Charlie O’s

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Charlie O’s

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2-Sand- ... /16518987/

Distress sale = he needs that money faaaast
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......some local street talk, many hands old.......purchased by Kevin Finnegan.......?
.......or the Independent Man.......or some one from CT and their way out of South County tonite.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago .......some local street talk, many hands old.......purchased by Kevin Finnegan.......?
.......or the Independent Man.......or some one from CT and their way out of South County tonite.....
Ahh... that would be very interesting. Kevin knows what he's doing.

I had heard Charlie wanted to buy it, but I also think the man is heartbroken over what Charlie O's became.

On social media that Bon Vue is definitely capitalizing on the loss of Chucks, not like there's really anywhere else for these kids to go anyway, at least BV is the only place left for the bars I actually went to (minus OMist and Mews to eat).
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
section(105) wrote: 4 years ago .......some local street talk, many hands old.......purchased by Kevin Finnegan.......?
Ahh... that would be very interesting. Kevin knows what he's doing.

I had heard Charlie wanted to buy it, but I also think the man is heartbroken over what Charlie O's became.

On social media that Bon Vue is definitely capitalizing on the loss of Chucks, not like there's really anywhere else for these kids to go anyway, at least BV is the only place left for the bars I actually went to (minus OMist and Mews to eat).
Bon Vue strikes me as the last one standing, in terms of the huge, "hey let's go see what's going on" type of college bar. O-Mist will always have Ticket Tuesday and other days that attract the college kids, but that place has its own entrenched crowd from Roy Carpenter's and other places to ever rely mostly on the college kids. When I was uber'ing in Gansett around 2015 to 2018, you'd have places that would open for a couple months - the latest reincarnation of the Wheelhouse, the "billiards" place around the corner from Arturo Joe's and Domino's - but then flame out because they didn't card at the door well enough (and incur the wrath of the town) or card too well (and piss off the students who couldn't get their friends in).
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

The place you’re referring to over there is now Proof which tried to capitalize on “farm to table”, but is also going down the tubes. Back in my time at URI it was Okie’s. It then became some horrendous place called Pompeii, and then was Perry’s (not to be confused with Pelly’s) after that.

Wheelhouse is now even something different than it was a year ago- it’s called Captain Foggy's (eyeroll).

I’ve enjoyed Ticket Tuesdays at the Mist before but never went there undergrad really since it was Casey’s wing night. I really wish Casey’s still existed.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago The place you’re referring to over there is now Proof which tried to capitalize on “farm to table”, but is also going down the tubes. Back in my time at URI it was Okie’s. It then became some horrendous place called Pompeii, and then was Perry’s (not to be confused with Pelly’s) after that.

Wheelhouse is now even something different than it was a year ago- it’s called Captain Foggy's (eyeroll).

I’ve enjoyed Ticket Tuesdays at the Mist before but never went there undergrad really since it was Casey’s wing night. I really wish Casey’s still existed.
Loved Casey's - even won the trivia tournament there one year with a couple friends, and got a free trip to NYC as a result. (Well, "free" outside of the hundreds we probably spend playing trivia a dozen times over the years, but still.) I probably went like once after I graduated URI in 2007, when it was supposed to have gone downhill, but the things I liked - nachos, waffle fries, French dip - were kind of hard to screw up anyway.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Great wings at Caseys.
1 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The chili nachos were the best......would come in once a week for them.....
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I still dream about the beer battered fries from Casey's from time to time. Loved that place. Will also never forget my $250 Keno win there one time. To a college kid it was like I just became a millionaire.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Casey's nacho, wings, and waffle fries are what I miss. Chophouse has mediocre nachos on their late nite menu, but at least the buffalo tenders are based on the former Charlie O's recipie.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Still can't believe Casey's couldn't make it .Went so much, we would get scooted in. That place was packed when I got married in 98. It was our go to place. But the food and service went down hill and thus bust.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The happy hours there [and the Mews too] were awesome, with Caseys peel and eat shrimp, steamship round of beef and more, and the Mews with basically a buffet....you could eat an entire meal for free....

Of course that's why those ended, due to too many people coming in just for the free food and not buying drinks....those were the days.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Line at Bon Vue was out the door at 9PM last night on their IG story. Only bar left!
0 x