11/29 | University of San Francisco | 5:30 PM (ESPNU) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

11/29 | University of San Francisco | 5:30 PM (ESPNU) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs University of San Francisco
Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
Sunurday, November 29, 2020
5:30PM

Media
TV: ESPNU
Online: ESPN
Radio: 101.5 FM (B101) or Tune In Radio App

Previews:
San Francisco’s Fan Forum
Another San Francisco Fan Forum

Rhody picks up their first win of the season against the University of South Florida; a complete team victory as the Rams lead wire to wire. Obviously free throw shooting was MUCH improved, but what I liked to see was how well everyone on the team played even when Fatts had a poor shooting night. They better rest of up soon as they must play again less than 24 hours later. After beating the South Florida USF, they look to take down the San Francisco USF. The Dons of San Francisco have an awful loss & an amazing win already this season. They lost to UMass-Lowell by 12 & then upset the number four team in the country, Virginia. They hit 13 threes and played relatively mistake free ball. Rhody will have to slow down the Dons backcourt of Jamaree Bouyea & Khalil Shabazz (who score half of their team’s points) if they want to come away with the victory. San Francisco is a tall team down low with 4 guys who see significant minutes between 6’8” – 7’. Thankfully Jermaine Harris is back because they may need his big body down in the box. Rhody is looking to avenge their only loss to the Dons when they lost in 1999 (damn you Jerry D!) when Zach Marbury poured in 33 in the losing effort. If they play like they did against USF, they should beat USF. Wait, let me rephrase that. If they play like they did against South FL, they should beat San Francisco. I am feeling a big night from Fatts from behind the arc, hitting 5 threes. There is no spread yet, but my guess is URI -4. Rhody win this one going away 74-63. Wear a Mask & Go Rhody!

Opponent
Record:
2-1, 0-0 in the WCC
Last season: 22-12, 9-7 in the WCC

Rankings (URI):
RPI: 121 (57)
KenPom: 84 (90)
NCAA NET: 83 (57)*
BPI: 132 (101)
* = Last Year’s Rankings

Leaders :
Points – Jamaree Bouyea 18.0 (Sr.,G)
Rebounds – Sambra Kane 7.0 (Jr., C)
Assists – Jamaree Bouyea 5.3 (Sr., G) (2.0 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 5-1
H: 2-0, A: 2-1, N: 1-0
Most Recent Matchup: 12/14/99 94-88 L at San Francisco
Most Recent Win Streak: 1 – San Francisco
Match-up Predictor: 58.9% Chance of URI Winning
Last edited by spookydog 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Re: 11/29 | University of San Francisco | 5:30 PM (ESPN2) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Zach F’n Marbury. YES!
URI’s own Starbury circa 2001. Love it.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Re: 11/29 | University of San Francisco | 5:30 PM (ESPN2) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Great preview once again, I believe the game will be shown on ESPNU instead the ESPN2.
1 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Rhody needs to guard their two guards & keep them from shooting 3's. That's pretty much how San Fran. beat Virginia. They shot 28 3pt shots & hit 13 of them. Fatts & Shepard are going to have their work cut out for them on defense.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Shinze88 wrote: 3 years ago Great preview once again, I believe the game will be shown on ESPNU instead the ESPN2.
You are correct. Good catch
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The Dude wrote: 3 years ago Rhody needs to guard their two guards & keep them from shooting 3's. That's pretty much how San Fran. beat Virginia. They shot 28 3pt shots & hit 13 of them. Fatts & Shepard are going to have their work cut out for them on defense.
Defending the three is a Rhody specialty!

What we really need to worry about is how well they shoot free throws...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 11/29 | University of San Francisco | 5:30 PM (ESPNU) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by reef »

I was at that game 94-88 loss in December 99 at USF
Zack MeBury and Tiger Womack
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Re: 11/29 | University of San Francisco | 5:30 PM (ESPNU) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by Rhody72 »

No one gets tired at a URI game because both team stand around during FT shooting.

I was led to believe that there was a significant difference in ability between the Mitchell twins. So far, I don't see it. Both are contributors. Harris provides the bulk that they are missing.

You don't go from being a poor FT shooter to a good FT shooter in 48 hours - it's familiarity with the surroundings. On the road, practice FTs during warm-ups. and game-day shoot around.

Every player on every team is capable of shooting a trey - it doesn't mean that they should.
3 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I remember beating a great San Fran team when I was in school. They were ranked in the top 10 at the time and I believe at some point during that season, they were ranked #1. Bill Cartwright was their star.
2 x
Smokinjimit2
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Smokinjimit2 »

I have already counted more passes on our fast break in the first 3 games than the last 2 seasons combined.

Really need Carrie and Martin to start hitting their open 3’s.

I’m really worried about what the team has left in the tank in the second half today. 4 games in 5 days is brutal. Jump shots start coming up short. Free throws are missed.
Coach really needs to watch the minutes of Fatts in the first half.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago I remember beating a great San Fran team when I was in school. They were ranked in the top 10 at the time and I believe at some point during that season, they were ranked #1. Bill Cartwright was their star.
I think that was 1977 during a stopover en route to Honolulu for the Rainbow Classic. Maybe Neil or Rammgr, if they’re lurking, can confirm.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Damn man, ESPNU is the only access I don't have between my cable and ESPN+ packages.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago I remember beating a great San Fran team when I was in school. They were ranked in the top 10 at the time and I believe at some point during that season, they were ranked #1. Bill Cartwright was their star.
I think that was 1977 during a stopover en route to Honolulu for the Rainbow Classic. Maybe Neil or Rammgr, if they’re lurking, can confirm.
Yep, we beat then at their place in Dec. '77 and at home Dec. '75.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

rhodyruckus wrote: 3 years ago Damn man, ESPNU is the only access I don't have between my cable and ESPN+ packages.
So is it not available to stream?
I had last night's game on airplay and it worked nice!!!
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Im pretty sure it is available on espn+
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

:D :D :D
Let's go Rhody!!!

Rhody Sody wrote: 3 years ago Im pretty sure it is available on espn+
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Same announcers as yesterday. Can’t wait!!!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

URI - San Francisco Series History

Unread post by RF1 »

URI-USF Series.png
0 x
mjg13x
Jeff Kent

Unread post by mjg13x »

These guys remind me of us a bit.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

How was that not a foul on them when Malik took it to da baskit?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I have a feeling Fatts is going to have a 20pt game tonight
1 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Fatts: Monster 3 from the parking structure

Announcers: Eurostep
0 x
Martyf250
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Martyf250 »

Freaking Cox! I wa watching the steam on ESPN app. We to stream to my tv and asked for provider login. It then only game me the above the rim cameras!’
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

The three blind mice look familiar.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Can’t believe some of the shots we’re upchucking.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Up-tempo will help URI in this game. Just not sloppy up-tempo.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Fatts - I love you.

BUT PLEASE STOP SHOOTING THE GOD DAMN BASKETBALL.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Fatts - I love you.

Unless you're on a fast break. Otherwise, STOP!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

They need a new rule, at least two people need to touch the ball before a 3pt attempt.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Just checking that the game of basketball is won by making baskets.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sloppy ball
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Not taking advantage of their atrocious shot selection by taking some pretty awful shots ourselves.

I feel good about this one. Just need run a play or something. Damn. Fatts shouldn't shoot another three for the whole half.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 years ago
rhodyruckus wrote: 3 years ago Damn man, ESPNU is the only access I don't have between my cable and ESPN+ packages.
So is it not available to stream?
I had last night's game on airplay and it worked nice!!!
Actually I found the Above the Rim feed on ESPN3. Different viewpoint but best part is only game audio and no announcers!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Leggett with another good drive
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Fatts - I love you.

On the ESPN3 Above the rim feed it was very obvious how far out of the zip code that was.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

San Fran is earning EVERY point they have minus that last 3. Loving the DEF
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Wish these assclowns would tell us who called timeout.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Rhody Sody wrote: 3 years ago Im pretty sure it is available on espn+
ESPN+ doesn't give you access to the suite of cable channels if you don't already have them via cable/satellite subscription. But there was an alternate feed on ESPN3 tonight anyway.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm really liking Leggett's game.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

20-19 URI under 8

We are in a war

Ish looking good
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I can only watch the above the rim camera angle.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Glad we took it inside that last time. We need to limit the threes "of course" we are waaaay more athletic than they are. Gotta take advantage of that.

Screw their ridiculous rainbow threes
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

USF just lives and dies by the three, really nothing else impressive about their game. URI has had plenty of opportunities to really open up this lead and haven’t yet. USF finally got hot
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Non-basketball related: San Francisco looks like the lineup of the guys in oceans thirteen after they’ve been edited by computer.

If you don’t get the reference, I’m calling them ugly.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

🤣
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Why did we lose possession on Fatts’s drive?
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago Why did we lose possession on Fatts’s drive?
Not sure. Seems like with the announcers set up away from everyone and not at the scorers table they don’t get clued in on each call. Sucks from a viewers perspective but oh well
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

San Fran is an annoying ass team
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Fatts much more accurate when jumping backwards and then shooting a deep three for some reason.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago Why did we lose possession on Fatts’s drive?
Not sure. Seems like with the announcers set up away from everyone and not at the scorers table they don’t get clued in on each call. Sucks from a viewers perspective but oh well
They’re close enough to see the hand signals the referees use on every whistle — hand raised straight in the air means a violation (out of bounds, traveling etc.), fist in the air means foul.
0 x