FB scheduling updates

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Brian Forster
ARD

FB scheduling updates

Unread post by Brian Forster »

https://uri.prestosports.com/sports/m-f ... -decorator

https://fbschedules.com/temple-adds-rho ... edule/amp/

This is how you keep the $$ rolling in and fannies in the seats.
Last years attendance could have been higher if split up HC and family day.
Also,if added another night game.
But,still pretty good.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: FB scheduling updates

Unread post by ramster »

Love it Brian Forster

3 Games Under the Saturday Night Lights. I like the 6pm Starting Times too

Also love the annual Home and Home Series now with Bryant. So now we have In-State Home-Home Annual Series with Brown AND Bryant

We can go to the Bryant Game as if it's a Home Game being so close

Last year also saw the highest number of season ticket holders in more than two decades.

2020 Home Schedule/Promo Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 19 - New Hampshire, 6 p.m. (Home Opener)
Saturday, Oct. 3 - Brown, 6 p.m. (Governor's Cup/Salute to Service)
Saturday, Oct. 10 - Albany, 6 p.m. (Youth Night/Teacher Appreciation Night)
Saturday, Oct. 24 - Maine, 12 p.m. (Alumni and Family Weekend)
Saturday, Nov. 14 - William & Mary, 1 p.m. (Senior Day)

AWAY GAMES
Saturday, Sept. 5 - Northern Illinois
Saturday, Sept. 12 - Bryant
Saturday, Sept. 26 - Villanova
Saturday, Oct. 17 - Elon
Saturday, Nov. 7 - Richmond
Saturday, Nov. 21 - Towson
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I love the night games.
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
We can go to the Bryant Game as if it's a Home Game being so close
I don't think anyone will be going to any games this year due to COVID. Hopefully the season ticket holders continue to support the program despite a limited likelihood of game attendance.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

RJ-do you go to the games? Hold season tix.?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Brian Forster wrote: 4 years ago RJ-do you go to the games? Hold season tix.?
We go to a lot of the matchups between local teams - pretty much whenever Brown, URI, and Bryant play each other. I follow URI football from afar, basically whatever I read on this board. Don't really have a rooting interest most of the time other than the fact I think it would be really cool if URI had a good football program and was hosting FCS playoff games here in tiny RI.
3 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

I just bought season tickets for the 2020 FB SZN. My first year doing so. I’m happy to support the team. Every year I have faith. Maybe this is the year we get into the playoffs.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

I follow URI football from afar, basically whatever I read on this board

RJ-if you don't hold season tickets or go to the games COVID-19 or not,the scheduling or not of them shouldn't concern you.
September is a long time away. Somebody else wrote about the irony of posters coming on the board writing about coaches contracts who do not even go to the games. Go buy some season tix and donate them to a local HS FB program if you are so concerned about the well being of football.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Brian Forster wrote: 4 years ago I follow URI football from afar, basically whatever I read on this board

RJ-if you don't hold season tickets or go to the games COVID-19 or not,the scheduling or not of them shouldn't concern you.
September is a long time away. Somebody else wrote about the irony of posters coming on the board writing about coaches contracts who do not even go to the games. Go buy some season tix and donate them to a local HS FB program if you are so concerned about the well being of football.
My only point was to say that I didn't think fan attendance would be happening due to COVID.

I didn't realize a prerequisite for talking about sports on a message board was season ticket purchase or substantial program donations. Darn gonna have to scrub the list of members on message boards world-wide.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago
Brian Forster wrote: 4 years ago I follow URI football from afar, basically whatever I read on this board

My only point was to say that I didn't think fan attendance would be happening due to COVID.

I didn't realize a prerequisite for talking about sports on a message board was season ticket purchase or substantial program donations. Darn gonna have to scrub the list of members on message boards world-wide.
Yep, you have to leave immediately and totally forget everything you've seen here.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago

Football fans both College and NFL seem to be more optimistic around the country about starting up than Basketball fans for both College and NBA. Odd because Football is played sooner.

I think there will be games for College Football and NFL

The Northern Illinois game might need to be dropped or rescheduled, not sure. It involves air travel.

The beauty of CAA Football is its regional. No planes required. Better for rivalries.

You could do tail-gating throughout campus. FBS schools already do this do to size. You could designate tail-gating on the quad, on the new engineering complex quad, fine arts center parking lot, etc. social distancing is getting more and more the norm and people control it themselves.

You could limit ticket sales to 50% capacity, set up a big screen on the Quad with social distancing.

The way college basketball has gone with these huge geographic distances to cover is nuts. Flying to St Louis, Dayton, Creighton, DePaul, Marquette, VCU, Richmond, Butler, Xavier - all require flights to play a 40 minute game.

Give me the old Yankee Conference and New England rivalries back any day.

The Covid is going to change a lot of thinking down the line.

Look at Boston College - they have extensive airport travel. Their road games are Kansas, Virginia Tech, NC State, FSU, Wake Forest - all flights.
Home games Syracuse, Ohio U, Purdue, Clemson, Louisville, Holy Cross, UNC.
Only 1 game with a Holy Cross with no flying for either team. Airlines and Hotels love these geographically diverse Conferences. I’ll take the close geographic games.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I don't see how the CAA can be considered regional with no planes required. Just looking at our conference away games this year, our games at Elon and Richmond require air travel and Towson and Villanova are regional only in the broadest sense of the term.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Interesting idea for NDSU and Minnesota and/or Oregon to play dye to potential Covid traveling challenges.

NDSU has won nine of 12 games that its played against Football Bowl Subdivision teams, including the last six times it has played up. In addition to the Gophers, NDSU has knocked off Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Colorado State during that that streak, which dates back to 2010. The Bison have won seven of the last eight FCS championships.

https://m.startribune.com/pandemic-foot ... 570860762/
1 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

URIROTC2006 wrote: 4 years ago I just bought season tickets for the 2020 FB SZN. My first year doing so. I’m happy to support the team. Every year I have faith. Maybe this is the year we get into the playoffs.
Congrats on season tickets. I'd love to also. I am hoping for a win over Brown and a winning season. :) But hey, I'll take a playoff appearance also!
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I would ask for a win over Bryant also. I would hate to have to listen to my brother if we lost to them. My wife and I are season ticket holders.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

It would be nice if we played UConn more regularly too. I am surprised Bryant is not listed as one of our rivals... I guess they are too new to FCS?
1 x