GM 2 Football vs Delaware 7pm Saturday Sept 7

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
ramster
Frank Keaney

GM 2 Football vs Delaware 7pm Saturday Sept 7

Unread post by ramster »

1st Home Game for Rhody Under New Lights and New Field

Delaware is Preseason Ranked #6 in CAA and #29 Nationally in FCS by College Sports Madness

Stats will have their CAA Preview out on August 14th

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17666

Aug. 7: Big Sky Conference
Aug. 8: Southwestern Athletic Conference
Aug. 9: Southland Conference
Aug. 12: Ohio Valley Conference
Aug. 13: Big South Conference
Aug. 14: CAA Football
Aug. 15: Northeast Conference
Aug. 16: Southern Conference
Aug. 19: Patriot League
Aug. 20: Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Aug. 21: Pioneer Football League
Aug. 22: Missouri Valley Football Conference
Aug. 23: Ivy League
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: GM 2 Football vs Delaware 7pm Saturday Sept 7

Unread post by ramster »

Delaware Ranked #22 in Stats Preseason Poll released August 6

22. Delaware (7-5), 798; Final 2018 Ranking: 24
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

A month away from tomorrow. Can't believe it!
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I was on campus yesterday for my daughter’s move in. I figured I would hit the Ryan Center while I was there to buy tickets for the Delaware game. I wanted to do this in person because I need handicap tickets for two people. I’ve done this before and find it better to speak with someone in person. I was surprised to find out the box office was closed yesterday. It is open from Monday - Thursday in the summer. I get that for the other weeks, but there was a lot of activity on campus yesterday, including parents. I think opening yesterday and sending an email blast to parents to let them know that would have been a good idea.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago I was on campus yesterday for my daughter’s move in. I figured I would hit the Ryan Center while I was there to buy tickets for the Delaware game. I wanted to do this in person because I need handicap tickets for two people. I’ve done this before and find it better to speak with someone in person. I was surprised to find out the box office was closed yesterday. It is open from Monday - Thursday in the summer. I get that for the other weeks, but there was a lot of activity on campus yesterday, including parents. I think opening yesterday and sending an email blast to parents to let them know that would have been a good idea.
Yeah...probly woulda been a good idea to be open when the pocketbooks and wallets parents were there...
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Delaware coming in 1-0 after beating Delaware State 31-13.

Pat Kehoe back at QB. Very good QB.

New faces on the receiving core but they got the job done last week.

Defense should have a lot of new faces I believe. A lot of their lead guys were seniors last season.

Cannot wait for the game under the lights!
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Just some names/stats in the Delaware Box Score from Week 1..

Offense

QB Pat Kehoe- 18/28 186 yards 2 TDs

RB DeJoun Lee- 9 rushes 53 yards
RB Andre Robinson- 9 rushes 27 yards

WR Thyrick Pitts- 6 catches 81 yards 1 TD

Defense

LB Kedrick Whitehead- 7 TOT

DB Justis Henley- 7 TOT

DL Cam Kitchen- 2 TOT, 1 TFL
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Fleming’s press conference today. Asked about practicing under the lights - he said that he hopes to but as of today the lights were not working yet. 😳

0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

From Delaware Board “T or F” - URI is Delaware’s most important game In September?”

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25908
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

This is a winnable game!

The Blue Hen fans are talking about how they are worried about their young secondary.

A young secondary against our wide outs is not a good thing for them.

If Vito can deliver it deep to Parker against Ohio then he should be able to against Delaware.

We shall see.

If we come out of the game thinking our QB played well.... its bound to be a win.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Interesting to compare URI and Delaware in a broadest possible context for UD represents a model to be emulated..

Anyone who has visited UD has to come away impressed with the substantial support and investment in both the academic and athletics facilities at the school, which gives it a beautiful campus. Compared to URI, UDelaware is an older, larger school (4000 more undergraduates) with a substantially larger endowment. UD also has the advantage of being both the flagship and premier institution in that state. Unlike RI and its higher educational riches, Delaware has few private schools of any note.

Delaware's greater support, both public and private, gives the school superb athletic facilities far better than URI. The school just completed a $60 million renovation of Delaware Stadium as one example. The only exception to this is in basketball where URI's Ryan Center is some 60% bigger than the UD arena. UD last season averaged about 2,000 per game (lower than Vermont's) as compared to 5,700 for URI. Delaware plays all its sports in the CAA which is lower level to the A-10.

Another big difference is that UD is an in-town school whereas URI has a rural location, each setting having advantages and disadvantages. UD's campus is close to Newark's downtown and its attractions, but the campus is sprawling and is composed of other campus districts, apart from the central campus as opposed to the walkability of URI.

URI's advantage is the school's excellent campus layout given its location on Kingston Hill with the academic and commercial districts on top of hill on east end, the residence halls on the hillside and athletic facilities located on the plains district at base of hill on the west. As a land rich school, URI enjoys large expansion potential to the north and west and in the case of Athletics also to the south (Peckham Farm). Despite Delaware's larger size, URI will have an equivalent on campus student population of about 7000, once the new Brookside residence hall opens in January. The URI residence halls are convenient to all athletics playing venues.

We have lots of work to do to get URI closer to the Delaware model, but URI is at a "transformative" junction in its history on both the academic and athletics fronts. I am hopeful that the Meade field renovations and lights are just the beginning of a Meade stadium rebuild. Now let's go beat Delaware.
1 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

I think DuPont donated a lot of Money to Udel
university of Delaware
Newark, DE

University Website: www.udel.edu/
Apply Online: https://www.commonapp.org/school/university-delaware
Provided by Wikipedia

The University of Delaware (colloquially "UD") is the largest university in Delaware. The main campus is in Newark, with satellite campuses in Dover, Wilmington, Lewes, and Georgetown. It is medium-sized – approximately 16,000 undergraduate and 3,500 graduate students. Although UD receives public funding for being a land-grant, sea-grant, space-grant and urban-grant state-supported research institution, it is also privately chartered. At present, the school's endowment is valued at about $962 million US.

UD is considered as a very high research activity university by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The school has renowned engineering, science, business, hospitality management, education, urban affairs and public policy, public administration, agriculture, history, chemical engineering, chemistry and biochemistry programs, among others, drawing from the historically strong presence of the nation's chemical and pharmaceutical industries in the state of Delaware, such as DuPont and W. L. Gore and Associates. It is one of only four schools in North America with a major in art conservation. UD was the first American university to begin a study abroad program.

The school from which the university grew was founded in 1743, making it one of the oldest in the nation. However, UD was not chartered as an institution of higher learning until 1833. Its original class of ten students included George Read, Thomas McKean, and James Smith, all three of whom would go on to sign the Declaration of Independence.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Rhode Island -4 (-120)
Delaware +4 (-120)

This according to 5Dimes.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Stone Freeman joined the podcast this week to recap Ohio and preview Delaware. He also gives a little detail about his opportunity to announce the Rhody games on FloSports and Yurview. Check it out!
1 x
Kirby.Krackle
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Kirby.Krackle »

So far, its looking like the rain will end later in the morning. Supposed to be super windy during the morning but calm down by 7 aswell. Lets hope for some great weather for this exciting occasion!
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Huz-zah!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Delaware is starting

THREE freshman DB's.

2 are safeties 1 is a corner.

The other starting corner is a junior.

The rest of the DBs are all underclassmen except one other junior whose a third stringer.

No way we shouldn't be able to TORCH them.
They start a couple other freshman too. At linebacker and DE.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Anyone from here planning on tailgating? Not sure what time I am heading over but am looking forward to it. I need to buy a ticket tomorrow but thinking it’s not low ticket alert yet
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We'll see if Vito is capable of taking advantage of their secondary.

Our own defense will have to make stops also.

Likely a high scoring affair....can we win a close game....Fleming's record isn't exactly stellar.
0 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

Game preview with Jim Fleming quotes here.

https://www.providencejournal.com/sport ... -blue-hens
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Let’s torch em downfield.
0 x
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Bill Koch wrote: 4 years ago Game preview with Jim Fleming quotes here.

Was it not logical for the photo editor to use the beautiful night shot of Meade Stadium that circulated all over Twitter and Insta for this story?
1 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Big apple-correct.
asking way too much
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Exactly. That is a level of professionalism and competence that I think is a pretty big stretch for the old local paper.

Looks like streaming on something called “flofootball.com”, as are many other games on the schedule. Anyone have any experience using this streaming site? I’ve never heard of it.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

didn't see the night pic...can someone post it?
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

True point,last week’s broadcast was excellent. I have new computer though.
You can run it from a computer to a TV with a HDMI cable. Just like watching a regular broadcast.
May need adapter. All less than $20.
1 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

Was it not logical for the photo editor to use the beautiful night shot of Meade Stadium that circulated all over Twitter and Insta for this story?
Pretty simple, really. Photo selections for any publication -- newspaper, magazine, website, etc -- employ this hierarchy:
-- Your own photographers
-- Your contracted wire service (AP, Getty, etc)
-- Freelance/submitted

I understand the natural inclination in some corners of this board to criticize The Journal. Sometimes I might even agree with one or two of the points made. Turn the page on this one.

Enjoy the night. Hope it's great weather. Spoke to Thorr earlier this week and could tell he was excited to finally have this day come.
5 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Bill, I agree that was a stupid criticism.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Wish I could make this historic game, is it on the radio? I don't see it listed for any of the games and I couldn't find Steve last weekend either. Thanks!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Looks like streaming on something called “flofootball.com”, as are many other games on the schedule. Anyone have any experience using this streaming site? I’ve never heard of it.
They are relatively new in the game, a startup in Austin, and got some big backing recently which has led to them buying up some lower level college streaming rights. Probably not sustainable long term, but they are trying to make a name for themselves in the streaming business. I've never used them myself yet.

Looks like it'll cost $12.50/month to get a subscription and see the game tonight.

EDIT: Actually just went through the sign up process and its $12.50/month if you sign up for a full year. If you want to go monthly its actually $20/month.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Looks like streaming on something called “flofootball.com”, as are many other games on the schedule. Anyone have any experience using this streaming site? I’ve never heard of it.
They are relatively new in the game, a startup in Austin, and got some big backing recently which has led to them buying up some lower level college streaming rights. Probably not sustainable long term, but they are trying to make a name for themselves in the streaming business. I've never used them myself yet.

Looks like it'll cost $12.50/month to get a subscription and see the game tonight.

EDIT: Actually just went through the sign up process and its $12.50/month if you sign up for a full year. If you want to go monthly its actually $20/month.
So, it costs more to watch it on TV than to go in person. (I get that it's not practical for some to go...just an odd cost structure in this instance)
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah agreed, that price is way too high. Obviously you get access to tons of other events to, but its not much that anybody would actually want to watch.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Bill Koch wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

Pretty simple, really. Photo selections for any publication -- newspaper, magazine, website, etc -- employ this hierarchy:
-- Your own photographers
-- Your contracted wire service (AP, Getty, etc)
-- Freelance/submitted

I understand the natural inclination in some corners of this board to criticize The Journal. Sometimes I might even agree with one or two of the points made. Turn the page on this one.

Enjoy the night. Hope it's great weather. Spoke to Thorr earlier this week and could tell he was excited to finally have this day come.
It wasn’t a criticism it was a question, given the headline referred to the fact that this game will be played under the lights it would have seemed logical to show that image.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I believe any local Cox subscribers should be able to watch the game on their Yurview station. I checked my guide and it’s channel 4. It states just “college football” for their 7-10 window, but I’m almost positive I heard it will be the URI game. I also saw a reference to a half hour URI preview show that aired at 1:00 and is supposed to air again at 6:00.

I’ll be there tonight!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

If I was in-market I’d probably just go to the game rather than watch it on TV. Only being able to see the game by paying a $20/mo subscription to some random streaming service is pretty lame. 0.0% chance I’m giving this company $20 to stream this game. Too bad URI couldn’t reach some kind of agreement to sub-license just their games and stream it for a reasonable fee. Charging such an exorbitant amount is insane when nobody is buying in for all their content - likely anyone looking to stream on that site will be doing so to watch one particular team. They’d probably make more money selling the streams a la carte because way way more people would do that.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago

So, it costs more to watch it on TV than to go in person. (I get that it's not practical for some to go...just an odd cost structure in this instance)
Funny - the phone app was trying to charge $12.50 but the web site $7.99? Either way, I'm not paying for it.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I paid 19.99 for the monthly. Will basketball games be broacasted through FLO as well? I plan on canceling as soon as the last football game ends unless they have basketball games as well.
0 x
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

Are these games not on the radio anymore?
0 x
HensRock
Jim Eitner

Unread post by HensRock »

Ramrod wrote: 4 years ago Are these games not on the radio anymore?
If you don't mind listening to the Delaware broadcast, you can find it at http://www.wdsd.com
0 x
HensRock
Jim Eitner

Unread post by HensRock »

If you don't mind listening to the Delaware broadcast, you can find it at wdsd.com
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Javier-Castillo could end up being 1st team CAA. Huge interception
URI winning 3-0 early.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Mbye with the huge interception stopping a solid Delaware run here in the second quarter.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Use the Tunein radio app.

https://tunein.com/radio/Rhode-Island-Football-s296977/
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....I know it is early, but YurTV has work to do, the announcers are meh at best, Stone Freeman is not bad.....I like his hoops work......keep in mind I have not been interested at all in Rhody football.....but the new lights and turf got my interest up from none, to some......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Let’s go!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

For my entire life there would have been no way a URI kicker would make a 45 yard FG to send the game to OT against a ranked team. Just no possible way he would have made it. Kind of cool that that isn’t our football team anymore, win or lose this game.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Fun time there tonite...a win would've been a lot better, of course, but great atmosphere. A little surprised that the tailgate area wasn't more lively. Tons of U Del fans made the trip...
0 x