12/2 | Seton Hall University | 7:00 PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

12/2 | Seton Hall University | 7:00 PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs Seton Hall University
Ryan Center, Kingston, RI
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
7:00PM

Media
TV: CBSSN
Online: CBSSN
Radio: 101.5 FM (B101) or Tune In Radio App

Previews:
Seton Hall’s Fan Forum

Rhody gets a much-deserved couple days off after closing out Bubbleville with back to wins before they take on the Pirates of Seton Hall this coming Wednesday night. Seton Hall has a game Monday night against Iona prior to this match-up at the Ryan Center. In their only game of the season so far, Seton Hall lost a nail biter at Louisville. The Pirates are the last ranked win for the Rams when these two teams last played each other at the Barclays Center 3 years ago. Jared Terrell hit a game winning runner high off the glass to give the Rams the win. This year’s match-up has potential to be another close one. The Pirates only play three big men, but they are some BIG bodies down low. 6’11” Sandro Mamukelashvili went for 22 and 10 & center Ike Obiagu comes in at a towering 7’2” went for 6 and 8. The Rams will need a healthy Jermaine Harris to help the Mitchell twins clash down low. Even their three off guards have some height (between 6’5” & 6’6”) & will provide a match-up issues for the much smaller Rhody guards. They will have to utilize their speed to drive & kick for the open jumper. But this is some danger in driving given they can get swallowed up by the big men down low. Although Fatts is averaging close to 18 a game, his shot is still off (only one game so far shooting over 40%). Thankfully he has made up for it with his foul shooting. The Rams will also need another big game from Antwan Walker like he did again San Francisco. He has been a joy to watch both on the court & on the bench. Rhody will probably come into this home match-up as 5 point underdogs. I like Rhody with the points & maybe even pulling off the upset victory. Look for a Walker game winning tip in off a missed jumper giving Rhody the 74-73 win. Wear a Mask & Go Rhody!

Opponent
Record:
1-1, 0-0 in the Big East
Last season: 21-9, 13-5 in the Big East

Rankings (URI):
RPI: 105 (71)
KenPom: 53 (82)
NCAA NET: 15 (57)*
BPI: 27 (85)
* = Last Year’s Rankings

Leaders :
Points – Sandro Mamukelashvili 20.0 (Sr.,F)
Rebounds – Sandro Mamukelashvili 8.5 (Sr., F)
Assists – Shavar Reynolds 5.5 (Sr., G) (2.0 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 2-7
H: 1-1, A: 0-2, N: 1-4
Most Recent Matchup: 11/23/17 75-74 W at Mohegan SunI
Most Recent Win Streak: 1 – URI
Match-up Predictor: 39.5% Chance of URI Winning
Last edited by spookydog 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 12/2 | Seton Hall University | 7:00 PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Can’t overstate how big of a game this is - especially now that SH will be without Aiken. Need to at least go 1-1 between Seton Hall and WKU. Is the world over if they lose both? No. But the dreams of an at large bid start to fade quickly. A lot of our high profile A10 opportunities are on the road this year. Can only kick the “picking up big wins” can down the road for so long
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I have not been following this closely but am I right in assuming that the Ryan will be virtually empty for this? Complete shame to not be able to rock the building out for this. Would have been one of the best Ryan atmospheres under normal circumstances.
5 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago I have not been following this closely but am I right in assuming that the Ryan will be virtually empty for this? Complete shame to not be able to rock the building out for this. Would have been one of the best Ryan atmospheres under normal circumstances.
Correct, no fans for non-conference games. Conference games are still TBD.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

This game really worries me, Seton Hall is one of the top 3 or 4 team in the Big East. Not having Aiken will hurt their depth but Molson and Rhoden are big guards and very talented along with steady senior Reynolds. Myles Cale is a solid wing and Sandro is one of the best bigs in the conference. We will need to play our A game in order to win and must keep our feet on the pedal all game and out hustle them.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago This game really worries me, Seton Hall is one of the top 3 or 4 team in the Big East. Not having Aiken will hurt their depth but Molson and Rhoden are big guards and very talented along with steady senior Reynolds. Myles Cale is a solid wing and Sandro is one of the best bigs in the conference. We will need to play our A game in order to win and must keep our feet on the pedal all game and out hustle them.
If we had a 7000+ crowd there with a couple of thousand students, I would pick Rhody. Otherwise I’m worried. The one thing in our favor is we’ve had four games to get the rust out along with a few days to find tune things.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

URI has not been shooting well. I'm hoping that playing at the RC will turn this around. By not shooting well, I'm talking about scoring outside the paint including treys. We have 15+ fouls to give down low.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......let’s hope Chris DiSano can get on the airways in post game at home......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago This game really worries me, Seton Hall is one of the top 3 or 4 team in the Big East. Not having Aiken will hurt their depth but Molson and Rhoden are big guards and very talented along with steady senior Reynolds. Myles Cale is a solid wing and Sandro is one of the best bigs in the conference. We will need to play our A game in order to win and must keep our feet on the pedal all game and out hustle them.
If we had a 7000+ crowd there with a couple of thousand students, I would pick Rhody. Otherwise I’m worried. The one thing in our favor is we’ve had four games to get the rust out along with a few days to find tune things.
Why? they have played 1 game so far and lost. They have a game against slick rick tonight. We have been tested against good teams. I think we take this going away.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
Why? they have played 1 game so far and lost. They have a game against slick rick tonight. We have been tested against good teams. I think we take this going away.
I do like your optimism Blueram, but this will be an extremely tough test. Seton Hall returns many of their players that finished tied for the best record in the Big East last year. Their only game so far was losing by 1 point at Louisville, not exactly terrible.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

This is a big, big team. We will need this to be a track meet. Run. Run. Run.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago

I do like your optimism Blueram, but this will be an extremely tough test. Seton Hall returns many of their players that finished tied for the best record in the Big East last year. Their only game so far was losing by 1 point at Louisville, not exactly terrible.
If that's the case, why aren't they ranked? Not even getting votes. We shall see Wednesday.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

If that's the case, why aren't they ranked? Not even getting votes. We shall see Wednesday.
There are many good teams not currently ranked including: UConn, Western Kentucky, St. Louis, etc. They aren't great but we need to play well to win and it should be close. We do have advantages such as homecourt, they have a busy travel week, and they are without Aiken. Either way it should be a fun matchup and I do hope you are correct Blueram.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I think worry is the wrong word - this will be a close game because they are a top 3 to 4 BE team. We may not win, but they are not Duke, Kansas or even Dayton from last year. We can play a B+ game and win.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago
I think worry is the wrong word - this will be a close game because they are a top 3 to 4 BE team. We may not win, but they are not Duke, Kansas or even Dayton from last year. We can play a B+ game and win.
The three days rest will benefit us and we have the talent to match up well against them. We can out hustle them and have the depth to wear them down. Should be a good game and hopefully a quality win for us.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......let’s hope Chris DiSano can get on the airways in post game at home......
I miss hearing his great analysis and banter with Steve and Don. At least I can still read his occasional articles online. He's as solid as they come.
3 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Iona up by two as second half begins.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Uh yep Mamu gonna b a problem...
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

The Fighting Rick Pitinos...not a horrible performance...
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

They hung tough for 25 minutes then they turned back into pumpkins and got run off the floor over the final 15 minutes.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Had less of a chance back in 17' with Cyril and EC out!

We will be ready.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Going to be a war

Hall 73-67
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYPost_Brazille
Seton Hall is a 2-point favorite tomorrow at Rhode Island. #shbb
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Wait. I thought someone said they were a top be team? How can they only be 2 pt favorites?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Wait. I thought someone said they were a top be team? How can they only be 2 pt favorites?
SI had them picked 3rd pre-season rankings in the Big East, behind Villanova and Creighton. I think the oddsmakers are showing URI due respect, we were previously underrated. You said Rhody will beat them going away ( again, I hope you are right), but it should be a tough game. I do respect SH for not cancelling after all their schedule changes and playing us at the RC. I am upset at BC and will never forgive PC.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Wait. I thought someone said they were a top be team? How can they only be 2 pt favorites?
SI had them picked 3rd pre-season rankings in the Big East. I think the oddsmakers are showing URI due respect, we were previously underrated. You said Rhody will beat them easily ( again, I hope you are right), but should be a tough game. I do respect SH for not cancelling after all their schedule changes and playing us at the RC. I am upset at BC and will never forgive PC.
Fuck bc and pc. So the 3rd pre-season be team is a 2 pt favorite? Love it all day. Against the 6th team preseason in the A10. NICE!!!!!!
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Let’s wreck em’.
2 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I would not be surprised to see Martin start again to help neutralize Rhoden, he would match up well with his size and defensive ability.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......Finally, Game Day at home.....will be missing walking to the RC from parking lot, excitement of what the game will be, hearing the band from the concourses, grabbing beer and food in the Alumni Room, Dan Yorke reading the scripted pre-game stuff, the late to he seats for many, EZ Buckets checking his game activity list, looking up at the banners thinking more please, half time walk around, getting stat sheet from Alumni Room table, greeting the Athletic Dept staffs, walking quickly to car to get radio on to hear post game, dealing with traffic......did I miss anything?.....Go Rhody......
......OMG, I missed Buckets announcing the Newport Propane Minute of Mayhem........and the Ramettes......
7 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

This will be the first game ever played there without me in attendance.
😷
18 years...
8 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 years ago This will be the first game ever played there without me in attendance.
😷
18 years...
Wow, that is amazing, good for you, a true fan for sure.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

SI had them picked 3rd pre-season rankings in the Big East, behind Villanova and Creighton. I think the oddsmakers are showing URI due respect, we were previously underrated. You said Rhody will beat them going away ( again, I hope you are right), but it should be a tough game. I do respect SH for not cancelling after all their schedule changes and playing us at the RC. I am upset at BC and will never forgive PC.
Why be upset at BC? They already played us, they wanted another opportunity instead of playing us a second time in a week, they're still keeping the series alive just pushing it back. We've pushed series back all the time. I don't see how they did anything wrong
6 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......Finally, Game Day at home.....will be missing walking to the RC from parking lot, excitement of what the game will be, hearing the band from the concourses, grabbing beer and food in the Alumni Room, Dan Yorke reading the scripted pre-game stuff, the late to he seats for many, EZ Buckets checking his game activity list, looking up at the banners thinking more please, half time walk around, getting stat sheet from Alumni Room table, greeting the Athletic Dept staffs, walking quickly to car to get radio on to hear post game, dealing with traffic......did I miss anything?.....Go Rhody......
......OMG, I missed Buckets announcing the Newport Propane Minute of Mayhem........and the Ramettes......

Is it weird that this brought tears to my eyes?

JV has to have some good Tweets going tonight.

I miss that traffic.
3 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......Finally, Game Day at home.....will be missing walking to the RC from parking lot, excitement of what the game will be, hearing the band from the concourses, grabbing beer and food in the Alumni Room, Dan Yorke reading the scripted pre-game stuff, the late to he seats for many, EZ Buckets checking his game activity list, looking up at the banners thinking more please, half time walk around, getting stat sheet from Alumni Room table, greeting the Athletic Dept staffs, walking quickly to car to get radio on to hear post game, dealing with traffic......did I miss anything?.....Go Rhody......
I miss yelling at the three blind mice and heckling the opposition. I don't miss the 50-mph wind that always seems to be blowing or the perpetually-flooded section of sidewalk in front of Tootell.
5 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago
I miss yelling at the three blind mice and heckling the opposition. I don't miss the 50-mph wind that always seems to be blowing or the perpetually-flooded section of sidewalk in front of Tootell.
And I don't miss the postgame Keaney Road bumper car ride ...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Just imagine the next time we walk into the RC. It will be glorious.
7 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
Just imagine the next time we walk into the RC. It will be glorious.
The first URI game after we're vaccinated and can attend sporting events is gonna be something special... That's all I'm gonna say :D
1 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Prediction: 70-66 Rhody with Fatts going 5-7 from 3’s, 28pts and the team hitting free throws down the stretch to hold off the pirates.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago

I miss that traffic.
.....no, not at all......especially for those of us that have Kearney Blue blood running through us, and will always feel, however affiliated with University, that the education, campus, and everything Rhody is something special that neva will leave us.....
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I wonder what the Ryan will look like. Banners on the seasts? Pumped in crowd noise ect. Duke had huge banners of the camron crazies.
0 x
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

They offered the fan cutouts on the seats for anyone who wanted them.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
Why be upset at BC? They already played us, they wanted another opportunity instead of playing us a second time in a week, they're still keeping the series alive just pushing it back. We've pushed series back all the time. I don't see how they did anything wrong
It bothers me that it was a previously scheduled game and out of a possible 27 games we are now down to 24. Instead of adding a couple of games we lose one, and having another P5 match up would help our strength of schedule. Besides I would love the opportunity of having the chance to avenge the loss. Having another game under our belt would be nice because of all the uncertainties going forward, plus their close proximity. I guess I wouldn't be as upset if we are able to schedule some additional games.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago They offered the fan cutouts on the seats for anyone who wanted them.
......at $50 a pop, no?.....I do wonder how many of those were sold.....?
Last edited by section(105) 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodygirl2 »

I would have done a fan cutout if the money went to charity but I was surprised it was going to Athletics operations. I donate quite a bit annually and they have my full season ticket money already with very low likelihood to use tickets this year. I like the idea of the cutout certainly but not the money grab but maybe I am missing something.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I think it was $75 for non ticket holders.
0 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago

I miss that traffic.
.....no, not at all......especially for those of us that have Kearney Blue blood running through us, and will always feel, however affiliated with University, that the education, campus, and everything Rhody is something special that neva will leave us.....
More tears! Touches my soul, my friend!
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

How about picking up a couple of 50/50 raffles in the lobby?
1 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

One more - loving the enthusiasm of the best section -205!!
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

All the ushers, Steve and Don, Thorr, the stats crew, the students, the little kids, the Governor, all of the keaneyblue posters that are so familiar...
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......also, will miss froggy......the cheerleaders, even no replays in the house......
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938