NC vs URI

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

NC vs URI

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The NIT semifinal in 2010 is being replayed at 10 am this morning (5/13) on the ACC Network, channel 829 on FIOS. Keith Cothran scored 23 points in this one.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: NC vs URI

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Another reason to get aggravated watching that one.

2 for 6 from the FT line in the last 2 minutes. And probably a foul on Lamont that wasn't called at the end.

We would have won that NIT most likely...we would have played Dayton in the final, and at the time we owned them.

Most of URI's close losses in their tournament history can be traced to missed FT's.
2 x
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years agoAnd probably a foul on Lamont that wasn't called at the end.
Not probably, he was definitely fouled. Terrible officiating.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

3 words.

Ulmer was tripped.
3 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago 3 words.

Ulmer was tripped.
I watched that game live with a UNC fan friend of mine - his words at the time, "how do they not call that? What a lucky break" - still they hit their FTs it doesn't come to that.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

That was my senior year at URI - the day of the serious flooding all across the northeast. 3 feet of water in the basement of my rental house in Wakefield. Got tickets to the game with 3 friends and drove to MSG for the game - we left RI at noon and barely made it to NYC in time for the tip off.

Amazing experience to see URI play in MSG, it was my first and (thus far) only time at the Garden. Would've been even better if we closed out the game strong.
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I was studying abroad when this game took place. Somehow ended up streaming it on the slowest internet Australia had to offer.

Ulmer was tripped. End of story.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Biggest missed call since UmASS illegal screen.
1 x
GO RAMS
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

My son and I took one of the buses. The flooding was nuts; I was surprised we found our way down there. It's amazing how similar the colors were; had to look close to see who was RI and who was NC. I hated Baron's no-foul strategy at the end; it didn't leave enough time to make a play, IMO. MSG is great but I must admit I was pretty disappointed when i figured out i couldn't buy a beer. Think we got back around 2:30 AM.
0 x