Narragansett Council starts process to cap student rentals at 3

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Narragansett Council starts process to cap student rentals at 3

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

UCH21377 wrote: 3 years ago Interesting points. As far as school systems go, SK and Narragansett should merge, but that will never happen.
That will never happen. Currently, the School Systems and associated School Committees have quite different philosophies. Taxes in SK are also much higher than Gansett. SK is losing students, Narragansett has actually not done that bad being that they have some programs offered that other school systems can take advantage of. Plus, Jamestown has the choice to go to NHS or NKHS, so that's certainly upping the student body.

Narragansett has 3 schools. The town can't be developed any more than it is really, almost ~98% of land in town that is buildable is already claimed.... only new constructions are mammoth houses on postage sized lots.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Update: judge strikes down the "3 student" limit.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN — A Superior Court judge has once again struck down a Narragansett town ordinance limiting rentals to three students, dealing yet another blow to the town’s controversial efforts to control the rental housing market.

Judge Sarah Taft-Carter on Wednesday ruled in favor of a coalition of landlords challenging the ordinance that restricted rentals of non-owner-occupied dwellings to three unrelated people. The judge found that the Town Council had illegally adopted the ordinance in September 2021 without having the Planning Board vet it for consistency with the comprehensive plan and local zoning rules, as required by state law.
https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 643090007/
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Oh wow who could have seen that coming [raises hand emphatically]
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

The problem (in the eyes of this Narra resident) isn’t the amount of students living in the home. The sewer/water infrastructure has become too overtaxed through the years. A few times a year the water main in my neighborhood fails and I’ve driven to Cumby’s to use their facilities.

Year round population dropped, seasonal population grew. Gerard less people need to pee and poo. The milk carton style houses are pretty ugly and it is what it is.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 year ago The problem (in the eyes of this Narra resident) isn’t the amount of students living in the home. The sewer/water infrastructure has become too overtaxed through the years. A few times a year the water main in my neighborhood fails and I’ve driven to Cumby’s to use their facilities.

Year round population dropped, seasonal population grew. Gerard less people need to pee and poo. The milk carton style houses are pretty ugly and it is what it is.
Thank God I'm on septic. Imagine relying on a govt to take a shite?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 1 year ago The problem (in the eyes of this Narra resident) isn’t the amount of students living in the home. The sewer/water infrastructure has become too overtaxed through the years. A few times a year the water main in my neighborhood fails and I’ve driven to Cumby’s to use their facilities.

Thank God I'm on septic. Imagine relying on a govt to take a shite?

Damn I never thought of it like that. 😳😳😖😲😲😂
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I didn’t know where else to post this…Is anyone on KB current on off campus housing opportunities for undergrads ? Anyone here aware of any resources to assist in a search strictly for off campus housing ?

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Asking for my nephew who is currently a sophomore at Rhody and is going to start searching for off campus housing for the fall semester.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This could be a good place to start

https://web.uri.edu/commuter-housing/
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams