ESPN Game Day at Dayton next Saturday March 7

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

ESPN Game Day at Dayton next Saturday March 7

Unread post by ramster »

Dick Vitale just announced on the Dayton Big Screen Live that ESPN will be doing their Game Day a
Next Saturday March 7 at Dayton

The Flyers will host George Washington at 7pm

The Dayton Crowd loved it!! Nobody knew the announcement was coming. Vitale is the commentator tonight. He is making many very favorable comments about the A10.

Vitale just he believes Rhode Island will be in the Tournament%

Game Day was Announced on the Dayton Davidson Game tonight on ESPN2

Good for Dayton, Great for the A10
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: ESPN Game Day at Dayton next Saturday March 7

Unread post by reef »

Yes Dickie V tslking the A10 and Dsyton up is definitely a great thing
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What a shooting performance by Dayton on ESPN2

The Flyers got their 18th victory in a row with their best shooting performance in 34 years. Dayton (27-2, 16-0) shot 72.3% from the field, its best mark since 1986, and made all but one of its shots from inside the arc.

"We went 27 of 28 on 2-point field goals, which is unheard of," coach Anthony Grant said. "A great job tonight of taking quality shots and sharing the ball."

Toppin led the way, providing a pair of fast-break dunks in the second half that were exclamation points on Dayton's sensational season. He went 10 of 11 from the field -- his only miss was from beyond the arc -- and had 12 rebounds.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

If our game vs Dayton was next Saturday, do you think Gameday would’ve considered going to uri
0 x
UD90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by UD90 »

Yes. It was pretty awesome. The irony is that we are hosting the women's A10 tournament so GAMEDAY will have to be on campus. It also may be the first GAMEDAY hosted for an espn+ game, but it's cool to be only one of two teams from Ohio to ever host a GAMEDAY. Looking forward to a tough game Wednesday.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody with the opportunity to hijack the narrative for GameDay by going 2-0 this week. They’d be the talk of the mid major landscape if they did it, cue the Eminem song.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Dayton was celebrating the outright clinching of the the A-10 regular season tournament last night after the game concluded. Remember when URI did that two years ago? Do you also recall the next Rhody game after that versus St. Joe's?

The Flyers and all their fans will now be all revved up and focused on the ESPN game day experience and final game next Saturday. I wonder if there will be any letdown after winning the A-10 or any looking ahead to next Saturday.

Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We just need to play SLU like it's the semis and Dayton like it's the finals of the A10 tournament. We win both those, our seed is locked for the NCAAT. And we get both on our home court to hopefully over capacity crowds.
1 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

makes me think that if our game with Dayton was next saturday instead of Wednesday if Gameday would have came to URI?
0 x
UD90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by UD90 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Dayton was celebrating the outright clinching of the the A-10 regular season tournament last night after the game concluded. Remember when URI did that two years ago? Do you also recall the next Rhody game after that versus St. Joe's?

The Flyers and all their fans will now be all revved up and focused on the ESPN game day experience and final game next Saturday. I wonder if there will be any letdown after winning the A-10 or any looking ahead to next Saturday.

One thing that Grant did that disappointed the fans, but was good was to not let them cut the nets because "they still have work to do."
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

UD90 wrote: 4 years ago
RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Dayton was celebrating the outright clinching of the the A-10 regular season tournament last night after the game concluded. Remember when URI did that two years ago? Do you also recall the next Rhody game after that versus St. Joe's?

One thing that Grant did that disappointed the fans, but was good was to not let them cut the nets because "they still have work to do."
That’s good he didn’t do that , coach Grant is doing a great job !!
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

UD90 wrote: 4 years ago

Learned from Dan Hurley's mistake. Cut the nets after beating Dayton in 2018 then got blasted in the ass by st joes on senior night the next game.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I always wondered about cutting the nets down for non-tourney and on your home court...like, aren't they already yours? They're not going anywhere, right? If Rhody had won A10 reg season at St. Joe's...would we have cut their nets down? I'm thinking it mighta coulda led to a rumble? Do these sentences make it obvious that game time can't get here fast enough?
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Dayton has a great program. Much respect. I enjoy watching them play and hope they go deep in the NCAA tourney.

Now let's kick their a$$ on Wed.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
UD90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by UD90 »

Go take it to SLU. I want URI as close to 30 in the NET as possible. If URI wins it will make our earlier win a quad 1 win. Of course we will probably lose SLU as a quad 1 road win, but the URI home quad 1 win will have more glitter. Don't get me wrong I want Dayton to win, but expecting a battle and I don't think a loss hurts us much.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Baylor loses to TCU
Will move Dayton up another notch come Monday
0 x