Tyrese Martin (URI ---> UConn)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Tyrese Martin (URI ---> UConn)

Unread post by eli#10 »

ProJo.com reporting Martin is transferring.

WTF.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Tyrese Martin

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Ok that is a problem.

Damn....
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

WTF
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Everything is dumb.
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Well next season is not looking hot...
1 x
Nwizzzy1
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Nwizzzy1 »

What is the issue with this team? Is it cox? He recruited most of these players.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I called this at the beginning of the season based on his attitude and overall emotions on the court, BUT I figured it was just my paranoia. When a consistent starter leaves, its obviously beyond playing time. Its time for an investigation.
2 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Cox is obviously the problem. No other explanation.
3 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago I called this at the beginning of the season based on his attitude and overall emotions on the court, BUT I figured it was just my paranoia. When a consistent starter leaves, its obviously beyond playing time. Its time for an investigation.
I also called Him out for being too cool for school, not caring, showing no emotion.

Good riddance, honestly I wouldn’t care if he plays 10 minutes a game at his new school.

Was never really a fan of the kid.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

ok DC please explain how we dont have a problem down in Kingston? HUGE HUGE issues going on .
3 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

2020 is a big MFing joke.
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Welp...would imagine his friend Fatts will be next. No one wants to spend their senior season on a losing team
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

We ever had a two year starter transfer?
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I wanna know now wtf Cox is doing this is ridiculous, and this is getting out of hand
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I'm going to get flamed, I don't care, Cox needs to go at this point. This transfer is the breaking point, he has zero control over the roster, he has no clue what he's doing. For results he had one year of minor underachievement and one year of a Baron collapse. If he could keep a proper roster together he should have another year to figure it out, if he got results you could deal with the turnover. Cox needs to go and we need a real head coach in here that can do the job
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Averaged well over 30 minutes per game. What's the excuse on this one? No, 11 players in 2 years is not the new norm.
3 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Will we field a team next season? Is Toppin next? Fatts?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago I called this at the beginning of the season based on his attitude and overall emotions on the court, BUT I figured it was just my paranoia. When a consistent starter leaves, its obviously beyond playing time. Its time for an investigation.
I also called Him out for being too cool for school, not caring, showing no emotion.

Good riddance, honestly I wouldn’t care if he plays 10 minutes a game at his new school.

I know you pride yourself on berating college kids on social media. Now that a lot of us are working remotely maybe you can also do some personal reflection on how to act like an adult man and to not be a complete jerk. No one else here acts like this

Hopefully now I won't have to see you complain about people anymore since now with Rese transferring you will have less ammo. You don't even know where he's ending up, it might surprise you. Have a good day! :lol:
4 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Houston, we have a problem.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago ok DC please explain how we dont have a problem down in Kingston? HUGE HUGE issues going on .
We should be proud of our 2nd year coach! Don't doubt him! If you do you're not a real fan...blah blah blah

Anyone that is ok with this and tries to say that this isn't a big deal is clueless.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

This is terrible news!
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

I know you pride yourself on berating college kids on social media. Now that a lot of us are working remotely maybe you can also do some personal reflection on how to act like an adult man and to not be a complete jerk. No one else here acts like this

Hopefully now I won't have to see you complain about people anymore since now with Rese transferring you will have less ammo. You don't even know where he's ending up, it might surprise you. Have a good day! :lol:

Honestly please just shut the hell up for once.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

I have defended Cox and his staff all season but Mekhi and Tyrese leaving are on THEM. Especially Tyrese. Teams don't just lose one of their best players like that. Something is going on behind the scenes that WE need to demand to know on twitter.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Smokinjimit wrote: 4 years ago Will we field a team next season? Is Toppin next? Fatts?
As of now, we have 8 guys right?

Fatts Toppin Harris DJ Sheppard Walker Leggett Wood
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I can honestly say that I'm not too bothered by this one.
0 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Cox quotes from the article:

“What I’m dealing with now is young men and families and camps who have huge aspirations but do not or refuse to deal with the actual process,” Cox said. “That word now – process or progression, those types of terms – has started to work against you in regards to recruiting some of these top young players.”

“We obviously will have to dive into it as a staff,” Cox said. “We have to continue to look at our recruitment and evaluation of players to make sure that it is the right fit. But there are a few variables that are out of our control.”

“We’ll recruit talent and we’ll recruit character,” Cox said. “The unknown is the desire of the family and the player. That’s the unknown.”

“We are in position to fill out this roster with quality players who fit specific needs,” Cox said. “We’re excited about the core group that’s returning and we’re excited about the incoming freshmen.”
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

Honestly please just shut the hell up for once.
Why should Taylor Swift shut the hell up? It's a message board and she's entitled to her opinion and voice, as are you. If you can't take her criticism, perhaps that says more about her than it does about you.
8 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I can honestly say that I'm not too bothered by this one.
I can see where you're going with that.

It certainly is a problem though.

Although, with this day and age these things keep happening. Hughes transferred from Duquesne when they were about to have everyone back and Landers Nolley was Virginia Techs best player and he left.

It's not impossible to rectify, but our coaches need to fix some shit ASAP.
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

thatRamBand wrote: 4 years ago Cox quotes from the article:

“What I’m dealing with now is young men and families and camps who have huge aspirations but do not or refuse to deal with the actual process,” Cox said. “That word now – process or progression, those types of terms – has started to work against you in regards to recruiting some of these top young players.”

“We obviously will have to dive into it as a staff,” Cox said. “We have to continue to look at our recruitment and evaluation of players to make sure that it is the right fit. But there are a few variables that are out of our control.”

“We’ll recruit talent and we’ll recruit character,” Cox said. “The unknown is the desire of the family and the player. That’s the unknown.”

“We are in position to fill out this roster with quality players who fit specific needs,” Cox said. “We’re excited about the core group that’s returning and we’re excited about the incoming freshmen.”
David is blaming the players. Well guess what time to look in the mirror DAVID!!!!!
3 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

thatRamBand wrote: 4 years ago Cox quotes from the article:

Tyrese’s family / camp / whoever probably thinks he’s a first team all American and a first round pick.

I can’t see him excelling in a P5 conference, too slow and not real athletic.

He easily would have been an all conference player here the next two years, score around 1500 points, start 90% of his games and play over 30 minutes a game.
3 x
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I can honestly say that I'm not too bothered by this one.

Although, with this day and age these things keep happening. Hughes transferred from Duquesne when they were about to have everyone back and Landers Nolley was Virginia Techs best player and he left.

Thanks. Let me say this (since I wouldn't have had the opportunity to even say it out loud if he had stayed until he graduated. I don't throw our players under the bus like this, but technically he is no longer a player here).

Now that he is officially gone, I'll go out on a limb and say that I sincerely doubt Tyrese is "going to the league" as so many on here put it over the past year. He's a mixed bag of raw talent and startling liability.

Like a really promising running back in football that is also fumble prone, so the negative cancels out the positive.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
So, he took the high road and didn't bash anybody on his way out. So what? Losing 11 players in 2 years is a major problem and is on the person in charge of the program. Please stop!
2 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

hmmmmmm... that hashtag... look familiar?
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

This is terrible news!
Martin was huge on the boards for us this year and also looked really good breaking the press. It is troubling that our coaching staff is not even retaining the guys that they are trying to build around.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Is it okay to complain now guys? What a joke! I am so glad I didn’t renew my tickets. If Fatts were smart he would jump on with someone else where they can compete for his last year. What is the excuse this time?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just to be clear, that was Frankie Hughes, the guard, who put his name in the portal. Frankie had knew surgery last October and sat out the entire 2019-20 season. He was not likely to break into the starting lineup in 2020-21. Michael Hughes, the big 6'8" 240 pound junior starter is still at Duquesne.
Not really a loss for Duquesne, in fact Frankie likely read the writing on the wall after his end of season sit down with Keith Dambrot.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This is so confusing.
0 x
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......for me, this coupled with Long, and I have to guess there is another one or two going is a symptom of problems.......maybe there are players lined up to come in that would reduce PT for like Long......but not the case with Martin......Coach’s Show, April 8th, in studio only? one was scheduled, more important than ever.......raise your hand if you think there will be one, it was scheduled.....
Last edited by section(105) 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

P5’s started calling.

He’s going BIG.

We can’t, nor will ever be able to compete.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Based on his IG, simply sounds like he’s being promised bright lights. He certainly has the ability.

I’m upset, at everyone from Dooley down the managers.

I give.

I’ll just shut the fuck up now. You guys win.
Last edited by DC_Rams 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago P5’s started calling.

He’s going BIG.

We can’t, not will ever be able to compete.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Based on his IG, simply sounds like he’s being promised bright lights. He certainly has the ability.
Bullshit. STOP!!!!!
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

He’s going BIG.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Was there tampering?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

alldayrhodyrams02
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by alldayrhodyrams02 »

This is not okay. My heart is broken.. into pieces 😭 Martin I wish you the best but.... why?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

He’s going BIG.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Was there tampering?
Oh, I don’t know, but I’m sure people from one circle reached out to his circle.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

He’s going BIG.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

No one gives a crap about your reasoning anymore. The team is a mess. Can’t wait for the spin when we sign some average player who you hype up. Don’t worry Cox will get his 5 years. Program has no cash not to keep him
2 x
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

Obviously there is the ass-kissing that always happens in those good bye posts to keep in amicable (even when its not the complete truth), but calling Cox a father figure actually makes me think he sees himself having a better opportunity somewhere else - pointing toward the issue with this new age of transferring for a new start. I read that post and this maybe they like Cox, but think he can't take the team where Tyrese wants it to go.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

He’s going BIG.

We can’t, nor will ever be able to compete.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

If the new transfer rules happen, I'm expecting more situations like this. Cox (and every other coach, really) will have to re-recruit their entire roster every year. Safe to say he hasn't been successful thus far.
1 x
nchof
Abdul Fox

Unread post by nchof »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago hmmmmmm... that hashtag... look familiar?
Talking about fatts’ post right? Very concerning now
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Is it really a given that transfers will be automatically eligible??? Seems like a lot of these guys think it’s a go.
Last edited by Rhodyram 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago

Thanks. Let me say this (since I wouldn't have had the opportunity to even say it out loud if he had stayed until he graduated. I don't throw our players under the bus like this, but technically he is no longer a player here).

Now that he is officially gone, I'll go out on a limb and say that I sincerely doubt Tyrese is "going to the league" as so many on here put it over the past year. He's a mixed bag of raw talent and startling liability.

Like a really promising running back in football that is also fumble prone, so the negative cancels out the positive.
I think this is less about the coach and more about promises made to Rese from other outside influencers....let’s see where he lands and then start throwing people under the bus!
1 x