RIP Kobe Bryant

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

RIP Kobe Bryant

Unread post by Obadiah »

Today the basketball world tragically lost Kobe Bryant in a helicopter crash that also took the life of his 13 year old daughter, Gianna, and seven other people. Bryant was revered worldwide for the impact and contribution he made to the sport of basketball, but he was also dedicated to making life better for so many others in different ways. The game of basketball is unique in that we fans are so close to the players and while we can be critical of performance, that closeness is also a reminder of our shared humanity and vulnerabilities we all have. Rest in peace, Black Mamba. You will be long remembered.
6 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: RIP Kobe Bryant

Unread post by reef »

Very very sad news RIP Kobe
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Legend
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

When I heard the news yesterday I realized I actually like Kobe. The news saddens me, he's a legend and he'll never be heard from again. Love or hate him, gotta respect him. He was as creative and intelligent in his field of expertise as any of the best innovators that embedded themselves in our pop psyche, the Jimi Hendrix or John Lennon of Basketball for comparison sake if you would.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

4 x
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

This goes beyond basketball I’m a Jordan guy but just reading about Kobe last 2 days gave me a different perspective on him—classy move by uri today at the Ryan center hopefully the game at mason can take my mind off this terrible tragedy—hug ur loved ones
0 x