Top 25 Polls 2019-20

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: Top 25 Polls 2019-20

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I bet if you could trade Brown and Richmonds losses with our VCU wins, you wouldn’t take the deal.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I bet if you could trade Brown and Richmonds losses with our VCU wins, you wouldn’t take the deal.
I tried to argue this, just one game for one of the two VCU games, but I couldn't.

Brown for VCU away game? No
Richmond for VCU away game? No

Well done. Best to keep the past in the past. Control what we can control, starting tomorrow.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I bet if you could trade Brown and Richmonds losses with our VCU wins, you wouldn’t take the deal.
If I had to make a trade, I'd trade Brown's loss for the VCU win at home...as of right now. If VCU moves into the NET top 30, then no, I don't give up a Q1 win no matter who the other loss is. We need VCU to win out (yes 208, including a win against Dayton) to get us another Q1 win.

Richmond will be a Q2 loss, that's survivable no matter what.

Q1 wins are too hard to come by and too valuable.

VCU's resume makes an interesting case though. They have 1 Q1 win but are ahead of us/right with us in almost every metric or bracketology report with the exception of AP voting. The no bad losses thing is their calling card.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The Richmond loss doesn't concern me. I might trade the Brown loss for the home VCU win. We'd still keep our quad one win by keeping the road VCU win but we'd have an extra quad two loss instead of a quad three loss by switching the Brown loss with the home VCU win. Ask me after the regular season if I would, because if I'd make that trade is dependent on if we needed the extra conference win for seeding or if Brown drops to a quadrant 4 game. Right now they're 229. If they drop below 240 that game is quadrant 4
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I could also easily see the committee using that Brown loss as the excuse to keep us out if it comes down to it. Especially if it gets to a point where they are picking between us and some P5. Just depends on how the rest of the season goes though obviously.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
If I had to make a trade, I'd trade Brown's loss for the VCU win at home...as of right now. If VCU moves into the NET top 30, then no, I don't give up a Q1 win no matter who the other loss is. We need VCU to win out (yes 208, including a win against Dayton) to get us another Q1 win.

VCU's resume makes an interesting case though. They have 1 Q1 win but are ahead of us/right with us in almost every metric or bracketology report with the exception of AP voting. The no bad losses thing is their calling card.
I think VCU will be Q1 by the end of the season.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
The Richmond loss doesn't concern me. I might trade the Brown loss for the home VCU win. We'd still keep our quad one win by keeping the road VCU win but we'd have an extra quad two loss instead of a quad three loss by switching the Brown loss with the home VCU win. Ask me after the regular season if I would, because if I'd make that trade is dependent on if we needed the extra conference win for seeding or if Brown drops to a quadrant 4 game. Right now they're 229. If they drop below 240 that game is quadrant 4
See, I’m not so bad to have a civil convo with. Lol, can we now bury the hatchet?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

Yeah me too. If that's the case, you're right I don't give up either for the Brown loss.

As much as that loss sucked - we've put 1, potentially 2 Q1 wins on the card in exchange for that loss. We all would take that any day.

Key is to avoid any Q3/Q4 slip ups in the final 5 of those games. Do that, and the Brown loss is an aberration instead of a pattern. Lose a 2nd bad game and that's tougher to overlook for the committee.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

In real life we didn’t have to choose either the Brown & Richmond losses or the two VCU wins. That’s a fake construct.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

I hope so, but those last 6 spots are going to be a tough hill to climb. They'd have to absolutely wax the lesser teams on the schedule not just beat them and might have to beat Dayton on the 18th on top of that to get there
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago In real life we didn’t have to choose either the Brown & Richmond losses or the two VCU wins. That’s a fake construct.
Very true - but it's a message board babayyy - fake constructs are the only things that get us through the days between games!

Give to Rhody's NIL
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago In real life we didn’t have to choose either the Brown & Richmond losses or the two VCU wins. That’s a fake construct.
Well duh, TP.

It was brought up for the sake of discussion lol
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

The brown loss alone will not keep us out. The brown loss with an additional bad loss will.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Coffee talk:

The KMac/Rhode Island relationship is an awful lot like the Severus Snape/Harry Potter relationship.

Just a really tough grader for no apparent reason.

Discuss.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The 1st and 2nd place A10 teams will get an auto bid based on OOC performance by the league and media perception. Finish in 1st or 2nd and we are IN, it's that simple.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago The 1st and 2nd place A10 teams will get an auto bid based on OOC performance by the league and media perception. Finish in 1st or 2nd and we are IN, it's that simple.
I even think if VCU handles the teams they are supposed to beat down the stretch and uri finishes 2nd the a10 will get 3 bids. But top 2 a10 teams are a lock for an at large.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......TJ was kinda funny in the Alumni Lounge, regarding a question from a fan that was ‘do the coaches pay attention to these ratings and that we could be there.....?’.......he laughed, and then said, “ I am not gonna lie to you, yeah we do......”
Ram logo via Grist 1938
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Some of the things a lot of posters like to speculate about really blows my mind. It is amazing how far ahead of things you like to write about.
With 9 conference games left why in the world do you want to speculate what our seeding could be and also report what some of the so called braketologists predict who we are playing and where. Pure insanity.

Why waste your time??
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

The different rating systems and the vital-ness of Q1/Q2 Ws is great talk fodder. But, not the be all end all. The be all end all for us is...finish 1st ...and you're in (like I finally convinced BAR ;) ). Be first in the conference, automatically in, and better seed.

How many teams at the end of the year will be kvetching, 'we had this Q1/Q2 record, and that team had a worse Q1/Q2 record...but they got in (or got seeded higher) and we didn't"? I'm going with "several." Which is just the way the NCAA wants it... it's all a bunch of sausage-making. Win the conference and by the more games the better.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I think we are a bad matchup for Dayton which is why I like our chances to get them. We are also familiar with them. I think we get 1 of the 2 but take another head scratching L.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Some of the things a lot of posters like to speculate about really blows my mind. It is amazing how far ahead of things you like to write about.
With 9 conference games left why in the world do you want to speculate what our seeding could be and also report what some of the so called braketologists predict who we are playing and where. Pure insanity.

Why waste your time??
Because it’s fun to talk about your team potentially making the NCAA tournament.

Pretty simple if you ask me (and everyone else).
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Some of the things a lot of posters like to speculate about really blows my mind. It is amazing how far ahead of things you like to write about.

Why waste your time??
What a strange thing to say. I mean the very fact that all of these bracketologist things even exist show that many people enjoy speculating about this stuff. It's talked about during virtually every broadcast of a college basketball game involving tournament caliber teams. Companies have hired people specifically to do this one thing...speculate about who's in/out, seeding, matchups, etc. So my point is, it's kind of a popular thing.

I mean you might as well say, why even waste your time watching basketball at all.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What else would we do on this board?

Talk about hookahs all day?
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

Why waste your time??
You kids get off my lawn!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hey you woodchucks stop chucking my wood!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Hey you woodchucks stop chucking my wood!
If you're on a message board...it's what you do...
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jesus the extent of the speculation was "hey playing in tampa would be great!"

It wasnt

"We are going to play in Tampa!!!!"
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Beat UMASS! Take them 1 at a time and the ratings will take care of themselves. Control what you can control. Get better. Keep up the intensity. Play as a team. Come to play your best every game. Don't look beyond your next opponent. Any team we play from now on can beat us.
NCAAs or Bust!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I am going to control what I can control. Which is nothing, because I'm not on the team. Therefore I'm gonna talk about fun stuff on a message board with other fans.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I am going to control what I can control. Which is nothing, because I'm not on the team. Therefore I'm gonna talk about fun stuff on a message board with other fans.
there's that adam...playin' a dangerous game...
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Oh, we don't control anything.

I guess everyone can just stay home tomorrow then.
The fans, the proverbial 6th man. Stay home.
Cheerleaders. Stay home.
Rammettes. Stay home.
Band. Stay home.
EZ Buckets. Stay home.
Steve and Don. Let some scrub announcers take over.

We don't control diddly squat, so why bother? We don't hype our guys up to pull through the tough spots during the game. The lapses. We don't rattle the opposing team. We don't voice our pleasure or displeasure. It's all trivial BS. When the team starts to sleepwalk and go through the motions like in the first ten minutes of the second half against VCU, just go to sleep yourself, right in the chair. Because we don't let anyone know what we feel is important or not important. When the shot clock is down within 5 seconds, and the team is fighting for the ball at the top of the arch, don't bother yelling out in unison the countdown to make sure they are aware there are vital moments left.

We're all wasting our time here, apparently. Who knew?
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Recruits, that atmosphere you saw Friday, forget that happened. We weren't actually there, it was an illusion. Don't let that factor into whether you want to come or not.

Let's just play in an empty arena. Apathy is now the way. Let's talk about nonsense. Carry on.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

You're not much for nuance, are you 3000?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Why waste your time??
Old mean screams get off of my lawn, you shouldn't have fun watching sports and your favorite team. News at 11
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago You're not much for nuance, are you 3000?
Well, you know. What happens on KeaneyBlue.com, stays on KeaneyBlue.com apparently.

So when Coach Cox basically said he appreciates our input and our passion and how vocal we are here, there, everywhere, he was just blowing smoke up our collective arses, because we don't control anything.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Jesus the extent of the speculation was "hey playing in tampa would be great!"

It wasnt

"We are going to play in Tampa!!!!"
Wait, I have to cancel my hotel reservations?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Oh, we don't control anything.

I guess everyone can just stay home tomorrow then.
The fans, the proverbial 6th man. Stay home.
Cheerleaders. Stay home.
Rammettes. Stay home.
Band. Stay home.
EZ Buckets. Stay home.
Steve and Don. Let some scrub announcers take over.

We don't control diddly squat, so why bother? We don't hype our guys up to pull through the tough spots during the game. The lapses. We don't rattle the opposing team. We don't voice our pleasure or displeasure. It's all trivial BS. When the team starts to sleepwalk and go through the motions like in the first ten minutes of the second half against VCU, just go to sleep yourself, right in the chair. Because we don't let anyone know what we feel is important or not important. When the shot clock is down within 5 seconds, and the team is fighting for the ball at the top of the arch, don't bother yelling out in unison the countdown to make sure they are aware there are vital moments left.

We're all wasting our time here, apparently. Who knew?
Well, that would give us a zero base from which to compare othe games against.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I am going to control what I can control. Which is nothing, because I'm not on the team. Therefore I'm gonna talk about fun stuff on a message board with other fans.
Nope, it's all on us, the fans, to take it one game at a time. Earlier tonight I skipped dinner to get up some extra shots. If you haven't had a throat lozenge in your mouth at all times since Friday in case Larry in section 309, row c, seat 12 doesn't bring it, do you even care about this team????
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Everyone stop posting. NOW!

Because, after all, the coaches, the fans, they don't read any of this to get a sense of what the general atmosphere is re: their livelihood before a given game. Let's just leave it in the hands of KMac and Dickie V, and the rest of the pollsters, they know better than us, our history and whatnot, the pitfalls that are specific to our program. Why are we commenting here.

Just blow off the game tomorrow. Players, you. We have a 89.7% chance of dancing apparently, we got this. UMass doesn't even want to be here tomorrow, someone twisted their arm and made them show up.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

It's a dick contest! Whip em out! You first, 02
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

🤔🤨
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

What are we even talking about here?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I think it's past some peoples bedtime
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago What are we even talking about here?
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I am going to control what I can control. Which is nothing, because I'm not on the team.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

We control NOTHING.

So why are we here?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

To talk about stuff we don’t control? We don’t control the weather, we talk about that. We don’t control the economy, we talk about that. We don’t control sports, but it’s fun to talk about it. This is, like, very basic no?
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Idk, what's the point of this message board existing? These three above say we have no influence over anything.

I'm very superstitious, so I'm controlling what I can control. I'm guessing there are others out there like me
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Even on Mork and Mindy, Mork could try to contact Orson. In this day and age, we can't send a group message to the team to just concentrate on the next game? What do they practice in Area 51?
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This forum needs tomorrows game ASAP
GO RAMS