'16 PG - Jeremy Sheppard (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '19 JUCO PG - Jeremy Sheppard (Offer)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Back when I went to URI the coeds there were VERY highly ranked lol.

As a party school we were number 2 in the country one year.....don't remember who votes on those sort of things.

I majored in business admin with a minor in partying....maybe that's why I don't remember?
Miss Rhode Island was a Ramette when I was there in the 70s.
0 x
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

Unread post by ramsman75 »

That was Mark Van Eeghen's daughter...back in the old gogo boot days!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Doombone, those were good times!! I know one of those years we were one of the top party schools it was a PlayBoy article that made the distinction, I'm sure it wasn't exactly a scientific study, anecdotally though I'm sure we were up there, I visited a lot of friends at schools all over NE, NY and Penn when I was matriculating. URI students partied hard back then, every night of the week there was group debauchery somewhere on campus, only the Jungle at UConn reviled us. I had some all night experiences at New England College in NH but it was a very mellow crowd/vibe. As soon as the weather broke in spring time, during the day, our quad was full of students 'hanging out.' Many of my associates would have liquid lunch in the quad and go to afternoon classes (or not) drunk etc. and still maintain a higher cumulative than me. Ah good times...
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Running Ram wrote: 5 years ago Doombone, those were good times!! I know one of those years we were one of the top party schools it was a PlayBoy article that made the distinction, I'm sure it wasn't exactly a scientific study, anecdotally though I'm sure we were up there, I visited a lot of friends at schools all over NE, NY and Penn when I was matriculating. URI students partied hard back then, every night of the week there was group debauchery somewhere on campus, only the Jungle at UConn reviled us. I had some all night experiences at New England College in NH but it was a very mellow crowd/vibe. As soon as the weather broke in spring time, during the day, our quad was full of students 'hanging out.' Many of my associates would have liquid lunch in the quad and go to afternoon classes (or not) drunk etc. and still maintain a higher cumulative than me. Ah good times...
Yep, we were ranked #2. Miami was #1.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramsman75 wrote: 5 years ago That was Mark Van Eeghen's daughter...back in the old gogo boot days!
No, this is going back further. Van Eeghan's daughter is married to Dan Koppen. They're much younger than I am. Her name is Debbie Cerroni. But you're right about the white go go boots.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Fellas, back on topic, PLEASE
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Fellas, back on topic, PLEASE
Damn! :D
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

A little late to the party on this since it was posted yesterday, but check out Jeremy Sheppard's Instagram story. Cool insight into how Rhody rolls out the red carpet for recruits. In his hotel room, Sheppard had URI and the interlocking RI logo spelled out on his bed (in seashells, I believe?), a nice spread of food/drinks/swag, and a photoshopped ESPN The Magazine with Sheppard in a Rhody uniform on the cover.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Am I the only one embarrassed by this? Seashells?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RAM67 wrote: 5 years ago Am I the only one embarrassed by this? Seashells?
It wasn’t seashells, it was candy. Hershey Kisses it appears.

He is out to lunch now at the Coast Guard House it’s Fatts, Antwan, Cox and others....
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago

He is out to lunch now at the Coast Guard House it’s Fatts, Antwan, Cox and others....
Yeah I wasn't sure on the seashells bit. For those that haven't seen it, it's a video panning around his hotel room so you only see each thing for a split second.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awesome close the deal boys !!!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago
ramsman75 wrote: 5 years ago That was Mark Van Eeghen's daughter...back in the old gogo boot days!
No, this is going back further. Van Eeghan's daughter is married to Dan Koppen. They're much younger than I am. Her name is Debbie Cerroni. But you're right about the white go go boots.
Apropos of nothing and despite just “liked” a post asking us to get back on topic, Koppen is an owner of the brewery in EG, where rumor has it that Brady and Gronk may make an appearance (or may have already made an appearance) today.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago
Apropos of nothing and despite just “liked” a post asking us to get back on topic, Koppen is an owner of the brewery in EG, where rumor has it that Brady and Gronk may make an appearance (or may have already made an appearance) today.
My son works in EG and does business with Dan. Dan told him yesterday that there's an event this weekend. ....Ok, back on topic!
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Candy, Seashells. What does it matter. It's still embarrassing.
0 x
Rhodymadness401
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodymadness401 »

Seen coach Boswell and Sheppard driving on campus, coach Boswell has been a monster on the recruiting front. Not sure if you follow him on instagram but he was also in Texas at a Jr. College yesterday, this guy is getting it done.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

No disrespect to Ty but traveling the country scouting players is his job. Identifying and signing talent is ‘getting it done’
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Is Sutton out recruiting?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Is Sutton out recruiting?
Yes.
Ty is focused on the JUCOs though.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 5 years ago A little late to the party on this since it was posted yesterday, but check out Jeremy Sheppard's Instagram story. Cool insight into how Rhody rolls out the red carpet for recruits. In his hotel room, Sheppard had URI and the interlocking RI logo spelled out on his bed (in seashells, I believe?), a nice spread of food/drinks/swag, and a photoshopped ESPN The Magazine with Sheppard in a Rhody uniform on the cover.
I thought the magazine was pretty cool
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RAM67 wrote: 5 years ago

This is an idiotic take. They do this for all recruits. Even outside of URI. Hotel rooms are typically filled with treats, souvenirs, etc... Typically the find out what the recruits like before their visits, and set the room up accordingly. I think your making it a deal, when it isn’t.
3 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

[/]

Who cares as long as the kid signs
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

This is an idiotic take. They do this for all recruits. Even outside of URI. Hotel rooms are typically filled with treats, souvenirs, etc... Typically the find out what the recruits like before their visits, and set the room up accordingly. I think your making it a deal, when it isn’t.
It’s a very strange take.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Did Brady and Gronk show in EG ?? Now that’s some news indeed ??
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Well if he does end up committing somewhere else we will all know it was the the seashells that ruined our chances... :?
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yup.

Definitely.

Uh huh.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What no balloons?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Can’t beat those views from CGH. They do a great job, and bringing a fellow transfer is smart.
0 x
GO RAMS
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I disagree that decorating the room with candy and URI swag was wrong. Keep in mind that these players are kids! Apparently he enjoyed it, as he posted a panaramic video of the room and zoomed in on the goodies and the magazine cover with him in a URI uniform. Some of you guys have nothing better to do but complain about everything.
8 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Some of us are just having fun with it.

It's not like Pitino's the coach and the room was decorated with eye candy......ha ha
2 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Every school everywhere sets up a recruit’s hotel room like this, and about eighty percent of said recruits put up an ig story where they pan around the room saying things like, “alright, ok, feeling the love, etc.”.

A lot of things about recruiting are just kind of weird.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ace wrote: 5 years ago Every school everywhere sets up a recruit’s hotel room like this, and about eighty percent of said recruits put up an ig story where they pan around the room saying things like, “alright, ok, feeling the love, etc.”.

We agree! *wink wink*
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ace wrote: 5 years ago Every school everywhere sets up a recruit’s hotel room like this, and about eighty percent of said recruits put up an ig story where they pan around the room saying things like, “alright, ok, feeling the love, etc.”.

Agree. Usually the night the recruit shows up the staff doesn’t have contact with him because they don’t want the 48 hour clock to start for the campus visit. So they put a bunch of stuff in the hotel room. Saw it on my IGs this year - Bishop at Xavier, Harris at Miami etc. They all included candy, drinks & school stuff.
1 x
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

Looks like the team is enjoying some steak at the Mooring in Newport...
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Could possibly be a done deal by now
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Agreed DC. We might know really soon.

Lol....if URI was located in Newport we might have even more recruiting success.

At least Newport is closer to URI than Providence.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

This kid is going to think URI is in Newport :)
2 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

First of all I'm not an idiot, and secondly I may be a little strange, but I did not make a big deal out of it. I have no problem with the kid getting some treats, and even the ESPN mag didn't bother me. What I did get a laugh out of was the candy or seashells spread on the bed with the URI logo. I don't think we did that back in 60's, so I guess I'm showing my age. Not all of us are so into the recruiting scene as you are DC, so don't act so high and mighty.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

First of all I'm not an idiot, and secondly I may be a little strange, but I did not make a big deal out of it. I have no problem with the kid getting some treats, and even the ESPN mag didn't bother me. What I did get a laugh out of was the candy or seashells spread on the bed with the URI logo. I don't think we did that back in 60's, so I guess I'm showing my age. Not all of us are so into the recruiting scene as you are DC, so don't act so high and mighty.
Some things are better left unsaid.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Nobody said you are an idiot or that you are strange. It was just an odd take to me. The staff knows what it’s doing, and this is the way this all works now.

Also, not to be a jerk, but when you’re quoting another post please put your text outside of the quote marker rather than inside it. I fixed your actual post, but if you look at DC’s reply you can see what happens when you do it the other way.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

So sorry.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Love it!! Way to go Coach Cox!!!
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Sweet!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Fantastic!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Nice to get someone who can shoot who has played at the D-1 level rather than another freshman
2 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Fantastic!!! Huge get!!! We are winning the A10 championship next season, book it.
2 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

This is huge!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: '19 JUCO PG - Jeremy Sheppard (URI Commit)

Unread post by adam914 »

The candy clearly worked...
3 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Re: '19 JUCO PG - Jeremy Sheppard (URI Commit)

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

1 x
Common sense is not common.