C19 Quarantine Eatin'

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

C19 Quarantine Eatin'

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Taking my own advice from a response in another thread to start this one... mods, cancel it if you think it's inappropriate, but I know a lot of people, that used to eat out a lot...that are staying home and now forced to eat what they make - with mixed impact and results. There's going to be some that come out of this with a newfound appreciation for cooking...and some that come out even less healthy than ever.

For me...cooking dinner is reaching 'highlight of my day' territory, right around 'first cold one of the day' territory. (Actually, they frequently happen at the same time).

Couple basic realizations for me were that, it doesn't have to cost much more, or take a lot more time, to eat healthier, better tasting food. Just have a few ingredients and be willing to follow a few simple directions.

I love to grill...steak, chicken, pork. I found this rub online...that you can really put on all 3:

4 tbsp brown sugar
1.5 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix that all together, then go to your spice cabinet and look for a good sized spice container that you have that's already expired (c'mon, you know you have one), empty it, rip the label off, wash and dry it out, then dump that mix in there and slap on a new label. Now you have a shaker of awesome rub that you can whip out and shake on anything, anytime. I find myself making a new batch every three weeks or so... and you can just shake that stuff on an hour before, 20 minutes before, 5 minutes before...whatever.

Having spices on hand is key...and doesn't have to be that expensive. Kinda the way I got started on all this was just a simple google search on "Best grilled (steak, chicken, pork) recipes"... from there, that let me know what kind of spices I needed to have on hand. You can go all out on spices and pay top dollar for high end spices...but, if you're just starting to give it a go... get yourself a list together and head to Ocean State Job Lot (aka "Benny's 2.0") and you can get good sized quantities for about a buck apiece - well worth it. Are the high end ones better? Probably, but these will be a serious step up if you're eating mostly processed food.

I'm far from an expert, but I LOVE to eat and am always looking for new (preferably simple) recipes and tips...please add to this thread if you've got any!

Eat well, my friends!
6 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: C19 Quarantine Eatin'

Unread post by theblueram »

I love cooking as well. This is a spice blend I got working at La Forge in Newport many years ago. It was used in the Shrimp Diane. Pretty simple to make. Large shrimp, butter, garlic, quartered mushrooms, white wine and scallions.

1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp oregano.

You only need 1 tsp of this mixture per serving.

edit: Here's the recipe. Saute the shrimp (about 7 large shrimp), and mushrooms with 2 tblsp butter and a 1 tblsp garlic about 2 min. Add 1 tspn of the above spice mix and a handful of chopped scallions. Saute about 5-7 min. Reduce with 1/2 to 2/3 cup of white whine. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2 min. Add 1 to 2 tblsp of butter to thicken the sauce. Serve over a bed of linguine. Enjoy!!!!
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Grilled veggies...It's still veggies...still healthy...but with about 5 minutes of work, waaaaay less boring.

I bought two cheap racks with holes in 'em from Walmart and line those with tin foil to grill veggies

Tonight...potatoes. Slice a bunch of potatoes about 1/4" thick
Line the tray with tin foil, little bit of cooking spray to cover.
Single layer of potato slices about 1/4" thick (if you're like me, just wash 'em, no need to peel 'em)
sprinkle some: garlic powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper and drizzle a little olive oil all over 'em, grab a cold stick of butter and grate a bunch of that all over ...cover with another slice of tinfoil and put it on the grill while cooking yer meat. Should be done in 15-30 minutes, depending on what kind of heat you're using. As cook, you get to slice thru the tin foil and sample, so...you'll know when they're done. If they cook faster than the meat, just take 'em off, set aside and warm them up during the last couple minutes of grilling.

Broccoli...
Cut the broccoli florets off...toss them in a bowl. Drizzle some olive oil on them (maybe two tbsp over a couple cups worth, stir it up. Sprinkle some minced garlic, red pepper flakes, maybe some garlic powder and mix it all up. Lay it flat on a rack with tinfoil (like above). Grate a bunch of fresh parmesan cheese over it all. Grate a bunch of extra and set aside. Cook it over the grill for 10-15 minutes...when it's done, put it all in a bowl, dump in the rest of the parm, stir it all up and N-joy.
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Also, if anyone is interested, I have the original recipes for Salas' Oriental Spaghetti and Union Station Brewery Chicken Penne Pasta. The Chicken Penne Pasta was my favorite but they no longer make it. But my kids love it when I make it.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I’ve been really breaking in my instant pot. Made some very good ribs chicken and soups
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Carrots...such a meh food normally... but, tried this today and truly delish. Next step, figure out a lazy man's version.
Got this stuff all together and cooked it up on the grill side-burner while grilling a steak.

Ingredients
3 bunches carrots, peeled
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
Kosher salt
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Cut the carrots diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices. You should have about 5 cups of carrots.
(That's way too much for us, use what your fam would normally chow down)

Place 1/2 cup water, the butter, honey, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the ginger in a large saute pan (used a big frying pan) and bring to a boil.

Add the carrots, cover the pan, and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.

Remove the lid and continue to cook for about 20 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated. You may want to raise the heat for the last 5 minutes.

Add the orange zest and orange juice to the pan, tossing with the carrots. Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes, until the carrots are al dente (tender but still resistant when you bite) and the sauce glazes the carrots. Add the pepper and another teaspoon of salt, to taste.

The orange sauce on this is so tasty, could probably put it on cardboard and it would be great...
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

This is so simple and basic yet I look forward to making one this morning.

Take an egg and crack it in your skillet or nonstick frying pan.
Flip egg over, and set aside on a plate once it's done cooking.
Now, take some butter (if you wish) and put on an English Muffin (I used a whole wheat one)
As it starts to toast up a bit, start to build your egg & cheese sandwich.
I place a slice of cheese on top of the egg and then add another protein of your choice (I used some sliced deli ham this morning).
The trick to getting the cheese perfectly melted is covering your pan with a lid.
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

This
Thread
Is
Amazing

😎
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: ↑4 years ago This is so simple and basic yet I look forward to making one this morning.

Take an egg and crack it in your skillet or nonstick frying pan.
Flip egg over, and set aside on a plate once it's done cooking.
Now, take some butter (if you wish) and put on an English Muffin (I used a whole wheat one)
As it starts to toast up a bit, start to build your egg & cheese sandwich.
I place a slice of cheese on top of the egg and then add another protein of your choice (I used some sliced deli ham this morning).
The trick to getting the cheese perfectly melted is covering your pan with a lid.

That IS the trick...because an egg/cheese/bacon sandwich with the cheese not sufficiently melted is a serious downer. You just can't recover from that.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

The question is, do any of you deliver?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: ↑4 years ago The question is, do any of you deliver?
No, but will consider curbside pick up in exchange for craft beer ;)
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I usually grill my wings, but with the bad weather I used my new air fryer. It works great; high quality wings in 20 minutes.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I had to read this thread title twice.

At first I thought it was a very appropriately named class of β€˜19 center - β€˜19 C Quarantine Eatin

Anyways, yeah I’m fat now. Been eating (and cooking) incredibly.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: ↑4 years ago I had to read this thread title twice.

At first I thought it was a very appropriately named class of β€˜19 center - β€˜19 C Quarantine Eatin

Anyways, yeah I’m fat now. Been eating (and cooking) incredibly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: If we had a recruit right now named Quarantine Eatin I would be dying!!!!!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

that...is great.... C Quarantine Eatin'....

I've actually been eating healthier, I think. It's the beers that get me, so I try to mix in a low cal low abv something like Long Trail Little Anomaly IPA (under 100 cals, 3.7 abv) now and then. Overall, I'm guessing that anything you put together for food yourself, like, where you can pronounce all the ingredients, as opposed to processed, is probably healthier.

And I read all this stuff about how people should adapt to working at home by 'keeping a schedule just like you're in the office.' Keeping a routine is great, but it doesn't have to be at all like 'in the office.' My day starts around 7ish...and ends around 5-530ish... I purposely block out an hour and 15 minutes every day sometime between 11 and 1 to take a 3 mile walk, grab some lunch and a shower. So,yes, I have a routine, but no, I'm not getting dressed before 11...and would say I'm plenty healthy and productive... btw (and serious)...if anyone has any java coding experience...pm me, I could use someone...
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Tonight's dinner:

Pan seared steak, I used a garlic herb seasoning.
I made a creamy horseradish sauce. Sour cream, mayo, apple cider vinegar, chives, salt & pepper. I highly recommend.
Roasted asparagus (olive oil, salt/pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese)
I also had some gnocchi which I did in the frying pan.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: ↑4 years ago Tonight's dinner:

I made a creamy horseradish sauce. Sour cream, mayo, apple cider vinegar, chives, salt & pepper. I highly recommend.
THAT sounds awesome....
My best friends lately have been garlic (fresh, minced, powder, salt...all of 'em), olive oil, and fresh parmesan grated off the block.

Eat well!
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Lookin like some Effie’s Twisted Exeter tonight!

πŸ•
πŸ˜‹
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: ↑4 years ago Lookin like some Effie’s Twisted Exeter tonight!

πŸ•
πŸ˜‹
One of my favorites. Our 'every week regular thing,' for at least a couple years now has been to drive over there and order take-out...from the bar. Outside of hoops games, don't really go out much, but this is one of the things I miss the most... When it opens up again, we'll have to meet there for a cold one...
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: ↑4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: ↑4 years ago Tonight's dinner:

THAT sounds awesome....
My best friends lately have been garlic (fresh, minced, powder, salt...all of 'em), olive oil, and fresh parmesan grated off the block.

Eat well!
Thank you, sir. The horseradish sauce is an absolute game-changer. I opened up a bag of Cape Cod chips and used the sauce as a dip. You won't be disappointed.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Today, around noon...threw a couple small steaks in a plastic bag with:

1/3 c balsamic vinegar
1/3 c soy sauce
1/4 c olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp Italian seasoning (except, I like that stuff so much, I used a tbsp)
2 tbsp worcestshire (whoops...forgot this!)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried mustard

Grilled....

D-lishus
3 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

If you are around Warwick and don't try one of Sweet Dee's Cafe & Cupcakery dinners some night you are missing out! Just order/reserve a day or two before and pickup by 2pm that particular day.

There was a take and bake pizza last Friday night, and for $25.95 for the 2 of us we got a giant square pizza with pepperoni and olives, a way too large tray of salad (my wife isn't a salad fan so it was ready for my daily lunch days after), and large servings of apple crumb and lemon meringue desserts with freshly scooped ice cream separated for storage in the freezer.

Liked that so much we had the meatball dinner Sunday night, it was $18.95 per person instead and just about the same deal with huge sides/desserts. It came with a good 10" square tiramisu dessert, which I just finished last night (Wednesday)!

Now tonight we have a fried chicken dinner ready to heat up and it looks similarly delicious, with gravy, biscuits, mac & cheese, roasted broccoli, and brownie, ice cream and fudge dessert. She (Alicia) even put directions for both oven and air fryer preparation, we're definitely using the air fryer to get the chicken nice and crispy.

Really good change up to cooking from scratch every night!

https://www.facebook.com/sweetdeescafe/
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: ↑4 years ago I love cooking as well. This is a spice blend I got working at La Forge in Newport many years ago. It was used in the Shrimp Diane. Pretty simple to make. Large shrimp, butter, garlic, quartered mushrooms, white wine and scallions.

1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp oregano.

edit: Here's the recipe. Saute the shrimp (about 7 large shrimp), and mushrooms with 2 tblsp butter and a 1 tblsp garlic about 2 min. Add 1 tspn of the above spice mix and a handful of chopped scallions. Saute about 5-7 min. Reduce with 1/2 to 2/3 cup of white whine. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2 min. Add 1 to 2 tblsp of butter to thicken the sauce. Serve over a bed of linguine. Enjoy!!!!
Whipped this up tonight with chicken instead of shrimp and w/o shrooms or scallions ('cause I don't really like either). Great indoor change-up from grilling. It was awesome - quite spicy - generating an almost ideal amount of head sweat. Will definitely make it again!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: ↑4 years ago I love cooking as well. This is a spice blend I got working at La Forge in Newport many years ago. It was used in the Shrimp Diane. Pretty simple to make. Large shrimp, butter, garlic, quartered mushrooms, white wine and scallions.

1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp oregano.

Whipped this up tonight with chicken instead of shrimp and w/o shrooms or scallions ('cause I don't really like either). Great indoor change-up from grilling. It was awesome - quite spicy - generating an almost ideal amount of head sweat. Will definitely make it again!
It is a spicy dish, and too bad you don't like mushrooms. The spice flavors absorb so well into them and really exemplify the dish. But nice you improvised and got a nice head sweat. #CookinwiththeRams.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Been thinking about the shrooms and I get how they must soak up that flavor pretty well, definitely a bonus... First thing I thought of for potential replacement was maybe some small chunks of potato, but it's already a starch-fest with the pasta. I'm wondering how mixing in some spinach or maybe even some diced up (well-cooked) mostly stalk-part, broccoli would work?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I was thinking a substitute for shrooms might be tofu if your into that type of thing. But Zucchini or Eggplant would also work.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Porterhouse on the grill tonight for me, with baked potato and asparagus. I keep it simple some Montreal seasoning on the steak is all I need.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

UCH21377 wrote: ↑4 years ago Porterhouse on the grill tonight for me, with baked potato and asparagus. I keep it simple some Montreal seasoning on the steak is all I need.
Good stuff. Big asparagus fan...

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/wh ... -pee-smell
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Made this yesterday....totally awesome...

https://www.food.com/recipe/honey-grill ... ivity-feed

Making these tonight...(can substitute cream, or regular milk or half and half or nothing at all for the evaporated milk...I mean who has evaporated milk hanging around? Have made these several times...sometimes milk, sometimes 1/2 and 1/2, sometimes nothing) ...these are GREAT burgers:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/49404 ... gers-ever/
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Grilled Strip steak and corn on the cob for lunch. Simple, but delicious.Not sure where Stop and Shop got the corn from, but not bad.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Our anniversary is tomorrow...we usually go out for dinner, but obviously that won't happen this year. Suggestions for takeout close to West Kingston?
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: ↑4 years ago Our anniversary is tomorrow...we usually go out for dinner, but obviously that won't happen this year. Suggestions for takeout close to West Kingston?
Oof that's a challenge. A lot of places are closed on Mondays, including Tilly's Cheesesteaks which may be closest to you. It looks like the best I can find is the Mews and Effie's Twisted Pizza in Exeter appear to be doing business per usual. Back 40 just reopened for takeout on Friday, unsure if they are going to be open full weeks or not.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: ↑4 years ago Our anniversary is tomorrow...we usually go out for dinner, but obviously that won't happen this year. Suggestions for takeout close to West Kingston?
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!! Hope you found a great place to eat!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Failure to plan? Fret not...

Grilled Frozen Steak

Crack open beer and pour into glass. Confirm that the wife will make the sides.

Take your frozen steak and sear it over direct heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
Gives the edges a crispy texture, but won't cook it through.

Add seasoning. But not until after you sear it (or it won't stick).
Could just use salt and pepper, Montreal Steak seasoning, whatever you have...
Tonight I sprinkled on some of this dry rub...'cause I (always) have some on hand:

4 tbsp brown sugar
1.5 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

Cook over indirect heat for about 15 minutes...to about 130-140 for medium.

Enjoy.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I tried my hand at some Red Beans and Rice yesterday to go with our Tacos. Came out really good.

1 can red beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 tsp of my cajun mix
3 tblsp of salsa
1 tblsp of garlic
Chicken stock.

I sauteed the beans, onions, celery and peppers and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes. Added the cajun spice and salsa. Simmered for about 10 minutes. Then I added some chicken stock and let it reduce. Added some more and let it reduce. I just kept adding stock until it was the right consistency. Served over rice. It was delicious.

edit. Strain the beans.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: ↑4 years ago I tried my hand at some Red Beans and Rice yesterday to go with our Tacos. Came out really good.

1 can red beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp of my cajun mix
3 tblsp of salsa
1 tblsp of garlic
Chicken stock.

I sauteed the beans, onions, celery and peppers and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes. Added the cajun spice and salsa. Simmered for about 10 minutes. Then I added some chicken stock and let it reduce. Added some more and let it reduce. I just kept adding stock until it was the right consistency. Served over rice. It was delicious.

edit. Strain the beans.
Sounds good. I made some cajun/creole mix a while ago and am almost out. And, didn't write down the recipe (d'oh!)...what's in yours?
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

I'm a big fan of the "Louisiana" type hot sauces. Crystal is my favorite, but it is hard to find up here. Love it on my wings.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: ↑4 years ago I tried my hand at some Red Beans and Rice yesterday to go with our Tacos. Came out really good.

1 can red beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp of my cajun mix
3 tblsp of salsa
1 tblsp of garlic
Chicken stock.

edit. Strain the beans.
Sounds good. I made some cajun/creole mix a while ago and am almost out. And, didn't write down the recipe (d'oh!)...what's in yours?
It's the same spice mix in the shrimp dish above.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Eatin'...is highly dependent on groceries. I've tried going at multiple different times...evening, morning, weekday, weekend ...can't say I've found a 'best' yet. My main concerns are meat and produce...any good/consistent strategies out there?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: ↑4 years ago Eatin'...is highly dependent on groceries. I've tried going at multiple different times...evening, morning, weekday, weekend ...can't say I've found a 'best' yet. My main concerns are meat and produce...any good/consistent strategies out there?
I'm in Texas, so, your mileage may vary, but - I've had my best success scheduling Saturday morning pick-ups. I'm assuming they fulfill the orders early Saturday morning, and the stock is relatively "full" for the weekend rush.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: ↑4 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: ↑4 years ago Eatin'...is highly dependent on groceries. I've tried going at multiple different times...evening, morning, weekday, weekend ...can't say I've found a 'best' yet. My main concerns are meat and produce...any good/consistent strategies out there?
I'm in Texas, so, your mileage may vary, but - I've had my best success scheduling Saturday morning pick-ups. I'm assuming they fulfill the orders early Saturday morning, and the stock is relatively "full" for the weekend rush.
Going to give that Sat AM a try here tomorrow. I can't do pick-up tho...I gotta pick out my own meats and produce..and the coffee sitch can get dicey, too. It's a balancing act between selection and price, and I can't leave that to someone else. I'm just not there yet, maybe sometime, just not quite yet....
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Going to give that Sat AM a try here tomorrow. I can't do pick-up tho...I gotta pick out my own meats and produce..and the coffee sitch can get dicey, too. It's a balancing act between selection and price, and I can't leave that to someone else. I'm just not there yet, maybe sometime, just not quite yet....
I was resistant at first - still am with produce, because you have no clue what they might have in stock, and if there's no X, I sometimes can't make Y. But the meats, I believe they're mostly picking from the back anyway, and find I get decent stuff, if they have it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I was resistant at first - still am with produce, because you have no clue what they might have in stock, and if there's no X, I sometimes can't make Y. But the meats, I believe they're mostly picking from the back anyway, and find I get decent stuff, if they have it.
Tried it out this morning and definitely better on the meat and produce. Other stuff....napkins, paper towels, cleaning supplies...not so much, but seems like that's always hit or miss these days anyway.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Did Instacart twice with decent results - couple neighbors have had real good results with Whole Foods via Amazon Prime. Had one Belmont curbside which was the best but been unable to place an order since.

For folks in general Kingston area the Mobil Mart on Route 2 Exeter has been solid gold. Always has paper products milk juice fresh no price gouging. Most necessities on hand as well. Normally in and out in under 2/3 minutes.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Earlier seems better but it's pretty random.

Digging into a ribeye as I type this. On sale from Stop and Shop last week. Not bad.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Used the Instant Pot 4 times this week:

Baby Back Ribs
Kielbasa
Short Ribs
Spaghetti & Meat Balls.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

While quarantine cooking has been great, going to MOB for dinner tonight was pretty darn good too
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Don't look now, but you can get a reservation for Matunuck. Patio dining
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

phipsiGD'11 wrote: ↑3 years ago Don't look now, but you can get a reservation for Matunuck. Patio dining
Sorry that was what I was referring to when mentioning "MOB" above. Had a awesome meal Monday night.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Corn on the cob suggestion...Grill it. Just shuck it and grill it.
Roll it over every few minutes...maybe 15-20 total on the grill.
Instead of butter and salt (always a winner) try:
-couple tablespoons of soft butter and a bunch of the creole mix described above.
-mix that creole spice and butter up good with a fork or spoon, then slather it on your grilled corn and en-joy.
1 x