THE EARLY LINE URI VS WISCONSIN

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS WISCONSIN

Unread post by luke »

Well the very early line is out from VEGAS and it is Wisconsin - 10. this being a true road game in itself makes this a tough game for the Rams.
However , 10 points feels like a very big number . The Badgers were less than impressive in their loss to Marquette. Other than that game they have had a cream puff OOC schedule . Not sure if this is a winnable game or not because I am still not sure how consistent URI will be going forward . I would take the points and hope the Rams can play as well as they have recently and pull out a win.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS WISCONSIN

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Oddly I get the feeling it will be a 20 point loss or one-possession game either way, don't think it will be near a 10-point difference. Due to Wisconsin's size and interior defense, I think we'll live and die from early 3-pointers by Fatts. If he makes a few early, that will tend to open up the drives and dishes for easier interior shots. If Sheppard et al makes long-range shots that is great, but doesn't open things up for the interior quite the same.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

There are two ways to negate their size, which is essential for winning this game:
-- Penetrate and try to get their bigs in foul trouble.
-- Run on misses and run on makes.
Fortunately, we have the personnel to do both.

A third way is to make a lot of 3s, but I'm not convinced about our outside shooting.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Run, run, run......then run some more.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I was thinking 7
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Yeah, gotta run them out of the building. Threes would be nice, but NO WAY I have confidence in that area of the offense yet.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

They need to defend the three as well.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Seems like a fair line Wiscy 70-63
0 x
ericf0120
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ericf0120 »

https://twitter.com/rhodyof/status/1336 ... 30432?s=21

These tweets from Rams of Rhody are pretty spot on with my thinking...i think the line is fairly accurate, but the blowout possibility still looms given how elite of a program Wisconsin is
0 x
RamFaninSF
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RamFaninSF »

rhodyruckus wrote: 3 years ago Oddly I get the feeling it will be a 20 point loss or one-possession game either way, don't think it will be near a 10-point difference. Due to Wisconsin's size and interior defense, I think we'll live and die from early 3-pointers by Fatts. If he makes a few early, that will tend to open up the drives and dishes for easier interior shots. If Sheppard et al makes long-range shots that is great, but doesn't open things up for the interior quite the same.
This is how I usually exactly how I feel about most URI teams, but that comeback against ASU - with Fatts in foul trouble - makes me think this team might be different. I think they'll stay inside the number, which has now moved to 11. A URI/TCU parlay may be in order.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The line has increased to - 11 . I think URI is getting no respect . Take the points . I think this team is better than people think . I hope Wisconsin
is taking them lightly also. If so , the Rams could surprise.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Is Jalen playing tonight?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

-11 LOL.
0 x
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

This may still be too tall a task for this team...especially with Wisconsin’s size and ability to shoot. My expectations is to keep it close. I truly think both teams will go on decent runs but in all my optimism, I can’t see it happening. I pray I’m wrong.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I got URI at +11. Wisconsin is only 1-3 ATS. Lets make it 1-4!
(We are 4-1 ATS)
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago This may still be too tall a task for this team...especially with Wisconsin’s size and ability to shoot. My expectations is to keep it close. I truly think both teams will go on decent runs but in all my optimism, I can’t see it happening. I pray I’m wrong.
Agree. This is like the Maryland game last year. It’s a bonus game. Keeping it under 10 is a goal.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good line went off at 10.5 buy that hook baby
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

rhodyruckus wrote: 3 years ago Oddly I get the feeling it will be a 20 point loss or one-possession game either way, don't think it will be near a 10-point difference. Due to Wisconsin's size and interior defense, I think we'll live and die from early 3-pointers by Fatts. If he makes a few early, that will tend to open up the drives and dishes for easier interior shots. If Sheppard et al makes long-range shots that is great, but doesn't open things up for the interior quite the same.
Carnac predicts the future again! :lol: :lol:

To be fair, we did DIE early on thanks to missed shots by Fatts and others...
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Vegas always knows.
0 x