2020 URI Baseball

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

2020 URI Baseball

Unread post by RF1 »

The URI baseball team kicked off its season this past weekend. It lost two of three at Lamar.

The first 17 contests will be away in warmer climates. The home opener at Beck Field will be versus Sacred Heart on Wednesday March 18th.

URI Baseball 2020 Schedule & Results
https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl ... 0/schedule
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: 2020 URI Baseball

Unread post by ramster »

Play 3 games this weekend at Maryland. Fri, Sat and Sun
0 x
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

Great weekend for the Rams! 3-1 baby! Nice win today beating UofA!
3 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Thanks for trying to lift me out of my depression Dan!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

A record thus far of 5-5 with all the games being away from home is a good start to the season. Two of the wins are over names such as Maryland and Arizona.
2 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Rhody with the three game sweep of Delaware State this past weekend! Brings their record to 8-5. Would be great to see them finish the “away” portion of their OOC scheduled with a winning record gotta be tough playing for weeks without a home game.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I have wondered how the student athletes on the baseball team manage their studies given all the class time they miss being on the road so much at this time of year. It can't be easy.
Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RhodyMadness072 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago I have wondered how the student athletes on the baseball team manage their studies given all the call time they miss being on the road so much at this time of year. It can't be easy.
80% of the games are on weekends. In reality- they are only missing classes on Fridays. Leave after class on Thursday and return late Sunday night. Just hope they don't have 8am's to wake up for on Monday's. Or their schedule could be heavy based on Tuesday/Thursday classes. I bet there is a lot of study hall on the bus tho :oops:
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Bb season is over, too.

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

This makes me as sad as missing March Madness. This team had a high probability of having a successful season, by any standard.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DanInAZ wrote: 4 years ago This makes me as sad as missing March Madness. This team had a high probability of having a successful season, by any standard.
If that makes you sad, Dan in Arizona.............read this. Can you imagine URI playing in Phoenix vs the likes of ASU, Texas and SDSU???

KINGSTON, R.I. - D1Baseball.com revealed its Field of 64 - for what would have been the 2020 NCAA Baseball Tournament - on Monday, slotting in Rhode Island as the Atlantic 10's automatic qualifier. The bracket prediction sent Rhody to Phoenix for the Arizona State Regional, along with San Diego State and Texas.

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-basebl ... 0526qe3bgl
1 x