'21 PA SF - Ileri Ayo-Faleye (Rhode Island Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: '20 PA SF - Ileri Ayo-Faleye (Rhode Island Commit)

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

reef wrote: 3 years ago If Ileri can get anywhere close to Dre Hunter we are all in for a heck of a ride
Hell I'll take another Lamonte Ulmer
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Ulmer was averaging 16 productive minutes per game as a freshman. I'd shoot for Marcel Momplaisir before Ulmer.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago Ulmer was averaging 16 productive minutes per game as a freshman. I'd shoot for Marcel Momplaisir before Ulmer.
Ulmer was averaging 3 points a game as a freshmen? I agree he was productive on D and provided good minutes. I don’t think Ulmer freshmen year is too high a bar for Ileri. He probably won’t get 16 mins a game on this roster but if he can get about 10 and inject some energy I’m happy.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago Ulmer was averaging 16 productive minutes per game as a freshman. I'd shoot for Marcel Momplaisir before Ulmer.
Ulmer was averaging 3 points a game as a freshmen? I agree he was productive on D and provided good minutes. I don’t think Ulmer freshmen year is too high a bar for Ileri. He probably won’t get 16 mins a game on this roster but if he can get about 10 and inject some energy I’m happy.
Yes, too many players ahead of him to be a regular part of the rotation this season, he should only get some spot minutes. Unless of course injuries plays a part or other unforeseen issues.
I may be way off on this, but I actually think Samb has more upside. Either way, we have some some promising young players and something to build on for the future.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ulmer averaged 8 ppg for his career here.. He was never a scorer. He was a tremendous defender and a high flyer that did a lot of the dirty work for our team. We would be fortunate to have a kid like him on this roster.

I hate to sound like I'm bashing the kid but Illeri is a long way away from being a Lamonte Ulmer.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

How about we let Ileri be Ileri!

I know it was just a work out video, but it was entertaining and impressive.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
Yes, too many players ahead of him to be a regular part of the rotation this season, he should only get some spot minutes. Unless of course injuries plays a part or other unforeseen issues.
I may be way off on this, but I actually think Samb has more upside. Either way, we have some some promising young players and something to build on for the future.

“Too many players ahead of him”. The way I look at it, the only SF we have is Malik and maybe Carey can play that position. None of our 3 guards are big enough to play the 3 on a regular basis.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

How can there be 'too many players ahead' of someone on a team that sucked last season?
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

McRam wrote: 3 years ago

“Too many players ahead of him”. The way I look at it, the only SF we have is Malik and maybe Carey can play that position. None of our 3 guards are big enough to play the 3 on a regular basis.
I think both Martin and DJ will eat up most of those minutes.
Plus at times we will go 3 guards now that we added Ish2, plus Tres and hopefully an improved Carey. Ish2 didn't decide to come here for his additional year just to play very limited minutes.
They also have the option of playing big, possibly having the twins on the floor together at times.
Because of the make-up of our roster, I expect Ileri to only play spot minutes unless of course he exceeds all expectations.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

McRam wrote: 3 years ago

I think both Martin and DJ will eat up most of those minutes.
Plus at times we will go 3 guards now that we added Ish2, plus Tres and hopefully an improved Carey. Ish2 didn't decide to come here for his additional year just to play very limited minutes.
They also have the option of playing big, possibly having the twins on the floor together at times.
Because of the make-up of our roster, I expect Ileri to only play spot minutes unless of course he exceeds all expectations.
You didn’t list Sheppard in your three G rotation???
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago How about we let Ileri be Ileri!

I know it was just a work out video, but it was entertaining and impressive.
Not just Ileri....Ileri AF!
0 x