1/18 | La Salle | 12:30PM (NBCSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

1/18 | La Salle | 12:30PM (NBCSN)

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs La Salle University
Ryan Center, Kingston, RI
Saturday, January 18, 2020
12:30PM

Media
TV: NBCSN
Online: NBCSN
Radio: 101.5 FM (B101) or iHeart Radio App
Tune In Radio

Previews:
La Salle’s Fan Forum

Down Dowtin in downtown Philly, Rhody is coming home after downing the Hawks by 10. Don’t get down as to how poorly the first half was, look on the bright side & see a comeback road conference win. La Salle comes to Rhode Island losing 3 of 4 in conference play with their only win at Fordham. La Salle has beaten the teams they should have during non-conference play, but they did not have any good victories. I am looking forward to seeing the match-up of two undersized guards, Fatts vs Ayinde Hikim. I am feeling a 4-steal game for Fatts on Saturday afternoon. I would like to see Cyril take over this game down low like he did last time they played Explorers where he went for 25 & 12. He is shooting 30.7 from the field over his last 4. Time to get that percentage back up to his season average of 45%. Like VCU, La Salle runs 10 players deep & they are all averaging double digits in minutes played as opposed to URI playing 8. I am sticking a random sentence here stating I like chicken wings to see if anyone actually reads this blurb. Anyway, URI should be close to double digit favorites in this game. They may not cover, but not getting a win here will be quite disappointing. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
10-6, 1-3 in the A10
Last season: 10-21, 8-10 in the A10

Rankings:
RPI: 116
KenPom: 178
NCAA NET: 179

Leaders :
Points – Isiah Deas, 12.0 (Sr., G)
Rebounds – Ed Croswell, 6.8 (Soph., G)
Assists – Ayinde Hikim, 3.4 (Fr., G) (2.5 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 30-9
H: 11-4, A: 15-5, N: 4-0
Most Recent Matchup: 3/14/19 76-57 W at the A10s
Most Recent Win Streak: 5 – URI
Match-up Predictor: 87.0% Chance of URI Winning
4 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Re: 1/18 | La Salle | 12:30PM (NBCSN)

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

boneless or not?
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I love chicken wings!
3 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Charlie O’s Buffalo boneless were my favorite anywhere!!!! I always read and appreciate your insight.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I read it and yes I love chicken wings also.

And URI should win this game by double digits, and will be favored by same.

Want to keep improving our NET? Cover the spread by playing better on offense.....get the ball inside please.

Stop winging it from outside! [See what I did there?]
2 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

The crowd should be decent as this is part of the 5 game mini pack. Hopefully some students show as well.
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago
University of Rhode Island vs La Salle University
Ryan Center, Kingston, RI
Saturday, January 18, 2020
12:30PM

Media
TV: NBCSN
Online: NBCSN
Radio: 101.5 FM (B101) or iHeart Radio App
Tune In Radio

Previews:
La Salle’s Fan Forum

Down Dowtin in downtown Philly, Rhody is coming home after downing the Hawks by 10. Don’t get down as to how poorly the first half was, look on the bright side & see a comeback road conference win. La Salle comes to Rhode Island losing 3 of 4 in conference play with their only win at Fordham. La Salle has beaten the teams they should have during non-conference play, but they did not have any good victories. I am looking forward to seeing the match-up of two undersized guards, Fatts vs Ayinde Hikim. I am feeling a 4-steal game for Fatts on Saturday afternoon. I would like to see Cyril take over this game down low like he did last time they played Explorers where he went for 25 & 12. He is shooting 30.7 from the field over his last 4. Time to get that percentage back up to his season average of 45%. Like VCU, La Salle runs 10 players deep & they are all averaging double digits in minutes played as opposed to URI playing 8. I am sticking a random sentence here stating I like chicken wings to see if anyone actually reads this blurb. Anyway, URI should be close to double digit favorites in this game. They may not cover, but not getting a win here will be quite disappointing. Go Rhody!!

Opponent
Record:
10-6, 1-3 in the A10
Last season: 10-21, 8-10 in the A10

Rankings:
RPI: 116
KenPom: 178
NCAA NET: 179

Leaders :
Points – Isiah Deas, 12.0 (Sr., G)
Rebounds – Ed Croswell, 6.8 (Soph., G)
Assists – Ayinde Hikim, 3.4 (Fr., G) (2.5 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 30-9
H: 11-4, A: 15-5, N: 4-0
Most Recent Matchup: 3/14/19 76-57 W at the A10s
Most Recent Win Streak: 5 – URI
Match-up Predictor: 87.0% Chance of URI Winning
The game previews are the best part of this board! I like chicken wings too!
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago boneless or not?
I like both but prefer the regular ones.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good job on the pregame write up Spookydog, and especially the timing coming right after the St Josephs Victory!

I liked the Chicken Wings trickery as well. GO RHODY!

Of note also is our legendary Obadiah had said that last week would be his last (for this season) doing the Weekly Games of Interest following the losses to Brown and Richmond. But THEN Rhody proceeded to beat Davidson, VCU and St Josephs!!
Next up LaSalle at Home then (15-2) Duquesne at Home. Two big games to rev up the Ryan Center for the now (11-5) (3-1) URI Rams.

A win over LaSalle will create the longest winning streak this season at 4 straight wins.

We need a win vs LaSalle also to keep Obadiah’s Weekly Games of Interest going. Everyone loves that thread. Maybe David Cox mentioned the possible loss of the Weekly Games of Interest at halftime last night? :D :D :D
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I read it and yes I love chicken wings also.

And URI should win this game by double digits, and will be favored by same.

Want to keep improving our NET? Cover the spread by playing better on offense.....get the ball inside please.

Stop winging it from outside! [See what I did there?]
I am not so sure that strategy will work due to turnovers.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good job on the pregame write up Spookydog, and especially the timing coming right after the St Josephs Victory!

I liked the Chicken Wings trickery as well. GO RHODY!

Of note also is our legendary Obadiah had said that last week would be his last (for this season) doing the Weekly Games of Interest following the losses to Brown and Richmond. But THEN Rhody proceeded to beat Davidson, VCU and St Josephs!!
Next up LaSalle at Home then (15-2) Duquesne at Home. Two big games to rev up the Ryan Center for the now (11-5) (3-1) URI Rams.

A win over LaSalle will create the longest winning streak this season at 4 straight wins.

We need a win vs LaSalle also to keep Obadiah’s Weekly Games of Interest going. Everyone loves that thread. Maybe David Cox mentioned the possible loss of the Weekly Games of Interest at halftime last night? :D :D :D
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LaSalle Game is part of the 5 Game Mini Plan

Game Plan includes:

Friday, December 6 vs. Providence
Saturday, December 21 vs. Western Kentucky
Saturday, January 18 vs. LaSalle
Friday, January 31 vs. VCU
Sunday, March 1 vs. Saint Louis
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Classes start next Wednesday. I’m not sure when they start letting students move back into the dorms, but the kids that live down the line should basically all be back by the end of this weekend I’d suspect. Hopefully enough are back for the whole weekend that some can get to the game. With a win, I’d imagine you’ll see a nice student turnout after the first day of classes on Wednesday against a 15-2/5-0 Duquesne team.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Must win.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

End their exploration.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Reminder: Shaidzon will be open at 11am to take care of your pregaming needs on Saturday.
2 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Classes start next Wednesday. I’m not sure when they start letting students move back into the dorms, but the kids that live down the line should basically all be back by the end of this weekend I’d suspect. Hopefully enough are back for the whole weekend that some can get to the game. With a win, I’d imagine you’ll see a nice student turnout after the first day of classes on Wednesday against a 15-2/5-0 Duquesne team.
The 18th, Saturday is the first day students can move back in. Should be a few there and with a win I wanna see the student section sold out vs Duquesne.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

...here we go, again. The season will not be made or broken by this game.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago Reminder: Shaidzon will be open at 11am to take care of your pregaming needs on Saturday.
Does Shaidzon serve food? I’m thinking lunch after the game
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago ...here we go, again. The season will not be made or broken by this game.
It’s yet another MUST game :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago
spookydog wrote: 4 years ago Reminder: Shaidzon will be open at 11am to take care of your pregaming needs on Saturday.
Does Shaidzon serve food? I’m thinking lunch after the game
They don't serve food, but may have a food truck or a vendor inside given it is a Saturday. I just don't know if it will be there before the game since it is an early game.
Tilly's is around the corner & you can bring outside food into the taproom.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Mongo wrote: 4 years ago Charlie O’s Buffalo boneless were my favorite anywhere!!!! I always read and appreciate your insight.
Chop House in Wakefield (the former Casey's location) servers their Legendary Buffalo Tenders which are the same recipe as Charlie O's used to have.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

My company is sponsoring Saturday's game so I think about 30 of us are going to be sitting in the Student Section. There are a few die hards within the mix so we can most certainly help out JV and the Spirit Squad.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago ...here we go, again. The season will not be made or broken by this game.
How many mid-majors make the tournament with more Q4 losses than Q1 wins?

Not for nothing I'll probably put the 'must' tag on every game except 1 Dayton game and VCU at home. We need more Q1 wins. We can't afford more Q4 losses.

Yeah there's plenty of basketball left - but 3 Q4 losses with plenty of basketball left is too big of a hole to dig out of. We're every other mid major that we look at when comparing resumes and say "BUT WHO DID THEY BEAT" and "LOOK WHO THEY LOST TO."

Lose another Q4 game and all the doom birds will be right that we need to win the A10 tournament (or sure, 14-15 games in a row) to make the tournament.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Micheal_Phelps_22
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Micheal_Phelps_22 »

Wings or drumsticks??

These write ups are fantastic. I usually wont even bother reading other pre game stuff, always get more than enough info from here.
3 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Micheal_Phelps_22 wrote: 4 years ago Wings or drumsticks??

These write ups are fantastic. I usually wont even bother reading other pre game stuff, always get more than enough info from here.
I like drumsticks better.

Thank you.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago
How many mid-majors make the tournament with more Q4 losses than Q1 wins?

Not for nothing I'll probably put the 'must' tag on every game except 1 Dayton game and VCU at home. We need more Q1 wins. We can't afford more Q4 losses.

Yeah there's plenty of basketball left - but 3 Q4 losses with plenty of basketball left is too big of a hole to dig out of. We're every other mid major that we look at when comparing resumes and say "BUT WHO DID THEY BEAT" and "LOOK WHO THEY LOST TO."

Lose another Q4 game and all the doom birds will be right that we need to win the A10 tournament (or sure, 14-15 games in a row) to make the tournament.
This is the rhetorical issue I ran into here after the Brown game. A bunch of people saying “well, technically, if we run the table from here out then we are fine, so this game actually didn’t matter at all.” That’s probably still the case here, so not surprised you’d get pushback even though you’re 100% right.

Realistically, assuming a very good but not perfect performance against the top teams left on the schedule, this team may not even be OK as it is but probably isn’t dead yet. It definitely cannot have any more Brown games. At Bonnies is probably not life or death, at Dayton, at Davidson, VCU, maybe SLU - depending which of those you lose you can maybe afford 2 or 3 more regular season losses and realistically have some reason to watch the selection show. But all the other games are going to be absolutely imperative to win. No more margin for error. Whatever margin for error we ever had (if any), we used it up during the first week of January. At some point you really do use up all your lives.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......Team Rankings now sez; our chance to Dance is now 54%, up 8 after Joes.....they rank URI #70 and 87% chance to beat their #183 LaSalle......they predict us to be 12-6 in A-10, 20-10 overall......they didn’t offer anything on wings or drums....Go Rhody......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree this is basically a must win for or at large chances

Season not over with a loss but it will be devastating
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

For anyone that doesn't view this game as a must win I would love to hear why...
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

It is obviously a must win.

I think winning out in january is almost imperative to beginning to feel good about a bid.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

When we play to our potential, we are a tournament team and can beat anyone left on the schedule (Dayton at least at home). As long as cox keeps their minds right.
4 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

No, our at large chances won't be broken by itself if we lose Saturday.

It will have been broken by that, plus losing to Brown. For those golfers out there, we've used our mulligan.

Agree with all those who say we have VERY little margin for error.

Any Q4 loss from here on out would be a disaster. Another Q3 loss and we're on the brink.

And it certainly wouldn't hurt to go undefeated at home the rest of the way.

We need to have at least a .500 record against the combination of Q1 and Q2 games, at minimum.

Currently at 1-3 in Q1 games, with one more definite and maybe one other.

Probably have 5 or 6 more Q2 games. Need to win most of them.

For this consistency challenged team, it's a tall order.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

The team needs to first play it's way ONTO the Bubble before we can talk about At Large chances. This game is just the next step. Win, and we are one step closer.
5 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Agreed.

Have to go a bare minimum of 10-4 and likely 11-3 to be on the bubble come conference tourney.

And of those 3 or 4 losses, can't have more than one Q3 loss.

If there's a hope, the fact that the race for 2nd in the conference has become wide open among 5 teams.

VCU was thought to be the number 2.....now not so sure.

Richmond just lost their top scorer.

Not sold on Duquesne yet.

St. Louis looks good...we'll know more about that this week.

And of course us.

Bonnies have kind of snuck up since their bad start...they usually do, but we'll see about that.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

What's funny is that in my 35 years of being a fan of Rhody hoops we have received maybe 5 total "at large" bids...yet now on this board every season is a disaster and not worth watching unless that is the end result, and every game is a must win as a result. I guess Dan did raise the roof here a bit but some of this is nauseating and when you hear the players talk they hint at none of this is what they think of, they are trying to get better every day, compete at the highest level and play 1 game at a time. I realize some of this is part of being a fan and part of being on this message board, but some of it is also a bit too much. Enjoy the season, these are 20 year old kids not robots. They may have a slip up whether they can afford to or not, and yet life will go on.
5 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Yes BAR, it's NCAA or Bust. Dan didn't raise the roof, Harrick did. And maybe Fatt's thinks different in this quote "Russell said they were playing for something bigger than just winning this game." As a fan, I just want to make up the ground we lost from '99 until DH.
6 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Yes. I want them to get an at large bid every year. That’s the whole point.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago What's funny is that in my 35 years of being a fan of Rhody hoops we have received maybe 5 total "at large" bids...yet now on this board every season is a disaster and not worth watching unless that is the end result, and every game is a must win as a result. I guess Dan did raise the roof here a bit but some of this is nauseating and when you hear the players talk they hint at none of this is what they think of, they are trying to get better every day, compete at the highest level and play 1 game at a time. I realize some of this is part of being a fan and part of being on this message board, but some of it is also a bit too much. Enjoy the season, these are 20 year old kids not robots. They may have a slip up whether they can afford to or not, and yet life will go on.
“We told each other we were playing for something bigger than just winning this game,” Russell said. “This loss would have hurt us. Throughout the huddle, you heard that consistently.”
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago What's funny is that in my 35 years of being a fan of Rhody hoops we have received maybe 5 total "at large" bids...yet now on this board every season is a disaster and not worth watching unless that is the end result, and every game is a must win as a result. I guess Dan did raise the roof here a bit but some of this is nauseating and when you hear the players talk they hint at none of this is what they think of, they are trying to get better every day, compete at the highest level and play 1 game at a time. I realize some of this is part of being a fan and part of being on this message board, but some of it is also a bit too much. Enjoy the season, these are 20 year old kids not robots. They may have a slip up whether they can afford to or not, and yet life will go on.
This is exactly the problem. EVERYONE needs to raise their standards. That was what Danny kept trying to do.

I mean you’re right, the whole ethos of this statement flies in the face of being a fan. It’s short for fanatic.

We can enjoy while having high expectations.

The philosophy that’s plagued this program FOREVER is this “rah rah this is family friendly fun - but we’re poor little cow town Rhode Island it’s just a game so we don’t need to compete with those “big” basketball programs anywhere outside of the state” horseshit.

Through literally every single era of basketball a coach has proven with results that this program can be great with the proper dedication from the fans and school.

Then for some reason people shrug when it’s over because they refuse to commit and just say “well we did it so that was fun, who wants to go birdwatching now?”

STOP.

Demand more from this program. It’s an insult to this team, these players, the coaching staff, and anyone who’s ever put forth any effort towards the betterment of basketball at URI.

Truly supporting and loving something or someone is understanding their capabilities and rooting for them to maximize them. Holding them accountable when they fall short.

Having great expectations of great people is the best gift ever.

This team is GOOD. They are capable of being great. Expect that of them. That’s what a fan would do.

It’d be shameful of us to expect any less of this team than they expect of themselves.

Stop shortchanging this team because you don’t like reading the emotions of people who really care.
Last edited by Blue Man 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
10 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Best post I’ve read here in quite sometime.

So many of you really get beside yourselves. It’s something I will never understand, but to each his/her own.

People dislike me here because of the assumption of where my allegiances lie...and I’ll take that...but I’ll defend this TEAM until my account and IP are banned.

Go Rhody and thanks for the post, BAR.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

This is exactly the problem. EVERYONE needs to raise their standards. That was what Danny kept trying to do.

I mean you’re right, the whole ethos of this statement flies in the face of being a fan. It’s short for fanatic.

The philosophy that’s plagued this program FOREVER is this “rah rah this is family friendly fun - but we’re poor little cow town Rhode Island it’s just a game so we don’t need to compete with those “big” basketball programs anywhere outside of the state” horseshit.

Through literally every single era of basketball a coach has proven with results that this program can be great with the proper dedication from the fans and school.

Then for some reason people shrug when it’s over because they refuse to commit and just say “well we did it so that was fun, who wants to go birdwatching now?”

STOP.

Demand more from this program. It’s an insult to this team, these players, the coaching staff, and anyone who’s ever put forth any effort towards the betterment of basketball at URI.

Truly supporting and loving something or someone is understanding their capabilities and rooting for them to maximize them. Holding them accountable when they fall short.

Stop shortchanging this team because you don’t like reading the emotions of people who really care.
YES!!!!!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

STOP.

Yeah you're right Blueman, you are the only one who cares. My family (and I) have been season ticket holders for 40+ years, I drive 200 miles to and from RC to attend games and have traveled to every single NCAA game we have ever played. It's called perspective...so with all due respect GTFOH
Last edited by bigappleram 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I have very high standards for this team

I think that’s why I get so aggravated when we lose and can’t sleep

NCAA OR BUST !
4 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

People need to make signs saying “ 🔩 NCAA “
Hold them up proud!!! Let the nation know how bad we have been messed with!!!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I have higher expectations for this whole basketball program. Frank Keaney invented the damn Fast Break. Harrick built the Ryan Center. As a student in the 90's we went to 4 NCAAT. And got to the Elite 8 and won the A10 Championship. So this program is capable of being a Butler/Xavier/Gonzaga type program. Maybe I'll stop bitching when we get there.
8 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

If you back up those expectations and words with action in terms of supporting the program/school then you have a right to feel that way. If you don’t, then you don’t.

And this is not about having lower expectations, it’s about not treating every game we play as a must win followed by emotional rants in game threads throwing players, coaches under the bus if they fail to deliver. That is what is the nauseating part.
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Maybe we should have a restricted game thread then that self destructs when the game is over like uconn. If people get upset about game threads then maybe that's the solution. TP or ATP, can that be set up here?

Also yes I support the program. I was in the Alumni Lounge for years until my daughter enrolled. You know how much it cost to send your kid to URI and live on campus nowadays? As a RI resident? Over $100K.
Last edited by theblueram 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Lol. Self destructing threads. I just stay out of game threads until it’s over. And let’s just get back to Lasalle bc this is going nowhere. Plus I’ve now learned only Blueman cares and has ambition, best thing I’ve read here ever.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

STOP.

Yeah you're right Blueman, you are the only one who cares. My family (and I) have been season ticket holders for 40+ years, donated more money to the school and athletics than you will in your life, I drive 200 miles to and from RC to attend games and have traveled to every single NCAA game we have ever played. It's called perspective...so with all due respect GTFOH
We have varying understandings of what "caring" means. Talk about perspective.

This certainly wasn't meant to be a who's a bigger URI fan dick measuring contest - but sick brag?

My family (and I) have been season ticket holders for years before I was born. I really hope you do donate more money than I do, because I donate a significantly larger chunk of my EBITA to athletics than I should. It can't be that earth-shattering since we don't have a practice facility, so step it up?

I didn't move 200 miles away from the Ryan Center for a specific reason. I have a Ram tattooed on my body. And if I thought any of that made me a "better fan" or superior person to you, it would make me a douche. Kind of like what your post was. A factory of douche.

I was pointing out the juxtaposition of someone who has posted on a message board dedicated to a college basketball team 5500 times, talking about how life goes on no matter what happens in basketball.

Yeah. Thanks Copernicus. We realize that this isn't the literal center of the universe.

No one has literally jumped off a bridge because of a basketball loss like we've talked about. This is a hyperbole factory. It's a stress relief.

Sports are escapism. It's fun getting caught up in something bigger than yourself. It's exciting to go on a rollercoaster where you put your hopes and emotions on the backs of a bunch of college kids simply because they wear the same colors on their uniforms that you once did. Or liked growing up. Or whatever.

But your staid, laissez-faire attitude, if you're such a big swinging dick donor, is part of the problem.

THIS PROGRAM DESERVES PEOPLE THAT ARE EMOTIONALLY TIED TO ITS SUCCESS. THATS WHY WE NEVER GET A COACH TO STAY. THATS WHY WE NEVER SUSTAIN SUCCESS.

So you like to pretend that because you write a check and show up to games that you're the gold standard for program support - but whatever happens, at the end of the day you literally don't care if we win or lose - because you're so cool and suave and you "get it" like that long haired how do you like them apples dude in Good Will Hunting.

Now I'm certainly not saying that I'm some perfect fan or supporter. I'm literally in an emotionally unstable, probably unhealthy love affair with my basketball team. I have been since March of 87. I'm an asshole. I'm honest, but I'm an asshole. It is what it is.

But at least it matters to me at my core. At least I'm authentic about everything I say on here - because it comes directly from the center of my being onto this website. Right wrong or indifferent there's plenty of both of our kinds in this fanbase. Really, I tip my cap to people like you who can not worship at the alter of their sports teams and separate their emotional well-being from the success of their basketball team. Unfortunately I'm not wired like that. I care. On a deeeeeep deep level I care.

So if you're the rich sugar daddy supporting the program financially, I'm the horny pool boy taking care of the physical things you don't have time to because you're working to buy the program another beach house. The program needs both of us. But it’d be nice if you tended to the emotional needs a bit more sometimes.

I'm happy you are so rich that you can donate so much more money to this program than I'll ever see in my life. I hope you donate so much god damn money that it gets us a practice facility. We all win when you do that.

Just understand that us poor people who are so lucky to be able to afford a ticket to the game don't have all your material wealth need to get our satisfaction from wins because we don't have a super sick castle to drive our Bentley home to.
Last edited by Blue Man 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL