2020-21 Women's Basketball

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: 2020-21 Women's Basketball

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

INJECT THESE QUOTES INTO MY VEINS!!! Sound much like another recent basketball coach we had?
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Really impressive! Congrats to Coach Reiss!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow congrats on the awards and extension tremendously well done
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Are we a women's basketball school now?

Coach of the year, co-player of the year, #4 seed in the A-10 tournament...
And a big extension. David Cox must be steaming.
I would hope he's steaming at his own inability to scout, evidenced by his gameplan for a player announced not playing the day before a game. Openly admitting it in a post-game presser while simultaneously pointing out that he didn't make any adjustments to that plan while we lost the game.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

For the few people that have posted on this board this season and again for the few that have supported Coach Reiss and the team this season, please don't use this board to trash David Cox, We should be celebrating the accomplishments of this team and staff. What Tammy has done in two years is remarkable and she will be the first to tell you there is more work to be done. She is driven and she imposes her positivity on this team every day.
They have been a pleasure to watch and hopefully can make a run in the A10 Tournament.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 3 years ago For the few people that have posted on this board this season and again for the few that have supported Coach Reiss and the team this season, please don't use this board to trash David Cox, We should be celebrating the accomplishments of this team and staff. What Tammy has done in two years is remarkable and she will be the first to tell you there is more work to be done. She is driven and she imposes her positivity on this team every day.
They have been a pleasure to watch and hopefully can make a run in the A10 Tournament.
This is a fair request.

I love seeing Tammi have fire in every single thing she does.

Her interview after the senior day game was fantastic. What a hire by Thorr.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

They would certainly welcome you to the games next year. Your enthusiasm is contagious.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Tammi is one of those hires when you first hear about it you know it’s destined for success
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

When are women playing and is it on TV anywhere?
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 3 years ago When are women playing and is it on TV anywhere?
Friday at 2 on ESPN+
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RhodyMadness072 »

https://gorhody.com/news/2021/3/25/wom ... 21-22.aspx

Rams sign Friars starting PG as a Grad Transfer
2 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Wow
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 12.16.28 PM.png
2 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

A Syracuse transfer or two, perhaps? I know 12 of their players have entered the portal.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

The first announcement has been made, we're bringing in Rebecca Demeke from NC State and she will have four years of eligibility here.

https://gorhody.com/news/2021/4/26/wome ... 21-22.aspx

She was the 8th ranked player in Canada and 2nd at her position by Crown Scout Girls Basketball.

As a freshman with NC State, Demeke was the only member of the freshman class to start a game for the Wolfpack in 2020-21. "Rebecca has the ability to get it done on both ends of the floor," said Reiss. "She's an athletic, long defender that has the versatility to guard multiple positions." Demeke played in 14 games, including NC State's NCAA Tournament first-round win over North Carolina A&T. She had her career-best game in the win over Coastal Carolina with eight points and five rebounds in 23 minutes on the floor. "I love Rebecca's ability to shoot the ball," added Reiss. "She has deep range, a quick trigger, and she's going to help stretch the floor for us. Rhody fans will love watching Rebecca in our transition game, attacking the rim or shooting the 3-ball. Rebecca's familiarity of a championship culture is the perfect fit for what we're building here in Kingston," added Reiss."I initially recruited Rebecca when I first took the job here at URI, and I am so happy I have the chance to coach this young woman. Welcome to Rhody Nation Rebecca!"

She averaged 10.3 minutes per game in her 14 games and started 2. She averaged 2.6 points per game and 1.6 rebounds per game.
1 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Wow. Huge get for Tammi Reiss. Desiree Elmore started with her at Syracuse. I searched her name on twitter and one account had here the #4 ranked transfer in the WBB portal. She comes from Seton Hall where she was 1st team All-Big East.Tammi is loading up!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 3.00.18 PM.png
1 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

The Women's basketball games at the Ryan Center this year will be electric. There is plenty of room on the bandwagon so jump on board.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago A Syracuse transfer or two, perhaps? I know 12 of their players have entered the portal.
I had a feeling there would be some sort of Syracuse connection. Good for Tammi!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

If you have access to The Athletic, the following article paints an extremely grim picture of the Syracuse women's basketball culture under Quentin Hillsman. I wonder how coach Reiss candidly thinks about how things were going there. The transfers we've gotten from Syracuse would indicate that perhaps she was a bright spot for the players there. The only person connected to URI basketball named in the article was Desiree Elmore, and that was only in passing:

"Finally, Desiree Elmore barely played for Hillsman and yet at Seton Hall became a 1,000-point scorer and first-team All-Big East."

https://theathletic.com/2678410/2021/06 ... r-tactics/
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago If you have access to The Athletic, the following article paints an extremely grim picture of the Syracuse women's basketball culture under Quentin Hillsman. I wonder how coach Reiss candidly thinks about how things were going there. The transfers we've gotten from Syracuse would indicate that perhaps she was a bright spot for the players there. The only person connected to URI basketball named in the article was Desiree Elmore, and that was only in passing:

"Finally, Desiree Elmore barely played for Hillsman and yet at Seton Hall became a 1,000-point scorer and first-team All-Big East."

https://theathletic.com/2678410/2021/06 ... r-tactics/
RR2,
Our key Assistant Coach also from Syracuse. I don’t have access to The Atlantic so not sure if he was mentioned….

This is from GoRhody….
Rhode Island head coach Tammi Reiss announced Adeniyi Amadou as the women's basketball associate head coach on May 1, 2019. One of the premier recruiters and skill developers of post players in the country, Amadou spent the last three years as an assistant at Syracuse, leading the Orange to three straight NCAA Tournament appearances.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

No, he wasn't mentioned
0 x