Jermaine Harris

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Jermaine Harris

Unread post by Matunuck »

Not confirmed,but heard he is gone
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Jermaine Harris

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Do we need a thread with more speculation?
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Matunuck wrote: 4 years ago Not confirmed,but heard he is gone
He’s not gone, until it’s confirmed. It hasn’t been.
0 x
NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

His instagram story seems to confirm it.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago Do we need a thread with more speculation?
Probably not.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

No it doesn’t.
2 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

Check out insta
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

We have all seen da insta.

It’s been discussed at length already.
1 x
NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

Usually I don't speculate but with this current quarantine tracking transfers and my amazon packages are all i have.
3 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Gone
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Jake Matteson
@JakeMatteson401
·
6m
Jermaine Harris is now the third player this week, and second starter within the past 24 hours, to leave Rhode Island.

What a horrific week for Rhody.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

yep. thats what i just heard.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

giovanni wrote: 4 years ago
It appears this tweet has been deleted
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

As it currently stands, Harris and Martin will both have to sit out a year, correct?
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 4 years ago As it currently stands, Harris and Martin will both have to sit out a year, correct?
Yes
0 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Oh for God's sake, is he transferring or not??
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 4 years ago Oh for God's sake, is he transferring or not??
I hope not. He has deep connections with Cox. Need him and Fatts to stay. Need to stop the bleeding.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

People are trying so hard to be the first to break news. If it was done, the press release would be out. Jermaine is accessible.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That’s the world we live in.
It’s only going to get worse with recruiting players from other teams
There’s more discussion now about transfers than about recruiting HS, Prep and JC players

We used to recruit kids for 4 years

Now we recruit kids for 1-2 years

The game is going downhill fast
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

But guess what?
We will want to know why the students don’t show up like in the old days. Why we can’t sell out.
We will continue to have the same people take jabs at us about our attendance

Gone are the days of the 4 year student athlete in basketball.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

The fact that everyone is home and away from campus, means their sphere of influence has changed and for us that doesn't appear to be good. There is no way all these players leave unless they are being whispered to. We are literally being robbed.

The best thing Cox had going for him was his DMV recruiting cred...but how can he maintain that if they all leave?
0 x
HobbyBurley
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HobbyBurley »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 4 years ago As it currently stands, Harris and Martin will both have to sit out a year, correct?
I believe the vote to change this rule is on Monday, 3/30.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Cyril had him on IG live and put him on the spot asking him if he had something to say. He just held up the peace fingers
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Jermaines post is not encouraging- considering he rarely puts anything out on social media- and puts even less out directed to Rhody fans. He’s not a guy that normally seeks attention either.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ok so just a rumor for now ??
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Hope it isn’t true, he has potential next few years. Cox needs to get the rest of this team to stay if we have any hope to keep our level of success with recruits and transfers..can’t have complete turnover or we will lose the culture that Hurley built.

I think it is shitty that a few of these players are leaving when they made a demand that Cox succeeds Hurley and now they are bailing on him. Cox has stood by these players when a majority of the fans and people on KB have screamed for changes.
7 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

F this lol. Twitter is a double edged sword if there ever was one.
0 x
GO RAMS
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

CamsRams wrote: 4 years ago Cyril had him on IG live and put him on the spot asking him if he had something to say. He just held up the peace fingers
And this is the part that really bothers me. If you're leaving, then just announce that you're leaving. Enough with the cryptic IG posts and gestures. I understand they're not mature adults yet and this behavior is normal for that age group, but just make a definitive announcement already so your coaches (and fans) can move on.
Last edited by NJRhodyFan 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......I think the Hurley culture has been like sands thru the hour glass, sliding going way fast......even prior to this situation.......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 4 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 4 years ago Cyril had him on IG live and put him on the spot asking him if he had something to say. He just held up the peace fingers
And this is the part that really bothers. If you're leaving, then just announce that you're leaving. Enough with the cryptic IG posts and gestures. I understand they're not mature adults yet and this behavior is normal for that age group, but just make a definitive announcement so your coaches (and fans) can move on.
As I recently read in a book, "bad news does not improve with age" - spit it out if you are leaving...but I hope he's not.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Rhody Sody wrote: 4 years ago Hope it isn’t true, he has potential next few years. Cox needs to get the rest of this team to stay if we have any hope to keep our level of success with recruits and transfers..can’t have complete turnover or we will lose the culture that Hurley built.

I think it is shitty that a few of these players are leaving when they made a demand that Cox succeeds Hurley and now they are bailing on him. Cox has stood by these players when a majority of the fans and people on KB have screamed for changes.
You're 100% right. When I called Martin "selfish" yesterday, I was immediately jumped on by one or two posters here, and admittedly there was some bitterness behind my initial reaction. But the truth of the matter is that Cox gave Martin and Harris every opportunity to succeed here when other coaches may not have been so supportive and accepting of the lackadaisical, apathetic attitude displayed by Martin and the consistently below average production from Harris, who was a full-time starter by the way.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I hope this is not true, but if it is we will have 3 players who saw the court last season. This would be beyond devastating to this program.
0 x
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

If this rule passes, mid-majors like us will be the new JUCO route to a P5.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

If the rule passes I would expect Cox (an AAU guy) would at least survive if the college culture reflected the transfer rate of high school. He is no stranger to that.

He would just have to shift to the mindset that he had to cobble together a contender every year. C'est la vie.
3 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Colleges all over America will be up in arms if the NCAA continues to make this a P5 tyrant league.
0 x
GO RAMS
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I think that with this kind of free agency, the ncaa should allow trades of players, and allow players to change uniforms at halftime!!!
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’m sticking with No credence to rumor.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Last 8 games Harris only got only 15 minutes per game.
While the 3 guards got 37 per game then Martin bolts - if I’m Harris I’m feeling pretty slighted.
I’m surprised we have so many Harris fans now, nice to know but the guy took beating after beating in threads this year from a lot of posters. Deserved or not he got hit hard.
He has to look out for himself. I’m sure he is looking at the incoming situation of the twins, etc very closely, I’d hope he would.

If I’m Harris I have to be asking Cox and Friends where do I fit? Whose coming in? You Coaches know me, tell it to me straight.

Plus who is going to work with the big men. Any chances we get improved coaching for the big men?

Harris is a good guy. I Very much hope he stays but can certainly understand him moving on.
2 x
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

The #1 reason why people leave jobs, organizations, clubs etc is their boss. Always was and always will be.

Greener pastures, more money, greater opportunity all play some part in it but aren't even close to #1.
1 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago The #1 reason why people leave jobs, organizations, clubs etc is their boss. Always was and always will be.

Greener pastures, more money, greater opportunity all play some part in it but aren't even close to #1.
I’m sure there’s some truth to that, but if I was leaving my job because I didn’t like my boss I wouldn’t be referring to him as “family” and a “father figure” on the way out the door, a la Martin.
5 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago The #1 reason why people leave jobs, organizations, clubs etc is their boss. Always was and always will be.

I’m sure there’s some truth to that, but if I was leaving my job because I didn’t like my boss I wouldn’t be referring to him as “family” and a “father figure” on the way out the door, a la Martin.
Stop trying to use logic in your arguments. It doesn’t work here.
7 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

Just to confirm... We are illogical because we feel that the head coach of our program should be criticized for our collapse and transfers?
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

DC you play yourself as an insider. But this program is now a dumpster fire. We have 5 open schollies in March. Could be more, who knows. What say you now?
2 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago

Just to confirm... We are illogical because we feel that the head coach of our program should be criticized for our collapse and transfers?
I don’t think it’s illogical at all. I was just pointing out that in Martin’s case it doesn’t really fit the narrative that he left because of animosity towards his coach. At least not based on his IG post.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago

I don’t think it’s illogical at all. I was just pointing out that in Martin’s case it doesn’t really fit the narrative that he left because of animosity towards his coach. At least not based on his IG post.
Can you site some recent examples of transfers that told their former coaches to go fuck themselves? Cmon.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

People on the Dayton and VCU fan boards are talking about what is going on at URI. Dayton fans of course are just wondering and saying Cox could be on the hot seat and VCU fans love that URI is crumbling
0 x