x
    ram1980
    Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Just a boneyard sample..

Hurley has a lot of questions he needs to answer. His offensive gameplan is non existent and the defense has been getting worse and worse. We’re out of the tournament at this point and running out of time to get back in. Just a disgusting performance today against a team that is absolutely terrible

it’s become a chore to watch this team again.

Ok we'll take him back
    3 x
    LIRAM
    Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

They are crushing Dan. The Boneyard makes us look soft. They are brutal and have turned fast. If Dan doesn't get them in this year and struggles next year things will get real dicey. He has a great class coming in but 4 years without a bid?

Ace, just a crazy thought but would Dan ever come back to Rhody? Kidding not Kidding. It's evident the Uconn natives are turning. I think we all would accept Coach Hurley with open arms.
    2 x
    Rhody15
    Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

UConn has had 2/3 pauses where they can’t have any activity as well as their best player out for multiple games.

Not surprised they’ve been bad the last few games, can’t imagine they have any sort of rhythm having to pause all those times.
    1 x
    Go Rhody
    bigappleram
    Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

LIRAM wrote: 3 years ago They are crushing Dan. The Boneyard makes us look soft. They are brutal and have turned fast. If Dan doesn't get them in this year and struggles next year things will get real dicey. He has a great class coming in but 4 years without a bid?

Ace, just a crazy thought but would Dan ever come back to Rhody? Kidding not Kidding. It's evident the Uconn natives are turning. I think we all would accept Coach Hurley with open arms.
    I also wouldn’t use the fan message board to gauge the overall pulse on how he’s perceived by the powers that matter (admin, alumni players, Calhoun and big boosters). They are all that matters at UConn.
    0 x
    LIRAM
    Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Correct BAR. I'm sure Dan is appreciated by all that matter at Uconn. It's hard to image not being impressed by Dan.
    BUt... Uconn has a spoiled fan base and a state that is in financial trouble. Athletics is losing millions and millions each year. The big east will help getting them out of the financial hole but they are struggling. How long does that FOX contract bail these teams out?

Every coach in the country with the exception of maybe a few dozen would be on the hot seat if they are used to winning national championships and struggle to even make the tournament. Dan new what he was getting into and I'm sure he will be fulling supported. I'm also certain that if given time Dan will be very successful at Uconn. Just stirring up some dialogue.
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bouknight getting hurt could cost them a bid , there is a lot of time left I wouldn’t count them out just yet
    0 x
    RhowdyRam02
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

LIRAM wrote: 3 years ago They are crushing Dan. The Boneyard makes us look soft. They are brutal and have turned fast. If Dan doesn't get them in this year and struggles next year things will get real dicey. He has a great class coming in but 4 years without a bid?

I would accept him back in a cocaine heartbeat and would volunteer to help him move back. He wouldn't even need a moving company
    3 x
    Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
    Blue Man
    Tyson Wheeler

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago

I also wouldn’t use the fan message board to gauge the overall pulse on how he’s perceived by the powers that matter (admin, alumni players, Calhoun and big boosters). They are all that matters at UConn.
    Whoa whoa not so fast. I thought this was the epicenter and brain trust of all basketball programs and everyone needs to only say flowery things.

At least that’s what everyone has been saying on here l.

URI parents coaches and players read Keaney Blue - but no one at other programs is affected by their teams message board.
    2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
    Rhode_Island_Red
    Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Unlike certain other fan bases, the Leg-humpers’ fans have good reason to be spoiled.
    0 x
    Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago

I would accept him back in a cocaine heartbeat and would volunteer to help him move back. He wouldn't even need a moving company
    Same
    0 x
    Obadiah
    Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In a match-up of the top two teams in the A-10, St Bonaventure is at VCU tonight, 7 PM. On ESPN2. LINE: VCU -3,0, O/U: 135.5.
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

VCU won by 3 good game I was rooting for Bona
    0 x
    ramster
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI Remaining Games:
    • Feb 16 Tuesday vs Dayton 7pm CBSSN Senior Night NET: URI 92, Dayton 93
    • Mar 2 Tuesday at St Joseph's ESPN+ NET: URI 92, St Joseph's 270
    Games Postponed for possible makeup?
    • George Washington NET: 238
    • @ Davidson NET: 70
    0 x
    ramster
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iona with a big win last night vs Manhattan (85-67). Iona had 5 players in double figures in scoring

1st game for Iona since December 23 :roll:

Iona is now (6-3) and (4-1) in Conference Play in 1st place, Sienna is (8-2)

9 Games remaining for Rick Pitino in the next 3 weeks as he tries for an NCAA Auto Bid in his 1st year with the Gaels:

Sat Feb 13 vs Manhattan 5pm ESPN+
    Wed Feb 17 @ Quinnipiac 4pm ESPN+
    Fri Feb 19 Monmouth 7pm ESPNU
    Sat Feb 20 Monmouth TBD
    Wed Feb 24 @ Marist 5pm
    Fri Feb 26 Sienna TBD
    Sat Feb 27 Sienna TBD
    Thu Mar 4 St Peters TBD
    Fri Mar 5 St Peters TBD
    0 x
    ramster
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Games of Interest Saturday Feb 13:
    • UCONN (-4) @ Xavier 12pm FOX
    • #12 Oklahoma @ #14 West Virginia (-3) 1pm ESPN+
    • Auburn @ Kentucky (-3) (and Jacob Toppin) 1pm CBS
    • Boston College @ Syracuse (-11.5) 2pm ACCN
    • Saint Louis (-17) @ Fordham 3pm CBSSN
    • Colgate (-6) @ Army 4pm ESPN+ South Kingstown's own Keegan Records is averaging 23 mpg, started all 8 games for (7-1) Colgate, 34-47 FG for 72.3%, 9.4 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 9 assists, 6 turnovers, 8 blocks. 6'10" 245 pound Sophomore
    • #1 Gonzaga (-16.5) @ San Francisco 6pm ESPN2
    • Rice @ Western Kentucky (-10) 6pm CBSSN
    0 x
    ramster
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tyrese Martin with 15 points, 9 rebounds in win at Xavier
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Watched that game big effort from DH Huskies should be in the field as of now

STL all over FU 59-30 U 8
    0 x
    theblueram
    Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 3 years ago Watched that game big effort from DH Huskies should be in the field as of now

STL all over FU 59-30 U 8
    13 minutes later, FU has 38 points. They need to leave the A10.
    0 x
    theblueram
    Frank Keaney

Rothstein is just killing FU right now. Just embarrassing them on National TV.
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What did Jonny R say ??
    0 x
    theblueram
    Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 3 years ago What did Jonny R say ??
    Basically ranting on the fact that the A10 is a multiple bid league and Fordham is useless in the conference and an anchor. Not exact words, but general sense. Also said Fordham is the lowest scoring team in D1.
    1 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah we all know how FU drags this conference down

Will be interesting to see how many A10 teams get bids it’s a harder year cuz of Covid
    0 x
    ramster
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nate Oats has things cooking at #11 Alabama

Beat Georgia 115 to 82 on Saturday

18-30 on 3 pointers
    25-30 FTs

Imagine a URI Team scoring like that?
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Oats has done a great job at Alabama they deserve their high ranking
    0 x
    ramster
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Oats has done a great job at Alabama they deserve their high ranking
    Alabama won both games this week so they should move up in the Polls. Missouri lost twice and Villanova lost this week.

Oats coached EC Mathews in High School then joined Bobby Hurley's Coaching Staff at Buffalo, then HC at Buffalo , then HC at Alabama and moving Alabama in the right direction. Wish we had pulled him to URI.
    0 x
    JimSidd
    Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
    reef wrote: 3 years ago Oats has done a great job at Alabama they deserve their high ranking
    Alabama won both games this week so they should move up in the Polls. Missouri lost twice and Villanova lost this week.

Oats coached EC Mathews in High School then joined Bobby Hurley's Coaching Staff at Buffalo, then HC at Buffalo , then HC at Alabama and moving Alabama in the right direction. Wish we had pulled him to URI.
    He had that Buffalo program to a point where moving to URI would have been a lateral move. That wasn’t going to happen. His reputation was to the point where he was bound for a P5 school, which didn’t take long.
    Some questioned the move to Alabama at the time, figuring that program will always be the little brother to the football program, especially when the Michigan job opened up the following year. Right now, it looks like he made the right move.
    0 x
    NYGFan_Section208
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Watching Oregon State at Arizona State...Walton rocks. I love it when he starts talking about coaches kids and families, rambling about the Dead, the desert, whatever. I wonder what kind of bump espn gets from him doing games. Sometimes I'll watch a Walton game because Walton and no other reason. I can't be the only one...

Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch.....beautiful...you do not get that anywhere else.
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

He is a piece of work that Bill Walton
    0 x
    rambone 78
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Man I wish we had Oats. Of course he wouldn't have been here for long...but that's what happens at our state U.
    0 x
    RamStock
    Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Here is a program that had no excuses. They lost three of their best players from last year and after getting the automatic bid and getting cheated of the chance to go to the tourney because of COVID came out flying again this year. This could be a fun team to root for come March for a couple rounds

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... -heres-why
    0 x
    SmartyBarrett
    Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

RamStock wrote: 3 years ago Here is a program that had no excuses. They lost three of their best players from last year and after getting the automatic bid and getting cheated of the chance to go to the tourney because of COVID came out flying again this year. This could be a fun team to root for come March for a couple rounds

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... -heres-why
    Their head coach is also in just his second year.
    0 x
    reef
    Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow definitely rooting for the Belmont Bruins
    0 x