‘22 MI SF - Ty Rodgers (Illinois)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: ‘22 MI SF - Ty Rodgers (Offer)

Unread post by ramster »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago
URI Football @ Brown Saturday 12:30pm Sept 18th.
URI Soccer takes on VCU at 7pm Saturday night Sept 18

Hope the weather is great that weekend. South County in the Fall is beautiful.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If Cox can land this kid, my feelings will change quite a bit. Go Cox, land this kid!!!!!!!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Don’t underestimate TJ Buchanan in anything he is involved with. Good guy, knows how to relate to players and he very much knows the URI Program.

URI has a nice history of landing and developing players from Michigan in Preston Murphy, TJ Buchanan and EC Mathews.

Todd Bozeman played at URI, Head Coach at PAC 12 California. He knows how to recruit.

David Cox connects very well with high school basketball players and their families.

Rogers would get plenty of playing time right from the start. EC a prime example of early playing time in a career. Solid mid major conference. Beautiful campus.

I think we land Ty Rogers. We were on him very early - often a very good thing.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Some recruits have short memories. It will take a special kid to turn down the big boys.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Kid just needs a big NIL. Every other school is doing it, i.e Memphis. Just need to open the purse strings for these kids.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Kid just needs a big NIL. Every other school is doing it, i.e Memphis. Just need to open the purse strings for these kids.
*Paging Stefan Soloviev and Tom Ryan*
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Obviously this would be huge...Does anyone know if we actually have a shot or is he putting our name there because we were the first to offer?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

If we are getting a visit and this young man makes it here.... we stand a chance! Wishing Coach Cox and Staff the best of luck with Ty. This would obviously be a great get and send a message nationally and within the conference. Glad we are still involved with a high end talent and cautiously hoping for some good news. We have gone stale as a program and definitely need a lift.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Obviously this would be huge...Does anyone know if we actually have a shot or is he putting our name there because we were the first to offer?
Hopefully it’s not because we were his first offer.

I remember Harris had all those big time programs, us, and then like Southern Utah is his final schools, most likely because they were his first offer.

Hopefully Rodgers is seriously considering us!
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago If Cox can land this kid, my feelings will change quite a bit. Go Cox, land this kid!!!!!!!
This would be an insane get, but I don't think recruiting has ever been the issue with Cox. He's one of the best recruiters out there in my opinion. If he can improve his coaching next season AND continue to land talented players then we have the chance to be a top program in the A10 again..
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago If Cox can land this kid, my feelings will change quite a bit. Go Cox, land this kid!!!!!!!
This would be an insane get, but I don't think recruiting has ever been the issue with Cox. He's one of the best recruiters out there in my opinion. If he can improve his coaching next season AND continue to land talented players then we have the chance to be a top program in the A10 again..
I agree with you Stevey, I trust Cox's recruiting skills, some of the other coaching aspects have been more of a concern.
He has done a good job assembling our roster, now they need to prove themselves and he has to win with them.

We have been in on several highly ranked recruits aside from Rodgers: Skillings, Fernandez, Buchanan, and Pierre. Also Nate Brafford who has a very high upside. Regardless of what happens, I still think our team is looking good for 22-23 and Chance is an excellent commitment.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

He visited early, but UConn’s not recruiting him. They have Karaban, Clingan, and Floyd (before he moved up) in the ‘22 class. Unless something unexpected happens, they’re not really looking to get anyone until the spring, if there’s room.

0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

CANCELLED 😂

Was never coming here anyways
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams