2019-20 Women's Basketball

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Re: 2019-20 Women's Basketball

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

For all you women's hoop fans that have shown a tremendous loyalty over the past few years, your prayers will soon be answered. While all of this COVID-19 has monopolized our lives, Coach Reese has transformed the roster and expects to be in the upper echelon of the A10 this season. Looking forward to it.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

She has done a great job, together with her excellent staff. #GetOnBoard.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Have the foreign players arrived? I think there were a couple from France.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

EasyEdBrown wrote: 4 years ago Unless I'm missing someone (and I could be), WBB has 5 scholarships left for next year.

Vargas
Tahane
Rodgers
Harvey-Carr
Niang
Brown
Farcy
Foppossi
Cairns
Handley
plus Johanna Muzet grad transfer

plus Sophie Phillips verbalized but is only a Junior in HS. Sophie's twin sister, Lilly, committed to Albany in May. They are Coached in HS by their father.

https://poststar.com/sports/high-school ... 57354.html

0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

Yes, and Savannah Clark has another year, so by my count, that's 3 scholarships left.

Marta Vargas
Johanna Muzet
Savannah Clark
Emmanuelle Tahane
Brazil Harvey-Carr
Haby Niang
Kassondra Brown
Lya Farcy
Marie-Paule Foppossi
Dolly Cairns
Yani Hendley
Maye Toure

Also, the departed:

Erin Jones - North Florida
Meghan Oshberg - San Jose St
Jessica Rogers - Iona
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

EasyEdBrown wrote: 3 years ago Yes, and Savannah Clark has another year, so by my count, that's 3 scholarships left.

Marta Vargas
Johanna Muzet
Savannah Clark
Emmanuelle Tahane
Brazil Harvey-Carr
Haby Niang
Kassondra Brown
Lya Farcy
Marie-Paule Foppossi
Dolly Cairns
Yani Hendley
Maye Toure

Also, the departed:

Jessica Rogers - Iona
You are correct.
Women get 15 Scholarships in D1 (Men only get 13)

Sophie Phillips has committed to URI as a HS JR. she will attend 2021-2022.

Info on Meghan Oberg Grad Transfer to San Jose State.

https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2020/4/17 ... class.aspx
0 x
RamZone72
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RamZone72 »

EasyEdBrown wrote: 3 years ago Yes, and Savannah Clark has another year, so by my count, that's 3 scholarships left.

Marta Vargas
Johanna Muzet
Savannah Clark
Emmanuelle Tahane
Brazil Harvey-Carr
Haby Niang
Kassondra Brown
Lya Farcy
Marie-Paule Foppossi
Dolly Cairns
Yani Hendley
Maye Toure

Also, the departed:

Jessica Rogers - Iona
Roster looks very revamped. Curious to see what the returners and transfers can do after learning Reiss system for a year. Seems like she has a great staff in place. Anyone know if the foreigners are in America? 7 of 12 from Europe if travel ban doesn't get lifted before September how can they get to school? Also- has a Division 1 college basketball team ever had 60% of their team consist of internationals. Interesting recruiting tactics that could go either really good or really bad.

Could this finally be THE year? La-Force preached every year at the Season Ticket Event it was the year. That lasted about 3 games into every season. :lol:
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

RamZone72 wrote: 3 years ago Also- has a Division 1 college basketball team ever had 60% of their team consist of internationals. Interesting recruiting tactics that could go either really good or really bad.
In recent memory, there was a D1 coach (can't remember men's or women's) who stated that they knew they had no chance of landing elite prospects in the U.S., but felt they could be competitive by identifying elite European prospects who may have been Top 50/Top 100/Top 150 if they were American-born and trying to bring them over.

In terms of can it be successful, the St. Mary's team last season was pretty good -- 15 players, 4 Australian, 2 New Zealand, 1 England, 1 Latvia, 1 Estonia (9 total). Not as significant, but Davidson had 16 players on the roster, 6 international players (South Korea, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, England, Austria). Unfortunately I'm more familiar with the men's game, so I can't particularly speak to women's roster construction.
0 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

Trouble looming if rhody decides to go online

Year break in Beijing, China, on Jan. 31, 2020. (Kevin Frayer/Getty Images)MORE
US NEWS
Foreign Students Can’t Stay in US If Colleges Move Online, ICE Says
BY GQ PAN
July 6, 2020 Updated: July 6, 2020
FacebookTweetLinkedInEmail
165 Shares
42 Comments
Foreign students won’t be able to stay in the United States if their universities decide to entirely rely on remote learning, according to new plans released by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on Monday.

The Epoch Times

Foreigners are usually required to take no more than one class or three credit hours online for each semester, otherwise they would risk having their student visa denied or revoked. The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), an ICE program that oversees foreign nationals on F and M visas, temporarily suspended this policy, allowing foreign students to take more online courses than “normally permitted by federal regulation” while keeping their non-immigrant status throughout spring and summer, as institutions across the country shifted to online education due to the pandemic.
0 x
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

All In wrote: 4 years ago
URI_IEP wrote: 4 years ago Let's pump the breaks. She hasn't coached a game yet...
You can tell a lot about a book by its cover. She strikes me as a “do your job “ no nonsense or bs, my way or the highway type coach! Darth Dania played favorites was all fluff no substance, let her pets do whatever they wanted to do, no discipline, no coaching, no nothing! They are polar opposites. With the moves Tammy has made and what’s transpired so far I would bet the house on this coach! She has a plan!
This IS an "I told you so" post...

Don't know if there is anyone who can be successful with the WBB program, but she deserves a fair shake, too. She's 4 games into a season hugely impacted by COVID. Hard to make ANY evaluations based on this season.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

URI_IEP wrote: 3 years ago
URI_IEP wrote: 4 years ago Let's pump the breaks. She hasn't coached a game yet...
You can tell a lot about a book by its cover. She strikes me as a “do your job “ no nonsense or bs, my way or the highway type coach! Darth Dania played favorites was all fluff no substance, let her pets do whatever they wanted to do, no discipline, no coaching, no nothing! They are polar opposites. With the moves Tammy has made and what’s transpired so far I would bet the house on this coach! She has a plan!

Don't know if there is anyone who can be successful with the WBB program, but she deserves a fair shake, too. She's 4 games into a season hugely impacted by COVID. Hard to make ANY evaluations based on this season.
You can't say I told you so in year two!

I believe in Tammy

Tammy is smart, cool and hot.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago
URI_IEP wrote: 3 years ago

You can't say I told you so in year two!

I believe in Tammy

Tammy is smart, cool and hot.
Cooler and warmer.
0 x