ATP TOUR TALK

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
Sox1
Abdul Fox

ATP TOUR TALK

Unread post by Sox1 »

We have an admin with ATPTOUR right in the name and I want a place to talk about it.

Who is your favorite player? Which big 3 (4) camp are you in? Who do you think is going to make the next step and win a Slam or Masters events? Whats going on this week that's worth talking about?

I'll start - I work for a company who produces the courts for the Olympics US open etc. so I got into tennis through the work culture and learning about the product. Now im watching Tennis TV catching up on match replays I've missed - if I don't have the match going on a second monitor...

My 3 favorite players are Shapovalov - who got his first win last week, Tiafoe - love his style but needs to stop with the errors, Schwartzman is awesome, and I have a soft spot for Kyrios. Fed is the GOAT and it makes me sad that I'll only have a few more years to say that.

This week's tournaments are Basel and Vienna. Feds gonna win Basel, but Vienna is interesting. I think Theim goes down today to PCB and wouldnt be surprised to see Berretini take it.

So those are my initial thoughts, let me know what you think and I'd love to hold an active discussion here or with anyone else on the goings-on of the ATP Tour.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: ATP TOUR TALK

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I am by no means a tennis expert, but closely follow the Grand Slam tournaments. I wish I had played more when I was younger, tennis is the only sport I play left-handed, so I probably could have been a decent player- guess it's never too late. Two of my favorite athletes out of all sports I follow are Serena and Federer.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I was always old school my favs were Mc Enroe Jimmy Connors Sampras and Agassi
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Agassi was my favorite I used to run his website back in the late 90s. Not too many players had a website back then.

I have an official Wimbledon glossy program from 2000 which has a big write up about my site and other players who have sites. Also had it mentioned in tennis magazine and a few others.

Check it out

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208144 ... esite.com/
3 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

If there were more Andre Agassis around, tennis would be much bigger now than it is. There isn’t even a Pete Sampras - no Americans that seriously compete, even boring ones.

The only interesting (men’s) tennis player now is Nick Kyrgios, and he’s kind of a psycho, not American, and not really that good. The Wimbledon final this year between Djokavic and Federer was awesome, but that’s the first tennis match I watched on purpose in a decade and only because it was so wild that everyone was talking about it so I knew to put it on. I need an American tennis star to get really invested again, tbh.

Also, hope you’re doing ok, ATP.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Early 90s with Sampras Agassi Courier Chang was great for American men’s tennis since then its seemed to go downhill
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Today's big 3 just keep winning majors, and hardly show any signs of slowing down even in their early and late 30's, except for a nagging injury now and then. Nadal will end up the all time leader in majors won, due to his amazing record in French Opens and the likelihood he wins at least a couple more.

In a few years all that will change, but just who will replace them as dominant players?

As for Federer, he's amazing too. He's his sports' Brady.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Federer Tiger Brady Jordan Gretzky the true Goats of their respective sports
0 x
Sox1
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Sox1 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago If there were more Andre Agassis around, tennis would be much bigger now than it is. There isn’t even a Pete Sampras - no Americans that seriously compete, even boring ones.

The only interesting (men’s) tennis player now is Nick Kyrgios, and he’s kind of a psycho, not American, and not really that good. The Wimbledon final this year between Djokavic and Federer was awesome, but that’s the first tennis match I watched on purpose in a decade and only because it was so wild that everyone was talking about it so I knew to put it on. I need an American tennis star to get really invested again, tbh.

Also, hope you’re doing ok, ATP.
Nick is out of his mind.

The final Masters 1000 event is taking place this week and has all the top players in attendance. Its the level just below grand slams. winners make 7 figures at these.

There are some really good really young American players coming up, Taylor Fritz - basically born and bred to be a professional tennis player (mom was a former top 10 player, dad a coach), Frances Tiafoe - Consistency will be tough for him, but he's one of the few guys that have winners on command. Riley Opelka whose 6'11" and one of the best serves on tour. Issue with this is that there are a ton of really good really young players on the come up all over the world. Russia/Canada/Germany all have world class players representing them under the age of 23. The era we are in now is interesting - the big 3 are amazing and the gatekeepers of greatness, but they're showing signs of being beatable now AND Andy Murray, who was left for dead won an ATP tour level tournament this month.
0 x
Sox1
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Sox1 »

ATP Next Gen Finals, the best players who are 21 years old or younger (who are not in the Tour Finals), was won by an 18 year old Italian Jannik Sinner who smacks the SHIT out of the ball. He beat the only American competing - Francis Tiafoe.

ATP Tour Finals - the top 8 players on the season, was won by a Greek player Stefanos Tsistipas a 21 year old with quite the personality. Extremely impressive for someone whos only 21 to win this when the entire big 3 is in attendance.

I realized that this is a really shitty time to post about the ATP Tour as the season is functionally over until January and the Australian Open, but I'm going to keep posting with match-ups I like, betting lines I've found intriguing and other tennis topics related to the ATP tour and Challenger Tours (minor leagues). If anyone has any questions about the Tour or wants to talk shit about my opinions, lets do it!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cool let’s pound the bookies with great tennis picks
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The changing of the guard is coming soon on the hard courts, when it comes to the top players. The ATP finals case in point.

The big 3 are starting to show their age....the young guys are bigger and stronger and hit the crap out of the ball.

As for clay, Nadal will still rule for a while.
0 x