Jacob Toppin Transferring....

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Jacob Toppin Transferring....

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

Le sigh...fuck college b-ball.
0 x
LamonteUlmer15
Michael Andersen

Re: Jacob Toppin Transferring....

Unread post by LamonteUlmer15 »

Legit sad
0 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

0 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

This one hurts a shit ton.

I don’t think there is anything the coach/staff could’ve done. They loved the kid. Word is, the Toppin brand is surging and he is trying to ride the wave.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I agree. I am done. Don’t care what happens now. This sport has become a joke.
8 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This is now an unmitigated disaster.
7 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Fuck
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

College basketball is changed forever. The most disappointed I have felt as a Rhody fan in a long time. Loved this player. AWFUL decision.
Last edited by Rhodymob05 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Anyone still think they are borderline top 25 now? This is beyond ridiculous
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

hahaahahahah at this point all you can do is laugh.

What a goddam joke.
6 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Losing a lot of national love with this one...

Need an immediate strong response again from Cox with a big time replacement.
Last edited by hrstrat57 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

I mean this seriously, we are now the microcosm of the GOOD and mostly BAD that would/has already come of an era of immediate transfer ability. We are the example of how this could ruin any stability in the sport.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I literally cannot understand his reasoning. He was in a perfect position to improve under significant exposure at the A10 level on a NCAA tourney capable team.
5 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago College basketball is changed forever. The most disappointed I have felt as a Rhody fan in a long time. Loved this player. AWFUL decision.
It’s been about 300 seconds since this was announced and you’re saying it’s an “AWFUL decision?”

There is absolutely no grounds or evidence for you to say that.
0 x
Go Rhody
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

this is the exact shit the NCAA wants. all non P5 schools are nothing more than than a feeder system for the high and mighty P5.
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Toppin wants more exposure. Doesn’t believe this is the place to do that.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago College basketball is changed forever. The most disappointed I have felt as a Rhody fan in a long time. Loved this player. AWFUL decision.
It’s been about 300 seconds since this was announced and you’re saying it’s an “AWFUL decision?”

There is absolutely no grounds or evidence for you to say that.
Because like my last post, I thought he had all he needed to succeed now and post college. And apparently its not the coaching staff.
1 x
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Anyone still believe Fatts is coming back any longer? I have said all along he won’t be back. Just prepare like he is already gone if it matters
2 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago Anyone still believe Fatts is coming back any longer? I have said all along he won’t be back. Just prepare like he is already gone if it matters
You’re right.
2 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

The new normal.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Tampering? More likely without the players on campus.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Off the fucking rails. This is absurd.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago Anyone still believe Fatts is coming back any longer? I have said all along he won’t be back. Just prepare like he is already gone if it matters
Yup, I’ve said all along we have to be be cautious with Fatts coming back, 99% of posters automatically thinking he’d be coming back with no evidence to support that.
0 x
Go Rhody
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago The new normal.
I’m sure it will be the new normal for bottom feeder schools. Guess that’s where we’re heading. Utterly disappointing.
2 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

This one hurts.
2 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago This one hurts a shit ton.

I don’t think there is anything the coach/staff could’ve done. They loved the kid. Word is, the Toppin brand is surging and he is trying to ride the wave.
that take is so wrong. Cox just lost his whole class from last year. and his #2 returning player. Something stinks bad. Don't try to tell me otherwise. If Harris goes then the last two recruiting classes are completely gone and will only be returning Fatts (maybe) and Walker from an 8 man rotation.

SOMETHING STINKS REAL BAD
4 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

As I stated earlier this month, I am rapidly losing interest in this sport I began watching in the late 60s. This is insane! As famously stated in a Seinfeld episode, we are truly rooting for laundry now.
I’m sure the P5 vultures have been putting out feelers for weeks. They are projecting a similar improvement curve as Obi had.
This board will melt down if he picks UCONN. They still have one available scholarship, right? Unlikely, with Martin and other wing players already there, but can we discount anything at this point?
2 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Well, Obi Toppin was one and done at Dayton, and now Jacob Toppin was one and done at Rhode Island.

Now forever placed in the archives up there with Zach "One and Done" Marbury
Last edited by rhodyfan3000 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Bingo.

The sport won’t recover from this rule.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I guess kids wanna pursue their options and you can't blame them. This hurts, mostly because I made a sign and everything.

It's interesting that everyone wants to "make it clear it has nothing to do with anyone on the coaching staff." If you have a really good coaching staff, wouldn't players want to stay "because there's a really good coaching staff"? Has anyone said that yet?
4 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Hey, give Fatts credit if he returns. He has gumption if so. Better be no boo birds out there next year for #1
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago

that take is so wrong. Cox just lost his whole class from last year. and his #2 returning player. Something stinks bad. Don't try to tell me otherwise. If Harris goes then the last two recruiting classes are completely gone and will only be returning Fatts (maybe) and Walker from an 8 man rotation.

Yeah, the NCAA stinks.

More than 50% of the teams across the country are going through the same turnover. Keep selling there our press clippings.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago I guess kids wanna pursue their options and you can't blame them. This hurts, mostly because I made a sign and everything.

It's interesting that everyone wants to "make it clear it has nothing to do with anyone on the coaching staff." If you have a really good coaching staff, wouldn't players want to stay "because there's a really good coaching staff"? Has anyone said that yet?
Perhaps they are saying that the coaching staff was one of the only bright spots, but not enough to deter them
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Your takes?

If it's Cox/staff, why do the transfers explicitly state otherwise? They could easily just say it's in their best interests to leave and end it at that. Tyrese and Jacob both stated that it had nothing to do with the coach/staff when neither had to say anything.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago I guess kids wanna pursue their options and you can't blame them. This hurts, mostly because I made a sign and everything.

I’ve noticed that too. All our transfers have said it’s not about the coaching staff, but the coaching staff obviously is a part of it.
1 x
Go Rhody
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

The Cox defense force is nauseating. Yeah, I don’t love the new rule, but not every team loses their entire fucking team. Where there is smoke, there’s fire. Something is rotten.
4 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

It's like if COVID-19 became a college basketball rule pandemic too
1 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Another URI record that Fatts can take over next season, the last 4 year player ever.
5 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago

Your takes?

If it's Cox/staff, why do the transfers explicitly state otherwise? They could easily just say it's in their best interests to leave and end it at that. Tyrese and Jacob both stated that it had nothing to do with the coach/staff when neither had to say anything.
How often do you see transfers throwing the previous staff under the bus? What do you expect them to say? It happens, but it’s rare.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

URI_05 wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago

Your takes?

How often do you see transfers throwing the previous staff under the bus? What do you expect them to say? It happens, but it’s rare.
They also don’t make a POINT to say it’s not because of the staff.

The board was just praising the staff for two weeks straight. Now somethings “afoot” again.

Rese left and got what he was looking for...a P5z

Jacob is doing the same.

It’s truly the Wild Wild West.

Coaches aren’t enough for kids to stay anymore.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

I kind of hope Harris and Fatts leave now. This is just too funny! Who cares who we have coming in. They aren’t staying anyway. Guys it is okay to be talking with your players and find out what is going on and build relationships. No excuses this time.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

8 man rotation

Fatts - 95% gone
Dowtin - graduate
Martin - Transfer
Harris - transfer ???
Langevine - graduate
Toppin - Transfer
Long - Transfer
Walker - Staying

Nothing left. 2 whole recruiting classes gone. Programs don't do well without stability.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

He lost his whole class?
There isn't anybody left.
We have 1 player returning,
if he decides to stay.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Russell is not going anywhere.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago Losing a lot of national love with this one...

Need an immediate strong response again from Cox with a big time replacement.
Need an immediate strong response from the administration with a big time replacement for Cox.

Fixed that for you
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Reason number 483854737383 there is zero reason to get excited about recruits anymore.
4 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 years ago

He lost his whole class?
There isn't anybody left.
We have 1 player returning,
if he decides to stay.
Break out your Nikes...you still have some eligibility left, don't you?
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Hey, give Fatts credit if he returns. He has gumption if so. Better be no boo birds out there next year for #1
He is not returning. Rule will pass. He will either play abroad or on another college team that will make the tourney. Why would he come back here? Everyone has left
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Russell is not going anywhere.
You saying this like it’s a concrete fact is comical.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Russell is not going anywhere.
Will wager you a beer a game in the pub for the first 3 games of next year. that he's out..and hope I lose.
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x