The Masters

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The Masters

Unread post by theblueram »

Tiger had three legit chances at birdies and missed them, but still enters the weekend at 1 off the lead. Can he win another major? I love watching golf when Tiger is in the mix.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: The Masters

Unread post by TruePoint »

Tiger kind of got hosed by the lightning stoppage, then had that volunteer almost take out his achilles. Weird round, but he’s in the hunt. If he gets the putter going over the weekend he can definitely win.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

He's hitting the ball well, and his putting is ok. He needs to up his putting to make a move. That volunteer sliding into him was strange. But I love this tournament, whoever wins. Great weekend tv.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

He’s hitting it as well as anyone in the field. He’s missed about a half dozen putts from inside 10 feet and another handful of makeable 10-15 footers. Luckily for him, he has nailed a couple of longer ones.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Yes he missed two short ones but rolled in a few long ones. Spent a lot of time watching Masters.com on my computer which was excellent; although not exactly productive work-wise. Koepka had a roller coaster round as well; he's fun to watch too. Great leaderboard should be great TV this weekend.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Literally half the field is within a few shots of the lead.

I get the feeling someone is going to pop a great round tomorrow and separate themselves from the field.

However that still doesn't guarantee a win on Sunday.

Tiger has to start making those 5-10 footers to have a chance. Today he bombed a few in from long range which is tough to expect to happen again this weekend.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Agree rambone. I feel a 64 coming tomorrow. Question is whether another golfer or two can match it or stay close. If we can get 2-3 guys to go low tomorrow and separate a bit from the field it will set up an awesome Sunday.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

But having 4 or 5 guys on top the leader board on Sunday makes a very interesting round.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Tiger has proven that when he's playing well, he's still as good as anybody out there.

Still, when you get on the north side of 40, those short putts become a problem.

About the only elite golfer in my memory anyway, who didn't suffer from the yips after 40, was Nicklaus.

Here's a mind boggling stat:

In 1962 Palmer lost the US Open to Nicklaus in a playoff. Palmer 3 putted 12 times and Nicklaus once.

AP admitted years later that was the best 4 days he ever played from tee to green in his life, yet he lost because he missed so many short putts. And Arnold was in his prime then!

As they say, drive for show, putt for dough.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Tiger had made some of those short ones today, he'd be 3 or so clear of the field.

He will probably need those by Sunday night.

The greens were the slowest I've ever seen at Augusta...and even slower after the rain.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I've seen the video a few times now. The guy that tried to slide tackle Tiger ...
I've been to some golf tournaments, but I can honestly say, that has never happened at any of 'em that I was at.

If you go to the video posted on ESPN on their golf page
TIGER TRIPPED BY SECURITY GUARD, SINKS BIRDIE PUTT

Just loop the 30 to 40 second stretch. I mean, this guy, light khakis, dark blue shirt...just comes running right at the camera...at Tiger, then he just goes down in a crazy slide and plants his knee into Tiger's ankle. I had to keep watching it because I couldn't believe what I was seeing...even after, well...a lot of times.

ETA: He managed to evade the caddy, but somehow couldn't avoid the only person anyone there was looking at... Dude has to do a Tide commercial or something with those khakis, doesn't he?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

...when I'm out there slide tackling the world's best golfers on a rainy day at Augusta...I rely on OxyClean to keep these khakis in shape.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What a great round today at the Masters

That leaderboard is unreal

Should be an incredible weekend
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Sunday is going to be great. What a day of golf! Tiger up on top.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Hopefully they get it in before the weather turns bad. Good decision to move up the tee times.

Also hope Molinari starts missing a few putts. This week he has been amazing....one bogey all week....
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Molinari will be tough to catch he has been in the zone since winning the British
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

He's back!!!!! What a final day at the Masters!!
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

reef wrote: 5 years ago Molinari will be tough to catch he has been in the zone since winning the British
Molinari choked. Tiger takes advantage.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Tigers back. Pretty exciting!
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Incredible day indeed

EL Tigre is back
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Some of us watching were probably as nervous as he was.

When he hit that poor approach to 18 it was definitely sweaty palms time for Tiger.

That Brook K. is a beast. Good thing he missed a ton of makeable putts.

Don't think Tiger will pass Jack for most majors, but I think he will definitely win at least one more, maybe even this year.

He will also pass Snead for all time wins, and get close to 90 as long as his back holds up.

Him and Nicklaus are no doubt 1 and 1A for the GOAT. People can debate who is 1 and who is 1A....
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago Yes he missed two short ones but rolled in a few long ones. Spent a lot of time watching Masters.com on my computer which was excellent; although not exactly productive work-wise. Koepka had a roller coaster round as well; he's fun to watch too. Great leaderboard should be great TV this weekend.
I'm not a Koepka guy at all. He's a phenomenal player obviously, but he's the poster child for the group of golfers his age that are just so robotic that they're just not interesting to follow
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago I've seen the video a few times now. The guy that tried to slide tackle Tiger ...
I've been to some golf tournaments, but I can honestly say, that has never happened at any of 'em that I was at.

If you go to the video posted on ESPN on their golf page
TIGER TRIPPED BY SECURITY GUARD, SINKS BIRDIE PUTT

Just loop the 30 to 40 second stretch. I mean, this guy, light khakis, dark blue shirt...just comes running right at the camera...at Tiger, then he just goes down in a crazy slide and plants his knee into Tiger's ankle. I had to keep watching it because I couldn't believe what I was seeing...even after, well...a lot of times.

ETA: He managed to evade the caddy, but somehow couldn't avoid the only person anyone there was looking at... Dude has to do a Tide commercial or something with those khakis, doesn't he?
Dude literally had ONE job and he almost screwed it up more than anyone possibly could
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Yesterday, especially that back 9, was as good as it gets for a golf tournament. Major, iconic course, stacked leaderboard, plenty of twist and turns, amazing shots, bad shots that make you realize they're human too, and maybe the greatest to ever do it write another chapter, couldn't ask for anything more
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

The Masters is head and shoulders above the other majors IMO. The course allows for great scoring but can take it away in a heartbeat. The par 5's that have eagle potential are always interesting, and every year somebody loses their chance to win on one of them it seems.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The Masters is the only golf event I’m interested in watching probably because the course is so beautiful.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

It is awesome: those par 5s on the "second nine" as Augusta insists it is called, along with the par 3 16th, just result in so many scoring swings. You get too aggressive and are looking at a bogey if you are lucky. But those who know the lay of the greens aim for their safe spot 30-40 feet from the pin and try to knock the long eagle or birdie putt in, or in the case of 16th aim for the spot 40 feet away and let the tee shot trickle down to the pin.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Amazing how all those players went into the drink on 12 opening up the door for Tiger

Tiger has so much experience he knows how to win on that course

One bettor won close to 1.2 million on Tiger bet him last week 85 k @ 14-1
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago It is awesome: those par 5s on the "second nine" as Augusta insists it is called, along with the par 3 16th, just result in so many scoring swings. You get too aggressive and are looking at a bogey if you are lucky. But those who know the lay of the greens aim for their safe spot 30-40 feet from the pin and try to knock the long eagle or birdie putt in, or in the case of 16th aim for the spot 40 feet away and let the tee shot trickle down to the pin.
Tiger's shot Sunday at 16 comes to mind. Just the perfect shot and ended up being the dagger
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody74 wrote: 5 years ago The Masters is the only golf event I’m interested in watching probably because the course is so beautiful.
Probably because their ~300 members aren't beating up the course. :lol:
1 x