Local EAts by URI

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Local EAts by URI

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

my cfo boss' daughter is going to URI this weekend for a socccer tourney

where should i tell him to go eat/drink, etc ?

i prob should send him on the water for the view, etc...

i haven't eaten there in awhile but is coast guard house any good for food ?

any other suggestions.. even if its not on the water that is near campus

and don't set me up w/ a bad place and get me fired

CUT BAIT !
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Local EAts by URI

Unread post by RF1 »

Coast Guard House
Trio
Spain
Matunuck Oyster Bar
Back 40
Chophouse
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Tilly's - BYOB
Mews
Rathskellar
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Crazy Burger has a good variety of eats and it has a quirky feel, which is nice. Depending on the range of ages of the kids, there is a playground near it, and the beach is a 10 minute walk, short car ride away. However, the tables are kind of small, so they might have to wait for a bit if they have more than six people. The Mews is also pretty family-friendly if you're eating in the dining rooms.

RF1's options are all good if they're looking for more... upscale isn't the right word, but better food than the two I listed in most cases, yeah. Rathskellar has some really tasty, unique food options like brats, but it is a tiny bit off the beaten path. (Then again, they can just take Route 1 to Route 95 in Westerly / Stonington.)
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Also TwoTen Oyster House closer but not quite as good as Matunuck. Both are strong supporters of URI.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I really want to support TwoTen because of their support for URI, but I've been twice and both times the service was horrendous. The first time I went might have been the worst service I've ever experienced in a restaurant and the only reason I went back is because of a gift card I got from Athletics during one of their promotions
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago I really want to support TwoTen because of their support for URI, but I've been twice and both times the service was horrendous. The first time I went might have been the worst service I've ever experienced in a restaurant and the only reason I went back is because of a gift card I got from Athletics during one of their promotions
We’ve been about a half dozen times and have always had decent service. Maybe we were lucky.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

If there are multiple games during the day and time is tight, then Tilly's is the answer. A nearby restaurant not quite as far as Back 40 is Celestial Cafe in the Oak Harbor Village on Route 2 in Exeter. My friends who live nearby have given it a positive recommendation, haven't had a chance to visit myself.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago If there are multiple games during the day and time is tight, then Tilly's is the answer. A nearby restaurant not quite as far as Back 40 is Celestial Cafe in the Oak Harbor Village on Route 2 in Exeter. My friends who live nearby have given it a positive recommendation, haven't had a chance to visit myself.
I've been to Celestial Cafe - very tasty.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Tilly's is the best bet for proximity to soccer. Dude can drop the fam off at Tilly's to order and bolt around the corner to Shaidzon, grab a growler or some cans, eat/drink, back to soccering... Or, just go straight to Shaidzon, they have Tilly's menus and order delivery...
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I think TwoTen is excellent. I had some not so great service there when they first opened, but they have a great app menu and sushi. Can get a little pricy, but I think they're doing a great job.

Matunuck Oyster Bar. Love it. Perry is great, and obviously I will support any business who supports Rhody. My issue is MOB gets too crowded and I avoid in the summer at all costs.

Crazy Burger makes me want to barf. It got a ton of noteriety when Guy Fieri went there about 10 years ago. All the bozos waiting to get in sit on the sidewalk.. I was taking a walk with my friend and her baby two weekends ago and NO ONE standing/sitting on the sidewalk moved out of the way for my friend who was pushing the stroller. Like WTF is she supposed to go in the street with her 7 month old??!

Also, food at ChopHouse is not very good. I usually go there after games. A few years ago it would be PACKED after games but this season I noticed it didn't get as packed.

Coast Guard House you cannot beat. Big Rhody supporters.

There's another restuarant in Narragansett, PJ's Pub on Boon Street. Food there is always good. Chicken Parm. Owners are huge Rhody Fans and season ticket holders.

Spain is a staple.

One of my favorite places in Narragansett is Monahan's. I love the food there, but the line can get a bit long.

I've heard great things about Tilly's, but I still haven't made it over there.

I think Yelp is silly but this is about as Yelp-y as I will get. I am not Karen/Beverly and I definitely do not want to speak to the manager.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

thanks everyone !

i will pass along !
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

This is a great thread. Thank you for the suggestions.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Good thread for covid19 update. Tilly’s and Effie’s have solid pandemic management happening.

I pretty much just get my take home there. Got lucky today at Allies today short line...
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

My wife and I went to Matunuck Oyster Bar on Tuesday. Great experience! We had to make reservations about 10 days ahead of time if you want prime time hours. But that meant minimal wait. All rules were followed and we appreciated the extra space between tables. There was a posted 75 minute limit on dining but the service was a bit slow so we were there for an hour and 45. Food and waitstaff excellent as usual.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!